Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence (7901 Views)

Man Cuts Off Own Penis In Akure, Says ‘monster’ Ordered Him / Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Graphic Photos: Man Bites Off Another Man's Lower Lip Over Woman In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by ObiOmaMu: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
11 months ago, Nonso Paul Nzedebe and wife Nwogo were happy in love, they had just gotten married. Fast forward to last Monday, November 16th, and the unthinkable happens - Nonso allegedly cut off part of his wife, Nwogo's ears with pliers during a fight in their home. The wickedness is pictured below.

Insiders says Nwogo had been enduring so much abuse from her husband within the months they were married. She had hoped things would change for the better but not until their baby boy, Emeka arrived. Not long after she was discharged, Paul allegedly locked her up, beat her, and stabbed her with a knife.

Nwogo this time around ran to the police who invited Paul for interrogation. He allegedly never showed up at the station but rather, dealt his loving wife, the woman he had taken to the altar and vowed to provide for and protect, this unbelievable horror.

A friend to the abused woman said:

Her husband's name is Nonso Paul Nzedebe. They got married in December 2014 and have a 3 months old baby. The girl carried the pregnancy for 9 months in agony and threats but we thought after delivery he will amend his ways The day the lady was discharged from hospital, after a Cs operation, he beat her, locked her up and used a knife to stab her. But she escaped and ran to Rubghe Police station to report. He was invited but refused to honor their invitation. He later assured them he will show up and was cautioned to maintain maximum peace till he shows up..Eventually, on the 16th of November, he cut her ear with pliers for reporting the abuse she was facing.[right][/right]

Here are photos from their court wedding, traditional and church wedding.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/11/see-wedding-photos-of-man-that-cut-off.html

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by ObiOmaMu: 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
lalasticlala

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by HungerBAD: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
A personal story.

A few years ago, my immediate younger sister called to inform me, she is about doing her introduction. So, i congratulated her and asked her who the guy was, what he does and where he is from, and she told me a certain part of the Country.

I bought my ticket for Nigeria that night.

A day to the introduction, i got to Nigeria. Everything went well and i requested to have a word with him, whenever he is chanced within the next few days, and some days later he called to inform me he was free to talk.

So, i told him i love my sister just the way he loves her, but a little stronger as she is my blood. I also told him, in the most respectable of ways that if anything happens to my sister, like an unexplained death/accident, disappearance and any kind of serious mishap, then as the older brother i am duty bound to follow him to the end of the World till i get answers, i basically let him know she has family.

This was a time a certain part of Nigeria, was notorious for using their wive's for ritual.

He got upset, and said i had insulted him. I apologised, but the message had been sent and my sister is still alive. I say this story, because yesterday. A picture was put here of a wife that got butchered, and cut up like a Hen, by people from a certain tribe who feel, once they pay a big hefty dowry, they automatically own your life.

Today, same people, different woman.

These woman that are being killed, maimed and battered have families and did not fall from heaven. They have brothers, sisters ,parents, uncles, aunts and many loved ones. In a typical Nigerian setting, all you will hear is that" LET MARRIED COUPLE HANDLE IT THEMSELVES", well that is good, but when the life of my sister is being threatened, i will rather have her back home, single and alive, than to be married and dead.

We all should treat women with some dignity and respect please.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by ObiOmaMu: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
church wedding

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
it is the wife's fault angry.
Yes I am a misogynist.
NB: This is the kind of shyte that happens when old retired runs girl marries a "small fine bobo"
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by ddshow(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
it is the wife's fault angry.
Yes I am a misogynist.

Apparently, you are another beast waiting for whom to devour.

9 Likes

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
ddshow:

Apparently, you are another beast waiting for whom to devour.
How am I a beast ?; when these children of perdition called women forget their place in the society and push a man to the wall, what do they expect, Harlequin-styled kisses ?.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
I'm not even going to ask what happened between them both to have brought this on.

What I'll say is this: I hope she'll take this latest form of abuse from him to pick up her son and run for dear life.

Or maybe the pray for him. Fast and endure crew will show up and encourage her to forgive and fight for her "marriage". After all, a dead Mrs with 11/2 ears is better than a single/separated/divorced woman.

Shikena.

cc: Mindfulness. Kanwuliajara. Cococandy. Burntpalace. Chillisauce.

6 Likes

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by whirlwind7(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
@ HungerBAD: Such violence isn't limited to people from a certain or any part of the country as you stated. Domestic violence has got no tribal coloration. Let's be objective.

For women who still feel that their man would change... that somehow, he would suddenly quit being a beast and stop using her as a punching bag, well, it usually doesn't turn out that way.
Men who beat up their wives usually never stop, until a fatality results. This one is lucky to escape with just a partly missing earlobe.
The sad thing is by January, this dude will tell her that his new year's resolution is to stop being violent with her. She would believe this and move back in with him. Pity.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
How am I a beast ?; when these children of perdition called women forget their place in the society and push a man to the wall, what do they expect, Harlequin-styled kisses ?.
Are u OK

7 Likes

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
whirlwind7:
@ HungerBAD: Such violence isn't limited to people from a certain or any part of the country as you stated. Domestic violence has got no tribal coloration. Let's be objective.

For women who still feel that their man would change... that somehow, he would suddenly quit being a beast and stop using her as a punching bag, well, it usually doesn't turn out that way.
Men who beat up their wives usually never stop, until a fatality results. This one is lucky to escape with just a partly missing earlobe.
The sad thing is by January, this dude will tell her that his new year's resolution is to stop being violent with her. She would believe this and move back in with him. Pity.

The thing with domestic violence is that it usually starts off with a slap. A single punch. Pointed finger jabbed at one's face when quarelling. Then it quickly escalates from then on. All the warning signs were there but she chose to remain steadfast, even though she admits in the story that her pregnancy was hell at his hands - as if that wasn't more than enough reason to flee from him.

Some people only learn the hard way. Let's hope this has been an eye-opener for her.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Valeree:
Are u OK
Are you on your period ?
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by 4tunebest(f): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
Where is the love?
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Pidggin(f): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is horrible, there is no excuse for this barbaric act
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Eketem: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
I don't get these kind of women. If she doesn't love herself enough to walk away from an abusive husband then no one else can help her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
Eketem:
I don't get these kind of women. If she doesn't love herself enough to walk away from an abusive husband then no one else can help her.

If she walks away, she would be tagged a "failure" of a woman who couldn't keep her home together. Your average Nigerian society is unforgiving and unsupportive of the plight of women who walk away from their husbands, despite their lives being at risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Eketem: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

If she walks away, she would be tagged a "failure" of a woman who couldn't keep her home together. Your average Nigerian society is unforgiving and unsupportive of the plight of women who walk away from their husbands, despite their lives being at risk.

Well the society is not the one with a chopped ear. Anyway let her stay for society, she may need the nose to be chopped off too so the look can be balanced.
I no get power abeg, women should stop hiding behind " My kids, The society"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Eketem:

Well the society is not the one with a chopped ear. Anyway let her stay for society, she may need the nose to be chopped off too so the look can be balanced.
I no get power abeg, women should stop hiding behind " My kids, The society"

Think about it.

She'll be ostracized from her local women's group / meetings. Her presence alone there would be the source of hot gossip and an example of what a good woman shouldn't be. Her married friends will suddenly be cagey towards her. Wouldn't want to have anything to do with her and certainly won't want her visiting their matrimonial home as her single status suddenly makes her a potential "husband snatcher".

Landlords won't want to rent their property to her as they'll see her as a trouble maker. Unscrupulous male bosses / co-workers will see her as fair game to chase. The list goes on...all because she didn't endure right through to the very end like a good wife.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
Damn the society, why must a woman endure all this just because of what the society will say.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Eketem: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Think about it.

She'll be ostracized from her local women's group / meetings. Her presence alone there would be the source of hot gossip and an example of what a good woman shouldn't be. Her married friends will suddenly be cagey towards her. Wouldn't want to have anything to do with her and certainly won't want her visiting their matrimonial home as her single status suddenly makes her a potential "husband snatcher".

Landlords won't want to rent their property to her as they'll see her as a trouble maker. Unscrupulous male bosses / co-workers will see her as fair game to chase. The list goes on...all because she didn't endure right through to the very end like a good wife.

I find this a little exaggerated.

She doesn't need these groups or " friends " if they would rather see her dead or in pain and misery. She didn't come into the world with groups or friends.

Landlords I doubt , I know loads of women single, divorced, single moms who rent apartments, that theory is outdated, most landlords just want you to pay up on time and not destroy their property.

Any woman even married women are fair game to men, it is up to you to say No if you are not interested. A woman isn't a helpless choiceless thingy

4 Likes

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
I'm not even going to ask what happened between them both to have brought this on.

What I'll say is this: I hope she'll take this latest form of abuse from him to pick up her son and run for dear life.

Or maybe the pray for him. Fast an endure crew will show up and encourage her to forgive and fight for her "marriage". After all, a dead Mrs with 11/2 ears is better than a single/separated/divorced woman.

Shikena.

cc: Mindfulness. Kanwuliajara. Cococandy. Burntpalace. Chillisauce.

This is extremely disgusting. cry
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mindfulness:

This is extremely disgusting. cry

Be objective.

She must have listened to "extremely disgusting" advice in the first place to get to this point. Think about it, she got pregnant shortly after marriage but the abuse started even before the pregnancy. So it most likely began well before they got married. The signs were there but she clutched on. Why she did is another topic of discussion. Point is, she knew what his tendencies were but was "hoping he'll change".

Is she a kid? At what point should common sense have kicked in? I'm sorry but I strongly believe she brought this on herself.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Eketem:

I find this a little exaggerated.

She doesn't need these groups or " friends " if they would rather see her dead or in pain and misery. She didn't come into the world with groups or friends.

Landlords I doubt , I know loads of women single, divorced, single moms who rent apartments, that theory is outdated, most landlords just want you to pay up on time and not destroy their property.

Any woman even married women are fair game to men, it is up to you to say No if you are not interested. A woman isn't a helpless choiceless thingy

Are you saying there's support out there for victims (females) of domestic abuse?

Did the police help her? Would her religious representative help her? You think her parents didn't know she was going through this and yet she remained rooted to the spot?

Pls let's be real and face the ugly truth. She had no support structure in place. She knew it. The man most definitely knew it too, hence him taking so much liberties with her.

1 Like

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Eketem: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Be objective.

She must have listened to "extremely disgusting" advice in the first place to get to this point. Think about it, she got pregnant shortly after marriage but the abuse started even before the pregnancy. So it most likely began well before they got married. The signs were there but she clutched on. Why she did is another topic of discussion. Point is, she knew what his tendencies were but was "hoping he'll change".

Is she a kid? At what point should common sense have kicked in? I'm sorry but I strongly believe she brought this on herself.

I totally agree with this, go on blogs and see women seeking for how to change their partners in bad relationships, if you tell them to leave they will say leaving is not easy they want to " change and cope". So I really find it hard to feel sorry for them when they end up in these situations.

EfemenaXY:

Are you saying there's support out there for victims (females) of domestic abuse?
Did the police help her? Would her religious representative help her? You think her parents didn't know she was going through this and yet she remained rooted to the spot?
Pls let's be real and face the ugly truth. She had no support structure in place. She knew it. The man most definitely knew it too, hence him taking so much liberties with her.

Am saying she should help herself she is an adult not a helpless baby
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Be objective.

I haven't read the story because I ran out of this thread when I saw the pictures. I don't want to see such pictures. They make me feel bad and I want to feel good.

There are many possible reasons why she would have married the guy despite the warning signs and possibly there is a combination of factors.
I can't blame her and I don't want to judge her because I have not been walking in her shoes. I am sure an independent and emotionally healthy lady wouldn't have brought it upon herself but since not everyone is psychologically sound, it is difficult for me to judge her based on the fact that I consider it sick. There are also plenty of ladies, especially in countries such as Nigeria, who marry because they are unable to take care of themselves and an abusive husband is the lesser of the two evils from their perspective.

1 Like

Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mindfulness:

I haven't read the story because I ran out of this thread when I saw the pictures. I don't want to see such pictures. They make me feel bad and I want to feel good.

There are many possible reasons why she would have married the guy despite the warning signs and possibly there is a combination of factors.
I can't blame her and I don't want to judge her because I have not been walking in her shoes. I am sure an independent and emotionally healthy lady wouldn't have brought it upon herself but since not everyone is psychologically sound, it is difficult for me to judge her based on the fact that I consider it sick. There are also plenty of ladies, especially in countries such as Nigeria, who marry because they are unable to take care of themselves and an abusive husband is the lesser of the two evils from their perspective.

Then at what point does common sense kick in? Seems like it isn't really that common afterall - especially when Nigerian women chose their partners, based on shaky foundations.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Then at what point does common sense kick in? Seems like it isn't really that common afterall - especially when Nigerian women chose their partners, based on shaky foundations.

We are more emotional than rational most of the time, even if we don't like to confess it. wink
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mindfulness:

We are more emotional than rational most of the time, even if we don't like to confess it. wink

True.

But the first step to overcoming that is admittance.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

True.

But the first step to overcoming that is admittance.

Instead of overcoming it, we should rather learn to make use of it to our advantage.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by EfemenaXY: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mindfulness:

Instead of overcoming it, we should rather learn to make use of it to our advantage.

What? Being emotional?

That's like acting the part of a sissy amongst men? Biko, I'll pass. I'm too self assured to dabble in that.
Re: Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What? Being emotional?

That's like acting the part of a sissy amongst men? Biko, I'll pass. I'm too self assured to dabble in that.

No, learning to understand our emotional guidance system. If something doesn't feel right, it isn't right.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Can You Spend For A Wedding In Nigeria? / My Experience With My Pervert Neighbour / My Niece Is Dating My Ex-boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.