Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? (5223 Views)

Poll: Which Do U Prefer?

Nigerian: 34% (19 votes)
American: 65% (36 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Do You Prefer Korean Seasonal Film Or American Seasonal / Download American movies on laptop / Nigerian Or American Lady:which Is More Brilliant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by player007(m): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2011
Personaly i realy don't like watching Nigerian films for so many reasons.
1 Most of the actors are fake
2 No good story line in most of the movies
3 No energy from most of the actors, some (not all) are wack and fake.
4 Most of the movies are predictable cuz by looking at the posters you will be able to figure out what happend or will happen in the movie
5 Just imagine someone actualy writeing or directing a movie from part 1 to part 5 with the same story line just to make money.
Even though i don't watch there movies again the only real actors i admire in the nigerian movie industry are Stella damascus and Richard mofe damijo.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by iice(f): 5:13am On Jul 15, 2011
American.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Pysam(m): 5:35am On Jul 15, 2011
I love epic movies weda America or 9ja
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Skmoda360(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
American all the way
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Skmoda360(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
American all the way
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by pek(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2011
Watch out for part two.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by deb(m): 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
Its big insult to be asking people to choose between excellence to the core and mediocrity to the extreme. And may I correct the poster that we have home videos and not movies in Nigeria?

As much as I hate nollyhood, I will want to commend a few like Jet Amata and Tunde Kelani. They are among the few ones trying to thread the path of excellence.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by ksam(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
I prefer bollywood to the both of them.no offence
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Shoolar(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
I hate watch nigerian movie since they turn every movie to part1&2, for instance part1 is one disc and d duration will be 55min, there wil be advert for like 15min frm beginning and at d end of d disc same 15min advert wil be there again. There is no advert in american movie.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2011
ksam:

I prefer bollywood to the both of them.no offence
minus the singing and dancing
deb:

Its big insult to be asking people to choose between excellence to the core and mediocrity to the extreme. And may I correct the poster that we have home videos and not movies in Nigeria?

As much as I hate nollyhood, I will want to commend a few like Jet Amata and[b] Tunde Kelan[/b]i. They are among the few ones trying to thread the path of excellence.
@ bolded is the only reason i watch some made in naija films

Pysam:

I love epic movies weda America or 9ja
couldn't have said it any better cool
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by MissyB3(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2011
Nigerian
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Bowie11(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2011
Its so glaring that Nigerian home video which I called glorified modern moonlight story is poles apart from American movie.
Do you want to compare:
1. Scripting
2. Directing of main film
3. Directing of secondary film - effects
4. Acting
5. The cameras
6. Audio equipments
7. Audio recording
8. Editing of picture
9. Editing and balancing of audio
10. Synchronization of picture and audio
11. Duration of recording, editing etc. None is a 2 weeks duration like Nigerians.
Watch: 24, Legend of the Seeker, Merlin, Kyle XY, 007 series, Mel Gibson, Spartacus etc. then you will know what I am talking about. I have over 350 America movies at home, apart from the ones I've watched in the theatre.
I watch quality film and not mediocre and glorified home video made in Nigeria. All said and done, the only ONE that have carved a nitch for itself and stands out in Nigeria is MAINFRAME PRODUCTION headed by Tunde Kelani (TK).ied home video made in Nigeria. All said and done, the only ONE that have carved a nitch for itself and stands out in Nigeria is MAINFRAME PRODUCTION headed by Tunde Kelani (TK).
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by executinal(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2011
player_007:

Personaly i realy don't like watching Nigerian films for so many reasons.
1 Most of the actors are fake
2 No good story line in most of the movies
3 No energy from most of the actors, some (not all) are wack and fake.
4 Most of the movies are predictable cuz by looking at the posters you will be able to figure out what happend or will happen in the movie
5 Just imagine someone actualy writeing or directing a movie from part 1 to part 5 with the same story line just to make money.
Even though i don't watch there movies again the only real actors i admire in the nigerian movie industry are Stella damascus and Richard mofe damijo.

From your options, why don't you include non of the above and others. Because i like Idian Movies. AMERICA full with so much tricks angry Nigeria movie full of winches and wizards / ogboni and co sad, But Indian movies is the best cheesy kiss kiss wink
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by denzel2009: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2011
It's obvious y'all haven't seen omo ghetto; Spielberg will jump at the script.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Kossy04: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2011
What i.d.i.o.t. would even think there're points of comparison? It's like comparing Barcelona FC to Man. Utd.--------------------ARE YOU BLIND!!!! CAN YOU NOT SEE?!!!!!!
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
I even prefer Ghanaian movies to Nollywood, that is how bad nollywood quality has become. We need to wake up!
Watch 'checkmate' or 'A sting in a tale' both Ghana movies and see if u can find a 9ja movie that even comes close
Even small Congo DRC there don pass us - there is new movie called 'Viva Riva' Congo producer, all made in Congo, it is the BOMB
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Gbenge77(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2011
American movies involving fighter-jets interest me a lot.American movies involving fighter-jets interest me a lot.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Phate07(m): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2011
WTF?

Okay, Enyimba and Barca, which one is better? angry
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by udezekene(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
Definitely american. Come to think of it can you imagine a Nigerian Transformer movie?
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by ijawgirl: 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2011
this thread is bullshit

I watch good/interesting movies
it can be nollywood or hollywood!
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2011
Any! As long as Chiwetalu Agu is in it.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2011
lol @ the replies
@ Bowie
All those you mentioned aren't even movies and I never knew Mel Gibson is a movie
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by obailala(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
This is just like asking, "speed boat and a car which is better"?  grin . .they are not in the same category as they serve different purposes,  na wa for comparison sef . . . and it's even on the front page
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Vindy: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2011
I need only indian moviess
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Bowie11(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2011
apocalypse:

lol @ the replies
@ Bowie
All those you mentioned aren't even movies and I never knew Mel Gibson is a movie
Professor, please I want you to lecture us on what makes a picture a MOVIE.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by MMM2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
None of them angry

But BF is ok 4 me tongue
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by lepasharon(f): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2011
hollywood movies are filled with illuminati messages
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by slimyem: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
deb:

As much as I hate nollyhood, I will want to commend a few like Jet Amata and Tunde Kelani. They are among the few ones trying to thread the path of excellence.
u beat me to this.Mainframe rocks!
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Larrylarex(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2011
I usually try to watch the best, if ur mindset is only a particular'wood', then u're missing a lot. Watch good Yoruba,English(ibo),Chinese,Indian,and even Ghanaian movies and you'll be satisfied with varieties cos not all Nigerian movies ar bad and not all american movies are good.
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by fredoooooo: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
grab your copy now, cheesy wink cheesy grin
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by Abbycite(m): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2011
Nigerian Film - No good storyline, directing (rubbish), casting (foul), sound and picture (zero), acting (manageable)
American Film - Perfect, perfect, perfect, all the way
Re: Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? by kheme(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
TO BE CONTINUED, WATCH OUT FOR PART 3

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. / Meet Danny Zara Who Set To Break Guinness World Record Longest $£x Marathon / Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.