Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate (2036 Views)

2023: G-5 Governors Fail To Unveil Preferred Candidate / Buhari Backs Power Shift To South, Yet To Unveil Preferred Successor / APC Convention: Buhari Withdraws Endorsement Of Adamu As National Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by ijustdey: 12:17pm On May 21, 2022
…as Osinbajo, Lawan, Amaechi lead race

Indications have emerged to suggest that President Muhammadu Buhari will unveil his preferred candidate ahead of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC’s) Special National Convention scheduled for next Saturday. This is coming just as it also emerged that the race for the ticket of the APC appears to have narrowed down to three aspirants as the gladiators begin a last minute push in what observers have described as a week of long knives.

Sources close to the Presidency told Saturday Telegraph on Friday that President Buhari “Will unveil his preferred presidential candidate to party leaders and other stakeholders of the APC in a few days to the convention.” Another party source told our correspondent that the race for the ticket has been narrowed down to three leading contenders based on the support base that they have garnered in recent weeks. He listed the front runners to include Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi and the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, adding that “the fourth person is the preferred candidate of President Buhari whose identity he is still keeping to his (President Buhari’s) chest for strategic reasons.” “These aspirants are leveraging on their well-established support base of caucuses within the party to snatch the top prize from one another,” the party source who pleaded not to be mentioned added.

Asked to state the basis for arriving at the top three, the source stated that of the lot who obtained the party’s nomination forms, the trio and Buhari’s candidate have the requisite political platforms to successfully challenge for the party’s ticket. According to him, “Osinbajo seems to enjoy support of the bulk of membership of the ACN caucus as well as some governors outside his South West traditional catchment area, especially in the North Central, South South and South East who would mobilise their delegates for him.” He (the source) added that Amaechi is enjoying the backing of members of the old Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus in the party who are said to be working assiduously for his emergence at the convention.

“Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, is banking on the solid support of his former allies in the PDP who are prominent in the management of the party and that support is solid for him,” the source told our correspondent. On his part, Lawan is relying on the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) and the old All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) blocs in the APC to actualise his ambition that many initially didn’t view as serious. The source added that “Apart from the support that the Senate President is getting from the CPC and ANPP blocs in the party, prominent members of the Aso Rock power brokers are also backing his bid and they are making things happen for him since they have the ears of the president.” According to him, the fourth contender is the preferred candidate of President Buhari who is expected to be unveiled before the convention.

“The president is expected to unveil his candidate before the end of next week to party stakeholders and I can tell you that,” the source said but added that the identity of the lucky aspirant who enjoys the goodwill of the retired General remains unknown. “Only the President knows the person he wants to support. Maybe very few people in his office or very close associates can tell who that person is but no one knows for now until the President himself tells us who the person is,” the source said.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/a-week-to-apc-convention-buhari-to-unveil-preferred-candidate/

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Zonefree(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2022
From next week, Tinubu urchins will understand National politics is different from Lagos politics.

12 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Savagr(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2022
It's Amaechi Inshallah

6 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by spydera: 12:56pm On May 21, 2022
I don't know much, but isn't this similar to godfatherism should zombihari let the public know who his preferred candidate is?

I thought bubu said he wanted the party to provide their flag bearer, that he wouldn't interfere so as to make the process fair for all aspirants?
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by finito55: 1:10pm On May 21, 2022
Hon.Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba -HCN is the man
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by finito55: 1:10pm On May 21, 2022
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by OfficialAwol(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2022
Savagr:
It's Amaechi Inshallah

Ogbonnaya Onu

8 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by GreyLaw(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2022
finito55:

Hmm... if Buhari try am Tinubu go swear for am oo.. how would Buhari dare 'betray' Tinubu in place of some Igbo man?
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Validated: 1:19pm On May 21, 2022
finito55:
Looks like or may be Ogbonnaya Onu.
But why is it that Tinubu was not mentioned.
Anyway, I know Buhari has NO INTENTION to have Tinubu succeed him.

6 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Savagr(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Ogbonnaya Onu
Okay
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Oracleforce: 1:23pm On May 21, 2022
finito55:

Chkwuemeka Nwajiuaba of all Aspirants...?/

I trust an average Fulani man like Buhari, he can never choose his prefer candidate from Nyamiri region....all these chest-beaters crews....it is even better to give it to Tinubu or Lawan instead of Nyamiri bastard.

2023 is another wailing year for all Nyamiri crew...they will keep on wailing till they get their BeerFRAUD Republic...

2 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by basilo101: 1:27pm On May 21, 2022
Oracleforce:

I trust an average Fulani man like Buhari, he can never choose his prefer candidate from Nyamiri region....all these chest-beaters crews....it is even better to give it to Tinubu or Lawan instead of Nyamiri bastard.

2023 is another wailing year for all Nyamiri crew...they will keep on wailing till they get their BeerFRAUD Republic...
Afonjas never learn national politics aswear. If you are still hanging your hope of survival in national politics to imaginary enemiity between nyamuri and the north you will soon cry

3 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by BlazinGlory40: 1:41pm On May 21, 2022
Oracleforce:

You think Nigerian politicians are bigots like Nigerian citizens? The joke is on you

1 Like

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by tempest01(m): 2:48pm On May 21, 2022
A man in his 80's that has ruined the country, is the one that is choosing preferred candidate for all of you?

1 Like

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Oracleforce: 3:35pm On May 21, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

You think Nigerian politicians are bigots like Nigerian citizens? The joke is on you

You just like a man watching the blinking of a crab beside river. ....you will stay long by the river side
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by MikoB: 4:25pm On May 21, 2022
Everybody will be alright las las.
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by BlazinGlory40: 6:08pm On May 21, 2022
Oracleforce:

You just like a man watching the blinking of a crab beside river. ....you will stay long by the river side

May 29th will settle all these arguments on social media once and for all

2 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Oracleforce: 8:52pm On May 21, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Do you think Nigerian politicians are bigots like Nigerian citizens? The joke is on you

Is there a major difference between Nigerian politicians and common people on the street...
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Dapson73(m): 9:04pm On May 21, 2022
Do you need to be told before you know Asiwaju is the man he's referring to as the anointed candidate of Buhari?

On his mandate Buhari stand.

I'm always verified.
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:09pm On May 21, 2022
Wetin I talk last week. Omo I bad, gan. If na sey dem don hire me for Tinubu camp since, all this one no for happen. But wen you pack baboon and chimpanzee together call am campaign team. Na olodo result you go get. I don buy popcorn plenty. I go laff some people tire when may 39 come. Ogobororogbigbo, Movie wan start

3 Likes

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Basic123: 9:09pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
From next week, Tinubu urchins will understand National politics is different from Lagos politics.
Ameathief abi petheif dog,

On a national scale,Tinubu as achieved what no person ever achieved. He formed APC and sent PDP packing!...producd vice president ,speakers and ministers ....not every time he will be winning,if he doesn't win,he remains one of the greatest politicians ever in Nigeria
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:15pm On May 21, 2022
Basic123:

Ameathief abi petheif dog,

On a national scale,Tinubu as achieved what no person ever achieved. He formed APC and sent PDP packing!...producd vice president ,speakers and ministers ....not every time he will be winning,if he doesn't win,he remains one of the greatest politicians ever in Nigeria

Orna don dey change mouth. No, e too early. Tinubu still get hope. Him get 5000 delegates on lockdown. Dem go vote am tire. Tinubu no get any rival. Jagaban, national leader, Areafather, twale baba

1 Like

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:20pm On May 21, 2022
Validated:

Looks like or may be Ogbonnaya Onu.
But why is it that Tinubu was not mentioned.
Anyway, I know Buhari has NO INTENTION to have Tinubu succeed him.

Buhari wen sign not too young to run into law go pick 85year old man as him successor. The problem be sey nairaland dey filled with mumu and swegbe wen no dey watch. Na jus to talk talk dem Sabi. This plan don dey in the works since. No be today them pick the candidate. E don tey.
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by BlazinGlory40: 9:24pm On May 21, 2022
Oracleforce:

Is there a major difference between Nigerian politicians and common people on the street...

As bad as the politicians are, can I shock you? The ordinary people on the street are worse
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Gozac: 9:35pm On May 21, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Power will not go to SW and they can't do any perm about it. They can never cajole or compel PMB into not having a role on who succeeds him
The ace is with PMB and secondly PGF most especially northern governors
What I know for sure is that PMB will give direction and the the governors will fall in line
Amaechi remains the favorite among all these contestants.It can never be a Tinubu

1 Like

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Gozac: 9:37pm On May 21, 2022
Savagr:
It's Amaechi Inshallah
With 28 states already covered as at yesterday night Chibuike Amaechi is now the leading aspirant by state covered
That's by the wày Amaechi remains the most experienced, qualified and prepared to lead Nigeria at this time
As a detribalised man, he remains the national and unity candidate for one, strong united Nigeria
We urge the delegates to vote an Amaechi for a secured, united and prosperous Nigeria
Forward with courage, Victoria Ascerta!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by KingHonour(m): 10:31pm On May 21, 2022
Godswill Obot Akpabio is the unveil preferred president choice .
Take my word to the bank n catch out..
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by BlazinGlory40: 6:56am On May 22, 2022
Gozac:
Power will not go to SW and they can't do any perm about it. They can never cajole or compel PMB into not having a role on who succeeds him
The ace is with PMB and secondly PGF most especially northern governors
What I know for sure is that PMB will give direction and the the governors will fall in line
Amaechi remains the favorite among all these contestants.It can never be a Tinubu

As much as it’s not tinubu, it’s not amaechi either. That I’m sure of
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by MrALIVE: 7:17am On May 22, 2022
Oracleforce:

Go to hell
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Truthisunique2: 7:27am On May 22, 2022
Dapson73:
Do you need to be told before you know Asiwaju is the man he's referring to as the anointed candidate of Buhari?

On his mandate Buhari stand.

I'm always verified.
from today let your foolishness end

If you hear annointed or consesus it can not be Tinubu because Tinubu would win primaries by his loot without needing consensus or anointing

Hope you get the logic now
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by Truthisunique2: 7:28am On May 22, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

As much as it’s not tinubu, it’s not amaechi either. That I’m sure of
lol, your eyes go clear soon

Remember there are three candidates in this race

Amaechi, Osinbajo and Tinubu

It's one of them, you can't bring consesus from jokers who didn't engage in the consultation process

The aspirants stepping down would claim they worked more than him consulting while he just went to bed to cheat with anointing

We know it's not Tinubu, it can't be osinbajo because osinbajo is the same as Tinubu presidency and south west have gotten national secretary spot (the highest zoned position to south)
Re: A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate by BlazinGlory40: 9:26am On May 22, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol, your eyes go clear soon

Remember there are three candidates in this race

Amaechi, Osinbajo and Tinubu

It's one of them, you can't bring consesus from jokers who didn't engage in the consultation process

The aspirants stepping down would claim they worked more than him consulting while he just went to bed to cheat with anointing

We know it's not Tinubu, it can't be osinbajo because osinbajo is the same as Tinubu presidency and south west have gotten national secretary spot (the highest zoned position to south)

Don’t worry! All these arguments will be put to rest once and for all next week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporters Are Bullies, Don't Bully Me To Support Him- Mr Macaroni / Osun NURTW Chairman, Armed Thugs Arrested Amidst Gunshots In Osogbo / Obasanjo Commends Buhari On Naira Redesign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.