Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi (38319 Views)

Tinubu Meets Osinbajo In Abuja (Pictures) / PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Osibajo2023: 8:14am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
It is now very clear to everyone that Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria, but the chances are high he won't be chosen. Like we all know, the annointed candidate is either Osibanjo or Amaechi, and to me, it is Osinbajo. The Buhari I know doesnt forgive betrayal and reckless talk. That audio tape of Amaechi that Omokri released is what will kill him. I didnt expect Osinbajo to contest after Tinubu came out, so, I have a strong believe Buhari told him to move on.

If Tinubu doesnt agree, it will be tough because the President has Kaduna, Katsina, and most other states with him. All he needs to do is to call the governors who will change the minds of the delegates. Only Kano and some other states wont. And the battle in SW is tough too. The president may get Ogun and Ekiti, and Oyo.

Amaechi himself knows he has no chance except he is a consensus candidate. Even Osinbajo too knows it that he cannot beat Tinubu.

Take note that the party is already talking about reconciliation. Lol. They have got it wrong. They are about stopping on the toe of Tinubu, and this man will never forgive them. Trust me, it is either Tinubu or APC is gone. Cos at least 1/4 of the loyal partners of Tinubu in the north will go with Tinubu if he quits APC. And all the rest (yes....all the rest) will join him later after 2023 election if he happens to set up another powerful party. I see Kwankwaso's party partnering with Tinubu and they will definitely beat APC in 2027 ....for sure.

Guys, I see APC collapsing if Buhari goes ahead with his plan. Buhari is returning to the old northern strong leader as he is about losing SW and SS, and he is not liked in SE. APC may win 2023, no doubt even Tinubu is not the consensus candidate, but Tinubu will kill it in 2027 for sure.

The death of APC is around except Tinubu becomes the president, and this is very unlikely. Buhari is likely going to betray him, but this is the end of Buhari himself also..if I was Buhari, I wouldn't stand in the way of Tinubu. Nope. This will make him very powerful. This will be Obasanjo-Yaradua made in heaven partnership. But if Buhari allows his people to destroy this partnership, the dynastic of Buhari is over. And mark my words, Tinubu will be extremely powerful once again..though, he may have to bury his ambition of becoming the president, but he will destroy APC and Buhari.
gibberish, Tinubu is hated by many people, if he leaves APC that is the end of him, u r talking of 2027, who told u tinubu will still be active
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 8:15am On May 22, 2022
Forzs:

https://punchng.com/apc-aspirants-may-opt-for-consensus-as-buhari-meets-osinbajo-tinubu-amaechi-others/?amp
“The President has a candidate. How to present the idea to the likes of Tinubu will be the challenge,”

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by gaskiyamagana: 8:17am On May 22, 2022
Buddha3:

Even more trash from an inconsequential buffoon. While the bulk of the pain stays in you, the question (to which we all know the answer) remains, has Tinubu continually enjoyed the individual privilege of picking and annointing Governorship candidates in Lagos since he finished his own Governance tenure, or not? Is Tinubu not considered the Godfather of modern day governance and "democracy" in Lagos? Did Ambode not lose his second term bid simply because he deviated from Tinubu's script? Was Sanwo-Olu not annointed to replace Ambode by the same Tinubu?

If you do not have logical contradictions to these well known facts, shut up and cry in your own dark corner!

Idiot!

What is logical in the above as a response to what you comment on:
" ..... has he ever forced other governorship aspirants to accept consensus in Lagos APC.....".
In other words, let Buhari used his position to win primary for his judascariot candidate as Tinubu has been using his position to win primaries for his candidates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sannisege: 8:21am On May 22, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

What is logical in the above as a response to what you comment on:
" ..... has he ever forced other governorship aspirants to accept consensus in Lagos APC.....".
In other words, let Buhari used his position to win primary for his judascariot candidate as Tinubu has been using his position to win primaries for his candidates.
Don’t mind him. He’s too dull to get the point.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by CaptainFM1: 8:24am On May 22, 2022
kenbee:
My instinct tells me that:
Tinubu owns the Delegates,
Amaechi owns the Consensus
While Osibanjo has the magic wand.

I'm having this feelings that GYB will pull a surprise on everyone.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Donedeal1(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2022
What goes around comes around,

At APC convention what happened?

During Lagos state election what's the criteria.

2019 election how far?.

So BAT it's too late to cry,when the head is already off,

Prepare option 2 and get ready for activation.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 8:30am On May 22, 2022
Malory:
Amaechi is Buhari's choice. Tinubu is just wasting his loot

Then PDP will have a smooth ride. No other APC candidate has the structure of Jagaban and none of them sacrificed as much. If it isn't Tinubu, good news for PDP. I know Buhari isn't stupid though and papers must sell their market so, I do not believe this hearsay news.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Corporate2020: 8:30am On May 22, 2022
Only Tinubu wants an open primary, all the other idiots want consensus. Is that democracy? In the general elections, will you tell Nigerians that we should choose the president by consensus? Lazy scared fools.

If you bring any undemocratic coup to scheme out Tinubu, then we will show you why Tinubu is called the Jagaban Borgu. We will pull the rug under the feet of APC, and APC will die a natural death, just as we did to the Afenifere party AD when the old men handed the party structure to Obasanjo in 2003.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by perez100: 8:34am On May 22, 2022
If any political party can adopt consensus to allow a serving president to complete his second term, then you have no right to say that there is no consensus in APC Constitution

Why adopting consensus for a serving president when there are other aspirants that have interest to contest? So, nothing like "it's not in APC Constitution" because we have equal rights in the constitution. By giving consensus to a serving president, then consensus candidate is allowed in APC.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sannisege: 8:38am On May 22, 2022
perez100:
If any political party can adopt consensus to allow a serving president to complete his second term, then you have no right to say that there is no consensus in APC Constitution

Why adopting consensus for a serving president when there are other aspirants that have interest to contest? So, nothing like "it's not in APC Constitution" because we have equal rights in the constitution. By giving consensus to a serving president, then consensus candidate is allowed in APC.
keyword is serving president. Is any serving president contesting now?
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by LordVarys1: 8:40am On May 22, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Tinubu has always imposed his candidates to become governors in Lagos. Don’t know why he is now rejecting what he openly practice in Lagos.
grin
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Olowosaudi(m): 8:49am On May 22, 2022
What goes around comes around. It will be nemesis if the dictator of Lagos doesn't come out victorious in this primaries. I can't fault Buhari if he chooses a candidate of his choice to hand over to in 2023. Obj did it twice in 1979 and 2003, heaven did not fall.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by yomi531(m): 8:50am On May 22, 2022
davido2017:
Osinbanjo will be pick by APC and Amaechi will agree to be is vice, this have seen.
President and vice cannot come from the south. Its always South/North or North/ South
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by ebufa: 8:50am On May 22, 2022
emkz:
I am for Tinubu.

If the President forces him to step down, then I'd suggest he steps down, but ensures the APC loses the 2023 elections.

It is only in Nigeria someone will work hard, but would be edged out because someone else is favoured. We saw it in 2006/2007, when Peter Odili, Donald Duke and serious contenders were forced to step down.

Look at all the work Tinubu has been doing, how else can one demonstrate his readiness to run for office?

If PDP gets their primaries right by giving the ticket to a strong candidate (not a recurring candidate), they are at a vantage position to win power if APC bungles their own primaries.

I pray Peter Obi gets the PDP ticket. In APC, the strongest candidate is Tinubu. Why not let the primaries go on?

karma has happened to Tinubu, oh he now wants an open contest because he has the dollars stolen from Lagos for 22years to bribe his way abi? This is the same man that has been forcing his anointed on other contestants for years in the southwest........Tinubu is toast......anyway SDP is there for him nah!
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by EmeraldJD: 8:51am On May 22, 2022
Anybody but Atiku and Tinibu. We are tired of old names.. Let's have new actors in our national politics.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by maasoap(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2022
Can Buhari open his mouth and tell his Messiah to step down for shorty who betrayed both of them? APC candidate is Tinubu, either primary election or consensus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Jimasun: 8:57am On May 22, 2022
Corporate2020:
Only Tinubu wants an open primary, all the other idiots want consensus. Is that democracy? In the general elections, will you tell Nigerians that we should choose the president by consensus? Lazy scared fools.

If you bring any undemocratic coup to scheme out Tinubu, then we will show you why Tinubu is called the Jagaban Borgu. We will pull the rug under the feet of APC, and APC will die a natural death, just as we did to the Afenifere party AD when the old men handed the party structure to Obasanjo in 2003.
Tinubu used consensus to imposed Omisore on APC SW. Just dream on
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Enumerator(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2022
cheesy
Salvador1:
As long as it's not Tinubu.

Tinubu shot himself by exposing his weak point.
Imagine daring bubu for a fight if his lifetime ambition is not met.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by maasoap(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2022
Salvador1:
As long as it's not Tinubu.

Tinubu shot himself by exposing his weak point.
[s] Imagine daring bubu for a fight if his lifetime ambition is not met. [/s]

Bubu was a serial loser and crying crying baby until Tinubu came to his rescue, he shouldn't forget that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Tboymessiah(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2022
autodevice:
I see problem brewing in Apc. Tinubu was deliberately absent because he has an inkling on the subject of the meeting, which isn't in his favour. Party defection loading, which will definitely split Apc's votes.

Dem never do de meeting
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by maasoap(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2022
Jestin:
Osibanjo is our choice but I will choose Amaechi over shaking shaking grandpa anytime.

Tinubu is the nightmare of every opposition, we knew that. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by cobsol(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2022
Throwback:
Only failures need anointing oil.

The only serious candidate is very much interested in a democratic contest.

No food for lazy man, no ticket for political nonentity.

E pain ammmmm!

“The President has a candidate. How to present the idea to the likes of Tinubu will be the challenge,” he added.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Jimasun: 9:01am On May 22, 2022
maasoap:

Bubu was a serial loser and crying crying baby until Tinubu came to his rescue, he shouldn't forget that.
Why didn't Tinubu do same for Atiku in 2007? Bubu came with 12 million votes.
Yes, Tinubu played a role but Tinubu was also a regional/local champion before Bubu gave him 12 million votes.
Una no dey tire.
Support Osinbajo or Peter Obi if you want Nigeria to progress.
Don't vote a senile person as president. Atiku and Tinubu has nothing to offer
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by InoGetJoy: 9:02am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
It is now very clear to everyone that Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria, but the chances are high he won't be chosen. Like we all know, the annointed candidate is either Osibanjo or Amaechi, and to me, it is Osinbajo. The Buhari I know doesnt forgive betrayal and reckless talk. That audio tape of Amaechi that Omokri released is what will kill him. I didnt expect Osinbajo to contest after Tinubu came out, so, I have a strong believe Buhari told him to move on.

If Tinubu doesnt agree, it will be tough because the President has Kaduna, Katsina, and most other states with him. All he needs to do is to call the governors who will change the minds of the delegates. Only Kano and some other states wont. And the battle in SW is tough too. The president may get Ogun and Ekiti, and Oyo.

Amaechi himself knows he has no chance except he is a consensus candidate. Even Osinbajo too knows it that he cannot beat Tinubu.

Take note that the party is already talking about reconciliation. Lol. They have got it wrong. They are about stopping on the toe of Tinubu, and this man will never forgive them. Trust me, it is either Tinubu or APC is gone. Cos at least 1/4 of the loyal partners of Tinubu in the north will go with Tinubu if he quits APC. And all the rest (yes....all the rest) will join him later after 2023 election if he happens to set up another powerful party. I see Kwankwaso's party partnering with Tinubu and they will definitely beat APC in 2027 ....for sure.

Guys, I see APC collapsing if Buhari goes ahead with his plan. Buhari is returning to the old northern strong leader as he is about losing SW and SS, and he is not liked in SE. APC may win 2023, no doubt even Tinubu is not the consensus candidate, but Tinubu will kill it in 2027 for sure.

The death of APC is around except Tinubu becomes the president, and this is very unlikely. Buhari is likely going to betray him, but this is the end of Buhari himself also..if I was Buhari, I wouldn't stand in the way of Tinubu. Nope. This will make him very powerful. This will be Obasanjo-Yaradua made in heaven partnership. But if Buhari allows his people to destroy this partnership, the dynastic of Buhari is over. And mark my words, Tinubu will be extremely powerful once again..though, he may have to bury his ambition of becoming the president, but he will destroy APC and Buhari.
All you said might've made sense of Buhari and Tinubu had any plans of remaining in active politics after 2023, which is very unlikely. They'll, at best, be elder statemen
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sannisege: 9:03am On May 22, 2022
ebufa:

karma has happened to Tinubu, oh he now wants an open contest because he has the dollars stolen from Lagos for 22years to bribe his way abi? This is the same man that has been forcing his anointed on other contestants for years in the southwest........Tinubu is toast......anyway SDP is there for him nah!
Baba make them do the primaries first nah. Abi you be cheetah wey dey jump?
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Jimasun: 9:03am On May 22, 2022
maasoap:
Can Buhari open his mouth and tell his Messiah to step down for shorty who betrayed both of them? APC candidate is Tinubu, either primary election or consensus
Who betrayed who? Are you alright or you don't know what you are saying.
Continue to be a slave to Tinubu o.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by cobsol(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2022
iamyemiakins:
Tinubu heart go don dey do gbim gbim massively like that grin

You can't be imposing candidates on the people in Lagos state and some other SW states and not allow Buhari impose his own at his level.

No go area for Tinubu and Atiku, awon olè gbogbo

You just. Killed it

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sannisege: 9:05am On May 22, 2022
Jimasun:

Why didn't Tinubu do same for Atiku in 2007? Bubu came with 12 million votes.
Yes, Tinubu played a role but Tinubu was also a regional/local champion before Bubu gave him 12 million votes.
Una no dey tire.
Support Osinbajo or Peter Obi if you want Nigeria to progress.
Don't vote a senile person as president. Atiku and Tinubu has nothing to offer
Tell us Osinbajo and Obi’s achievements so that we can support them.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by wonder233: 9:08am On May 22, 2022
See what this slowpoke is saying: a man should be president because "he has been moving round the country", because "no politician is as strong as him"... Incredible! We really deserve the kind of leaders we get in this country sha! Oga, I don't give a fig if he has moved round the moon, I and millions of Nigerians don't want a chronic thief, greedy, power chasing, sickly mannequin as president! My future and that of my kids matters most to me than any tribal loyalty. Geddifock with your tin god
emkz:

I can accept you make submissions without showing lack of coordination. I can also not accept gay comments.

If you read my comment without thinking of hairy anus, you'd see that I insinuated that he works in terms of securing the party ticket. He has been moving round the country to meet people; and then with one word, you are asking him to step down?

If you have an inch of a brain, is that fair?

You claimed he pocketed the revenue of a state, I won't comment on this because I like to believe that you are probably more intelligent than this.

You further claimed he divided the South along ethnic lines. Can you explain how?

Then you claimed I hate Ibos. That is a dumb thing to say.

Why do Ibos think they are hated? I mostly think it is a wrong perception. I doubt if the SouthWest hate Ibos. My advise to Ibos is align with yourselves and fellow Southerners, and build a power bloc. Right now, you don't have a politician as strong as Tinubu in your region. Once you see one emerging, you pull him down. Your leaders cannot talk to you. You killed soldiers going for their marriage and beheaded their bodies. You just beheaded a state assembly member. You kill your own bright stars. You declare sit at home... Who are you hurting? Then you come and say we hate the Ibos. We only pity people like you, because you have what it takes to be great. Your self imagined hatred is the albatross to your own emancipation.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Reference(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Five paragraphs of talk that has not profit for the common man whatsoever.
I keep on asking.
What is the function of democracy and what has it done to move this country forward and upwards.
You chaps just love to waste your time on meaningless postulations while your counterparts in other climes are all about what they stand to gain from it.
Can we get serious for once about this thing.
The average politician is weakening by the day in the power equation and will be at his weakest point on the day of elections while the average man will be stronger than he will ever be on that day.

You will thus expect all talk amongst citizens at this time and going forward to be about capitalizing on their weakened states to extract plans, programs, policies, and an analysis of who will do what or who cannot do what for the country and its citizens, but I guess that is too hard for us.

It is a lot easier to laze around and analyse them like teams and players before a football match in far away lands where you simply cannot control the outcome.

Just sad.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by techWriter3: 9:11am On May 22, 2022
Hehehehehe politicians in the dirt
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Zeemam: 9:14am On May 22, 2022
Osinbajo is the man to follow no cap

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack / Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers / Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.