Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. (3524 Views)

Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by OBAOMO01: 10:49am On May 21, 2022
My name is Eludire Isaac and this is a true life story of how I escaped death in Jigawa. I was kidnapped, attempted to be strangled, lost #960,000 all to someone I called a business partner and how Nigeria's justice system failed me...
This true life story happened in Sabon Gari yaya of Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa, between me, Alhajiji Usman, Hussein ALHassan and Abubakar Zangina (Manager NUSHE FILLING STATION, SABON GARI YAYA)
Please read till the end as I will try to make this engaging and worth reading and I will need your help to seek justice. I'm not falling into depression yet thank God for the few amazing friends around me, before I cross the thin line between sanity and depression I need to come out and let this out.

So, 11th July, 2021 I made a business travel to Jigawa of course after weeks of discussion and deliberations with my so called business partner in Jigawa state, Taura Local Government to be precised and Sabon Gari yaya town in this local government is where Usman Alhajiji stays who happens to be my business partner.
I have been in business with him for about 4 months and we have shared so much together as regards Agric business and he knows how well I'm involved in it. Have been in Agricultural business since 2019 and have done several deliveries to companies across the country, raging from Corn, Soyabeans, Paddy Rice and even Cashew. I have a registered company under Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and function as a company with team members.
Around June 2021, I needed Paddy rice and I was told I can get it in Jigawa at a very good price so I remembered that Usman is from Jigawa so I called him up. He attested to the fact that it's surplus in Jigawa and also told me I can get it at his village, so I set out for Jigawa on 11th of July and I got to Gunjugun to lodge before I was told that Gumel will be a better place for me to see a good hotel. I called Usman and notified him of my arrival in Jigawa and planned to meet the second day, which is Monday.
I met Usman on Monday, he took me to his house, I met his wife, kids and relatives and also met his brother who is Abubakar Zangina who is the manager of NUSHE FILLING STATION in the town. Usman called on the farmers who has Rice and we went to check it. I intended to buy 50 bags for a start and the farmers made the paddy rice available. Some brought 10 bags, some 5 and some 20... The rice were stored at Usman's house and it took us 5 days before we gathered the rice and ready for delivery.
Zangina Abubakar who happens to be Usman's brother and manager of the filling station was the person I transferred the money to and he was the one giving us cash to pay the farmers. Usman categorically told me that Zangina is his brother and business partner that if I don't see him, I can see his brother in fact on some days Usman uses his brother's car to convey me back to my hotel at Gumel. I was supposed to make the paddy rice delivery to Kano but my contact in Kano was not reachable so Usman offered to make the delivery to a company in Hadejia which happens to be a company his uncle (who he said is a member of Jigawa State House Of Assembly) uses in delivering paddy rice (this uncle is also into cow and goat business). He called the uncle and he linked us up to the closest person (Alhaji Abubakar) in the town that can help us with the delivery because he (the uncle) was not in town. The Alhaji Abubakar also happens to be a politician and also a contractor.
Alhaji Abubakar was going to make a 50 bags delivery also, so we joined the goods together to make it 100 bags. The goods were not delivered until 19th July when I got the weighbridge certificate of the goods weight so that I can calculate my money since it will be a 50/50 division. I dropped my measuring scale in Usman house hoping to either come back or send someone to come back and help me purchase more since the business was profitable by my calculations. I left Jigawa on 20th July which was a festive holiday for the Muslims and I went back to my base hoping to get paid before the week runs out or early the following week as public holidays on Tuesday to Thursday could delay the payment. However, I kept in touch with Usman to confirm the status of my money which is about 1 Million naira.
That week went by, no positive update and the following week was running out and no update so I decided to travel back and confirm things myself. One of the excuses he gave for the delay was that Alhaji Abubakar is making new delivery and the man is waiting for the goods to reach about 600 bags so that they can pay him the money together and not just 100 bags. I was obviously not buying that excuse any longer so I told him I was coming back.
On the 31st July, I was in Kano where he says we can go and meet the Alhaji Abubakar so that I can collect my money or tell the Alhaji to pay me off and wait for the company to settle him later since he was the one who has direct access to the company and we already know how much my own money is by the weighbridge certificate. So, I can be paid and he (the Alhaji) can wait on the company. That was the plan and reason I needed to see the man and Usman promised to set that up.
Getting to Kano, I called one of my partners to intimate him about the development and for him to follow me to see the Alhaji. I could not see Usman until 1st August because I entered Kano late on 31st. Usman entered Kano around 9pm and met me with the other partner of mine in Kano and he drove us to one house where he claimed the man lives. We got there and we were told that the "acclaimed" man was not around and that he slept in Jigawa that day.
So, Usman decided to head back to Jigawa that night and I stayed in Kano with the arrangement that the man will be in Sabon Gari Yaya the following day which is 2nd August, Kano is about 1hour drive from Sabon Gari Yaya if you board car from Yankaba park. That night Usman drove back to Jigawa I was even scared for him because it's late at night and I had to call him around 12midnight to confirm if he got to Sabon Gari yaya safely which he told me yes.

2nd August, I traveled from Kano to Sabon Gari Yaya, of course with no fears but only focused on retrieving my money because it's now up to 2weeks, so I needed to see the so-called Alhaji Abubakar and collect my money. I got to Usman's house, met his son, wife and relatives and we exchange pleasantries. Now, a recall: before I traveled back to claim the money I instructed Usman to send me the Alhaji's number and he sent me a number that was not going through and the excuse he gave for that was that the man (Alhaji Abubakar) is a politician and might switch off his phone because of bla bla bla.
So, on that 2nd August, he went about looking for the man's number that is going through before he told me towards the afternoon that he was able to speak with the Alhaji's manager (the Alhaji also has a filling station in Ringim, a town just before Taura LGA) and the manager told him that Alhaji Abubakar will be in town by evening so I had to wait till evening (apparently that's not the first time I'm staying that late in their town and not the first time I'm dealing with Usman at night, infact there was a time myself and the Usman were together for up to 3days on the road travelling together). Around 8pm, we set out to see Alhaji and Usman actually got a car and drove us. Just to note, that was not the first time he would get a car to drive me around so that we can spend less on transportation, (something to note was that he collected a perfume from one of his kindred that night which he told me he purchased long time ago but just collected it that night). During my first weeks(July) in Jigawa, he got a car to drive me to Gumel where I lodge because most times sourcing for the paddy rice could make me stay in Sabon Gari Yaya till night. So, he usually drives me to Gumel even late at night.
On getting to where we were supposed to meet the man, we were told he left already. I was so angry, devastated and felt like blaming the Usman all for what happened, I cringed but I kept all these anger to myself because I don't want to discourage him to help me get the Alhaji so the idea was to get the person that can get us the Alhaji's number.
Around 9pm I called a friend to explain all that was happening to him. Around 10:30pm, my friend in Kano called me to confirm if I'm still coming to Kano that night and I told him yes, obviously because I know the town to Kano is about an hour and also Usman promised to drive me back to Kano no matter how late it will be and also I know if I can get the Alhaji's number that is connecting or if I can see the Alhaji that night, all my worries will be gone. So, I kept on pestering Usman to speed up the process of either seeing the man or getting his contact that is connecting. Around 11pm, he called someone and that person described who can get us the number so we set out to meet the person. The road that leads to this person's house was a bit messed up and I told Usman that we should go back and come back tomorrow because if the car enter the messy (muddy) road and the tyre get stucked, we won't get a help that night and more so, he seems so confused about the road also, so he should let us go back and come back tomorrow. He suggested picking someone that knows the road well. So, we drove back and picked a man called Alhassan Hussein who entered the car and sat at the back. I was beside the driver(Usman).
We drove for about 30 mins before we eventually got to a place where it seems we have gotten to the man who will help us with getting the Alhaji. Usman and Alhassan left the car to meet this man and collected Alhaji's number, I felt so tired(the only thing in my stomach that day was the energy drink(Predator) that Usman bought for me).
It was already getting to 12 midnight but I was happy we finally got a step closer to solving all these. So, I unconsciously took a nap but I made sure I closed and locked the car door behind me, wound down the car window beside me but I locked the door. My phone was between my laps and I stretched back my seat just to have a good posture of catching a short nap.
Few minutes into my nap, I heard Usman and Alhassan back and I can tell that they didn't know I locked the back door so I stretched my hand to help them open the door and also, I could perceive the heavy odour of the perfume he collected earlier. In split seconds I felt A ROPE ON MY NECK after I heard him chant some Arabic words but I could remember him saying "ALLAHU AKBAR", I looked up and saw Usman trying so hard to strangle me... My life flashed in my eyes, late in the middle of the night, in a silent bush, with two people whose minds were made up. You can imagine how helpless I was (I witnessed how someone you trust can in split second turn to be the reason for your death, it was so scary and horrible scene that still keep tormenting me)
Alhassan was behind me also, I tried wrestling the rope with Usman and that was when I heard him telling Alhassan in Hausa to hold my legs. Before Alhassan could turn and reach the front seat, I don't know how I wrestled the Usman and I took off the rope on my neck, boom I was off the car and running inside the bush aimlessly. I lost my medicated eye glasses and my phone in the process.

After running for about 15 mins inside an unknown bush, I eventually climbed a tree and stayed there but to my surprise I started seeing flashes of touch light from different directions searching for me in the bush, from my East and West. I stayed put on the tree, observing the direction of the passing vehicles at night and also calculating how close I was to the road. For a minute, their search light was just beside the tree I climbed. I could hear their footsteps. I became so scared that I wanted to jump and start running again but a voice I later believed could only come from God whispered to me to stay put, it was not easy to obey the voice but I did.
All through the night, I was on the tree inside the cold and paying attention to every detail of what was going on around me. At about 5:30am I noticed they left because I could not see the flash of torch and I could track the time because of the Muslim prayer call. When it was dawn at about 6:15am when I could read my wrist watch, I left the tree and went straight for the road where I boarded a bike to Gumel. I had to pay the bike man triple the normal fare because I needed to escape from that village.
Getting to Gumel, I went straight to the place I used to eat during my first week in the town and I met the woman who saw how messed up my clothes and look were. She took me to meet a Yoruba man in the town so that I can explain my ordeal. I met the man and I narrated my story, he gave me his phone which I used to contact my close friends and sister, oh less I forget I found it difficult to trust them when I called but I just have to trust someone.
I got a small phone after money was sent to me, luckily enough for me I still had my ATM with me. I changed my look, bought a new cloth, trouser and sun shade with a cap just to disguise myself from the town and about 4pm I escaped to Kano and I could not return to my friend's house that day because I found it very difficult to trust even him, but thank God he also understands. I needed to cool my head and think the whole scenario through.
On 4th August, I finally decided to go back to my friend's place and explained everything to him. By 5th of August I was able to make it to Police state headquarters at Bompai in Kano, I wrote to the commissioner of police who later directed me to Assistant Inspector General of Police (Zonal Headquarters Zone 1 BUK ROAD, Kano) from there, the case was attached to two IPO and they started the process of arresting the culprit (Usman) and Alhassan (his accomplice). After a month of reporting the incident and spending money (you know nau)from filing, tracking, logistics, welfare bla bla bla. 5th October, 2021 was when the police made the arrest. The police were able to pick the accomplice (Alhassan) as Usman was already on the run. We were told he left the town weeks ago and never came back, the brother (Zangina Abubakar, the manager of the NUSHE FILLING STATION) who I sent the money to his account was arrested since the tracking proved that he was in constant communication with Usman and also Usman has already said they were working together. They (Alhassan and Zangina) were both picked at Sabon Gari Yaya and transported to Police Zonal Headquarters Zone 1 in Kano. Something to note; Alhassan confessed the incident to the IPO just like I told them in my statement, he confessed EVERYTHING in my statement.
I was even told to feed them that night they spent in detention which I did (I was told it's the normal thing to do actually). On 6th October, Zangina and Alhassan faced the Deputy Commissioner of Police where Zangina made it known to the DCP that Usman was an ex-police officer who was dismissed from the service because of bad behaviours and he is in Abuja to work his way back into the Police system. Alhassan was charged to court on 4 court count charges, including attempted murder (Culpable Homicide), bridge of trust, kidnapping... Zangina was released and told to produce his brother within 1 week. He was released with guarantors, they promised to pay me back my money which is #960,000 and also pay for my lost phone, medicated glasses, my measuring scale and whatever I lost in the process, I was told I will be compensated and the DCP really do felt my pain, agony, ordeal, he was so sympathetic about it and could not believe one of "our people" can do this. He also condemned the act and promised to see to it that I get justice I was happy to hear those encouraging words and I was believing all will be well.
The court case was attached to a prosecutor named Shu'aibu Musa and to a Magistrate Court at Gidan Murtala precisely Court 60 in Kano. The case started and Alhassan(the accomplice) used his mouth to confess all that he did with Usman, the Magistrate was furious at the act done against me owing to the fact that I meant no harm to either of them, only came to do business and trusted them to handle it for me. He was sentenced to remand for 1 month and told the police to produce Usman. November 2021 made it a month, the family of Usman sent a representative to the Police Zonal Headquarters, Zone 1 BUK road through someone that I was told is a personal aide to the formal Assistant Inspector General (AIG) in that zone and he delivered #500,000 to the Police and told them they will bring the remaining money and my damages.
The court demanded 10% of the money through the prosecutor attached to the case, his name is Shu'aibu. I paid them and also settled him (the prosecutor) and the registrar and some other guys in the court. The prosecutor told me to write down and quantify what I lost including my bank interest on the money and my Return On Investment (ROI) within the time this case happened that I will be paid in full. I quantified it, gave it to him and I was told they will press for it that I should not worry. I started spending money on the case, travelling almost twice a month and also on some other expenses because I was promised my money will be recovered in full and all have spent on the case will be paid and my damages will be claimed and overall, Usman will be arrested and face the riot of the law..

Continues at the comment section..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2022
Somebody should please summarize for me when he finishes his story

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by OBAOMO01: 10:59am On May 21, 2022
December came, Usman was not apprehended, only for me to hear that Alhassan (Accomplice) has been released and my prosecutor knew about it and didn't even bother to inform me. All of a sudden, Alhassan and the prosecutor became so close that I can't even differentiate if the prosecutor is working for me or with Alhassan. Before December, the family of Usman brought in another #200,000 and that was how they started paying this money in pieces like #50,000... and I have to travel down to Kano everytime the case is supposed to be heard. Now, I barely survive because have been out of business since last year August and even suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
January 2022, the same story of adjournment set in, Usman was nowhere to be found, the prosecutor doesn't even pick my calls most time again, my damages no longer a discussion again, they stopped talking about the balance of the main money, instead it has been adjournment upon adjournment knowing fully well I travel a long distance to Kano whenever the case is to be heard. It's either the Magistrate is not sitting, the prosecutor is not around or another story altogether and I have to risk my life, spend money to travel and still get this disappointment or the other. So, I looked at it and told myself January the Magistrate was not around, February the prosecutor told me he is not around because the court didnt notify him of the sitting after I called him and told him myself of the sitting, March the accomplice was not around and the prosecutor is still saying the Court didn't notify him of the sitting (after I called and told him myself ooo) again but he came eventually but the accomplice was not around so the case was adjourned again. At this point, I studied the chain of event since December when this adjournment became so pronounced and said to myself this will keep on like this till I'm tired of coming for the case, so I would loss my business money, money spent on the case, damages and an attempted murder on my life by someone at large will just all slide like that? Is that the country I was born into? Is that what have been happening to numerous Nigerians that didn't voice out? What is the fate of Usman's next victim? Is Usman close to another person's life as we speak? What went wrong in this justice system I was following gently? What is the fate of my business have been building since 2019? Where will I pick it from? Family and friends looking up to me? Banks and ROI staring at me even in my dream? What can I do? So that's why I'm here in the media to seek for help from meaning Nigeria to help me with this case and help my mental health. I'm at the verge of losing EVERYTHING!!! LIKE, EVERYTHING including MY SANITY!!!
The truth is, I still have so much zeal and ambition to keep fighting for my right... I can't go and do business and almost lost my life, lost my money, still risking my life and just walk away like that... I lost everything!!! All the years of my labor, all the sweat, all the prayers... I just don't know how to bring myself down to believe I will just lose everything.

Oh, I have not crossed the thin line between sanity and depression but if this continues, I don't think I won't cross the line. I'm only surviving on God's HOPE to see me through. I love my business and how I have been pushing hard to excel in it, everyday I see opportunities pass me by to make money and here am I battling with how to survive this case and be on my feet again. I'm not lazy, I work daily to build this my company and just help others to rise while working with me. Now I'm facing the reality of our justice system that is crippling me and maybe about sending me to an early depression state and I need to voice this out now!!!

Please, if you know any human right activist, lawyer, individual that can help me with this case, I need all the help I can get... Bank interest rates keep growing daily on my neck, individual money investment also on my neck and very soon I might not be able to breath. Please, I need all the help you can render.
NB: I have pictures, videos and audio evidence to ascertain everything said so far.

You can reach me via olufemisegun21@gmail.com

12 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by kelvine(m): 11:08am On May 21, 2022
Thank God for your life.
We will need a summary.
Too many text to read online.
We like them brief except they bring us money.

Once again, I thank God for your life.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Nobody: 11:21am On May 21, 2022
Normally Hausa guys can be very honest but these days, Buhari Hausas are quite the opposite. Apart from scamming the man they want to murder him. To make matters worse the Justice system is a big part of the problem Nigeria is facing. Many cases like this have been swept under the carpet. I sincerely hope you get justice. Also, the case needs to be transferred.

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by ifex370(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2022
OP don't mind them. I have read your story from top to bottom.

Like they said.. Crime has no tribe.

May God continue to protect you and every good and innocent person from evil and injustice.

The God of Justice will keep fighting our battles and delivering justice against people that always want to bring harm to others in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Stallionhorse: 11:27am On May 21, 2022
What's all this... You think we have time
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by ifex370(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2022
OBAOMO01:
December came, Usman was not apprehended, only for me to hear that Alhassan (Accomplice) has been released and my prosecutor knew about it and didn't even bother to inform me. All of a sudden, Alhassan and the prosecutor became so close that I can't even differentiate if the prosecutor is working for me or with Alhassan. Before December, the family of Usman brought in another #200,000 and that was how they started paying this money in pieces like #50,000... and I have to travel down to Kano everytime the case is supposed to be heard. Now, I barely survive because have been out of business since last year August and even suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
January 2022, the same story of adjournment set in, Usman was nowhere to be found, the prosecutor doesn't even pick my calls most time again, my damages no longer a discussion again, they stopped talking about the balance of the main money, instead it has been adjournment upon adjournment knowing fully well I travel a long distance to Kano whenever the case is to be heard. It's either the Magistrate is not sitting, the prosecutor is not around or another story altogether and I have to risk my life, spend money to travel and still get this disappointment or the other. So, I looked at it and told myself January the Magistrate was not around, February the prosecutor told me he is not around because the court didnt notify him of the sitting after I called him and told him myself of the sitting, March the accomplice was not around and the prosecutor is still saying the Court didn't notify him of the sitting (after I called and told him myself ooo) again but he came eventually but the accomplice was not around so the case was adjourned again. At this point, I studied the chain of event since December when this adjournment became so pronounced and said to myself this will keep on like this till I'm tired of coming for the case, so I would loss my business money, money spent on the case, damages and an attempted murder on my life by someone at large will just all slide like that? Is that the country I was born into? Is that what have been happening to numerous Nigerians that didn't voice out? What is the fate of Usman's next victim? Is Usman close to another person's life as we speak? What went wrong in this justice system I was following gently? What is the fate of my business have been building since 2019? Where will I pick it from? Family and friends looking up to me? Banks and ROI staring at me even in my dream? What can I do? So that's why I'm here in the media to seek for help from meaning Nigeria to help me with this case and help my mental health. I'm at the verge of losing EVERYTHING!!! LIKE, EVERYTHING including MY SANITY!!!
The truth is, I still have so much zeal and ambition to keep fighting for my right... I can't go and do business and almost lost my life, lost my money, still risking my life and just walk away like that... I lost everything!!! All the years of my labor, all the sweat, all the prayers... I just don't know how to bring myself down to believe I will just lose everything.

Oh, I have not crossed the thin line between sanity and depression but if this continues, I don't think I won't cross the line. I'm only surviving on God's HOPE to see me through. I love my business and how I have been pushing hard to excel in it, everyday I see opportunities pass me by to make money and here am I battling with how to survive this case and be on my feet again. I'm not lazy, I work daily to build this my company and just help others to rise while working with me. Now I'm facing the reality of our justice system that is crippling me and maybe about sending me to an early depression state and I need to voice this out now!!!

Please, if you know any human right activist, lawyer, individual that can help me with this case, I need all the help I can get... Bank interest rates keep growing daily on my neck, individual money investment also on my neck and very soon I might not be able to breath. Please, I need all the help you can render.
NB: I have pictures, videos and audio evidence to ascertain everything said so far.

Bro.. Can you divide your story up in bits and share it on Twitter?

There are higher chances of you getting activist to help you on twitter than here.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Edyice: 11:58am On May 21, 2022
What nepotism will bring to the North

You all will see how they will eventually destroy themselves.

I want to believe the magistrates are all northerners ( Muslim to be precise ) and to make matters worse a yoruba man brought in a northerners for prosecution.

Can you imagine Usmane was a formal police officer

It will surprise you that , all those nights you and usman were going for night driving ( he has been looking for who to partner with , so they could kill you)
Another army personnel from the North was captured working for bokoharam and bandits

This people will not change until they destroy their state ( hopefully separation would have taken place by then )

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by OBAOMO01: 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
ifex370:

Bro.. Can you divide your story up in bits and share it on Twitter?

There are higher chances of you getting activist to help you on twitter than here.

Thanks sir. Working towards that already. All the same, I have always believed in Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by OBAOMO01: 12:50pm On May 21, 2022
ifex370:
OP don't mind them. I have read your story from top to bottom.

Like they said.. Crime has no tribe.

May God continue to protect you and every good and innocent person from evil and injustice.

The God of Justice will keep fighting our battles and delivering justice against people that always want to bring harm to others in Jesus name. Amen

Amen. Thanks Sir.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Rahkman: 1:04pm On May 21, 2022
Northerners sabi do my brother my brother I just dey pity tinubu if pdp or nnpp field either kwankwaso tambuwal or atiku e go shock am...Northerners no fit betray their brother

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Neddstark: 1:08pm On May 21, 2022
At least you got some part of your money back. I advise you to pick up the pieces and move on. Believe in God who gave you the strength and instinct to survive that night.

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Highways: 1:20pm On May 21, 2022
Yoruba and Fulani are brothers

Tinubu 2017

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Jegede99: 3:10pm On May 21, 2022
The North thinks they can actually go scout free with any bad thing dey do... why are the North always like this? W H Y ?

OBAOMO01:
My name is Eludire Isaac and this is a true life story of how I escaped death in Jigawa. I was kidnapped, attempted to be strangled, lost #960,000 all to someone I called a business partner and how Nigeria's justice system failed me...
This true life story happened in Sabon Gari yaya of Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa, between me, Alhajiji Usman, Hussein ALHassan and Abubakar Zangina (Manager NUSHE FILLING STATION, SABON GARI YAYA)
Please read till the end as I will try to make this engaging and worth reading and I will need your help to seek justice. I'm not falling into depression yet thank God for the few amazing friends around me, before I cross the thin line between sanity and depression I need to come out and let this out.

So, 11th July, 2021 I made a business travel to Jigawa of course after weeks of discussion and deliberations with my so called business partner in Jigawa state, Taura Local Government to be precised and Sabon Gari yaya town in this local government is where Usman Alhajiji stays who happens to be my business partner.
I have been in business with him for about 4 months and we have shared so much together as regards Agric business and he knows how well I'm involved in it. Have been in Agricultural business since 2019 and have done several deliveries to companies across the country, raging from Corn, Soyabeans, Paddy Rice and even Cashew. I have a registered company under Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and function as a company with team members.
Around June 2021, I needed Paddy rice and I was told I can get it in Jigawa at a very good price so I remembered that Usman is from Jigawa so I called him up. He attested to the fact that it's surplus in Jigawa and also told me I can get it at his village, so I set out for Jigawa on 11th of July and I got to Gunjugun to lodge before I was told that Gumel will be a better place for me to see a good hotel. I called Usman and notified him of my arrival in Jigawa and planned to meet the second day, which is Monday.
I met Usman on Monday, he took me to his house, I met his wife, kids and relatives and also met his brother who is Abubakar Zangina who is the manager of NUSHE FILLING STATION in the town. Usman called on the farmers who has Rice and we went to check it. I intended to buy 50 bags for a start and the farmers made the paddy rice available. Some brought 10 bags, some 5 and some 20... The rice were stored at Usman's house and it took us 5 days before we gathered the rice and ready for delivery.
Zangina Abubakar who happens to be Usman's brother and manager of the filling station was the person I transferred the money to and he was the one giving us cash to pay the farmers. Usman categorically told me that Zangina is his brother and business partner that if I don't see him, I can see his brother in fact on some days Usman uses his brother's car to convey me back to my hotel at Gumel. I was supposed to make the paddy rice delivery to Kano but my contact in Kano was not reachable so Usman offered to make the delivery to a company in Hadejia which happens to be a company his uncle (who he said is a member of Jigawa State House Of Assembly) uses in delivering paddy rice (this uncle is also into cow and goat business). He called the uncle and he linked us up to the closest person (Alhaji Abubakar) in the town that can help us with the delivery because he (the uncle) was not in town. The Alhaji Abubakar also happens to be a politician and also a contractor.
Alhaji Abubakar was going to make a 50 bags delivery also, so we joined the goods together to make it 100 bags. The goods were not delivered until 19th July when I got the weighbridge certificate of the goods weight so that I can calculate my money since it will be a 50/50 division. I dropped my measuring scale in Usman house hoping to either come back or send someone to come back and help me purchase more since the business was profitable by my calculations. I left Jigawa on 20th July which was a festive holiday for the Muslims and I went back to my base hoping to get paid before the week runs out or early the following week as public holidays on Tuesday to Thursday could delay the payment. However, I kept in touch with Usman to confirm the status of my money which is about 1 Million naira.
That week went by, no positive update and the following week was running out and no update so I decided to travel back and confirm things myself. One of the excuses he gave for the delay was that Alhaji Abubakar is making new delivery and the man is waiting for the goods to reach about 600 bags so that they can pay him the money together and not just 100 bags. I was obviously not buying that excuse any longer so I told him I was coming back.
On the 31st July, I was in Kano where he says we can go and meet the Alhaji Abubakar so that I can collect my money or tell the Alhaji to pay me off and wait for the company to settle him later since he was the one who has direct access to the company and we already know how much my own money is by the weighbridge certificate. So, I can be paid and he (the Alhaji) can wait on the company. That was the plan and reason I needed to see the man and Usman promised to set that up.
Getting to Kano, I called one of my partners to intimate him about the development and for him to follow me to see the Alhaji. I could not see Usman until 1st August because I entered Kano late on 31st. Usman entered Kano around 9pm and met me with the other partner of mine in Kano and he drove us to one house where he claimed the man lives. We got there and we were told that the "acclaimed" man was not around and that he slept in Jigawa that day.
So, Usman decided to head back to Jigawa that night and I stayed in Kano with the arrangement that the man will be in Sabon Gari Yaya the following day which is 2nd August, Kano is about 1hour drive from Sabon Gari Yaya if you board car from Yankaba park. That night Usman drove back to Jigawa I was even scared for him because it's late at night and I had to call him around 12midnight to confirm if he got to Sabon Gari yaya safely which he told me yes.

2nd August, I traveled from Kano to Sabon Gari Yaya, of course with no fears but only focused on retrieving my money because it's now up to 2weeks, so I needed to see the so-called Alhaji Abubakar and collect my money. I got to Usman's house, met his son, wife and relatives and we exchange pleasantries. Now, a recall: before I traveled back to claim the money I instructed Usman to send me the Alhaji's number and he sent me a number that was not going through and the excuse he gave for that was that the man (Alhaji Abubakar) is a politician and might switch off his phone because of bla bla bla.
So, on that 2nd August, he went about looking for the man's number that is going through before he told me towards the afternoon that he was able to speak with the Alhaji's manager (the Alhaji also has a filling station in Ringim, a town just before Taura LGA) and the manager told him that Alhaji Abubakar will be in town by evening so I had to wait till evening (apparently that's not the first time I'm staying that late in their town and not the first time I'm dealing with Usman at night, infact there was a time myself and the Usman were together for up to 3days on the road travelling together). Around 8pm, we set out to see Alhaji and Usman actually got a car and drove us. Just to note, that was not the first time he would get a car to drive me around so that we can spend less on transportation, (something to note was that he collected a perfume from one of his kindred that night which he told me he purchased long time ago but just collected it that night). During my first weeks(July) in Jigawa, he got a car to drive me to Gumel where I lodge because most times sourcing for the paddy rice could make me stay in Sabon Gari Yaya till night. So, he usually drives me to Gumel even late at night.
On getting to where we were supposed to meet the man, we were told he left already. I was so angry, devastated and felt like blaming the Usman all for what happened, I cringed but I kept all these anger to myself because I don't want to discourage him to help me get the Alhaji so the idea was to get the person that can get us the Alhaji's number.
Around 9pm I called a friend to explain all that was happening to him. Around 10:30pm, my friend in Kano called me to confirm if I'm still coming to Kano that night and I told him yes, obviously because I know the town to Kano is about an hour and also Usman promised to drive me back to Kano no matter how late it will be and also I know if I can get the Alhaji's number that is connecting or if I can see the Alhaji that night, all my worries will be gone. So, I kept on pestering Usman to speed up the process of either seeing the man or getting his contact that is connecting. Around 11pm, he called someone and that person described who can get us the number so we set out to meet the person. The road that leads to this person's house was a bit messed up and I told Usman that we should go back and come back tomorrow because if the car enter the messy (muddy) road and the tyre get stucked, we won't get a help that night and more so, he seems so confused about the road also, so he should let us go back and come back tomorrow. He suggested picking someone that knows the road well. So, we drove back and picked a man called Alhassan Hussein who entered the car and sat at the back. I was beside the driver(Usman).
We drove for about 30 mins before we eventually got to a place where it seems we have gotten to the man who will help us with getting the Alhaji. Usman and Alhassan left the car to meet this man and collected Alhaji's number, I felt so tired(the only thing in my stomach that day was the energy drink(Predator) that Usman bought for me).
It was already getting to 12 midnight but I was happy we finally got a step closer to solving all these. So, I unconsciously took a nap but I made sure I closed and locked the car door behind me, wound down the car window beside me but I locked the door. My phone was between my laps and I stretched back my seat just to have a good posture of catching a short nap.
Few minutes into my nap, I heard Usman and Alhassan back and I can tell that they didn't know I locked the back door so I stretched my hand to help them open the door and also, I could perceive the heavy odour of the perfume he collected earlier. In split seconds I felt A ROPE ON MY NECK after I heard him chant some Arabic words but I could remember him saying "ALLAHU AKBAR", I looked up and saw Usman trying so hard to strangle me... My life flashed in my eyes, late in the middle of the night, in a silent bush, with two people whose minds were made up. You can imagine how helpless I was (I witnessed how someone you trust can in split second turn to be the reason for your death, it was so scary and horrible scene that still keep tormenting me)
Alhassan was behind me also, I tried wrestling the rope with Usman and that was when I heard him telling Alhassan in Hausa to hold my legs. Before Alhassan could turn and reach the front seat, I don't know how I wrestled the Usman and I took off the rope on my neck, boom I was off the car and running inside the bush aimlessly. I lost my medicated eye glasses and my phone in the process.

After running for about 15 mins inside an unknown bush, I eventually climbed a tree and stayed there but to my surprise I started seeing flashes of touch light from different directions searching for me in the bush, from my East and West. I stayed put on the tree, observing the direction of the passing vehicles at night and also calculating how close I was to the road. For a minute, their search light was just beside the tree I climbed. I could hear their footsteps. I became so scared that I wanted to jump and start running again but a voice I later believed could only come from God whispered to me to stay put, it was not easy to obey the voice but I did.
All through the night, I was on the tree inside the cold and paying attention to every detail of what was going on around me. At about 5:30am I noticed they left because I could not see the flash of torch and I could track the time because of the Muslim prayer call. When it was dawn at about 6:15am when I could read my wrist watch, I left the tree and went straight for the road where I boarded a bike to Gumel. I had to pay the bike man triple the normal fare because I needed to escape from that village.
Getting to Gumel, I went straight to the place I used to eat during my first week in the town and I met the woman who saw how messed up my clothes and look were. She took me to meet a Yoruba man in the town so that I can explain my ordeal. I met the man and I narrated my story, he gave me his phone which I used to contact my close friends and sister, oh less I forget I found it difficult to trust them when I called but I just have to trust someone.
I got a small phone after money was sent to me, luckily enough for me I still had my ATM with me. I changed my look, bought a new cloth, trouser and sun shade with a cap just to disguise myself from the town and about 4pm I escaped to Kano and I could not return to my friend's house that day because I found it very difficult to trust even him, but thank God he also understands. I needed to cool my head and think the whole scenario through.
On 4th August, I finally decided to go back to my friend's place and explained everything to him. By 5th of August I was able to make it to Police state headquarters at Bompai in Kano, I wrote to the commissioner of police who later directed me to Assistant Inspector General of Police (Zonal Headquarters Zone 1 BUK ROAD, Kano) from there, the case was attached to two IPO and they started the process of arresting the culprit (Usman) and Alhassan (his accomplice). After a month of reporting the incident and spending money (you know nau)from filing, tracking, logistics, welfare bla bla bla. 5th October, 2021 was when the police made the arrest. The police were able to pick the accomplice (Alhassan) as Usman was already on the run. We were told he left the town weeks ago and never came back, the brother (Zangina Abubakar, the manager of the NUSHE FILLING STATION) who I sent the money to his account was arrested since the tracking proved that he was in constant communication with Usman and also Usman has already said they were working together. They (Alhassan and Zangina) were both picked at Sabon Gari Yaya and transported to Police Zonal Headquarters Zone 1 in Kano. Something to note; Alhassan confessed the incident to the IPO just like I told them in my statement, he confessed EVERYTHING in my statement.
I was even told to feed them that night they spent in detention which I did (I was told it's the normal thing to do actually). On 6th October, Zangina and Alhassan faced the Deputy Commissioner of Police where Zangina made it known to the DCP that Usman was an ex-police officer who was dismissed from the service because of bad behaviours and he is in Abuja to work his way back into the Police system. Alhassan was charged to court on 4 court count charges, including attempted murder (Culpable Homicide), bridge of trust, kidnapping... Zangina was released and told to produce his brother within 1 week. He was released with guarantors, they promised to pay me back my money which is #960,000 and also pay for my lost phone, medicated glasses, my measuring scale and whatever I lost in the process, I was told I will be compensated and the DCP really do felt my pain, agony, ordeal, he was so sympathetic about it and could not believe one of "our people" can do this. He also condemned the act and promised to see to it that I get justice I was happy to hear those encouraging words and I was believing all will be well.
The court case was attached to a prosecutor named Shu'aibu Musa and to a Magistrate Court at Gidan Murtala precisely Court 60 in Kano. The case started and Alhassan(the accomplice) used his mouth to confess all that he did with Usman, the Magistrate was furious at the act done against me owing to the fact that I meant no harm to either of them, only came to do business and trusted them to handle it for me. He was sentenced to remand for 1 month and told the police to produce Usman. November 2021 made it a month, the family of Usman sent a representative to the Police Zonal Headquarters, Zone 1 BUK road through someone that I was told is a personal aide to the formal Assistant Inspector General (AIG) in that zone and he delivered #500,000 to the Police and told them they will bring the remaining money and my damages.
The court demanded 10% of the money through the prosecutor attached to the case, his name is Shu'aibu. I paid them and also settled him (the prosecutor) and the registrar and some other guys in the court. The prosecutor told me to write down and quantify what I lost including my bank interest on the money and my Return On Investment (ROI) within the time this case happened that I will be paid in full. I quantified it, gave it to him and I was told they will press for it that I should not worry. I started spending money on the case, travelling almost twice a month and also on some other expenses because I was promised my money will be recovered in full and all have spent on the case will be paid and my damages will be claimed and overall, Usman will be arrested and face the riot of the law..

Continues at the comment section..
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Jegede99: 3:13pm On May 21, 2022
The North would try what they can to subvert judgement or justice for thier brothers. Bro, you are right. What ever makes the case remain in their confine (North) they will frustrate the process. Move the case to South West!!!

Edyice:
What nepotism will bring to the North

You all will see how they will eventually destroy themselves.

I want to believe the magistrates are all northerners ( Muslim to be precise ) and to make matters worse a yoruba man brought in a northerners for prosecution.

Can you imagine Usmane was a formal police officer

It will surprise you that , all those nights you and usman were going for night driving ( he has been looking for who to partner with , so they could kill you)
Another army personnel from the North was captured working for bokoharam and bandits

This people will not change until they destroy their state ( hopefully separation would have taken place by then )
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by TheWolfen(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2022
This is serious!
Nigeria justice system is messed up

I pray you find to strength to hold on. Victory is certain.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2022
Naija na yeye...anytin Naija irritates me.sorry for your ordeal.Hausa people can be very deadly and cunning.befor you know dem don bury pesin for shallow grave.e no dey hard dem.God will elevate you.peace
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by TATALoAlaMu: 5:07pm On May 21, 2022
I’m coming.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by darkstar6971(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2022
Thank God for your life beside you recover almost 800k out of the money, wetin u need again?
OBAOMO01:

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by gonkin(m): 5:47pm On May 21, 2022
Omo who fit give summary abeg
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by overdrive(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2022
darkstar6971:
Thank God for your life beside you recover almost 800k out of the money, wetin u need again?

He needs justice so that usman doesn't go around murdering people.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Brownshoe: 6:27pm On May 21, 2022
You didn't see anybody to partner with you even go for the ones you don't understand their language, i thank God for you,
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Toma2: 7:25pm On May 21, 2022
darkstar6971:
Police case na free?
Transportation nko
Lawyer nko

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by KingsJohnson(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2022
This is so disheartening. Many injustice going on in Nigeria.

I feel your pain bro, but its time to move on.

Forget everything.

I won't advice you to go back to that state again, something wors can happen and nobody will get to hear about it.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by darkstar6971(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2022
Naso o but i don message the guy for email to see how i go help him publish the story for my blog him no gree reply.
overdrive:

He needs justice so that usman doesn't go around murdering people.
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Dammyseyon(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2022
I read through your story sir, every last word and letter. And what I can tell you is that there is no vengeance as wrathful and as satisfying as the vengeance of God.
What I'm saying in short is, run to God!
Let God raise men to help you. People that will help you without collecting a dime from you.
Channel your pain and cry on to him. I dont know how much of God you know but have you seen when God is fighting your battle before and you'll even be begging on behalf of your enemy?
Crime has no tribe and to top it all the Nigerian Judicial system is a facade, a fallacious violator of the less privileged that only exist against the less privileged.
I can go on and on, but I'll advise you put all your hope and Faith in God to get justice.
Man's judgement on this case can never suffice to your lost.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Nemesis0147(m): 8:38pm On May 21, 2022
God forbid!!
Who wan read all these?
Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by charlesdinho7(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2022
go to abuja, there is a man known as ordinary president. he is into fighting for human rights. or you can search for him on facebook... 'brekete family' is the name of his facebook page. please try to do what i said. the man will help you in getting justice. good luck

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Jegede99: 9:31pm On May 21, 2022
Do you know how much you would have spent as a common Nigeria to pull a case to the level he pulled this? Just do the maths yourself from what the man explained... Transportation alone sef and bribing your way to get it this far go don weak you! Nigeria? No be this same Nigeria?

darkstar6971
post=113044018:

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by Jegede99: 9:35pm On May 21, 2022
If a case as big as Deborah own is still not sure of why it would end just because it happened in the North, then just imagine this kind of case... To them it would be something trivia! If Northern youths can think of rallying to release or cause riot for the release of suspects in Deborah's case, how much more this case? Truth be told, something is fishy in that justice system... Shekenah

We can just help to help him push this to the front page so that it can reach wider audience and people can come to his aide

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Killed By An Aboki In Jigawa After Leaving Lagos For Business. by ibechris(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2022
This is horrible!

Pathetic to say the least.

Well, there is actually no justice in this country.

We all live in a country where one former EFCC boss is under investigation for fraud even suspended indefinitely,yet he was promoted while being away.

What a useless country!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Police Officer Raped Me Till Dawn For Not Wearing Nose Mask, Widow Narrates / $ex Slave Trafficker 'eboni Lisa' Real Identity Unmasked / After This 4 Young Ladies Robbed A Man N20 Million,se What Angry Mob Did To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.