Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara (7987 Views)

PICTORIAL: Pastor Adeboye Meets Gov. Adeleke, Anoints Him / Felix Obuah: Expelling Oshiomhole From APC Can Lead To Suicide / Oshiomohole Anoints Akume, Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by DezMayorz(m): 8:53am On May 24, 2022
Rivers 2023: Will Gov. Wike, an advocate of democracy who fights against consensus at national impose candidate in Rivers State?

Stephen Wobo writes from Port Harcourt.

There's a serious remonstrance in Rivers PDP on Monday when the unofficial news that Gov Nyesom Wike has anointed Sim Fubara as the PDP gubernatorial candidate to succeed him as the next governor of Rivers State.

The news shocked over 75% of Rivers State PDP stakeholders as the state PDP went sober.

Gov Nyesom Wike who is also among the presidential aspirants under the platform of PDP is known to be a proactive advocate of democracy and doesn't support consensus candidate at the national.
Gov Wike is known to fight against imposition of candidate(s) or 'forced consensus' at people both at state and the national level.

So, will the person who advocates against the imposition of candidate now be the one to champion imposition of candidate in his state?

In December 2021, Gov Nyesom Wike vowed never to impose any candidate on Rivers people.
So, is Gov Wike, an advocate of democracy now going against his words?

Maybe no! Maybe he's trying to test the royalty of the aspirants to the party as some believe.
But is it the best way to test the royalty, absolutely no! So it can't be a test.

PDP people from Kalabari are still in shock and in dismay over the unofficial news;
saying how can such meeting that deny their sons gubernatorial ticket be held at their elder's house, Hon. Ferdinand Alabraba house and he didn't counter it, asking if the elder statesman is against the Kalabari progress of being the Governor of Rivers State?

People from the Riverine community in Rivers State have been clamouring for Riverine governor (Tammy Danagogo and Dax Goerge Kelly) but find it difficult to accept the candidature of Sim Fubara whom Gov. Wike anointed with this unofficial statement going viral:
"I will be giving the PDP Gubernatorial ticket to Sim Fubara, if you are not comfortable, challenge me".

Every action has its reaction, if Gov Wike has taken such decision to annoint unpopular candidate, definitely other aspirants and the people will react to it.

It was gathered that all the aspirants walked out of the meeting without a word.
Will the other 16 gubernatorial aspirants defect to other parties or stay to work with Sim Fubara?
That will be a talk of another day.

Sim Fubara is one of the 17 Rivers state aspirants screened by the PDP Screening Committee.
He is from Opobo/Nkoro LGA in Rivers State.

Dez Mayorz Report.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 8:56am On May 24, 2022
It’s not possible for ijaw to govern Rivers state ..

The last experience wasn’t a nice one at all

They can go to bayelsa ... that’s the ijaw stAte

You can’t have two ijaw governors in south south

Is it what it is ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:59am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Is it what it is ...
Is the Sim Fubara Ijaw?

1 Like

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Parachoko: 9:00am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Is it what it is ...
I doubt you know where Sim Fubara is from.

OkwuEziokwu:

Apparently, Ijaws claim Anambra too. grin

Gut, stop dividing our region. We should be fighting a common enemy, then when Biafra emerges, at least our tribes will have a say.
Now, does Fulani's Abuja care about Ijaw.

Smh.. idk what has made our people so blind.
Ijaw will never be part of Biafra.

It does not make sense leaving Nigeria and joining a Mini Nigeria.

OkwuEziokwu nothing concern we Ijaws with Anambra State.

Biafra is for Igbos and some other tribes who wish to join Biafra.

Ijaws have no business with Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 9:01am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:
I doubt you know where Sim Fubara is from.

I just said ijaw.. can’t govern Rivers state

That’s it ..

3 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Parachoko: 9:03am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

That’s it ..
But the person who wrote the article the OP posted is wailing about Wike supporting Amaopu-senibo Siminialayi Fubara from Opobo town

Is so funny how a Non Rivers indigene like you feel you can dictate who will rule Rivers State grin

The joke is on you though

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by SlayerForever: 9:04am On May 24, 2022
See dribble

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 9:06am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:
But the person who wrote the article the OP posted is wailing about Wike supporting Amaopu-senibo Siminialayi Fubara from Opobo town?

Is so funny how a Non Rivers indigene like you feel you can dictate who will rule Rivers State grin

The joke is on you though

Does it matter who Wike support ?

Ameachi has his candinate too A time ..

Ijaw in next hundred years can’t and won’t rule Rivers again...

Mark it here ..

Do you know the origin of bayelsa state ?
I’ve full ekeremor blood ..

4 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Parachoko: 9:08am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Mark it here ..

I do not have the time for foolish talk. Your opinion does not matter in Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 9:13am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:
I do not have the time for foolish talk. Your opinion does not matter in Rivers State.

Go and make ijaw man rivers Governor

You wey your opinion matters

Next!

3 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Parachoko: 9:16am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Go and make ijaw man rivers Governor

You wey your opinion matters

Next!
You're not from Rivers State

Cry all you want, the two major parties will present Ijaw men.

PDP and APC will both present Ijaw men.

You can keep on fooling yourself on Nairaland though, nobody send you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 9:42am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:

Hmmm

Till then .. Na me dey fool myself ...

Ijaw no go smell Rivers state government house

If you wan get mouth for Rivers .. if you like make I Dey fool myself

Na faceless forum everyone get mouth and hand to type ..

So.. Oga Rivers go and make ijaw man rivers Governor

2023 is here

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Parachoko: 10:25am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Hmmm

Till then .. Na me dey fool myself ...

Ijaw no go smell Rivers state government house

If you wan get mouth for Rivers .. if you like make I Dey fool myself

Na faceless forum everyone get mouth and hand to type ..

So.. Oga Rivers go and make ijaw man rivers Governor

2023 is here

Thank you
I love your tears boy

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2022
I have been saying this for months. This is the play. Wike wants his chief looter to continue the looting spree.

A chin-chin seed is enough for the longer throat.

grin grin

You guys have not chin-chun-chin.

EFCC WANTED GUBERNATORIAL FLAG BEARER.

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by saintkeppy(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

That’s it ..

Are you the political kingmaker in Rivers State, when it get to the turn of Ijaw to produce Governor, it will surely be. Nothing can stop a course whose time has come. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 12:11pm On May 24, 2022
saintkeppy:

Are you the political kingmaker in Rivers State, when it get to the turn of Ijaw to produce Governor, it will surely be. Nothing can stop a course whose time has come. cool

Like Biafra grin cool

1 Like

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by saintkeppy(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Like Biafra grin cool

What do you mean by Biafra, &who is talking about Biafra here. My learned broda, You can do better than this.
I need intelligent responses from you why Ijaw shouldn't govern Rivers State.
State your reasons in simple terms. Don't try so hard to be a tribal bigot, it doesn't fit you at all.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Chimaraymond455: 12:30pm On May 24, 2022
There's no ijaw in River state,
I say it again, there's no ijaw in River state, amechi has finish fooling the ijaws, at the end wike became governor,
Wike will still fool them, at the end Felix obua take over,
Okirika, kalabari, should have been consider but as you ijaw have impose ijaw tag on them the chances of them becoming governor in River state is not guaranteed,
you are all babies when it comes to Rivers politics of today,

sentiment aside,
we know tribe who determines governor of river state,
this tribe is tribe who you ijaw declar as your worst enemy,
their votes are the reason uplands will rule you foverever,
Wike may fool you,
but at back they speak a central language which you ijaw does not understand,
they use this central language when campaigning in obigbo, Etchee, obiakpo, phaga, omoku, opobo, all the market places,
The will tell this people how ijaws treated them during old Rivers state.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 12:31pm On May 24, 2022
saintkeppy:

What do you mean by Biafra, &who is talking about Biafra here. My learned broda, You can do better than this.
I need intelligent responses from you why Ijaw shouldn't govern Rivers State.
State your reasons in simple terms. Don't try so hard to be a tribal bigot, it doesn't fit you at all.

How did ijaw rule Rivers when they had the opportunity?

Ukiwe and Azikiwe were able to convince Abacha on bayelsa.. The home of Ijo.

Everything is not tribal .. is local politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by christistruth01: 12:55pm On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Is it what it is ...

Opobo is Ijaw

4 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Afriifa(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

That’s it ..
You're very stupid

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Afriifa(m): 12:59pm On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

Mark it here ..

I’ve full ekeremor blood ..

You are bastard

1 Like

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by OkwuEziokwu(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2022
christistruth01:

Opobo is Ijaw

Gut, stop dividing our region. We should be fighting a common enemy, then when Biafra emerges, at least our tribes will have a say.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Afriifa(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:

Tell.him.loud
Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by SmellingAnus(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2022
DezMayorz:
Rivers 2023: Will Gov. Wike, an advocate of democracy who fights against consensus at national impose candidate in Rivers State?

Stephen Wobo writes from Port Harcourt.

There's a serious remonstrance in Rivers PDP on Monday when the unofficial news that Gov Nyesom Wike has anointed Sim Fubara as the PDP gubernatorial candidate to succeed him as the next governor of Rivers State.

The news shocked over 75% of Rivers State PDP stakeholders as the state PDP went sober.

Gov Nyesom Wike who is also among the presidential aspirants under the platform of PDP is known to be a proactive advocate of democracy and doesn't support consensus candidate at the national.
Gov Wike is known to fight against imposition of candidate(s) or 'forced consensus' at people both at state and the national level.

So, will the person who advocates against the imposition of candidate now be the one to champion imposition of candidate in his state?

In December 2021, Gov Nyesom Wike vowed never to impose any candidate on Rivers people.
So, is Gov Wike, an advocate of democracy now going against his words?

Maybe no! Maybe he's trying to test the royalty of the aspirants to the party as some believe.
But is it the best way to test the royalty, absolutely no! So it can't be a test.

PDP people from Kalabari are still in shock and in dismay over the unofficial news;
saying how can such meeting that deny their sons gubernatorial ticket be held at their elder's house, Hon. Ferdinand Alabraba house and he didn't counter it, asking if the elder statesman is against the Kalabari progress of being the Governor of Rivers State?

People from the Riverine community in Rivers State have been clamouring for Riverine governor (Tammy Danagogo and Dax Goerge Kelly) but find it difficult to accept the candidature of Sim Fubara whom Gov. Wike anointed with this unofficial statement going viral:
"I will be giving the PDP Gubernatorial ticket to Sim Fubara, if you are not comfortable, challenge me".

Every action has its reaction, if Gov Wike has taken such decision to annoint unpopular candidate, definitely other aspirants and the people will react to it.

It was gathered that all the aspirants walked out of the meeting without a word.
Will the other 16 gubernatorial aspirants defect to other parties or stay to work with Sim Fubara?
That will be a talk of another day.

Sim Fubara is one of the 17 Rivers state aspirants screened by the PDP Screening Committee.
He is from Opobo/Nkoro LGA in Rivers State.

Dez Mayorz Report.
What makes Sim Fubara unpopular? Sim is even from Opobo which happens to be a riverine area ... You guys can't even attack his pedigree or capacity to Govern the Statecos you know the guy very qualified... Just because he is not one of the known politicians in the state that's why you guys are against him...

2 Likes

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Frigga13: 1:02pm On May 24, 2022
Afriifa:
You're very stupid

No vex undecided
Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Afriifa(m): 1:03pm On May 24, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
There's no ijaw in River state,
I say it again, there's no ijaw in River state, amechi has finish fooling the ijaws, at the end wike became governor,
Wike will still fool them, at the end Felix obua take over,
Okirika, kalabari, should have been consider but as you ijaw have impose ijaw tag on them the chances of them becoming governor in River state is not guaranteed,
you are all babies when it comes to Rivers politics of today,

sentiment aside,
we know tribe who determines governor of river state,
this tribe is tribe who you ijaw declar as your worst enemy,
their votes are the reason uplands will rule you foverever,
Wike may fool you,
but at back they speak a central language which you ijaw does not understand,
they use this central language when campaigning in obigbo, Etchee, obiakpo, phaga, omoku, opobo, all the market places,
The will tell this people how ijaws treated them during old Rivers state.

Biggest Fool.of the Century. Tueh! How does one force itself to believe a lie simply because the truth isn't pleasant? Tueh! U disgust me.
Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by Afriifa(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:

Why are you guys so foolish?
Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by OkwuEziokwu(m): 1:07pm On May 24, 2022
Afriifa:
Why are you guys so foolish?

Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by christistruth01: 1:19pm On May 24, 2022
Wike endorsed Fubara an Ijaw man

Why are IPOB doing all the kicking and screaming, Wailing and howling on this thread, and saying that Ijaw will never rule Rivers State

Did Ijaws tell you who to make your own SE Governors ?

Mind your own business

It is River's State Business
Re: Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara by saintkeppy(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2022
Frigga13:

How did ijaw rule Rivers when they had the opportunity?

Ukiwe and Azikiwe were able to convince Abacha on bayelsa.. The home of Ijo.

Everything is not tribal .. is local politics

If everything is not tribal why bringing Biafra in our discussion

For the records,

King Alfred Diete-Spiff at a very young age, i think he was the youngest MiliGovernor to ever govern a state he did very well during and after the Nigerian civil war at that young age &I bet you, you wouldn't have done any better than him if you were given the opportunity to govern a state @that age

Senator Melford Obiene Okilo tried his best too during the second republic.

Rufus Ada George an okrika man still of Ijaw, also tried his best with Peter Odili as his Deputy, though the tenure was very short. You will not really expect them to create impacts as compare to today were we have a least 4year tenure &bogus Federal Allocation available.

The first two governors were from Ijaw in present day Bayelsa State.

I don't know your age now, but I will suggest you meet elders to tell you more about these past Governors, don't just dwell on hearsays& be joining bandwagons hating on ijaws &kalabari people to the extent that you don't want them to govern Rivers state at all. Things have changed, grow up &leave stoneage reasoning &see thing differently.
I so much believe in justice, fairness &equity to all tribes to have a share in power.

We've had Egbema/Ndoni Governor (1999-2007)
Ikwerres have ruled for 16years unbroken.(2007-2023)
It's time for Ijaws, Kalabari, Ogoni, to come forward & produce a Governor at least for equity sake, they have been supporting others since 1999. That's my opinion, no tribal bigotry attached.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC To INEC: We’ll Make Sure Petrol Is Available During Elections / Nairaland Is Nigeria's Village Square / Irresponsible Journalism: Who Would Call The Tribune To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.