Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today (262 Views)

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2022
I didn't see any form of protest today in Ibadan, I was even invited to a church program by someone but the pastor never mentioned anything like that.

CAN had last week directed all churches to hold peaceful protest nationwide on may 22nd as a way of expressing their displeasure over deborah's gruesome murder and the endless circle of religious violence in the north.

Disobeying such directive is not good for christendom and Christians facing persecution

Did CAN later call off the protest?

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2022
We should allow this ugly incident to fade away, just like that.

I don't like the way and manner both the Sokoto and federal government are handling the issue, they've not sent any delegation to Deborah's family
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by Malory: 3:45pm On May 22, 2022
CAN is all about intake. As in anything for their bottomless pockets. Since the protest won't yield any money they jettisoned it in exchange for collecting tithes today
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:46pm On May 22, 2022
Christians and their empty noise..all they know how to do is pray to a lifeless God.. y'all still waiting for some organization to tell you what to do? undecided

Defend yaself and stop waiting on an imaginary creature..
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
Malory:
CAN is all about intake. As in anything for their bottomless pockets. Since the protest won't yield any money they jettisoned it in exchange for collecting tithes today
this will come back to hurt them
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by Zonefree(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Christians and their empty noise..all they know how to do is pray to a lifeless God.. y'all still waiting for some organization to tell you what to do? undecided

May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by Malory: 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
this will come back to hurt them
Do they care? I don't think so
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

lol, you've started again.
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2022
Malory:
Do they care? I don't think so
I will never take them serious on anything again
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:51pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:

May God have mercy on your soul.
What's that? undecided
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:51pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
lol, you've started again.
Huh?
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Huh?
You are not tired of bashing cheesy
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:53pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
You are not tired of bashing cheesy
Who did I bash? cry
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:54pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Who did I bash? cry
lol, I mean being bashed by people cheesy
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:57pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
lol, I mean being bashed by people cheesy
It's normal..that's what people know how to do best tho.. cry
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

It's normal..that's what people know how to do best tho.. cry
cheesy grin
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:59pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
cheesy grin
Not funny.. undecided
Why the emoji? sad angry
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by Lighthouse50: 4:00pm On May 22, 2022
True christians see the event as a fufillment of the holy book. Yeshua say blessed are you when men persecute you and do all forms of evil unto you for my name sake, he told us to rejoice for great is our reward in heaven.. Is CAN Forcing us to protest against laid down revelations of endtime?
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Not funny.. undecided
Why the emoji? sad angry
lol, please stop the polemic friend
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:02pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
lol, please stop the polemic friend
undecided
BS..BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSNSBSNSNSBD.. angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2022
Lighthouse50:
True christians see the event as a fufillment of the holy book. Yeshua say blessed are you when men persecute you and do all forms of evil unto you for my name sake, he told us to rejoice for great is our reward in heaven.. Is CAN Forcing us to protest against laid down revelations of endtime?
so her gruesome murder by some misguided fanatics and zealots is a biblical fulfilment
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by God1000(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

undecided
BS..BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSNSBSNSNSBD.. angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I also believe more in humanism and pragmatism, but let's be a bit circumspect Pal cheesy

I believe religion has done more harm than good in Nigeria
Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by smileyoo: 4:39pm On May 22, 2022
God1000:
so her gruesome murder by some misguided fanatics and zealots is a biblical fulfilment
just imagine the level of thinking of some christians, taking quotations out of context.
it's like encouraging acts of wickedness by the wicked ones against christians, as one of the fulfilment of the scriptures.
then why are christians still praying against evils and evil occurrences in their various places of worship and their homes ?
why praying against Satan and satanic agents, if you believe that their acts of evil works is in order, and a fulfilment of the scriptures ?

1 Like

Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by smileyoo: 4:54pm On May 22, 2022
Lighthouse50:
you are totally wrong. it's this type of wrong belief that encourage these wicked souls to be wasting the lives of christians based on flimsy excuses. their acts of wickedness can never be sanely justified.
if you really believe what you just wrote, then why are christians still praying against evils and evil occurrences in their various places of worship and their various homes ?
is there still any need to pray against evils, especially when you termed such acts of wickedness, as expected and scriptural ?
Please stop confusing people.

1 Like

Re: Did Churches Obey CAN'S Call To Hold Peaceful Protest Today by Lighthouse50: 7:07pm On May 22, 2022
smileyoo:
you are totally wrong. it's this type of wrong belief that encourage these wicked souls to be wasting the lives of christians based on flimsy excuses. their acts of wickedness can never be sanely justified.
if you really believe what you just wrote, then why are christians still praying against evils and evil occurrences in their various places of worship and their various homes ?
is there still any need to pray against evils, especially when you termed such acts of wickedness, as expected and scriptural ?
Please stop confusing people.
Dear many are not patiently following the bible. Jesus told his disciples what will happen to them after him and adviced them to be faithful unto death. And he will give them the crown of life. I didnt say martyrdom is good but Jesus told before hand and all his disciples and early christians went through great martyrdom and still continued. Dont be shocked that deborah samuel will take part in first ressurection

(1) (Reply)

Proof Of Live After Death / Jim Iyke Opens Up On Allegedly Converting To Islam (WATCH) / BREAKING: ISWAP Responsible For Ondo Catholic Church Attack – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.