Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others (502 Views)

We Have Offered Consular Assistance To Nnamdi Kanu - UK High Commissioner (Video / Nnamdi Kanu: UK To Provide Consular Assistance To IPOB Leader / Nigeria, 40 Other Countries Need External Food Assistance —FAO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by sapientia(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2022
United States Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, has said that the US government would provide an additional $215 million emergency food assistance in Nigeria, Algeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, among other countries.

He said the US has pledged more than $2.3 billion in food assistance since February to cushion the impact of the Ukrainian war on the benefitting countries.

A statement from the US Department of State on Wednesday disclosed that Blinken stated this before a meeting with the foreign affairs ministers of Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritania, South Africa, Zambia, and Senegal, at the United Nations headquarters in New York.

The invasion of Ukraine by Russia on February 24 led to global food and fertiliser shortage due to the inability of the two countries to export wheat, corn, cooking oil and fertilisers.

Russia had allegedly frozen the export of wheat from Ukraine.

The senior US official said, “First, we’re addressing the humanitarian needs caused by the war of aggression against Ukraine. Just since February, the United States has pledged more than $2.3 billion of food assistance. And pending final approval from our Congress, we’ll provide more than $5bn in additional aid, including more than $760m specifically for global food security.

“Plus, today we’re announcing an additional $215m for emergency food assistance in Algeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Kenya, among other countries.”

https://punchng.com/us-announces-215m-food-assistance-to-nigeria-algeria-others/
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by sapientia(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2022
I wish there is a way all Putards would be excluded from this

Including al the terrorist supporting Russia invasion (We know the people who are more likely to be extremist fanatical religious terrorist)

Only a slave will blame the person that will always try to rescue him so he can worship someone that don't care about him
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by chatinent: 9:12pm On May 20, 2022
My only annoyance is that Buhari is still in power.
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Xscape1993(m): 9:14pm On May 20, 2022
Why is Nigeria always begging? What else has this Buhari government not brought upon us? Bad leadership is belittling this country ooo.
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by rayvelez(m): 9:15pm On May 20, 2022
For Nigeria it will be looted completely.

1 Like

Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Kingpin1000: 9:19pm On May 20, 2022
sapientia:
I wish there is a way all Putards would be excluded from this

Including al the terrorist supporting Russia invasion (We know the people who are more likely to be extremist fanatical religious terrorist)

Only a slave will blame the person that will always try to rescue him so he can worship someone that don't care about him
Monkey, have you enjoyed any benefit from the US.
It is the govt that will embezzle it, even covid palliative they hid from the owners.
Make mumu no kill you

3 Likes

Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by sapientia(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Monkey, have you enjoyed any benefit from the US.
It is the govt that will embezzle it, even covid palliative they hid from the owners.
Make mumu no kill you

I said what I said

Better Buhari share it all with his cabal instead of a kobo getting to any of you putards

Direct or indirect benefit of the money by any Putards should be avoided by all means possible

Including stopping them from buying food grown with the fertilizer

Since poverty have brainwashed most of you, let it continue

Cos No human doing well in Nigeria can support Russia only broke frustrated touts
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Kingpin1000: 9:28pm On May 20, 2022
sapientia:

I said what I said

Better Buhari share it all with his cabal instead of a kobo getting to any of you putards

Direct or indirect benefit of the money by any Putards should be avoided by all means possible

Including stopping them from buying food grown with the fertilizer

Since poverty have brainwashed most of you, let it continue

Cos No human doing well in Nigeria can support Russia only broke frustrated touts
What have you benefited from America?

1 Like

Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by sapientia(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2022
Kingpin1000:

What have you benefited from America?

Nigeria security is highly dependent on their weapons

If any stronger country invade Nigeria today, USA will be the first to take to UN

Nigeria is heavily dependent on them for free grants

Most countries Nigerians do business with will collapse if USA sanction them affecting Nigerians

Nigerian politicians still maintain some form of decorum out of fear of what USA might do

USAID gave Nigeria $10.6 million March of this year

I will stop here

What have you benefited from Russia?
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Pauldollars(m): 9:36pm On May 20, 2022
Xscape1993:
Why is Nigeria always begging? What else has this Buhari government not brought upon us? Bad leadership is belittling this country ooo.

Northerners are used to begging.
President Buhari brought that begging mentality to the governance of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by godofuck231: 11:00pm On May 20, 2022
After the free lunch what comes next , security vote and the United nations ?
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Kaiser20: 12:39am On May 21, 2022
USA please keep your money,use it to feed your citizens.
In Nigeria the Accountant general of the federation stole #80 Billion, NDDC. MD stole another # 47 Billion we don't even care as if anything changes.
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Nobody: 1:02am On May 21, 2022
Most of it will be embezzled by the government and some would end up in the mouths of unproductive almanjiris who add no value to the country, food only gives the vermins energy to keep breeding like rats going everywhere and constituting a public threat.....food should only be meant for those willing to evolve, feed a fool and he grows complacent, lazy and unambitious....starve him and watch evolution play out.
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by laiperi: 1:11am On May 21, 2022
What an insult. One penny never leaves America. They just create market to their farmers and get something useful from Africa in return, like rights to uranium, bauxite, gold etc.

But wait o! Why are countries frozen part of the year feeding the most arable land in Africa?

Na who go cure our Mumu?
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by Kingpin1000: 6:18am On May 21, 2022
sapientia:

Nigeria security is highly dependent on their weapons

If any stronger country invade Nigeria today, USA will be the first to take to UN

Nigeria is heavily dependent on them for free grants

Most countries Nigerians do business with will collapse if USA sanction them affecting Nigerians

Nigerian politicians still maintain some form of decorum out of fear of what USA might do

USAID gave Nigeria $10.6 million March of this year

I will stop here

What have you benefited from Russia?

You go school at all.
Even if you go school, you be olodo.
I asked a question, you are talking about Nigeria.
Did I ask what Nigeria benefited.
What nonsense decorum does Nigerian politicians have because of USA?
Who is Nigerian biggest business partner?
Who is Nigeria running to for loans?
Today na saturday go and play with sand like your age mates.
You are just a man with the brain of a 6 year old.
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by sapientia(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2022
Kingpin1000:

You go school at all.
Even if you go school, you be olodo.
I asked a question, you are talking about Nigeria.
Did I ask what Nigeria benefited.
What nonsense decorum does Nigerian politicians have because of USA?
Who is Nigerian biggest business partner?
Who is Nigeria running to for loans?
Today na saturday go and play with sand like your age mates.
You are just a man with the brain of a 6 year old.

So USA should do something personally for me to accept i benefit from them

Putards are always daft

Tueh
Re: US Announces $215m Food Assistance To Nigeria, Algeria, Others by NwaNimo1(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2022
Is it to be used for vote buying come 2023?

(1) (Reply)

When Buhari Said 5%ters Some Illiterate Southerners Miss Interpret It / Should Apc Postpone Their Primary Election? / Return Our G-wagon, Bayo Adelabu Group Tells Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.