Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year (15293 Views)

Phil Foden And Pregnant Rebecca Cooke To Welcome Their Second Child / Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record / 2019 CAF Awards: Osimhen & Chukwueze Lose Young Player Award To Achraf Hakimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by obembet(f): 10:35am On May 21, 2022
Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden has been named the Premier League's Young Player of the Season for the second year running.

Foden, who won the award in 2020/21, has already matched his return of the previous campaign, registering nine goals and five assists while growing in importance for the team under manager Pep Guardiola.

Still only 21, Foden missed the opening month of the campaign with a foot injury but he returned to underline his huge potential to beat off competition from Chelsea's Mason Mount and West Ham's Declan Rice.

Guardiola spoke earlier this month about how there was no reason why his playmaker couldn't continue improving in the coming years.

"For Phil, responsibility is not a problem. Since day one going to bigger stages, bigger scenarios and important games, it's not a problem (for him). He loves to play.

"He can play in all five positions up front: winger on both sides, striker through the middle and in the pockets like an attacking midfielder.

"I think in time he will be more capable to play in positions in the middle, he still has all the actions, the high speed, so maybe now the wide positions suit him better.

"In the Academy when I started to see him at 16/17-years-old when I arrived here, he played in a position like Kevin De Bruyne and wow, he played really good but all the actions are so, so quick.

"You remember David Silva, sometimes he slowed the rhythm to increase the rhythm, (but Phil's) rhythm is always high.

"It's good as he is so aggressive and we need it but sometimes he needs a little bit, but that is a question of time. He can do it no problem, it's just a question of time."

Source: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1527937248762728451?t=7wyw9wvH1hA7JA0uqPZ5Aw&s=19

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by paulolee(m): 11:15am On May 21, 2022
congrats bro, a big thanks to pep for creating a genius in this lad because he keep improving each season n some still insist dt pep is overrated
I also see kelvin de bruyne winning the EPL player of the year ahead of sallah if city clinch the title tomorrow evening..
but wait o...
I saw a post online were united Ferdinand was complaining dt cr7
deserves a nomination for PFA player of d year and I cnt stop laughing...
said "cr7 deserve more respect for scoring 17 league goals at 37yrs old which is not dt easy and cr7 deserves a nomination even if he doesn't win it..
that words really funny me.. so bcoz a 37 yr old scored 17
goals means he must get a nomination??
him no even reason say na dt same united finished 2nd for league without cr7 but now in conference with cr7..
i jus dnt know why some people just feel that cr7 must be kept happy at all times..
this life eeh, if pikin bad, e means say e bad, no need to side am...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Ahmback(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2022
Proudly CITYZEN!!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Burruchaga71(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2022
Well deserved

11 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Ballzproblemm: 6:01pm On May 21, 2022
overrated

2 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by slawormiir: 6:02pm On May 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Overrated dumb fucckkk player

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Juanmike(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
When Rashford is there.
Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by fourboys: 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
Ahead of TAA how come?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by zenithal: 6:04pm On May 21, 2022
Consolation for failing to win the league and champions league. Liverpool is going to win both.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by saintkel(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2022
And Mount?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Vinnie2000(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2022
This boy, Phil Foden is truly a sensational player. But i see painful tears and anguish@the Etihad tomorrow. I also see wailings and despair@Carrow road. Supporters of Shitty and Spursy, pls take heart in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by omofunaab(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2022
It should have been Saka.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by ceematics: 6:05pm On May 21, 2022
It's Saka for me Sha the guy stunned me this season

6 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by DesChyko: 6:06pm On May 21, 2022
Congratulations Foden.
The uprising that follows these awards in recent times though.

Even under Young Player of The Year, one person still type long note on top CR7. This obsession don turn to disease.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Parrie(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2022
The only reason he won the award over Saka, is because he plays champion league football. Saka was more deserving tho!

11 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by vincentjk(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Seyiemath(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
Congrats to him
Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2022
Story. England a very bias country, Phil is a good player no doubt but the likes of TAA, Mason M, even Saka of arsenal stats surpasses what he Phil accomplished this season

18 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by vincentjk(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2022
Pep's favourite. Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by playapayaski: 6:08pm On May 21, 2022
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by fredoooooo: 6:08pm On May 21, 2022
Well deserved, let him sign the mega contract.. qhat a player he's become

1 Like

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Ikmontana1: 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
paulolee:
congrats bro, a big thanks to pep for creating a genius in this lad because he keep improving each season n some still insist dt pep is overrated
I also see kelvin de bruyne winning the EPL player of the year ahead of sallah if city clinch the title tomorrow evening..
but wait o...
I saw a post online were united Ferdinand was complaining dt cr7
deserves a nomination for PFA player of d year and I cnt stop laughing...
said "cr7 deserve more respect for scoring 17 league goals at 37yrs old which is not dt easy and cr7 deserves a nomination even if he doesn't win it..
that words really funny me.. so bcoz a 37 yr old scored 17
goals means he must get a nomination??
him no even reason say na dt same united finished 2nd for league without cr7 but now in conference with cr7..
i jus dnt know why some people just feel that cr7 must be kept happy at all times..
this life eeh, if pikin bad, e means say e bad, no need to side am...
wat ferdinand said was right, cr7 deserved to be nominated over at least 2 players in dat list, not about age.

11 Likes

Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Boyooosa(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
Very well
Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Richy4(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
I heard Reheem Sterling is downgrading to Arsenal next season lipsrsealed.. how authentic is the information please..
Re: Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year by Zxcvbnm98: 6:12pm On May 21, 2022
Ahead of Mason Mount, TAA, and (maybe) Saka? Nahhhh

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi Listed On ESPN FC Most Influential Person In Sport 2013 / Ifeanyi Ubah Gingers U-23 National Team With N2 Million / Samuel Eto'o Ends His 22-Year Football Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.