Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban (16097 Views)

D'Tigress Captain, Sarah Ogoke, Gets First Job As A Medical Doctor / USA (W) Vs Nigeria (D'tigress) - Women. World Championship Quarterfinal Live / President Buhari Rewards D'Tigress With N1Million Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by alphaconde(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2022
like i want to help u

please dont help me

i must help u
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by guychidile: 2:48pm On May 20, 2022
For me,I will advice for the retreat of this ban ,after all this is what these guys and girls to fend for themselves, also export our country to the world.
Reverse the decision please

1 Like

Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by guychidile: 2:49pm On May 20, 2022
For me,I will advice for the retreat of this ban ,after all this is what these guys and girls to fend for themselves, also export our country to the world.
Reverse the decision please.

1 Like

Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 20, 2022
Terrorist govt. Destroying & damaging every aspect of progress

2 Likes

Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by dadavivo: 3:06pm On May 20, 2022
JovialJune:
[b][/b]

These are very valid reasons, why the hell are the players from U.S.A and other countries instead of our local Nigerian players? When will we start to appreciate and embrace our own instead of foreigners

Shut up your stupid mouth
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by JovialJune(f): 3:08pm On May 20, 2022
dadavivo:

Shut up your stupid mouth

Would you like to be banned undecided

2 Likes

Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by pharmagba: 3:48pm On May 20, 2022
Officialgarri:
Since they've refused to resolve their internal crisis, the government move is a good one.

However, we should know the 2 years ban is more a less the barking of a toothless dog. All the FG wants is that they resolve their crisis and after then, they would review the ban and it would be promptly lifted.

What a dumb comment!
Who should resolve the crisis?
The government or the atletes?

Please don't comment if you don't think
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by K4daniel: 3:52pm On May 20, 2022
Awwww this is making one sad how can the banning solve the problem...oh God please deliver my country from clueless people. Ahhhh I have never heard this before. This is the worst in the history of Nigeria.
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by toprealman: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Officialgarri:
Since they've refused to resolve their internal crisis, the government move is a good one.

However, we should know the 2 years ban is more a less the barking of a toothless dog. All the FG wants is that they resolve their crisis and after then, they would review the ban and it would be promptly lifted.
Don't support stuff like this, it will get to you somehow. There is something called stakeholders engagement I am sure thr government can do much better.
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by snoopz: 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
If not greediness ehn them suspend the basket ball in Nigeria and the factions never come together to solve the tussle issue
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by carbonado(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2022
naptu2:
Previous thread: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years

#DTigress @DtigressNG

https://twitter.com/DtigressNG/status/1527591003762335744
...Oga naptu2, whats your take on this, do you see FG reversing it, its just a big mess.
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by galaxy2020(m): 6:12pm On May 20, 2022
Don't mind the dully.... Because there's no quota system in this one, they are quick to ban international BB, why not ban local BB?
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by rickpat(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

our basketball community is dead in this country

Although Ilove Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo but
Iwant
Jason tatum, grant Williams and Marcus Williams to win

wasn't feeling the HEAT this morning could it be the cold state of BOSTON

Can't wait for Saturday
buhari has even suspended basketball for the next two years....the crisis in the Nigerian basketball federation is too much....two different factions with two president.....
ALL DRIVEN BY GREED

how are you candid?

happy weekend to ya...peace!
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by Wwwq: 7:29pm On May 20, 2022
Oh
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by 3agle17(m): 8:41pm On May 20, 2022
It Should Have Been NFF! Nigerian Football Federation and Government Involvement In The Choice of Selections for Competitions and Competitive Friendly Matches..
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by lanocfoods: 9:15pm On May 20, 2022
This is so unfair, those girls worked very hard to qualify even beating France that was a great feat, if anything they deserve to be at the world championship please.
Buhari is just a complete f**l
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by demio007: 4:56am On May 21, 2022
JovialJune:
[b][/b]

These are very valid reasons, why the hell are the players from U.S.A and other countries instead of our local Nigerian players? When will we start to appreciate and embrace our own instead of foreigners

Why do Nigerian Politicians send their children overseas to study and later bring them back for juicy employment?

The players from USA are Nigerians that trained overseas on BB, now they are here to represent their father's land. The problem I see here is because there is no quota system player in the team. Therefore the quota system administration barn the sport for two years so they can train a quota system player. This order is from Top to Bottom. If you don't get it, forget about.
Re: D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban by naptu2: 3:55pm On May 21, 2022
carbonado:
...Oga naptu2, whats your take on this, do you see FG reversing it, its just a big mess.

Like I stated in my previous post, it's all about muscle flexing.

There has been a dispute in the NBBF in the past 4 years. This dispute has negatively affected everything that has to do with basketball in Nigeria. Here are a few examples:

1) One faction will sign a sportswear sponsorship deal, while the other faction will say that the deal is illegal. Which outfit will our players wear at international competitions?

2) Each faction wants to run it's own league system and the result is that we don't have a league right now. The sponsors have fled because they don't want trouble and all that's happening now is that local players are organising their own "leagues" in order to keep fit. These leagues are not recognised by FIBA.

3) Can you imagine that there is an NBA Basketball Africa League and Nigeria is not represented? That is because what we now call a league is not recognised by anyone.

4) The government has tried to mediate, but the factions have threatened government with lawsuits and FIBA bans. The players have also threatened to stage protests at international events and some players say that they will no longer play for Nigeria.

So here is what it's all about - flexing muscles.

The factions threaten government with a FIBA ban and lawsuits, the players threaten that they will stage protests and not play, so the government has now issued its own threat, which is that it will ban international competitions for 2 years. How will the other parties react to government's threat? Will the factions finally listen to government when they realise that they will be out of office? Will the players listen to government? (In this letter, D'Tigress has indicated that they are ready to talk). That is what will determine if the ban will be reversed.

naptu2:

I think they want to use the Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan strategy.

In 2008 Nigerian football authorities presented an inflated budget to the government for the hosting of the 2009 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Nigeria. President Yar'Adua then suddenly decided that Nigeria would no longer host the tournament. This shocking decision forced the sports authorities to drastically reduce the budget. (Nigeria hosted a very good tournament)

In 2010, after a disastrous World Cup both on and off the field, President Goodluck Jonathan decided that Nigeria would not get involved in international football for two years. FIFA gave us a deadline to reverse that decision and the football authorities promised to shape up. President Jonathan changed his mind after receiving promises from the football authorities. (Nigeria went on to win the 2013 African Nations Cup).

The Basketball Federation has been embroiled in a crisis for almost 4 years. There are 2 presidents and 2 boards. All efforts by the Sports Ministry to resolve the crisis has failed. In fact, some people now accuse the Sports Ministry of being a party to the crisis. Well, the Federal Government has now announced that Nigeria will not take part in international basketball matches for the next two years and that an interim committee will be set up to manage the Nigerian Basketball Federation (NBBF).

My main concern is that our girls are scheduled to take part in the World Cup in Australia in a few months and nothing should jeopardise their chances of competing in the tournament. I am convinced that they will have a good outing and I don't want another Rashidi Yekini - South Africa '96 situation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments / Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.