Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria (227 Views)

People Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen And List Of Attacks This Weekend / Shehu Sani: 10 Pastors Are Among 14 People Kidnapped In Niger / Names Of 21 People Kidnapped In Yakila, Rafi, Niger By Bandits (Picture, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by TheSANews: 8:25am On May 22, 2022
In the first quarter, a total of 1827 people were kinapped in Nigeria, while 3859 deaths were attributable to insecurity. The North still stays clear of the South in its share of the surge in insecurity in Nigeria.

From explosions to kidnapping, Nigerians are fast becoming an endangered species in Sub-Saharan Africa. Although, according to HumAngle, N1 trillion was allocated for defense operations in 2022, the country still suffers from proscribed terrorist groups and bandits across the nation. StatiSense, a data company based in Nigeria, gives insight into the geographic demographics of these attacks.

According to StatiSense, the North West and North Central are the major geopolitical regions where these crimes were perpetrated. The North accounted for 89.5% (1635) of all kidnappees in Nigeria, a staggering 545:64 ratio compared to the South, which accounted for 192. Surprisingly, the North East, which has been a base for terrorist attacks for the last decade, had only 4.46% of the northern kidnapees, unlike the North West and North Central, which topped the list with 837 and 725 kidnapees, respectively.

Considering the North West, the Abuja-Kaduna railway attack is a symbolic example of the deteriorated state of Kaduna’s security. The infamous attack was responsible for the deaths of eight Nigerians and kidnap of 168 passengers. The Abuja-Kaduna motor route bears the same gospel; news and video coverages have depicted the route as one for those as bold as Beauchamp. In addition, Katsina, and Zamfara were also part of the top 3 states with the highest number of kidnapees, all belonging to the North West.

Similarly, Niger State in the North Central continues to be identified in mainstream media with indiscriminate attacks on already improvished communities. Within the first 17 days of the first quarter, the Governor of the state, Sani Bello, stated that 300 communities had been attacked in Niger States and that 220 people had been killed while 200 were kidnapped, which included 3 Chinese expatriates. Sadly, these are just one of the many attacks that plague the state. Notwithstanding, it was also reported that the two most peaceful states in the country were Nassarawa and Gombe, which both belong to the North Central and North East respectively.

As a country which is already known for its notorious corruption and deteriorated sense of morals, the insecurity in the country will mitigate its development and probably deter future investors or expatriates from investing their time and money in a volatile security zone.

https://thesanews.com/p/insecurity-1635-people-kidnapped-in-northern-nigeria/
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Anthonypens247(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2022
This is Nigeria; look at how we are living now. cry cry

1 Share

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Painintheass221: 8:39am On May 22, 2022
On Tinubus manhood I stand
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by successmatters(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2022
According to my northern friends, these 1,635 northerners are not as important as one single man kidnapped in Anambra.

Such a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by AntiBMC(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2022
North doesn't count...only the East and IPOB are important subjects for discourse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Urheadmaster(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2022
successmatters:
According to my northern friends, these 1,635 northerners are not as important as one single man kidnapped in Anambra.

Such a pity.
We all know that kidnapping in the north is a pure business among the people of northern states undecided
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Jostoman: 9:56am On May 22, 2022
These are one of the things they want to use religion issue to cover and to change the mind of northern youths before 2023 election. APC is really desperate for sympathy vote from northerners.
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On May 22, 2022
AntiBMC:
North doesn't count...only the East and IPOB are important subjects for discourse.

Please explain how secession would have stopped the kidnapping
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by successmatters(m): 10:06am On May 22, 2022
LordVoldermort:

Insecurity is like cancer. Nnamdi Kanu didn't want Igbos infected with the diseases of the Egyptians.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 10:25am On May 22, 2022
Can we simply divide the country and go our separate ways??

You get me AK47 to protect my papa land and still pay me salary every month. That's STATE POLICE.

Dem no born any Fulani terrorists to come take over my land from me.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by AntiBMC(m): 1:22pm On May 22, 2022
LordVoldermort:

As ur student or ur lecturer? I don't have that luxury of wasting my time explaining things to someone, who would just go ahead and believe what he wants to believe anyway. Rest.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 22, 2022
AntiBMC:

As ur student or ur lecturer? I don't have that luxury of wasting my time explaining things to someone, who would just go ahead and believe what he wants to believe anyway. Rest.

I thought so, you can't explain it because there's nothing to explain
Re: Insecurity: 1635 People Kidnapped In Northern Nigeria by AntiBMC(m): 3:31pm On May 22, 2022
LordVoldermort:

I thought so, you can't explain it because there's nothing to explain

Whatever floats your boat. Me nd you no get talk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wike Dissolves Cabinet, Sacks Chief Of Staff, Aide / According To The Book Of Rocha's Son Of Okorocha Chapter 4 Verse 1-9 / Senator Garba Lado Wins PDP Guber Primaries In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.