Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? (16491 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by ssogundele(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Why not? You can if you believe it ! Those doing it there are not better than you. Or are they from Mars or Pluto? Send in your letter to them and see wonders if you got the faith
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Bastvista: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
You can
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by genkins(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks

I did my internship at exonnmobil in 2003. We wrote aptitude test. I passed.. And that was it. U don't need to know anybody

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by opymx: 4:54pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks

Yes you can. Keep an eye out for when the IOCs start accepting applications for internship, prepare a good cover letter, your cv, make sure you have good grades.
Acceptance is usually based on merit.
Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by nedekid: 4:55pm On May 25, 2022
HandsomeHITLER:
grin yeah... You can also become the Managing Director too... No connections needed at all at all. Just smile and show them how handsome you look.

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
See the kind of question someone is asking. So it has really got to this extent

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by MrUchenna1(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
give it a try and let us know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Nikkganc08(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:

Who do they employ most

Thanks

Yes you can by the special grace of God almighty.

If u r 'super intelligent' and u follow d right steps, there'd definitely be a slot for u.

Those companies value integrity.
They take in a lot of persons based on MERIT.

Others can come in through slots like "host community considerations/compensation".

And finally, the well connected ones

I wasn't super intelligent. Just average.
I wasn't from a host community.
No connections.

Hence, I didnt get such opportunity when I tried.

Did a lot but it didn't work even though I studied petroleum engineering.

Hopefully, someday... God's light would shine on me.
The needed connection would locate and connect me to place of grace.

But in the meantime, I'm keeping busy/paying off d bills through copywriting , making of telegram bots and trading bots, logo and Flyer design, and sales of premium softwares like: Grammarly premium, Quillbot, Canva pro, turnitin, VPN, etc
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Emma2Seconds: 4:57pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Golan007: 4:58pm On May 25, 2022
discusant:
Back in the 1980s, even NNPC would not take you for NYSC without connection, talk less Exon Mobil then and now. Corruption has been deep-rooted in Nigeria.

I don't agree with this.

As recent as 2005, I know someone who got a job with NNPC without knowing anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by LIGHTROOM: 4:58pm On May 25, 2022
You can not be disconnected to get that kind of opportunity, you have to be connected
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by determination21(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2022
Nna "YOU CAN'T" to intern with their contractors no easy sef.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by macjurek(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2022
Yes,Pray and send your application+ Internship form or letter early.

You will prepare for test,good luck.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by smeag0l(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2022
You can get an internship placement with any of these companies if you have a good grade in school and also if any of them comes to your school to conduct an internship aptitude test in order to select students for internship. You can also get a job with them without knowing anyone. I work for one of these majors in Nigeria although I won't mention the particular one. However,the most important thing you need to focus on now is working on your grammar, diction and tenses as you can't get a placement with any of them with what I read up there unless you're connected to the who-is-who in Nigeria. Also have it in mind that the best you can get as a job with these oil majors , with heavy connections, is a contract position. They don't compromise on quality while recruiting their core staff.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by PermSec01(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
You guys no do well ooo, 89 views with no reply

Plz na����
wat will one say..... Yhu knw it almost like a wish.... And a man can only do little.... Na God yhu suppose carry the matter rest for him hand... Trust am.... Him go do am for yhu.....
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Golan007: 4:59pm On May 25, 2022
Young man, you can get a placement in any of the oil companies without connection ( but not really).

You need to be a scholar - if your HOD or Dean recommends you, based on your CGPA, people tend to respect that and would give you a chance.

If you are an average student, why do you think you should get a place before a scholar?

If you are average then you must be exceptional at something even if it is just sweet talking.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Cromagnon: 5:00pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:

Who do they employ most

Thanks
it's a bit late but you could try asking them to work for free
Everyone likes free labour
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Soulsymbol99: 5:02pm On May 25, 2022
I believe is a rhetorical question
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Golan007: 5:04pm On May 25, 2022

You could be employed as either though you often would be taken as an explorer.

Who do they employ most

Thanks

Oil companies need all skillsets - yet engineers are mostly preferred for their versatility and high numeracy.

Of course, there are more engineering projects going on from pure building and civil works (don't let the name fool you - all engineers are need here) to drilling and operations to facilities, pipeline etc.

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:04pm On May 25, 2022
Common sense....Start to learn French language ASAP.

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Robotboyy(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2022
� studied geology too
I tried getting Exxon Mobil for my siwes too even after writing the amplitude test plus connection didnt still get accepted. Later went for NGSA kaduna which i didnt regret as i got a A for that decision alone

3 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Dpaulie(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2022
No way
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Akinakin6969: 5:15pm On May 25, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
akanbiaa:
How do you get inside the top offices of a high building without being invited and using elevator or stairs after being invited ? Answering this question will give you the reason why the top is not overcrowded, but in all cases there are very few exceptions which we call miracles, like being invited accidentally to the top of the building because you were at the right place at the right time and you did something exceptional that is very rare to see and those sitting at the top will be fascinated to see that unique ability you displayed that their scout accidentally came in touch with you when you were doing it. Hope you get the point ? Even advanced countries with all your skills you need recommedations or reference by others linked directly or indirectly to the Organization but the difference with Nigeria is that if you are good and keep getting better it is just a matter of time you will get noticed by scouts while in Nigeria most scouts are not even looking for extraordinart abilities but managing with what they recommended or their bosses brought it and coping with it. In some few cases the not so good ones becomes serious and learn on the job and becomes an asset, while others outsource basic duties to professionals outside office at more cost and majority just do anyhow they deem fit.
you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by 4four(m): 5:15pm On May 25, 2022
T
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by OboOlora(f): 5:15pm On May 25, 2022
That’s like asking if u can win APC primaries without bribing delegates
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by jojothaiv(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2022
The next nigga below me might be of help.
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Adebaba1(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2022
The honest Truth is you need an insider
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Ekpeitut: 5:21pm On May 25, 2022
Back in 2006, when I did my IT at ExxonMobil Qua Iboe terminal Ibeno, it was possible. You only had to pass the aptitude test which was hellish and almost impossiblegrin.

What you can also do is find local oil services companies that do jobs for Total, Mobil, Shell etc and voila! you're in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by immortalmortal: 5:21pm On May 25, 2022
Yes you can. I know of exxonmobil. They either take you on merit or connection

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by immortalmortal: 5:24pm On May 25, 2022
Ekpeitut:
Back in 2006, when I did my IT at ExxonMobil Qua Iboe terminal Ibeno, it was possible. You only had to pass the aptitude test which was hellish and almost impossiblegrin.

What you can also do is find local oil services companies that do jobs for Total, Mobil, Shell etc and voila! you're in.

I did mine 2005/2006. which department were you in?

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Ekpeitut: 5:26pm On May 25, 2022
immortalmortal:

I did mine 2005/2006. which department were you in?

Laboratory
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Alusiizizi(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:

Who do they employ most

Thanks

Short answer: NO!
Long answer: These companies are highly sought out by fresh graduates, and the sad reality is that graduates less qualified than you are probably going to get the jobs at such companies if they are connected to well placed people.

My Advice: Don't give up your hope to intern at ExxonMobil but at the same time be realistic and expand your options to include less exalted companies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officers' Salary Increased By 20%, Approved By FEC / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo / Man Orphaned At 2, Becomes A Chartered Accountant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.