Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Attn: Siena Others (engine Immobilizer Fault On Peugeot 406 Prestige) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Attn: Siena Others (engine Immobilizer Fault On Peugeot 406 Prestige) (3056 Views)

Peugeot 406 EW10 Engine Against EW12 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / Please Help Me With Info About Peugeot 406 Prestige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attn: Siena Others (engine Immobilizer Fault On Peugeot 406 Prestige) by greyBERRY: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2011
I drive a Peugeot 406 Prestige 2000 model. Three weeks ago, I came back home and parked, the following morning when I tried to start the car, it started to flash "Engine Immobilizer Fault" on the display and has refused to start ever since.

I have invited to Auto electrician and Auto mechanics since then, but they all seemed to be clueless as me, one even suggesting that I change the engine.

Has any one had a similar experience or know anyone that can help me resolve this problem? You experience, contacts, advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Attn: Siena Others (engine Immobilizer Fault On Peugeot 406 Prestige) by Ikenna351(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2011
What does the engine Immobilizer got to do with replacing the engine?! shocked angry These clowns here in Nigeria that call themselves mechanics and rewires. Run for your dear life.

The problem with the car is pure electrical. If the electric wouldnt power the relays, sensors and finally ECU, no Jupiter will make that engine to run. If your car security system becomes faulty (which is electrical), your ECU wont run the Injectors, etc. I think 406 ECUs have inbuilt Immobilizer (am not sure). If that is the fault, borrow ECU from another 406 Prestige and try. Or you find the car immobilzer and disconnect it.

It could even be a minor electrical fault, that wont have anything to do with the ECU. Do you have the 406 workshop manual and wiring diagram? If not, try to get one, to save yourself from the "Clowns" that will kill your car, in the name of trial and error. The manual will show you how to troubleshoot your car electrics and the location of electrical components in the car. It wil also tell you where and what to check, replace or do when the car is having various faulty smyptoms. You wont need any rewire again to diagnose your car if you have the car workshop manual.

Ikenna.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vintage Mercedes Benz(Photos) / Help Needed On My Crashed Nissan Maxima / Pros And Cons Of Installing A Turbocharger In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.