Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay (8321 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 8:12am On Jul 15, 2011
Please is there anyone in the house who submitted his/her UK visitor visa application from 20st june, 2011 who has collected it? My friend submitted and have not heard from them yet. Track severally with no info. Thanks.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
Any one? No alert yet.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2011
any info?
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2011
Still waiting for information. Uptil today no alert or info tracking online. Dont know the cause of the delay. Is it a general thing or just applicable to my friends only.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2011
damola1:

any info?

Are you affected too?
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2011
Mine was serious, cos I missed my yankee appointment cos of the delay,
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2011
damola1:

Mine was serious, cos I missed my yankee appointment cos of the delay, 

Just remembered the thread you open regarding that issue. My comment on that thread is exactly the essence of this particular thread. Please post updates here.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2011
Well, the US embassy did not allow me to cancel, and so I lost on that, I will have to get one of those boys to get me a faster time slot, once I get my P back.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2011
So sorry about that.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by snowdrops(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2011
Maybe its the time of year. Many peoples applying with intention of visiting UK as its summer.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by phraoh(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
I guess this is their peak period,Student visas for courses starting in September,visiting visas for those going for summer hols and those goin for graduations of their loved ones.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
Got mine back July 1st - July 22 - 15 working days,  Was dissapointedly given 6 months visa. Whereas I requested for 2 years, I really think it's too short.

However, someone we spoke there said, because I didn't pay for 2years, is this true?,  I paid the 22k for business visa.

Please advise.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
damola1:

Got mine back July 1st - July 22 - 15 working days, Was pointedly given 6 months visa. Whereas I requested for 6months, I really think it's too short.

However, someone we spoke there said, because I didn't pay for 2years, is this true?, I paid the 22k for business visa.

Please advise.

Congratulation. My friend is still expecting!
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thanks, is it possible to get it upgraded to 2years?
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
I think that shld be after the expiration of the 6 months if you dont go against their immigration policy.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thanks, in case of then, do I have to pay 22k x 4 or same 22k?, to get 2years,

Your friend should track it online vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=QjjeqT6tBJlHwGRUVZxtkA%3d%3d
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 4:51am On Jul 23, 2011
Thanks. He has being tracking and same result.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by jaybee3(m): 6:47am On Jul 23, 2011
I know of someone with similar timeline that never got the sms they paid for only to turn up at the office and GBAM the passport has been waiting all along.
As your friend to go check it up
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Seyigoy(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2011
I submitted my form on June 28 and got the alert it was ready on July 19.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2011
Seyigoy:

I submitted my form on June 28 and got the alert it was ready on July 19.

jay bee:

I know of someone with similar timeline that never got the sms they paid for only to turn up at the office and GBAM the passport has been waiting all along.
As your friend to go check it up

Thanks guys. Will ask him to go check at their office next week. Though he is going for family visit.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by enuose: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
Hello Ause
Plz am very new on here and i have heard alot about this forum that it really helps the novice like me.

Plz į̸̸̨§ there any1 who submitted his or her visit visa application on 4th of July 2011 and has collected his or her visa coz i submitted on 4th of July 2011 and i hvn't get response yet

Plz i need more info
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 4:47am On Jul 26, 2011
The waiting continues
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by santobo: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2011
Your friend should call the High Commission in Abuja, number is 094623251 and give them your passport number. They would tell you where it is. Though they would not give info on when it would likely be ready. I submitted on the 7th and i called this morning and they claim its at d final stage and i'm only just renewing a 5 year visa.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for this priviledge info. Appreciate so much. Cheers
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2011
@ santobo, emailed them and the reply was that his application is still undergoing verification.

Today makes it 27 working days and still waiting!
1. Does family visit apllicaation take this long!
2. His intended visit period in UK has elapse, what is the effect of this, with regards to his application?
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by santobo: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2011
I called today and apparently my application has been sent back to VFS yesterday. I have been trying to contact VFS to no avail.
27 working days means there is something they are not convinced about his/her application and they are verifying because they do not want to refuse him/her. If not they would have rejected and returned it. I guess he/she should make sure all contacts in the application are reachable and all docs are on point n add a bit of prayers.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Santobo, thank you for this insightful info. I thought as much. Will pass this piece of info to him. Cheers
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2011
My friend was called from British high Comm, Abuja to attend an interview on tuesday. Pls is this a normal proceddure? Or is it because he applied for a family visit? I have never had of British H C asking one to come for an interview, except it is a new development. Comments are very welcome
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by cboi4sure: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
@fogman, hope ur friend ddnt submit fake document because if he does,it might be an arrangement for his arrest.so he/she shud be prepared for anything.but if not,he/she should go in good faith.
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2011
Got informed by an immigration consultant, that it is a new system by British H C. Several of his clients too were scheduled for interview in Lagos DHC. But i m wondering my friend was ask to come to Abuja HC, despite the fact that he submitted at their Oregun office
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by damola1: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
Maybe, he should try to ask them whether or not ABUJA is the only option. As flights and hotel accommodation to Abuja alone would cost half of ticket money to the UK, No harm in trying,
Re: UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay by Fogman(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thanks for this suggestion.

(1) (2)

Breaking News(nigeria Deports 33 More South Africans) / Abuja At Night: The Nation's Capital / Help; Is It Advisable To Travel To Brazil To Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.