Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence (972 Views)

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence / Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence by Breeze5000: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2011
No be today husband and wife, boyfriend and girl friend start to dey fight. The thing don start before Oduduwa time, but na when the thing don move from slap, blow, bite to killing Nigerians come dey wake up. Some people just take am as part of life say it's normal untill that suma-binch stab that poor girl to death na him people start to dey discuss am. But on the real a Guy that beats his wife or girlfriend is the weakest man alive and there is no excuse on God's planet for that. Yeah I have head all the reasons in the world, "You dont know my wife, you dont know my girlfriend and all the blah! blah! and unripe plantains that follows"

So because you cant take it, then you had to resolve to violence? Truth is men only do this because they know they are stronger and can beat the ladies in question. My question be say, if your wife or girlfriend strong like Mike Tyson, you sure say you no go find another option even if she provokes you? Of cause you wont dare hit her because she will beat the hell out of you and you wont step outside for fear of being laughed at by your peers.

Now to all my Naija, African, inshort women all over the world here is an advice that might save your life, So please take this very seriously. Invest in yourself! Take "Karate lessons" It might save your life someday because it normally starts from little slaps and gradually graduates to killing. Especially for women in Naija, cos Nigeria is a copycat society, we sabi copy bad thing no be small and before you know it you will be reading about a guy that kills his wife or girlfriend everyday in the news papers. So take my advice serious because once a man knows you can defend yourself, he will think twice before hitting you. He will finally choose dialogue. For those wey dey Naija, hook up with "Natty Bruce" he is the same guy that gave Genevieve Nnaji and others lessons for the movie 30 Days. He is very known in Nollywood, ask anybody for "Natty Bruce"and I am sure he doesnt charge so much. I no wan hear say another lady loose her life o! And if your boyfriend slap you, just leave am at once no matter how much im beg unless he go for therapy. Dont allow his promise of taking you to Tantalizer, Mr Bigs or buying you the latest Blackberry make you go back to him o! I sabi say una Naija girls like Blackberry pass una mama, but your life is more important trust me. A word is enough for the? Oya finish the sentence.
http://naijajoint..com/2011/07/domestic-violence.html
Re: Domestic Violence by MissyB3(f): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
Nigerians - Men and women- need to be properly enlightened on the issue of abuse.

Nice write-up. I enjoyed reading, esp. the part written in pidgin. Funny, but a serious issue.
Re: Domestic Violence by tpia5: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2011
nice write up.

of course violence shouldnt be escalated, but if a man constantly feels abuse is the only form of dialogue he has recourse to, that's not good.
Re: Domestic Violence by armyofone(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2011
also the police should man up and do a better job protecting women and children in nigeria.
there is a functioning 911 in the USA for anyone. you dial it opari. you don't even have to give them your address. they will locate where the call came in from. i just want nigeria to be able to do the same.
protect yourself, learn tae kwondo. don't take any nonsense, just a pinch is enough for you to show the man that he 'jam' gbagbati

i hate woman beater. i will never hestitate to call the cop for any man born of a woman who dare pinches me no matter how much i love him.
Re: Domestic Violence by Breeze5000: 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Nigerians - Men and women- need to be properly enlightened on the issue of abuse.

Nice write-up. I enjoyed reading, esp. the part written in pidgin. Funny, but a serious issue.
Thanks Missy B,
glad you liked it, but as you said this is a very serious issue and I do hope women would start learning how to protect themselves cos it looks like nobody is ready to protect them and this abuse thing might even get worse
Re: Domestic Violence by Breeze5000: 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2011
tpia@:

nice write up.

of course violence shouldnt be escalated, but if a man constantly feels abuse is the only form of dialogue he has recourse to, that's not good.
Thanks glad you liked it,
But domestic abuse has been part of our daily lives in Naija that some see it as normal and my fear is that with the recent stabbing to death of the young lady wahala dey for road!
Re: Domestic Violence by Breeze5000: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
armyofone:

also the police should man up and do a better job protecting women and children in nigeria.
there is a functioning 911 in the USA for anyone. you dial it opari. you don't even have to give them your address. they will locate where the call came in from. i just want nigeria to be able to do the same.
protect yourself, learn tae kwondo. don't take any nonsense, just a pinch is enough for you to show the man that he 'jam' gbagbati

i hate woman beater. i will never hestitate to call the cop for any man born of a woman who dare pinches me no matter how much i love him.

But na the same police fight their wives pass. Ask anyone that has been in police barracks before, Unless the government makes this a crime I dont see any solution except the girls/ladies takes my advice and learn some karate to protect themselves, and Sometimes harrass the male fellows like saying "Oya na you go wash plate and cook today or else I go just sound you!" grin
Re: Domestic Violence by Outstrip(f): 1:48am On Jul 15, 2011
armyofone:

The police are too busy beating their own wives to have time to save someone else's. It is a cultural thing. mutter said on this forum that her ex husband beat her visciously in public and when she jumped out of the car and ran into the arms of the police they turned her around and handed her back to the man. There you have it. Nigerian police at their finest
Re: Domestic Violence by Breeze5000: 2:18am On Jul 15, 2011
Outstrip:

The police are too busy beating their own wives to have time to save someone else's. It is a cultural thing. mutter said on this forum that her ex husband beat her visciously in public and when she jumped out of the car and ran into the arms of the police they turned her around and handed her back to the man. There you have it. Nigerian police at their finest
For real? That's so horrible, I feel like throwing up
Re: Domestic Violence by clemcykul(f): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2011
i think i buy ur idea poster*** nice one grin
Re: Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
I wonder why this poster is taking credit for something he didn't write . . .
Re: Domestic Violence by Tgirl4real(f): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2011
Outstrip:

True talk!  sad

My advice to the women, if you know your husband is the beating type, then avaoid things that will trigger it. On the other hand, if he is outrightly insane (i.e beats for no just cause), then you should be thinking of a temporary seperation till he comes to his senses. You don't have to wait until someone comes to rescue you before you jump out.

Ujujoan:

grin grin grin
Re: Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
Ujujoan:

It seems he did write it. If you check out the site, he appears to be the owner. Even if he didn't write it, he at least included the site he got it from (which seems to be a site he created and his name's under the same blog, meaning it's his).

But I get you though, many people post things they didn't write and don't credit the source.
Re: Domestic Violence by largie(f): 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
I only wish women will be more careful before hooking up with half men

(1) (Reply)

5 Year-old Needs A Job Before Getting Married / Pls How Do U Feel When A Colleague Always Time U To Share Ur Meal But Goes Out / For Osogbo Residents Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.