Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech (546 Views)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by sabiprogrammers: 7:44am On May 23, 2022
Today, I would like to share with you 7 tips I feel will help you a lot if you intend to go into any of the tech fields.

You must have heard at one point or the other that having a "tech skill" is such an amazing thing. From the ease of work, to how lucrative it can be, there are so many reasons to get yourself a tech-related skill.

But as you plan your journey, there are 7 things I'll like to tell you if you intend to go into tech.

1. Make proper research and pick a field that best fits you:
I know "tech" is a very common word being thrown here and there. But the truth is that there are so many fields/sub-fields in that industry called tech.

 Web Development
 Mobile Application Development
 UI/UX Design
 Product Management
 Product Design And Product photography
 Technical Writing(Content Development)
 Data Science, Data Engineering
 Machine Learning
 Artificial Intelligence

Before I continue,

I'll like to mention that I have written a detailed article on this subject before. To read the detailed article on our blog, please click here.

Now, let's continue...

2. Make a decision:
Now that you've done some level of research on the various tech-related skills out there. You'll then need to make a decision. A decision on which one is best for you.

I'll advise you to consider your passion, and previous experience/background before making this decision.

3. Look out for materials:
There are so many materials out there that you can use for your learning. From free to paid options, there are lots of them.

- Free Option (if reading is your best way to learn something new):
* Medium.com articles
* freecodecamp.com blogs
* Search for ebooks on the topic and read

- Free option (if you preferred videos):
* Youtube
* Freecodecamp

- Paid options:
If you however decide to spend some money on your learning, which is a very good idea, here are some options you should explore
* Udemy
* Coursera
* Udacity
* Treehouse
* and so on...

I must also mention that if you ever decide to attend a physical class on any of these tech-related skills, please reach out to us at sabiprogrammers.com. We offer the best of training/Bootcamp in various tech fields; from Web Development to Mobile App Development, Data Science, Data Analysis, etc... You can visit our website at sabiprogrammers.com or reach us via; 08065827397

4. Start Learning:
Start! Start!! Start!!! There is nothing to wait for again. Just START!!

And begin to improve gradually.

5. Build Projects:
Projects are some of the fundamental things that'll stand you out in job interviews. From small projects to bigger ones, make sure you always build projects as you learn.

6. Collaborate:
Join communities (100 days of code, freecodecamp community, etc). Join Facebook groups, follow relevant people on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
It helps sharpen your alertness.

7. Be Consistent:
The journey to becoming a "tech bro" or "tech sis" is not an easy one. Just like most things in life, no good thing comes easy. But I assure you that consistency will get you there. And it will be worth it in the end.

The end.

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to reach out to us and start your tech journey with us.

We hope to hear from you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by McGg: 8:04am On May 23, 2022
My dreams have always been to go into IT and also farm but where do I start from?

I don't have a system yet and even if I quit my current work how do I fend for my self financially

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by youngaliwa(m): 2:33pm On May 23, 2022
I wan go into tech but the first 2 years was a hell. I almost gave up in the first 2 weeks sef, my head was pounding cry

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by sabiprogrammers: 5:16am On May 24, 2022
McGg:
My dreams have always been to go into IT and also farm but where do I start from?

I don't have a system yet and even if I quit my current work how do I fend for my self financially

Hello McGg, it is not advisable for you to quit your current job especially if it is your source of income for now.

However, you can be working there, while saving and investing in other dreams and aspirations that you have.

For instance, you can be working there while paying for and attending training in different IT-based fields.

That is what I'd suggest.
Re: 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by sabiprogrammers: 5:19am On May 24, 2022
youngaliwa:
I wan go into tech but the first 2 years was a hell. I almost gave up in the first 2 weeks sef, my head was pounding cry

Youngaliwa, you "almost gave up" you said? I want to then believe that you eventually did not give up??

2 years down the line, if you're still in the game, you should be making significant progress by now. Update me, how has your progress been??

By the way, why was your heading banging then?? lol grin grin grin
Re: 7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech by McGg: 11:12am On May 24, 2022
sabiprogrammers:

Hello McGg, it is not advisable for you to quit your current job especially if it is your source of income for now.

However, you can be working there, while saving and investing in other dreams and aspirations that you have.

For instance, you can be working there while paying for and attending training in different IT-based fields.

That is what I'd suggest.

I sincerely appreciate your advice... Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Laravel Clone Needed / Jetpack Compose Guide Kotlin / Windows 10 Upgrade: You'll Have To Wait...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.