Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine (1638 Views)

Putin Spotted In China With Nuclear Briefcase Nearby In Rare Footage / US Harpoon Missiles Destroyed A Heavily-armed Russian Vessel In The Black Sea / Ukraine Receives Harpoon Missiles And Howitzers, Says Defence Minister. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teeaser4(m): 9:28am On May 20, 2022
Russia’s Harpoon-3 anti-drone electronic warfare (EW) system has been spotted with Russian troops in Ukraine for the first time.

On May 18, a photo showing the main jamming and detection station of the Harpoon-3 system deployed in an unspecified part of Ukraine surfaced online.

The Harpoon-3 was developed by the Automation Technology and Programming in Saint Petersburg to counter the threat of light and ultralight drones with EW means. The system was presented for the first time during the 2021 MAKS Air Show.

The system comes with a radio-electronic gun that can suppress the communication and navigation channels of commercial drones.

The Harpoon-3 system operates in the frequencies from 433 to 5800 MHz and has three modes of jamming. The first mode jams the frequencies of 488, 868 or 1200 MHz, suppressing the drone radio control channels. The second mode suppresses the drone’s satellite navigation signals at the frequencies of 1575, 2400 and 5200 MHz. The third mode blocks the frequencies of 433, 868 and 5800 MHz of the drone’s data-link.

Depending on the jamming mode, the system can either force the drone to land or to return to the take-off site. The system has a maximum range of 2-3,5 kilometers[b]

Kiev forces have been using light and ultralight commercial drone to monitor and even attack Russian forces since the beginning of the Russian special military operation in Ukraine. The effectiveness of these drones was likely behind the Russian military’s decision to equip its forces in Ukraine with anti-drone systems like the Harpoon-3.

It’s worth noting that the Russian military operates several types of anti-drone EW systems, which were developed in the recent years.

Source : https://southfront org/russias- harpoon-3-anti-drone-system-spotted-in-ukraine/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teeaser4(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2022
The Harpoon-3 main jamming and defection station in Ukraine.

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teeaser4(m): 9:32am On May 20, 2022
The radio-electronic gun of the Harpoon-3 system as seen during the Indestructible Brotherhood-2021 exercise. Photo grab from a video released by the Russian Ministry of Defense.

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 6:05pm On May 20, 2022
Uncle Teeaser, I scored 289.I just saw my result now.My result is diappointing.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teazer4(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Uncle Teeaser, I scored 289.I just saw my result now.My result is diappointing.
Wow!!! I’m glad to hear that. Congratulations to you. That’s a good results. Shey dem still Dey do PostUTME, if yes you need another scores like this too. I wish you all the best. Feel free to keep me posted, if you don’t mind. Stay blessed Victor.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 7:28pm On May 20, 2022
Teazer4:
Wow!!! I’m glad to hear that. Congratulations to you. That’s a good results. Shey dem still Dey do PostUTME, if yes you need another scores like this too. I wish you all the best. Feel free to keep me posted, if you don’t mind. Stay blessed Victor.
Thanks.There's postutme and i will keep my uncle updated.Tho I didn't study for it, I expected higher score.

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teazer4(m): 7:30pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Thanks.There's postutme and i will keep my uncle updated.Tho I didn't study for it, I expected higher score.
that’s no problem, as long as you meet your departmental or school cutoff… what course did you apply for ? If you don’t mind me asking
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 7:39pm On May 20, 2022
Teazer4:
that’s no problem, as long as you meet your departmental or school cutoff… what course did you apply for ? If you don’t mind me asking
I applied for Law with the cut-off of 230 but I will change to political science and international relations.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teazer4(m): 7:50pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
I applied for Law with the cut-off of 230 but I will change to political science and international relations.
if you’re not going to study Law, then I’d advice you to go for International Relations. You gonna like it.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2022
Wow! I admire yougrin What are you waiting for in Cape Town? I actually wanted to study law in my bachelor's degree, but I'm changing coz I emailed a Law Professor in New York University he said it's better to study something else in my bachelor's (here in Nigeria) and then Law in Master's(there in the US).His opinion tho.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teazer4(m): 8:07pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Wow! I admire yougrin What are you waiting for in Cape Town? I actually wanted to study law in my bachelor's degree, but I'm changing coz I emailed a Law Professor in New York University he said it's better to study something else in my bachelor's (here in Nigeria) and then Law in Master's(there in the US).His opinion tho.
Thank you Vic. He’s right tho, e Dey hard to break into legal system in a foreign country,

The point is do what you like, like tha you’ll not get bored.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2022
Teazer4 thank u so much.Expect to meet u in yankee (New York in particular).
Beautygoddesss
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:19pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
like seriouse bae really!!!!!
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:20pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:

Beautygoddesss
hey bae
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
like seriouse bae really!!!!!
Serious! Bae, being POTUS is my target.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:24pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Serious! Bae, being POTUS is my target.
wats POTUS?
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
hey bae
Go thru this thread and understand why I'm not going for Law.A broke(poorest of the very poor) boy with seemingly unreachable dreams grin
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
wats POTUS?
Google it na grin POTUS(President of the United States).

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:29pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Go thru this thread and understand why I'm not going for Law.A broke(poorest of the very poor) boy with seemingly unreachable dreams grin
crycryvictor just lemme alone
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:31pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Google it na grin POTUS(President of the United States).
no need.thanksundecidedsadcry
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:32pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
crycryvictor just lemme alone
Ok am gonna leave u.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:33pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Ok am gonna leave u.
u r wicked,u did nt even tell me sef
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Teazer4(m): 8:35pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:

Beautygoddesss
… Yeah Hopefully, stay safe

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:35pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
no need.thanksundecidedsadcry
Why
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:36pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Why
y did u nt tell me
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:37pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
u r wicked,u did nt even tell me sef
You said I should leave, I agreed to comply, boom am wicked
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:41pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
You said I should leave, I agreed to comply, boom am wicked
hmmmundecided
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
hmmmundecided
Why sighing? am just joking o.
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Why sighing? am just joking o.
ok.geez obamamessi is too formal
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
ok.geez obamamessi is too formal
Too formal as in
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by Beautygoddesss: 8:59pm On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Too formal as in
i flash,he call he asked who it was said its me then asked how he could help me i said nothing just wanted to check up on him.he said thanks then good night.call ended.SERIOUSLY WAT WAS THAT!!
Re: Russia’s Harpoon-3 Anti-drone System Spotted In Ukraine by VictorUSA(m): 9:05pm On May 20, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
i flash,he call he asked who it was said its me then asked how he could help me i said nothing just wanted to check up on him.he said thanks then good night.call ended.SERIOUSLY WAT WAS THAT!!
Forget ObamaMessi, he trust nobody on nairaland.I will spank that his nyamiriflathead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egypt Rejects Proposals To Establish Corridors Out Of Gaza / Central African Republic / Nude Woman Boards Chicago Train, Slaps Passengers & Announces She's A Goddess ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.