Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst (1058 Views)

Django Developer, AI Enthusiast And More, Get In Here / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst / Challenge For Javascript Beginners/intermidiate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2022
Good day guys,

I am working on a database project in excel
And it seems I'm stucked at a point, I can't think straight at the moment....

As seen in the picture attached, we have tag no column, room number column date of birth, age , CATEGORY e.t.c

"What I want to achieve is that any TAG NO that has it category has "WEANERS" in the spreadsheet/database should be listed/ sorted in another sheet including it room number, Date of birth e.t.c"

So the above quoted is the challenge

But Its more of me asking for help
I just use the word "challenge" as some other people may also find it challenging

Over to you SENIORS abeg help me out on this

Thanks Fam!

1 Like

Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2022
Your idea are highly welcomed pls��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by stanliwise(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
Your idea are highly welcomed pls��
Challenge or gig which one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by zionema(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2022
stanliwise:

hmmm
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by The5DME(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2022
Cc airsaylongcome

And op besides, Laptops can take screenshots na.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2022
stanliwise:

It's erm not a gig,why? 1. No one sent me 2.i'm not getting paid for doing it. I'm only doing it for an organization where i'm doing IT, at least to make my impact. SO will you help?
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2022
zionema:
hmmm
Not a gig,can you help?
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by zionema(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
Not a gig,can you help?
_first make it to be in a table format _then click on the column that has your category by right clicking it I think, you will see sort from a-z, z-a and also text field on the drop-down menu click on text field a search box will appear type WEANERS and enter the rows that contain WEANERS will be left. Highlight and copy all and paste it on a new sheet
https://spreadsheetplanet.com/select-rows-with-specific-text-excel/
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Hinokami: 7:36pm On May 21, 2022
link to the data please, i have some ideas but will have to test it out first

Captainjoe2019:

"What I want to achieve is that any TAG NO that has it category has "WEANERS" in the spreadsheet/database should be listed/ sorted in another sheet including it room number, Date of birth e.t.c"

Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2022
Hinokami:
link to the data please, i have some ideas but will have to test it out first

The file is on my pc not cloud

wo
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by airsaylongcome: 6:38am On May 22, 2022
Problem description is to vague. You just want all the rows that have Category "WEANER" in a new spreadsheet? Put a filter on your your header (shortcut ALT+D+F+F). On the Category column filter, select only WEANER, copy the entire filtered data, open a new Worksheet and paste it there.

But I don't know the value in doing that. If you want to analyze the data, the least you should have there is a Pivot table to slice and dice the data
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Problem description is to vague. You just want all the rows that have Category "WEANER" in a new spreadsheet? Put a filter on your your header (shortcut ALT+D+F+F). On the Category column filter, select only WEANER, copy the entire filtered data, open a new Worksheet and paste it there.

But I don't know the value in doing that. If you want to analyze the data, the least you should have there is a Pivot table to slice and dice the data
thdnk for ur input, but thdt sheet is a database that would keep increasing once a new data is being input...so my aim is to automatically generate the weaners into another sheet once it is entered. 7
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by airsaylongcome: 9:08am On May 22, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
thdnk for ur input, but thdt sheet is a database that would keep increasing once a new data is being input...so my aim is to automatically generate the weaners into another sheet once it is entered. 7

Is there Database Sheet manually updated? Or is it pulling data from somewhere?

Start with making the entire Database a table. Select all the existing data and Alt+T.

What data about the Weaners are you interested in. The raw data like that? Or some kind of summary?
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Is there Database Sheet manually updated? Or is it pulling data from somewhere?

Start with making the entire Database a table. Select all the existing data and Alt+T.

What data about the Weaners are you interested in. The raw data like that? Or some kind of summary?
the database is manually updated and i'm interested in getting d tag no.,age,room no of every weaner.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by airsaylongcome: 10:56am On May 22, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
the database is manually updated and i'm interested in getting d tag no.,age,room no of every weaner.

Do you know how to use Pivot Tables?
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by mhizcutie(f): 12:25pm On May 22, 2022
Have you tried using lookup?
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by greattybee(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
Good day guys,

As seen in the picture attached, we have tag no column, room number column date of birth, age , CATEGORY e.t.c

I just use the word "challenge" as some other people may also find it challenging

Thanks Fam!

Covert it to an excel table with is dynamic and use vlookup
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by zionema(m): 4:44pm On May 22, 2022
Pivot table should fo the job
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

No, not really
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 5:33pm On May 22, 2022
mhizcutie:
Thanks for ur input, but its beyond look up.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by zionema(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2022
Captainjoe2019:
No, not really
learn pivot table then

1 Like

Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 6:15am On May 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

hi, i figured out how to use pivot table and i got how to filter weaners,thanks /8...but how can i extract/ the filtered data in the pivot table to another sheet?.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by temiyato(m): 8:49pm On May 26, 2022
Use pivot table and thank me later. Thats ur best choice
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by RepoMan007: 9:03pm On May 26, 2022
Problem statement is so vague but I am guessing OP wants to take all rows containing a particular value in a certain column. That sounds like you sorting the data with the column in focus then manually highlight and copy your data to another worksheet.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by zionema(m): 8:33am On May 27, 2022
Captainjoe2019:

hi, i figured out how to use pivot table and i got how to filter weaners,thanks /8...but how can i extract/ the filtered data in the pivot table to another sheet?.
is the pivot table not already in a new sheet??
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Gentleman001: 10:28am On May 27, 2022
What you have to do is advance sorting, convert your data into tabular form.. then do advance sorting base on the criteria you want.
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by jesmond3945: 12:23pm On May 27, 2022
use groupby function in python pandas
Captainjoe2019:
Good day guys,

Thanks Fam!
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2022
zionema:
is the pivot table not already in a new sheet??
It's in a new sheet already but all detaiils i meed for each "tag no" are in a cell only column A
Re: Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst by PumpumPrince: 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
mhizcutie:

how much?

(1) (Reply)

React Styling(experienced Devs needed) / Please I Need Someone To Teach Me Html, Css, Python / What Are Scripting Language And Development Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.