Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) (42922 Views)

Monkeypox Outbreak Concentrated Among Gay Men - WHO / UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by HolinessForever: 1:57pm On May 23, 2022
POX SPREADS: Monkeypox outbreak explodes across Europe as cases in Spain and Italy traced to island festival with 80,000 revellers

Authorities are trying to halt an outbreak that has exploded across Europe and beyond, with 92 cases now confirmed and dozens more suspected.

MONKEYPOX cases in Spain and Italy have been traced to an island festival attended by 80,000 revellers.

Cases of monkeypox in the UK have doubled in just a week after a total of 20 cases were reported.

And doctors warned that number will rise significantly as the virus spreads througfh Europe and as far as the US, Canada and Australia.

Spain now has the highest number of infections, outside places in Africa where the virus is endemic, with more than 50 known cases.

Now authorities are investigating a festival in Gran Canaria after it was linked with a number of cases in Madrid, Tenerife and Italy.

The Canaria Pride festival, held in the town of Maspalomas between May 5 and 15, has become a hotspot for the monkeypox outbreak, reports El País.

The massive party was attended by over 80,000 people, including three Italian men who later tested positive for the virus.

A health source told the newspaper: "Among the 30 or so diagnosed in Madrid, there are several who attended the event, although it is not yet possible to know if one of them is patient zero of this outbreak or if they all got infected there."

Public health services are currently investigating whether there have been more infections during the celebrations including a suspected case detected in Tenerife.

The three Italians were admitted to the Spallanzani Institute of Infectious Diseases in Rome.

The centre's director, Francesco Vaia said: "These are three young men who say they have not had contact with each other, although two of them do explain that they have recently travelled to the Canary Islands."

Experts have warned that although monkeypox is not a sexually transmitted disease it could be passed on through skin-to-skin contact during sex.

Many known patients are gay men who were tested after going to STI clinics, the WHO said.

Health chiefs warned gay and bisexual men to be on the lookout for new unexplained rashes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/18646557/monkeypox-outbreak-europe-cases-island-festival/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 23, 2022
[/b] Outside places in Africa, where the virus is endemic.[b]

Uhm....which places exactly?

I perceive this to be an avenue to blame Africa for a "new pandemic" , create another "money making vaccine" and this time, because the origin "is said" to be Africa, force Africans to be vaccinated . (Considering how Covax was widely unaccepted in Africa.

The desperation to inject "humanity" with the unknown is becoming quite alarming.

Africa, wake up!

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by southsouthking(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2022
Africa always on the receiving end.
Our leaders has failed us.

Make i see one person wen go come force me to take monkeypox vaccination, whether i nor go chuk hand for the person eyes.
That person go tell me whether he/she don see me eat monkey once.

I didn't take the covid19 vaccines, buh here i am Hale and hearty.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Uprightness100(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2022
PLANNEDEMIC 2.0!!!!!! Monkeypox!!!

The globalists are not monkeying around!

The amount of media coverage that “monkeypox” is getting just tells you where this may be going…

A fresh round of restrictions, mandates and lockdowns is all a part of the globalists plan  that would be the final 'Nail In The Coffin' as it would crush the global economy, set the stage and pave the way for the New World Order!

This World is Expiring and Sinking So Fast.
look up Folks! Anymoment now , JESUS will snatch HIS own out of here.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by slawormiir: 7:10pm On May 23, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Not again

From one to another
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by ExAngel007(f): 7:10pm On May 23, 2022
hmm
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by oka4ugoo: 7:11pm On May 23, 2022
They should just start the earth a fresh biko. Angel Michael should just hit the factory settings button.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by WiszyFraud: 7:11pm On May 23, 2022
angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by gambia(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2022
They should keep that scam off this axis.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by MaximoneyXchang(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
Hhs
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
We heard it is time for another round of vaccination.
May God continue to protect WE his children and our Family members.

Addendum :
@Cococandy, how true is this over there?

cococandy:
vaccination against monkey pox?
Yes, we just came across something related online @Newsweek,

While there is no specific, widely available vaccine for monkeypox itself, shots designed to prevent smallpox—a related virus—could be used to control an outbreak if necessary, according to experts.

"The viruses that cause smallpox and monkeypox come from the same family and are quite similar biologically, Daniel Bausch, president of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, told Newsweek.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by JosephXavier: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
Africa should place travel ban on the affected European countries before they infect us with these diseases

Or at least place restrictions on those countries affected

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Chimera30: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
Hian!
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Pathokpo: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Tissaia(f): 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
God is punishing them but they'll not agree

4 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by UncleJudax(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
Move over COVID-19.

3 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by FactBoyz: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
cool
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Jaysnowkid: 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
COVID 19 is past now and you guys want to come up with another false agenda to distabilize the world? Bleep you all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Godly247(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
v
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Ecomfreecourse: 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
Uprightness100:
PLANNEDEMIC 2.0!!!!!! Monkeypox!!!

The globalists are not monkeying around!

The amount of media coverage that “monkeypox” is getting just tells you where this may be going…

A fresh round of restrictions, mandates and lockdowns is all a part of the globalists plan  that would be the final 'Nail In The Coffin' as it would crush the global economy, set the stage and pave the way for the New World Order!

look up Folks!
Bro won't something happen in this world any more without Having to be signs of end time? plead rake it it slow na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Godly247(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
Make dem no bring am come naija o!
Anyways, make we laugh small...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSJOe7ps3w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Stewart883(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
I never took the covid-19 vaccine but I am very healthy. I always say that covid-19 was a scam. A very big scam

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by xeratek: 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
Where is the picture?

2 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Richy4(m): 7:14pm On May 23, 2022
It's looks more like smallpox in appearance.. and smallpox is contagious as well...I don't think it's a big deal
Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by tutudesz: 7:14pm On May 23, 2022
They should name it Gay-Pox, since majority of the infected are gays

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by dust144(m): 7:14pm On May 23, 2022
Welcome to the jungle

1 Like

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by Tb222(m): 7:14pm On May 23, 2022
Pleas what is the difference between monkey pox and chicken pox, and who invented them

2 Likes

Re: Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14pm On May 23, 2022
Stewart883:
I never took the covid-19 vaccine but I am very healthy. I always say that covid-19 was a scam. A very big scam
Just thank God for your life gentleman.

8 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) / Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video) / Doctor Noah Kekere Harvested Patient's Kidney - PIDOMNIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.