Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general (10089 Views)

Statistician-General of the Federation, Simon Harry Is Dead / Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster / Buhari appoints Adeniran as Surveyor-General of the Federation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by backnbeta(f): 9:01am On May 21, 2022
Sardauna24:
even if he appoints Igbo or Yoruba it doesn't matter all of them are united there in Abuja when it comes to looting the National treasury.but you are here suffering from hunger and Poverty but yet you are celebrating the thiefs by taking side the so called Igbos or Yorubas claiming to be your brother's what have they done to you? as in which help did they offer to you? Be deceiving your self with empty stomach about Tribal differences......
The key to holding a logical argument or debate is to allow oneself to understand the other person’s argument no matter how divergent their views may seem. Fire on if it makes you happy...not in the mood for uncouth jackasses undecided
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by EagleSquare1(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2022
Congratulations, Sir!
Well deserved appointment. All the best for the Bureau. Reliable statistics will continue to flow

Warlord12:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/buhari-appoints-adeniran-as-new-statistician-general/
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by BetterHeadline: 9:11am On May 21, 2022
zionzoe:

Must the Religion b3 !slam.

The m/fker is same religious bigot.

Don't be deceived by yoruba... Semiu is headslaming .

So Christians a KAFFIR and don't deserve to live or have any position?...

Ogun go kill Bubu

The religious nepotism of that guy knows no bounds. So far all his Yoruba appointee are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Difrent: 9:18am On May 21, 2022
olas24u:

They are not accurate figures please.

Says who?
You dont have to believe them.
That doesnt make them inaccurate

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Panda7(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2022
more money to loot. power to the government.
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by stanisbaratheon: 9:40am On May 21, 2022
Obamaofusa:

You cannot blame them.
Yorubas are the most educated Nigerians followed by Hausa people now.Hausa have more professors than Igbos now.

The recent 2017 NUC stats confirmed this.
Hausas are not dulling at all..

Why do you people like making evil and divisive comparisons??
Is Igbo mentioned in the thread??
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by micflo28(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2022
While accountant general of the federation is for Stealing Fulani. Buhari do and go ooo
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by ayenale1(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2022
New forge master of Nigeria welcome on board...Una go fear the kind stats this guy go carry come out soon...
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by EagleSquare1(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2022
You are correct! The late Statistician General was also an insider who had about 30 years experience before his appointment as SG from position of Director. Same with the newly appointed SG who is also an insider with 30 years experience. These are staff who were with the agency when it was in Lagos and then known as the Federal Office of Statistics (FOS). Under the new name, the National Bureau of Statistics, and under the leadership of then SG Dr. Yemi Kale, the Agency grew to be a renowned agency with global recognition and best practices. The statistics churned out by NBS are quoted worldwide because they are valid, reliable and timely.

Okoroawusa:
Congratulations sir. I am glad that the president picked a replacement from inside the organization. People that have been there for years.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by EagleSquare1(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2022
FYI the newly appointed SG is the most senior director of the Agency who has paid his dues, regardless of his tribe or religion!

BetterHeadline:

The religious nepotism of that guy knows no bounds. So far all his Yoruba appointee are Muslims.
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Yankee101: 12:21pm On May 21, 2022
Brain work with no money....southerners
Money making parastatal.....northerners
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by olas24u(f): 12:47pm On May 21, 2022
Difrent:

Says who?
You dont have to believe them.
That doesnt make them inaccurate

We are not fools
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by victorDanladi: 12:58pm On May 21, 2022
Difrent:

That was years back.
Not anymore now. Data from NBS now has a lot of integrity because they now gather data in collaboration with world bank .
Even international bodies quote their figures extensively.

Except maybe you want them to only publish what you want and not the real statistics
They actually want hi to release something like..."Igbo owns 90 percent of Lagos while Tinubu owns 80percent at the same time.You will see them applauding them...grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Difrent: 2:17pm On May 21, 2022
olas24u:

We are not fools

Of course we are not fools to believe them when they bring out damning statistics like unemployment increasing... rising inflation or how insecurity has affected food production so also we will not be fools whenever they publish positive data
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Miracle2020: 2:58pm On May 21, 2022
gambia:
He reserves the juicy positions for his kinsmen and dish out less attractive and more demanding roles to the southerners.
what exactly do you want
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Obamaofusa: 3:13pm On May 21, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

Why do you people like making evil and divisive comparisons??
Is Igbo mentioned in the thread??

I am sorry.It was just that I was surprised when I saw the stats.
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by stanisbaratheon: 3:26pm On May 21, 2022
Obamaofusa:

I am sorry.It was just that I was surprised when I saw the stats.

It's okay. Let's try and live as one people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 21, 2022
gambia:
He reserves the juicy positions for his kinsmen and dish out less attractive and more demanding roles to the southerners.

That has always been the Northern system from Military era till date. The more demanding and heavily brain tasking jobs are given to South while juicy, easy money and resources control positions are reserved for the Northern Hausa / Fulani. The Middle belt under Northern brotherhood also benefitted during the Military era.

In crisis period and at inception where deep thinking and analysis are required, you will never find them, immediately results start to come and the organization becomes cash cow, they will remember a northerner is yet to occupy that seat. It happens at NCC, NITDA and even FIRS in 2015. I can name about 30 of such organizations.
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by COMPAQ(m): 4:12am On May 22, 2022
NotKnown:
Once it's a position that requires serious cracking of brain and very little cash flow in the sector, they give it out to non Muslim fulani.

But once it's a sector that permits serious cash flow, it's reserved for them alone.

Almost a year to go that's all I can say.

The litmus test will be the next AGF

Exactly!!
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Sardauna24(m): 6:51am On May 22, 2022
backnbeta:

The key to holding a logical argument or debate is to allow oneself to understand the other person’s argument no matter how divergent their views may seem. Fire on if it makes you happy...not in the mood for uncouth jackasses undecided
Na you Sabi..I have shine your eyes about these Politicians you're killing your selfs for them all their children are there in either US,UK or DUBAI enjoying themselves while you're here struggling with Garri etc...is left for you to digest what I told you i.e my initial write up.....
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by backnbeta(f): 9:27am On May 22, 2022
Sardauna24:
Na you Sabi..I have shine your eyes about these Politicians you're killing your selfs for them all their children are there in either US,UK or DUBAI enjoying themselves while you're here struggling with Garri etc...is left for you to digest what I told you i.e my initial write up.....
Firstly, I don't support any polithiefcian...I'm just one to analyze and make inferences...I'm a researcher and an academic, the society is my tool of analysis! Secondly, by virtue of my profession I'm not stuck in Nigeria like you, neither are my children! At the risk if sounding boastful, I'm not poverty stricken and baring all odds, I can't be, as God liveth. Nevertheless, extreme poverty anywhere is a threat to human security everywhere. Therefore, I will always contribute my quota to the running of the country whether directly or indirectly untill we get a better government
Re: Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general by Sardauna24(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2022
backnbeta:

Firstly, I don't support any polithiefcian...I'm just one to analyze and make inferences...I'm a researcher and an academic, the society is my tool of analysis! Secondly, by virtue of my profession I'm not stuck in Nigeria like you, neither are my children! At the risk if sounding boastful, I'm not poverty stricken and baring all odds, I can't be, as God liveth. Nevertheless, extreme poverty anywhere is a threat to human security everywhere. Therefore, I will always contribute my quota to the running of the country whether directly or indirectly untill we get a better government
Sure I stand with you...as you know we all have different perspective when it comes to views and analysing things related to our society...in conclusion I pray for a better government in Nigeria and Africa at large....But show love for your boy Na..

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally In Gummi, Anka LGs, Zamfara State (Pictures) / FAAC Distributes ₦‎2.07 Trillion For February, 2024 / PAP: Bank Accepts Responsibility For Delay In Beneficiaries’ Stipends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.