Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Have You Always Wanted To Know What SEO Is All About? Find Out... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Always Wanted To Know What SEO Is All About? Find Out... (225 Views)

10 Top Reasons On Why Seo Is Important For Business / Why On-page SEO Is Important / I Have Always Wanted To Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Always Wanted To Know What SEO Is All About? Find Out... by Salmakhub(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2022
In this post, I will explain to you what SEO is all about, the different search engines, the major types of SEO and their examples...

What is SEO?

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) refers to the process or factors affecting the ranking of a site page on a search engine. These search engines include:
Google: The most used of all the search engines with about 90% of users, all around the world.
Bing
Yahoo
Yandex: Majorly used in Russia
Baidu: Majorly used in China

Depending on your target audience, search engines other than Google can be used for SEO. It is therefore advisable that you understand at least the basics of these other search engines.

So, SEO generally involves any factor, no matter how small/ insignificant it might be, that helps your web page rank on the search engine result page when a search query is inputted.
Mind you, SEO is completely organic.

Before going further, you should know what SERP is; SERP which is in full Search Engine Result Page refers to the page displaying the results of a search query on a search engine.

You should also know that I'll be using Google as the SEO search engine study throughout my articles,

Okay…so,
SEO is generally divided into two:
On-page SEO
Off-page SEO

On-Page SEO:

This refers to optimizing your individual web page, helping you rank higher on Google, that is, any step you take, any activity you perform from your site to boost your SEO ranking is On-Page SEO. Increasing your page load speed, structuring your page content, optimizing your page results on SERP, site security, and even more…are all examples of On-Page SEO.

Off-Page SEO:

This refers to boosting your SEO page ranking from social media or other pages/sites outside your website. It majorly involves link building,

In conclusion, SEO refers to any site ranking process or technique on search engines like Google, and be it on-page or off-page, an excellent SEO optimization strategy would guarantee your site; authority, quality traffic, and conversions.

If you have any questions as regards Digital Marketing and you want clarification, just send a private message. See Bio for Link.

If you want to fast track your Digital Marketing Journey, I have Complete Premium course I'll give you for 100% Free.

To get it today, Check my Signature for Contact Detail now.

(1) (Reply)

Mactay Sales Academy / Nigerian Army Recruits On Training Video / Are You Looking For Car Dealership In Winston Salem NC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.