Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" (762 Views)

Watch List: Fayose Replies EFCC / I’m Still Governor Of Ekiti State, Fayose Replies Fayemi / Fayose Replies Yahaya Bello On Monopoly Of Stupidity Comment (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by press9jatv: 9:26am On May 22, 2022
Fayose replies his former Deputy, counsels him "not to forget history that soon"

21st May, 2022.

His Excellency,
Prof Kolapo Olusola-Eleka,
Former Deputy Governor,
Ekiti State,
Ikere Ekiti.

My Dear Brother and Follower,

RE: NOTIFICATION OF WITHDRAWAL FROM SENATORIAL CONTEST; I WASN'T DECEITFUL AND ARROGANT IN 2014 AND 2018 WHEN I CHOOSE YOU AS DEPUTY, GUBER CANDIDATE

I read your outburst in your letter to the National Chairman of our party, the PDP, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, on the withdrawal of your Senatorial aspiration for Ekiti South.

As my former Deputy and follower, a self-professed “Aremo Osoko,” even though I feel strongly that I should not join issues with you, it is important to set the records straight, especially on your use of words like deceitful and arrogant in addressing my person, which is highly regrettable.

Most importantly, as a political follower and a Professor of repute, I feel you should not forget history that soon, by allowing yourself to be taken over by emotions such that you will speak ill of a man you once called your "greatest political leader."

Have you forgotten that you were in the classroom when I brought you to be my deputy in 2014 without being part of my emergence as PDP candidate? This is aside the fact that you were unknown to anyone in the party then.

Then, I was not deceitful and arrogant, but the best if I may quote you rightly.

Recall it was condition precedent that we will leave office together in 2018. Rather than leaving with you, I endorsed you as PDP Governorship candidate and by the grace of God, you emerged the candidate against all odds and interests. I became the enemy of those who were opposed to your emergence as candidate without being tagged as deceitful and arrogant.

I also worked tirelessly for your election as governor, and you know that you are not the governor of Ekiti State today, not because we lost the election.

Then, I was to you, the greatest among leaders.

Unfortunately in 2022, for reasons known to you, you missed the privilege of being endorsed as I did in 2018, part of what earned me your new title of deceitful and arrogant.

I have become a man you openly disparage, forgetting that everyday is not Christmas.

However, I consider this as prize for leadership. Nonetheless, all necessary lessons learnt.

Interestingly, the public you intend to get their sympathy against me are no fools. They certainly have a sense of history.

Eleka, as I always call you, I think it is time you do a soul searching and ask yourself what went wrong.

Finally, let me state that my love for you goes beyond political followership and my doors shall remain open for you always. I wish you well.

Best wishes.

Ayo Fayose
Governor, Ekiti State
(2003 - 2006 and 2014 - 2018)

CC:
1. All Members of PDP National Working Committee (NWC)

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Mooh247: 9:29am On May 22, 2022
Oshokomole... We miss this troublesome man

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Anthonypens247(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2022
H
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by press9jatv: 9:37am On May 22, 2022
Ayo fayose don speak up.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by press9jatv: 9:37am On May 22, 2022
Cc mynd44 cc lalasticlala cc fynestboi cc OAM4j
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by SarkinYarki: 9:44am On May 22, 2022
Very mature

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by tommy589(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2022
I wonder why no second thought before rubbishing past favours

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Jostoman: 9:45am On May 22, 2022
Fayose we are with you

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by dawnomike(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2022
Professor Eleka lost it with fayose after dining with Gov. Makinde

1 Like

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by omowolewa: 9:53am On May 22, 2022
Fayose must have written this personally

1 Like

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Urheadmaster(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2022
These ewedu soup and eba governor that year loved by his people because he cares more about stomach infrastructure during his tenure.

He can never smell Aso Rock tongue
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by JAMO84: 9:56am On May 22, 2022
In Nigerians politics, loyalty lasts as long as favour, when favour stops coming, loyalty and respect dies immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by BigRocky: 9:58am On May 22, 2022
Politics Sha

Fayose must have shared a little tears writing this.

I felt his emotions reading the letter
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by ganye1: 10:03am On May 22, 2022
Personally I don't like Fayose but I must admit that what Eleka did is the height of ungratefulness.
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by EmeraldJD: 10:08am On May 22, 2022
I thought Fayose bought presidential nomination form.
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by OneCandleAway(f): 10:13am On May 22, 2022
The was false campaigned for Eleka was too much. No former governor ever put in much effort like he did. Ekeka should be grateful and go back to teaching. He's a light weight.
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Bobloco: 10:41am On May 22, 2022
omowolewa:
Fayose must have written this personally

You are right

If this was written by Lere Olayinka, it would have been laced with insults

1 Like

Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by adigun27: 10:51am On May 22, 2022
Member Plss nigeria problem we just have to laff it away follow my comedy page https://fb.watch/d9Lc70oISd/
Re: Fayose Replies His Former Deputy, Counsels Him "Not To Forget History That Soon" by Bibors(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2022
Fayoshe have acted very maturely in this response.

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Showkey Kicks Off Dance Campaign For Peter Obi (video) / Video Of Peter Obi Being Honored By LBSAA In 2014, He Saw Tomorrow.. / Just In: UK, US Warn Residents Against Travel Near Kuje Prison, 19 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.