Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? (16451 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by SoapQueen(f): 5:28pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks

Yes, go on LinkedIn and build a reputation and rapport with other professional users.

I know someone working with Schlumberger now. LinkedIn was his lifeblood.

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by FireUpNow(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2022
Unless you an qboki who has families who are politicians and we'll connected. Getting even IT placement in very small companies nor beans come and chop oo. Try your luck sha and with God on your side. But you greedy small or being a contract staff with many oil companies when you haven't gotten one.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by immortalmortal: 5:33pm On May 25, 2022
Ekpeitut:

Laboratory

I was at GIS which became EMIT

2 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by livinbygrace: 5:36pm On May 25, 2022
I know someone who graduated in 1995 as the best graduating student(Geology)from the best University in Nigeria presently and till date no job,all because he was too carried away with oil company palaver.You better go learn work,IT or even trade.
To get work in oil company no be easy thing and if you get connection ,easy does it.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by MumuYorubaBoy: 5:37pm On May 25, 2022
I wish I have the time to really give you advice. You are making some mistakes though.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Elanqy: 5:44pm On May 25, 2022
cry
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by autodevice(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2022
Sure you can
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by highoctane: 5:49pm On May 25, 2022
From ones level 100 whatever your course of study
Open an account with Shell, Mobil, LNG, Total in there Nigeria website, Not Global
For example Shell
Shell.com.ng> Careers> Student and Graduates fill all required options correctly and submit.
Make sure you don't ever lose your signing details.

While still at school, shell will be keeping you informed of when internship is due, what re required for you to be qualified either as a host communities candidate or non host communities.
The earlier you do this the better chance you have to work for these firms especially if you have no insider, you ought to understand many persons have someone who is in need of job.
Please watch less premier league, La Liga etc
As you re at it , see my signature, addition is never a sin

2 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Munzy14(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks
The connection is Importanter grin

Those days in 300level, they gave Dragnet the contract to set test for us who applied for Intern in Exxon...Smh yeye people.. cheesy

Then we were struggling to write, while one of my parley was already working with schlumberger or so..
Schlumberger pays highest for Intern that year...Baba return, where we used to feel how much paid to any intern for six months in school, the figures he wrote pass some lecturers annual.. grin cheesy grin grin

School is good, but will only teach you how to function as an employee..

But, you will learn to be your own boss/employer outside the perimeter fence of tertiary Institution.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by The5DME(m): 6:00pm On May 25, 2022
Cc GboyegaD
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by adajoe555: 6:00pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:

Who do they employ most

Thanks

I did my Internship in Total, most of my I.T colleagues got it without having connection there. One thing they consider is your cgpa before they invite you for aptitute test, although they have slots for there workers and host community too. Just try your luck, you never can tell, you may get it.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by crafteck(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2022
Wait, i will reply later, im still laughing for now

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by LoveNotTheWorld: 6:09pm On May 25, 2022
Try Seplat also. Go to there website and fill the IT form
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by BigDawsNet: 6:17pm On May 25, 2022
If you know God !

That's all you need...
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by BafanaBafana: 6:19pm On May 25, 2022
Even if na fuel station, you still need connection
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by DAwest7: 6:26pm On May 25, 2022
HandsomeHITLER:
grin yeah... You can also become the Managing Director too... No connections needed at all at all. Just smile and show them how handsome you look.
handsome kee u dia
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by naturefellow(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2022
Yes, you can. Especially if you submit your details early.
But don't bank on it. Explore other options too.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by chatinent: 7:09pm On May 25, 2022
hisexcellency34:
If you are a female of course. No need of connection. You clitocurrency will do it for you

Even if you are a female, you'll not get it still.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by olaarie(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2022
Is there any prestigious state University around the South South? Just asking ✌✌✌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by freddie009(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2022
I had a childhood friend who did his IT in Total Elf, VI. I haven't really ask him how he got the slot.

He was promised employment after graduation if he could make a 2.1. Unfortunately, he didn't. Back then in primary and junior secondary school he was damn good, but due to his height he quickly blended with the bad boys.

He started his own safety firm, but things aren't going too smoothly for him.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Jalaw: 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
When I was an undergraduate, I dreamt big like you.
But after NYSC, I knew whatsapp.
I hope you will soon wake up to reality.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by NaijaCars4sale: 7:29pm On May 25, 2022
This will be difficult without connections
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by duduade: 8:00pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:

Who do they employ most

Thanks

Ask on twitter
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Chike4all: 8:22pm On May 25, 2022
My brother let me advice you. I know students build themselves with big dreams, but here's the reality in Nigerian Oil industry;
If you want your purpose of internship is to build your skills as a driller, geologist, mud engineer etc, and probably get big jobs in the future in big IOC's, then listen carefully.
1. Focus more on Oil servicing companies, forget Total and Exxon for now. Concentrate on working for drilling companies like Schlumberger, halliburton, Nest oil, Oilserv, Hamilton, Mi Swaco, etc. They are the companies doing these jobs from survey to drilling till the well produces. Not Total or Mobil which are the clients to the service companies.

2. Your question n0 2 shows you don't know how the field plays. For any Oil company to give you contract in Nigeria you must fulfil the local content requirements. Which requires operating a registered company or working under a registered company, not as an individual.

3. n0 3 question, they can employ any body and train you in any field of operation. Where I work, most mud engineers studied either chemical engineering, geology or petroleum. Even chemistry. Just get ready to be trained or get a certification.

4. For the last question, anyone is needed, your course doesn't matter that much, this is Nigeria, if u have connections, you can get job anywhere.
But professionally, Petroleum engineers has an edge over others because they can work in every aspect of the Oil industry. I mean every operational field from geology, as a driller, as mud engineer, as mud logger, in labs, refining etc. Chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers too have great chances.

Lastly, I don't know the Exxon Mobil you wanna work on, cos the present one is leaving Nigeria & has been bought by SEPLAT. All there contractors has been fired & they're concluding the takeover as I speak. You can try Shell, Total & others,...

Most of these big international Oil companies don't employ inexperienced engineers, unless it's a trainee program which is contract. There main staff are largely highly experienced people from oil servicing companies. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by elpochas: 8:40pm On May 25, 2022
Op let me talk to you like an insider,i read Geology Bt am nt praticing.My man if you dnt hv connection forget abt it.D main truth is dat submitting of C.V to Oil Companies now is tru man knw man.No more online or HR tinz.Its so bad nw dat u get turned back at d gate by d security.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Kendrick80(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2022
Not impossible but very unlikely...
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by theamazonguru(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2022
So this is how you get into Total Energies.
Total has 2 windows of opportunities.
First one is between March $April, you get in and finish by year end.
The second one is between August and Sept, you get in and finish before the next batch resumes in the new year.

Whenever this windows of opportunity come up,the news is released on the intranet.
Any category of staff (Permanent or contract) who has any candidate would download the form, fill it accordingly, get signatures from 2 permanent staff then submit.

If you are lucky to be shortlisted, you will get called for a written test.
Once you pass, you are good to go

Note:
You need to pass that exam.
That one does not require man know man.

The only step that requires man know man, is getting your form submitted.
Once your form is submitted, the rest is on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Mattwillz: 9:33pm On May 25, 2022
See as the thread dry..if na yanch and brezz nw,everbody will comment
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Covenant97(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2022
It seems you know a lot about the oil industry. Please permit my ignorance, i am an accounting student currently in 300level with a good CGPA and I have this desire to one day work in an oil company and even intern but the issue is I do not know how to go about the interning aspect.

Before the advent of the ASUU strike we have been told by my school management that the Accounting student currently,which is my set would undergo an internship program and as such we should start looking for a company to intern.any advice from you would go a long way

PS i school in Bayero university Kano located in Kano, Northern Nigeria. Part of the internship condition is that we are only limited to companies located in Kano as anything outside Kano,the student would be the ones to bear the full cost including supervisors transport and logistics of which I can bear the finance tussle.so I had no choice than to look here in Kano. And I doubt if any oil company both oil servicing company is located here in Kano.but nonetheless your guidiance is all I need.
Chike4all:
My brother let me advice you. I know students build themselves with big dreams, but here's the reality in Nigerian Oil industry;
If you want your purpose of internship is to build your skills as a driller, geologist, mud engineer etc, and probably get big jobs in the future in big IOC's, then listen carefully.
1. Focus more on Oil servicing companies, forget Total and Exxon for now. Concentrate on working for drilling companies like Schlumberger, halliburton, Nest oil, Oilserv, Hamilton, Mi Swaco, etc. They are the companies doing these jobs from survey to drilling till the well produces. Not Total or Mobil which are the clients to the service companies.

2. Your question n0 2 shows you don't know how the field plays. For any Oil company to give you contract in Nigeria you must fulfil the local content requirements. Which requires operating a registered company or working under a registered company, not as an individual.

3. n0 3 question, they can employ any body and train you in any field of operation. Where I work, most mud engineers studied either chemical engineering, geology or petroleum. Even chemistry. Just get ready to be trained or get a certification.

4. For the last question, anyone is needed, your course doesn't matter that much, this is Nigeria, if u have connections, you can get job anywhere.
But professionally, Petroleum engineers has an edge over others because they can work in every aspect of the Oil industry. I mean every operational field from geology, as a driller, as mud engineer, as mud logger, in labs, refining etc. Chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers too have great chances.

Lastly, I don't know the Exxon Mobil you wanna work on, cos the present one is leaving Nigeria & has been bought by SEPLAT. All there contractors has been fired & they're concluding the takeover as I speak. You can try Shell, Total & others,...

Most of these big international Oil companies don't employ inexperienced engineers, unless it's a trainee program which is contract. There main staff are largely highly experienced people from oil servicing companies. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo / Police Officers' Salary Increased By 20%, Approved By FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.