Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:14 AM

Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster (72936 Views)

I Will Fulfil All My Campaign Promises – Tinubu / My Campaign Won’t Slur People, Atiku Tells Supporters / Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Aminat508(f): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2020

BY: EMMANUEL SOLOMON, Osogbo

The chairmanship aspirant for the forthcoming Local Government Election in Osun State, Comrade Akeeb Semiu has explained why he decided to appear in Yoruba traditional armour in his campaign poster.

Semiu, who is aspiring to chair Iwo West Local Government Area under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, stirred controversy when his ‘strange’ campaign poster was shared on the social media.

The fetish armour he wore attracted mixed feelings and reactions among Nigerians, especially social media users.

The chairmanship aspirant cleared the air on his choice of attire for his campaign while being interviewed on Amiloaded TV recently.

Comrade Semiu said he wore the traditional armour to show his supporters and the people of his local government the religion he belongs.

According to him, he would want the people that would vote him as their chairman to know that he is a traditional worshipper.

He said, “I have been practising my family tradition and the picture I used, I used it willingly not and by mistake. In this world, if you check all the heroes in our dear Yoruba land, their attitudes, the way they dressed, it is according to their own belief.

” In my family, we worship Ifa, and if you are worshipping Ifa, all traditions are under him. If Christian want to dress, they dress in their own beliefs likewise Muslims.

“My belief is that, all the people that are seeking for a post like this and a post beyond this which they are promising during their campaign, that they came to serve the people, when they get there, they do not do what they promised.

“When they want to perform oath on them after they have been elected, they used Christian or Muslim beliefs for them but to me and honourables under me, if we are elected, we are going to be sworn into office in the tradition religion way for the people to know that we are for them and not to embezzle the treasury.

He noted that administering an oath on public office holders according to traditional religion rite would prevent politicians from being corrupt. According to him, the consequences are immediate than the Christian and Muslim pattern of oath.

He sought for the support of Iwo citizens to clinch the chairmanship position promising that he would transport the council area with lofty plans that he has.

To him, the people would ask him to contest for a second term after seeing what he would have achieved in his first tenure.

Watch the Video Below…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4StwjT3PRUo

Source: https://amiloaded.com/2020/07/why-i-wore-traditional-fetish-armour-in-my-campaign-poster-osun-apc-chairmanship-aspirant.html

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Brandstudio01: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
I don't blame them. I blame it on the state of the nation. In Nigeria everything is a leader

Please jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

7 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
I sincerely don't know what to say.
But I don't think he's mentally fit to be a LGA chairman. They can give him a Councillorship position if he will not do strong head.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by illicit(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nothing wrong here except maybe indecent exposure

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by frankyychiji(f): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
I will vote him if I could.

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by HappyNigerian: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Tinubu is a boy to Ngige

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Maxymilliano(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
Is he bleaching or something ?

59 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Hollysaint: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
He appears to be an honest person.Most politicians patronise native doctors,use charms but the still pretend to be Christian's and Muslims.

307 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Ikeast(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
Oga you av win..i'm sure nobody would like to contest with IFA(gods)

40 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Racoon(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
I really like his honesty.Iwo LGA electorate over to you people.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by olisaEze(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
Maxymilliano:

....or something undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by PlsBanMe: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
Well, even the present speaker of the state house of assembly was once caught bathing in the market.

So what?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by zealousayo(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
I saw him few days ago. He is a theatre practitioner. People used to call him Alfa Semiu then(years ago) 'cause he used to teach kids Arabic and other Islamic stuff( Ile keu). He just suddenly changed and started doing drama around. I never knew he has finally left his old religion. All the best to him, but Iwo people do not like anything like this.

10 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
When I first saw the campaign poster, I thought it was just from one comedy skit grin

He looks scary to go against.
I think he used that to put some fear into his opponents cool

1 Like

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by neutrotoba(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
Amour Tekun

18 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Xisnin(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:
Nothing wrong here except maybe indecent exposure
Nothing indecent about his attire.

8 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Xisnin(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
EastGold:
But I don't think [b]he's mentally fit [/b]to be a LGA chairman. They can give him a Councillorship position if he will not do strong head.
Are you his psychiatrist?

7 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by babag93: 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
What is the meaning of FETISH?!?!
The Nigerian society before the advent of Christianity and Islam wasn’t perfect but far better than what is obtainable today.
It is not fetish but AFRICAN TRADITIONAL WORSHIP.
Who Christianity and Islam epp?
Our society is akin to the worse place on the planet.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by babag93: 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
The reason China and India are making progress is that they didn’t neglect their own practices for the American and European availables.
Today,
China is threatening the whole of Europe and giving the USA sleepless nights in the world economy.
India is your one stop to all your medical needs.

Last.. Last.. who is deceiving who?
Neocolonialism is real; we are slaves again!!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by victorazyvictor(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Yoruba man? Is like asking if goat dey eat yam grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by LegendHero(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
” In my family, we worship Ifa, and if you are worshipping Ifa, all traditions are under him. If Christian want to dress, they dress in their own beliefs likewise Muslims.“

Exactly my Chairman. You are free to practice and dress in the way of your religion devoid of any discrimination. I wish you best of luck.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by rowland545(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
The only honest politician I've ever seen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Andrew13: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
The guy looks hungry.
I like that he is honest tho

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Farki: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
If he wore rosary or carried Quran nobody would care, sha do your work well.

7 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Dangrace01: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Naso

2 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
EastGold:
But I don't think he's mentally fit to be a LGA chairman. They can give him a Councillorship position if he will not do strong head.
He is mentally fit. He is not like those hypocrites who will deny their culture and tradition and claim they uphold the tenets of the Bible and Quoran but will later steal

33 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Farki: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
rowland545:
The only honest politician I've ever seen

Haba Zulum is still alive grin

2 Likes

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by AsawanaDgreat: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
They are all fetish before, this man's own is not new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster by Kobicove(m): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
The same way Fayemi of Ekiti State wore bullet proof vest under Agbara during the run up to the last elections in his state grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Appeal-Court Sacks Ikpeazu, Declares Otti Winner / How Nigerian Army Chief Spent Night In Former Boko Haram Enclave (PHOTOS) / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra Security Service 'BSS' (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.