Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode (3226 Views)

Femi Aribisala: Buhari Is A Ticking Time Bomb With A Dangerous Agenda / Buhari Is Sitting On A Time Bomb / Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by ow11(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2008
@eziachi

this your story of saro wiwa and Clark bungling Biafra is unfounded. Ojukwu took a people to war without weapons and expected to win. How? Then you turn around and blame two Ijaw men, AMAZING!

@Ibime

i agree with Tex on the issue of corrupt local leaders ( ODILI ) but also agree with you on the need for the FG to look into the issue honestly and not look for how they will gain financially from the chaos.
Re: South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by Eziachi: 7:23pm On May 19, 2008
ow11:

@eziachi

this your story of saro wiwa and Clark bungling Biafra is unfounded. Ojukwu took a people to war without weapons and expected to win. How? Then you turn around and blame two Ijaw men, AMAZING!

@Ibime

i agree with Tex on the issue of corrupt local leaders ( ODILI ) but also agree with you on the need for the FG to look into the issue honestly and not look for how they will gain financially from the chaos.

Clarke/Wiwa, I am saying they acted alone but their actions typified what happened. As for Ojukwu going to war without weapon, only you can explain why it then took those with weapons 3 years in the midst of air/sea/land blockage and hunger to defeat the weaponless? No amount of weapon would had been enough considering the size/strength of the opposition fully backed by two super powers of Britain/Soviet Union, plus the likes of Egypt.
If you can refer me to any statement or document where Ojukwu or Biafra declared war on Nigeria, I will like to see it. Not even the most weak will not defend himself under attack and Biafran is not an exception. South East assembly/Ojukwu was acting on Aburi agreement signed by Gowon.

As for your consultation, Biafra wasn't declare in whim just one sunny morning, it took time and was debated inside the Eastern house of parliament and was overwelmingly approved and not by Ojukwu as people like you seems to distort. People like Okoko Ndem, Phillip Effiong and Alfred Kogbara plus many others served in various capacities in Biafra and non of them are Igbos. The likes of Edwin Clarke knew their reasons and has nothing to do with consultations. As I kept asking where is Clarke today? To assert that you sided with Nigeria to avoid been dominated by the Igbos is unbelievable. Niger Deltan had lived peacefully for a thousand years with Igbos even before the arrival of the white or contact with the rest that make up Nigeria.

Many Ijaws has Igbo links either through birth or marriage. The greatest Ijaw king in King Jaja of Opobo was an Igbo man, if you had forgotten. So, to then think that you are better off or more comfortable with Hausa/Fulani than your Igbo cousins is far beyond belief. Well events after the war till this day has prove you wrong. As you can't say now that you are living in paradise now inside the Nigerian basket case.

If Nigeria came war to liberate Niger Delta then as we are now been told, so who are they liberating now they killing Igbos/MASSOB members since Niger Delta is not presently part of the plan?
Re: South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by ow11(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2008
@Eziachi

If you go through my posts properly you'll see that I am not in any way saying the Ijaws have a better deal under the current situation than if Biafra succeeded. that is your postulation. The issue of ND has a lot to do with corruption of its rulers and the rulers of Nigeria rather than if Igbos had won an unplanned war.

Now to the war,Ojukwu was aware that declaration of independence would lead to war. The British government readily fed the Nigerian Army with small arms and the Igbo soldiers were able to keep the Nigerians at bay with the same tactics the Iraqi insurgents and the Vietnamese soldiers used on the Americans.

It is my personal opinion that If Ojukwu really had the support of the soviet union as you insist, maybe he would have been successful. The Nigerian Army didnt even have a strategy with all the weapons they had. It is on record ( there is a video on youtube made by the BBC on the war) that more small arms were used by the Nigerian Army during that war than what was used throughout the 2nd world war.That is why I believe Clarke and his friends had nothing to do with Ojukwu losing the war.

Many Ijaws today are Ibo migrants ( Okrika , Bonny, Buguma and Opobo have a sizeable popluation that can trace their origins to present day Abia and Imo states). It should be so because communities with borders should mix by trade links or marriage.
Re: South South: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by ezeagu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2009
The bomb is now going off!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome To The New World Order Nigeria. / National Good Governance tour town hall meeting in nasarawa(Live) / Meet The Man Who’s ‘been To Heaven 4 Times’: He’s Met Jesus, Moses Draws Map Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.