Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report (3140 Views)

JUST IN: Atiku In US To Lobby Top State Dept. Officials For Presidential Bid / UK Group Raises Alarm Over "Genocide On Christians In Nigeria" / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Christistruth00: 12:46pm On May 23, 2022
Idiko1:

You wrote like an idle civilian who have not read OP manual on tactical withdrawal. Units whose enemy is right at their tails do not have time to organize a firefight talk less of searching and sorting out civilians to kill.

The Biafran Soldiers didn’t have enough Vehicles to flee as well so those fleeing on foot just shot dead Non Igbo Civilian Occupants of Vehicles and took over their Cars in their desperation to escape the Federal Forces

That was why Both sides of the Road from Benin to Agbor was full of dead bodies of Non Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by ZombieSlaughter: 12:49pm On May 23, 2022
yoruba muslims are still look for fake propaganda to justify the evil they comitted as fulani slaves in Biafraland during the war.

They are no quoting propaganda sources not even political and war journals but "dem say-dem say" glorified blogs.
That fulani shiit wey dey sweet una pass amala, una go chop am tire very soon. Mugus. grin
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Idiko1: 1:10pm On May 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

The Biafran Soldiers didn’t have enough Vehicles to flee as well so those fleeing on foot just shot dead Non Igbo Civilian Occupants of Vehicles and took over their Cars in their desperation to escape the Federal Forces

That was why Both sides of the Road from Benin to Agbor was full of dead bodies of Non Igbos

What a stream of thought from a deluded punk. If Biafran soldiers did not have enough vehicles to flee from the battle front yet have time to search and commandeer vehicles, it means the pursuing Nigerian army did not have vehicles to chase. Nigerian had enough vehicles to race from Lagos to Asaba within 24hrs bearing the stubborn resistance from the Biafran units. Do you realize war is kill or be killed? Please I suggest you continue to masturbate on your 1959 doctored picture of Nigerian army officers.
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by spearman(m): 1:11pm On May 23, 2022
Christistruth00:
cool

The Biafran Army Slaughtered all the Hausas they could Lay their hands on in the Midwest and it didn’t end there

During the Biafran Soldiers withdrawal from Ore every non Igbo along their route between Ore in the Western Region and Agbor was shot dead, a distance of more than 200 km. Those that were inside Cars had the Cars taken over by Biafran Soldiers who didn’t have enough Vehicles to transport them back to the East.

Both sides of the road were full of dead bodies,

When the Biafran Army reached Agbor there was another Massacre every non Igbo they could find in Agbor Town was killed.

Gen Gowon prevented the full details from being published in the interest of reconciliation and One Nigeria

Obi Ebbi who was a Biafran Soldier confessed in his book “ Broken back axle , unspeakable events in Biafra “ that they killed all the non Igbos along the Biafran Army’s withdrawals route it in order to prevent information on their Biafran Army’s Movement from being passed to the Federal Soldiers who were in Pursuit behind them

There is a Photograph of the road with dead bodies on both Sides of it for as far as the eye can see , I think it Was Peter Obe a Newspaper Photographer that took it.

The report of the Justice Omo Eboh Panels investigation into the atrocities committed during the Biafrans Army’s Invasion of the MidWest was said to have filled more that twenty boxes.
Gowon prevented its Publication for the sake of Reconciliation

The Non Igbos of the East even Claim they were Victims of Ethnic Cleansing by the Biafran Soldiers

Read the article below

https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.afraf.a097919

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/the-unknown-victims-ethnic-minorities-1967-1970/

https://m.facebook.com/naijainfoman/posts/1139807712715827

1 Like

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:14pm On May 23, 2022
DEAD NEWS,DEAD POST FOR THE LIVING DEAD. angry
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by IgbalodeRaymond: 1:30pm On May 23, 2022
Mooh247:

Ibo made means lies and fake products

Show us your stats
leave my brothers alone
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by IgbalodeRaymond: 1:31pm On May 23, 2022
Mooh247:

Ibo thread on Yoruba owned website
this is nairaland not Yorubaland bro.
till we breakup, we're still Nigeria whether you like it or not grin
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Unzerious: 1:42pm On May 23, 2022
The so-called "Saints" are really Messy behind the Veil.
You killed innocent Farmers who knew nothing about your cause.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by bjdon: 1:47pm On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Stop the lies.

There were no northerners in the Midwest during the war, the only northerners were soldiers fighting for Nigeria.
Wrong. There have been northern traders in the midwest as back as the 1800's

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Chimaraymond455: 2:00pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerians are not ready for liberation,
Nigerians don't need pity.
Nigeria your common enemy are the fulanis,
They fulanis only see Igbo as a treat,
remove igbos in Nigeria you are completely gone,
The only hope of Christianity in Nigeria are igbos,
remove igbos Christianity is gone in Nigeria,
they fulanis are afraid of the igbos,
but soon the igbo will leave,
The Igbos and their recent agitations have destroyed the Fulani agenda over the south,

have you wonder why the fulanis are constantly saying Igbo man can't rule Nigeria??
they know,
They fear is real,
Other tribes in Nigeria should be happy to have Igbo in Nigeria,
you can't stay in Nigeria without the igbos,
No Fulani man is ready to buy nor develop your place,
No Fulani man can rent your house nor your shops,
Without the igbos somany landlords will die of hunger,
Hate the igbos,
propagate against the igbos,
Fight the igbos,
Loot their business,
gang up against the igbos,
Sale your birthright to wicked the igbos,
Join the fulanis to fight the igbos,
Guess what??
Igbos are the children of the most high.
you can't finish the igbos
rather you destroy yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by NaMe4: 2:04pm On May 23, 2022
spearman:
The cold-blooded massacres in Midwest were not monopolised by the federal troops only. In a US confidential report of 15 October 1967 recorded that, “as the Biafrans retreated from Benin to Agbor, they killed all the men, women and children they could find who were not Igbos. The town of Abudu, one of the larger places between Agbor and Benin lost virtually of its population with the exception of a small proportion that fled into the bush.”

The British expatriate teacher, Anthony Charles Stephens was killed there when he refused to surrender his car to the retreating Biafran forces. Father Coleman an Irish SSMA priest said before Biafran troops left Agbor “without a fight” they killed off most of “non-Ibo men, women and children.”

https://therepublicannews.net/2017/05/09/u-s-classified-files-reveal-untold-story-of-ojukwu-biafra-by-americans-others/

And today, some delusioned persons attempt to claim Agbor as biafra land.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:12pm On May 23, 2022
after4:
dem don start with their useless and baseless propaganda that lacks historical evidence. nah una go tire

For some of them it’s a full-time occupation! Their entire presence on nairaland is consumed with spreading all manner of lies and revisionism against Ndigbo! If you feel a people are this ‘bad’ why not be actively engaged in trying to live a separate existence from them!?

The biggest problem of ‘one Nigerianists’ is their hypocrisy! It stinks!
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by spearman(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
Nigerians are not ready for liberation,
Nigerians don't need pity.
Nigeria your common enemy are the fulanis,
They fulanis only see Igbo as a treat,
remove igbos in Nigeria you are completely gone,
The only hope of Christianity in Nigeria are igbos,
remove igbos Christianity is gone in Nigeria,
they fulanis are afraid of the igbos,
but soon the igbo will leave,
The Igbos and their recent agitations have destroyed the Fulani agenda over the south,

have you wonder why the fulanis are constantly saying Igbo man can't rule Nigeria??
they know,
They fear is real,
Other tribes in Nigeria should be happy to have Igbo in Nigeria,
you can't stay in Nigeria without the igbos,
No Fulani man is ready to buy nor develop your place,
No Fulani man can rent your house nor your shops,
Without the igbos somany landlords will die of hunger,
Hate the igbos,
propagate against the igbos,
Fight the igbos,
Loot their business,
gang up against the igbos,
Sale your birthright to wicked the igbos,
Join the fulanis to fight the igbos,
Guess what??
Igbos are the children of the most high.
you can't finish the igbos
rather you destroy yourself.

Igbo aggresion on Niger Delta Land is what is delaying everyone exit. Igbos have nowhere they are going and have lost appetite since realization that Biafra is South East only. Yoruba Nation will lead all to break out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by mu2sa2: 2:25pm On May 23, 2022
These people have always been cannibals. This is 2022 and they're still slaughtering and beheading people, this time each other. Only God can save igbos from igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 2:43pm On May 23, 2022
Idiko1:

What a stream of thought from a deluded punk. If Biafran soldiers did not have enough vehicles to flee from the battle front yet have time to search and commandeer vehicles, it means the pursuing Nigerian army did not have vehicles to chase. Nigerian had enough vehicles to race from Lagos to Asaba within 24hrs bearing the stubborn resistance from the Biafran units. Do you realize war is kill or be killed? Please I suggest you continue to masturbate on your 1959 doctored picture of Nigerian army officers.

Look for a God fearing Ex Biafran Soldier and ask him if it isn't true that the Biafran Soldiers Slaughtered all the non Igbos they encountered between Ore and Agborwhen they withdrew back to the East

There was a massive Slaughter in the Midwest

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by royal231(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2022
Pure lies.. Biafrans only declared a republic of Benin with the capital being in Benin city..

Ejoor ran away not to be seen and it was thought Biafran soilders murdered him.. Guess what he went to his mother's village and pinned there till the war was over.

Stop lies..
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by royal231(m): 2:44pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Look for a God fearing Ex Biafran Soldier and ask him if it isn't true that the Biafran Soldiers Slaughtered all the non Igbos they encountered between Ore and Agbor

Ask people from Benin.. Benin is btw ore and Agbor
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 2:47pm On May 23, 2022
royal231:

Ask people from Benin.. Benin is btw ore and Agbor

Benin only just Started to get over their Phobia for South Easterners as a result of the Civil War atrocities committed there by the Biafran Army

Warri too

Just ask any of the over 60s the Atrocities the Biafran Army committed there it is still fresh in their Memories

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by spearman(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Benin only just Started to get over their Phobia for South Easterners as a result of the Civil War atrocities committed there by the Biafran Army

Warri too

888 DAYS IN BIAFRA ….P.66/67
My son, Omoruyi, was born on May 18th 1967, barely two and half months before I was abducted to Biafra. In another two weeks it would be Omoruyi’s first birthday anniversary. Prison or no prison, I was determined to celebrate it. May 17th was a “Market Day” and when the market master came to take orders, I requested for one-shilling oranges and one-shilling bananas. In the morning of May 18th I said my special prayers to God and particularly for my first son, whose first birthday anniversary it was that day. My heart was heavy and I earnestly prayed for Ojukwu’s downfall. Then I brightened up and placed the fruits in the middle of the floor. I called my inmates attention and begged them to join me celebrate my son’s birthday with the oranges and bananas before them. Dan Ibekwe said a very moving prayer for Omoruyi and us and told Ero to share the offerings. I had no more money but was happy that even in detention God gave me the opportunity to perform my duty as a father.
Topic for another day.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 3:05pm On May 23, 2022
mu2sa2:
These people have always been cannibals. This is 2022 and they're still slaughtering and beheading people, this time each other. Only God can save igbos from igbos.

Ojukwu's Biafran Soldiers not only Massacred Civilians they went further and Butchered their Corpses for Meat

Eastern Non Igbos were Victims of Ethnic Cleansing by the Biafran Soldier[/b]s

Read the article below

https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.afraf.a097919

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/the-unknown-victims-ethnic-minorities-1967-1970/

https://m.facebook.com/naijainfoman/posts/1139807712715827

[b]Enough Of This Biafran Nonsense!!! By alabo abiye Akkio-abbey

As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.
Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?
In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.
Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.
He was one of the lucky ones.
The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there
These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.
Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??
I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.
By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market.

That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated
Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??
The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by spearman(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market.

No be lie

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 3:29pm On May 23, 2022
successmatters:
The only recorded massacre in the Midwest was carried out by a certain Murtala R. Mohammed, 2000 Asaba men lost their lives that cold morning.

Read here https://www.google.com/search?q=asaba+massacre&oq=asaba&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j46i433i512j69i59j69i

The Massacre of the Hausa in Asaba and the Midwest by the Biafran Soldiers is well recorded

Read Gen Alabi Isama's book " Tragedy of Victory "

The Biafran Army Wiped Out all the Hausa in Asaba on the night it invaded the Midwest they also went to the Leper Colony on the banks of the River Niger and Murdered all the Midwesterners and Yorubas there

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by royal231(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Warri too

Just ask any of the over 60s the Atrocities the Biafran Army committed there it is still fresh in their Memories

Who led the western offensive or rather the Biafran Liberation army?

An Ibo man Hausa man or Yoruba man?

Please stop lying it is not fair..

Benin felt igbos will not survive the war.. They were the ones who lined up able bodied men in cable point Asaba and shot all of them under the command of Murtala Muhammed..

They were also the ones who first Entered onitsha and looted it before Achuzia rounded them up and sent most of them to Judgement..

So u may understand why the phobia.. Due to lies the parents tried to cover up..

You see why I laugh when Benin push for Midwestern state again or Niger delta Republic.. Where they would be left with the Midwestern Ibos.. I would wonder what such a country will look like..

Mind you during the provocations that led to the war all soilders returned to their rreigons or states so I know what I am saying or maybe I witnessed the war..

The Mid western Igbos led offensive to liberate lagos.. Led by Victor Banjo a Yoruba Man that was to take charge of Lagos..

Ejoor was to. Remain in charge of Benin But he ran away and an AGbor Man u said igbos killed was made the governor of Benin which locals didn't like and started attacking Biafran soilders..

Biafran soilders had no business with Benin as their target was Lagos.. To liberate lagos..

Yes if Biafran soilders are being attacked they have the right to defend themselves.. Same way ugm are attacking Nigerian soilders..

Nigerian soilders also have the right to defend them selves.

The liberation army failed due to Logistics reason..
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Kalashnikov49: 3:34pm On May 23, 2022
IGBO thread no. 234 ..since yesterday.
Spearheaded by the most useless miscreant nation of Afonja pigs.
Anyway, be rest assured that the 1 Nigeria project ends when IGBOs especially Peter Obi is not President.

WE SHALL THEN ..RENEGOTIATE without LOOKING BACK BY FORCE!!

KEEP doing your Nonsense zombies...we no get time for nonsense yarns!!

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by after4: 3:34pm On May 23, 2022
very pathetic

LOVEALAIGBO:

For some of them it’s a full-time occupation! Their entire presence on nairaland is consumed with spreading all manner of lies and revisionism against Ndigbo! If you feel a people are this ‘bad’ why not be actively engaged in trying to live a separate existence from them!?

The biggest problem of ‘one Nigerianists’ is their hypocrisy! It stinks!
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by after4: 3:36pm On May 23, 2022
at least their is igbo made, do you have yoruba made or fulani made?

if igbos matter does not put food on your table, you wont be found on all igbo thread on NL

Mooh247:

Ibo made means lies and fake products

Show us your stats
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 3:38pm On May 23, 2022
royal231:

Who led the western offensive or rather the Biafran Liberation army?

An Ibo man Hausa man or Yoruba man?

Please stop lying it is not fair..

Benin felt igbos will not survive the war.. They were the ones who lined up able bodied men in cable point Asaba and shot all of them under the command of Murtala Muhammed..

They were also the ones who first Entered onitsha and looted it before Achuzia rounded them up and sent most of them to Judgement..

So u may understand why the phobia.. Due to lies the parents tried to cover up..

You see why I laugh when Benin push for Midwestern state again or Niger delta Republic.. Where they would be left with the Midwestern Ibos.. I would wonder what such a country will look like..

Mind you during the provocations that led to the war all soilders returned to their rreigons or states so I know what I am saying or maybe I witnessed the war..

The Mid western Igbos led offensive to liberate lagos.. Led by Victor Banjo a Yoruba Man that was to take charge of Lagos..

Ejoor was to. Remain in charge of Benin But he ran away and an AGbor Man u said igbos killed was made the governor of Benin which locals didn't like and started attacking Biafran soilders..

Biafran soilders had no business with Benin as their target was Lagos.. To liberate lagos..

Yes if Biafran soilders are being attacked they have the right to defend themselves.. Same way ugm are attacking Nigerian soilders..

Nigerian soilders also have the right to defend them selves.

The liberation army failled due to Logistics reason..

Muritala was retailiatng the Slaughter of the entire Hausa Population of Asaba and Agbor by the invading Biafrans but your people always like to leave out that part of the Story

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by royal231(m): 3:45pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Muritala was retailiatng the Slaughter of the entire Hausa Population of Asaba by the invading Biafrans but your people always like to leave out that part of the Story

As I said stop lying.. What even led to the war?

Was it not death of thousands of easteners?

And every one fled even the soilders.. So which hausa man dey Asaba at that point..

Even Yoruba soilders went to the west!!

They weren't also spared then in the North..
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by christistruth01: 3:56pm On May 23, 2022
royal231:

And every one fled even the soilders.. So which hausa man dey Asaba at that point..

Asaba was in the Midwest not in Ojukwu's Eastern Region and Even in the East Hausas were massacred

This Hausa Col in the video had almost his entire Family Slaughtered by Biafrans at Eleme
Over 300 Hausa were murdered in Eleme alone by Biafrans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkI5gObl-E

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by spearman(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2022
royal231:

Enough Of This Biafran Nonsense!!! By alabo abiye Akkio-abbey

As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.

Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?

In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.

Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.
He was one of the lucky ones.
The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there.

These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.

Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??

I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.

That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated
Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??
The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by royal231(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Muritala was retailiatng the Slaughter of the entire Hausa Population of Asaba and Agbor by the invading Biafrans but your people always like to leave out that part of the Story

Moreover you are speaking like the western offensive was the first act of the war when it was accutually the eastern capital that was being attacked..

Have you heard about Garkem.. That was where the first shelling started.. And the northerners were getting dead and wounded being shipped back to the North.. So for you to lie bare faces that the northerners were killed in Asaba by Biafran soilders was asaba civiallians Biafran soilders..?

The Nigerian army destroyed and shelled right from Umunede to asaba and murdered asaba indegenes in cold blood.. And you are justifying them..

With what happened in Asaba Biafrans realised it was a war of survival and they survived because the Fg plan was to totally wipe out Igbo race..

That is why some are still denying their heritage despite speaking the language....

Let what the Igbo tribe have endured never befall your tribe so be wise and factual..
Re: Igbo Commited Genocide On Midwesterners In 1967 - US State Dept Report by Gbagura: 4:11pm On May 23, 2022
Malory:
Ife vs Modakeke mass murder should also rank as one of the top. Millions of people died back then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Yoruba Oba Blast Tinubu & His Yoruba Supporters Says 2023 Is Igbo's Turn / Igbo Women Rally In London For Eastern Region Referendum / Gayz And Lesbians Came Out On The Street To Say Their Mind!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.