Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Food For The MINDSET - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Food For The MINDSET (282 Views)

Your Mindset Is Keeping You Broke Not The Government!! Broke? Then Read This!! / The Mindset Of Every Average Nigerian / This Could Happen To Anyone With The Right Mindset. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For The MINDSET by Assurance50(f): 12:55am On May 21, 2022
HOW A PLATE OF RICE Can TEACH YOU HOW TO FOCUS IN LIFE...

I first learnt the power of focus from my mum.

And she did it with just a plate of rice.

You see, I like food a lot but what I like more is meat. So, as a child,

I would go for the meat on top of my food first and then either forget the food or just end up eating very little...

But you see, my mum has this really "weird" belief that eating your meat before eating your food is a bad habit.

So she started watching out for my "bad meat habit".

She would drop the food and then smack my face whenever I go for the meat first.

"Finish your food first". She would growl. "In fact, don't touch that meat until you finish that food".

I tried getting my way with crying and tantrums and it didn't work.

So I got the message and just calmed down to unlearn my favorite bad habit...

So I would eat and eat (with tears running down my face), and force myself to finish the food because if I didn't then no meat for me.

Till today I don't go for the meat in the food till I'm done eating. And when I see people who eat meat first before they start eating, I get disgusted.

So why am I telling you this story? First, because I wanted to tell you the secret of why I grew up to become such a cute young man

- I always finished my food as a child.

*big smile*

And secondly, It's also because I want to show you the power of a meat in your life (pun intended).

You can't focus without a goal (meat). A specific goal.

A Lot of people start up a project or make new year resolutions and then either change it or dump it entirely before they finish.

The reason we do this is is because we don't have a specific goal that fits into the plan for that project.

When you focus on a specific goal, focusing on the task at hand becomes easier...

So...you want to be more hard-working in your office? To focus on been more hard-working in your office then you need to get a goal that will push you on - like say; winning best employee of the year by December.

You want to stop smoking, have a goal that will keep you focused.

Like say, I want to quit smoking by the end of the year so my spouse will kiss me more without hesitating at the thought of my breath (or whatever else that you would like)

Or...I need to put more work into my business so I will save 24 million geez.

That will focused on your work because you have a target.

When goals are specific, focus is easier.

When your goals are not specific, it's harder to be focused....

Well, happy focusing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Middleman (a New Lucrative Profession)find Honest And Reliable Partners / We Are Showing People How To Travel Or Study In Canada / Looking For 2 Corps Member To Do PPA, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.