Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React (1359 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Nigerians Have Thrown Away Competence, Capacity - APC / 2 Sons Of CJN Tanko Win PDP & APC National Assembly Tickets / Joju Fayose, Lere Olayinka Win PDP House Of Reps Tickets In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by bestofnollywood: 5:07pm On May 23, 2022
A popular music artist, Mr Olubankole Wellington, popularly known as BankyW, has faced backlash after losing his bid to contest for the House of Representatives seat to represent Eti Osa in Lagos State.

Mr Wellington lost Saturday’s Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, primaries, as 85 people contested for the 24 House of Representatives seats for Lagos State.

Trolling Mr Wellington on Twitter, some users advised the music icon to leave politics and face his art.

A user, @ @MidasTouch_me, said “I hope Banky W will now face his music career rigorously. I bet politics is not his calling. He was beaten blue and black like Aso oke. Politics is not child’s play.”

Another user @doratalker said: “I am sure the guy that beat Banky W blue and black isn’t on this twitter…… Y’all think the twitter is the vote, especially my Peter Obi people y’all better pull up.”

Another user also said: “It’s obvious that PDP is after money bag people like Banky W is a sure winning ticket for PDP in the general election. They keep choosing unpopular candidates.”

Defending Mr wellington, a user @wilzokeke said: “Why exactly are people mocking Banky W? We said we want more youths in politics, a youth came and tried his best and lost and the best we can do is mock him? Truly we deserve every single bad leader we have as a country.”

Another user @didabliz said: “Y’all way too s*** and narrow-minded for mocking Banky W! He did and is doing what millions of you could never dare to imagine or try. Keypad clowns with dense brains Y’all deserve Buhari and Tinubu a million times over!”

Encouraging him, another user @chi-mbah1 said: “Banky W! Please, don’t give up. Buhari tried severally b4 he became the president of Naija. You didn’t win today doesn’t mean you will not win tomorrow. Keep your head high”.

https://applesbite.com/banky-w-loses-bid-to-win-pdp-ticket-nigerians-react/

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Hezzyluv: 5:08pm On May 23, 2022
Na so life be

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Omihanifa: 5:14pm On May 23, 2022
Dude thinks this is America or Europe where celebrities go just enter politics and he go get all the support

He should have remained in that his former party and contest that same seat like he did in 2019. Now he went to PDP he couldn't even win party primaries.

Staying in his former party would have really paid off because he won't really spend much of his resources on delegates and party forms. Unlike In PDP where everything will be decided by how much you get.

Another thing too is that I don't think his fellow celebrities really like him because they didn't really care ( no support from the the likes of Wizkid, burna boy donjazzy).

Also his fan base don really deplete since the likes of skales, Wizkid, niyola and shady left his record label.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Nigerialabalaba: 5:15pm On May 23, 2022
Omihanifa:
Dude thinks this is America or Europe where celebrities go just enter politics and he go get all the support
No mind am. E no do nysc o. shiorr

Another user @doratalker said: “I am sure the guy that beat Banky W blue and black isn’t on this twitter…… Y’all think the twitter is the vote, especially my Peter Obi people y’all better pull up.”

4 Likes

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Golan007: 5:18pm On May 23, 2022
Politics isn't easy.

That's why when I read all the nonsense people write on Nairaland I get amused.

grin

1 Like

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Golan007: 5:19pm On May 23, 2022
Banky, you have to try again.

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:24pm On May 23, 2022
Omihanifa:

How many celebrities for America and Europe don contest election, con win join. Election for America and Europe be the same here. Na only Tinubu Olodos no wan understand that fact. To win election anywhere for this planet, you must get about 60% of the cabal of that vicinity for yar side. If na only 20% you fit get, then F9 be yar result, period. Just ask Tinubu after may30
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by ja2ken(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2022
Most Nigerians are the architect of their misfortunes... It's a pity...
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2022
He expected to win the ticket before?

Nah by social media hype? That's what we're telling that colourless criminal supporters
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:26pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

No mind am. E no do nysc o. shiorr

Bankyw betta pass you. Atleast him get some small sense about how politics be. Him time go come. You on the other hand think sey bread and beans politics na hin dey win election.
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:28pm On May 23, 2022
Golan007:
Politics isn't easy.

That's why when I read all the nonsense people write on Nairaland I get amused.

grin
Nairaland politics section na the home of ozwuor, mumu, JJC and Dundee United. More than half of them no get sense at all. Na only to dey shout on Tinubu manhood I stand, dem sabi
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by gambia(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2022
He should keep trying, politics aint child's play. I wish him all the best.
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 23, 2022
Banky W tried. At least he stood up to be counted. Better luck next time. He has now experienced the challenges involved in running for political office.

He should hang in there and not do a Sowore. He is a very young man in political age so no wahala.
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by JAMO84: 5:31pm On May 23, 2022
He's being mocked by his fellow Endsars miscreants
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Omihanifa: 5:33pm On May 23, 2022
Let me tell you something, if it was Olamide contesting this same position under the same party in Ogun State. You think Baba no go win both primaries and main election?

You know why he will win? Because he get wetin Banky w no get. Which are ( street credibility and street OT) Banky W is more of butty

If Banky and Olamide Waka for street today who dem go hail pass ? The answer is Olamide

osinbanjoisaliar:

How many celebrities for America and Europe don contest election, con win join. Election for America and Europe be the same here. Na only Tinubu Olodos no wan understand that fact. To win election anywhere for this planet, you must get about 60% of the cabal of that vicinity for yar side. If na only 20% you fit get, then F9 be yar result, period. Just ask Tinubu after may30

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 23, 2022
grin grin awon ti endsaars

1 Like

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:44pm On May 23, 2022
Omihanifa:
Let me tell you something, if it was Olamide contesting this same position under the same party in Ogun State. You think Baba no go win both primaries and main election?

You know why he will win? Because he get wetin Banky w no get. Which are ( street credibility and street OT) Banky W is more of butty

If Banky and Olamide Waka for street today who dem go hail pass ? The answer is Olamide

The only politics wen you know na bourdillion bread and beans politics. Desmond idiot wen win election, shey him popular like Michael Jackson. If olamide contest election, and him no fit get 60% of the cabal on him side, street credibility or not, na F9 go be him result. You think sey na ballot paper dey win election. Guy open yar eyes
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Treasure17(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerian politics was badly designed to favor those with the numbers and fianancial buoyancy to compete. You've tried your best irrespective of what happened. He shouldn't have left his former party.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Treasure17(m): 5:47pm On May 23, 2022
SlyDev:
grin grin awon ti endsaars
Endsars really giving you people sleepless night.
Re: Banky W Loses Bid To Win PDP Ticket, Nigerians React by Mynd44: 5:49pm On May 23, 2022
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

(1)

Tinubu's Twitter Account Has Finally Been Verified / Seun Osewa Is Right:Peter Obi Needs To Explain N250M In Convoy & Pandora Account / Police Attached To Governor Wike Seal Petrol Station, Hotels Belonging To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.