Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video (25413 Views)

Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video / Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? / Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Dopeluiz(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2022
Nsukka, Enugu State. Make I drop aza abi na cruise u dey??
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Angelfrost(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2022
Amah70:

Most of Owerri stand still during floods.
Douglas road Owerri is now market and dustbin.

Worse, the gov is building another market in Ekeonunwa adjacent to Douglas road; after the market built by Okorocha in Owerri - Egbeada.
Population jam in Owerri.
The government does not recognise any other place outside Owerri as urban settlement worthy of urban renewal and development. It's like before Orlu and Okigwe can get government attention, governors must come from Okigwe and Orlu.

Good point sir...

This is not just an Imo state issue... It's the same in almost all the states in Southern Nigeria. They just neglect places outside the state capital, building white elephant projects all over the capital.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Dopeluiz(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2022
Jamesbally:
Someone should mention one Town or City in the EAST, that is free from floods due to good drainages and Roads and I'll give the Person 10k.

The infrastructure in the East are in a sorry State. The few ones that are available are regularly destroyed by IPOB.

Nsukka in Enugu is free from floods due to good drainages and roads. Nsukka gan gan wey UNN dey..

Make I send aza abi na lamba levels u dey??
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Sleekfingers: 7:03pm On May 24, 2022
wallstreetnews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_ZTwd7kd8

Customers lament as barbing saloon becomes flooded with dirty water following rainfall in Imo State.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cd71C7egWgW/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hmmmmmm ....Potopoto flood
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Holajaid(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2022
Davido don suffer inside poster grin grin
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Amah70: 7:05pm On May 24, 2022
Dopeluiz:

Nsukka in Enugu is free from floods due to good drainages and roads. Nsukka gan gan wey UNN dey..

Nsukka got urban development attention because people of Enugu state insisted on a governor from Nsukka area who would modernise Nsukka.
Gov Ugwuanyi did just that.
Imo state is in a different plane: everyone must go to live in Owerri area, that's it for Imo governors.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Stinto: 7:12pm On May 24, 2022
Guy so now you know say nah the whole nation dey suffer am but if nah Lagos you this weed smoker will rush to type shithole, guy thunder wey go fire you eeh still dey do press up I swear down
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

I know ya all we condemn this saying south east and erosion

But the truth is the whole nation is like this
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by realestate99: 7:13pm On May 24, 2022
SensualMan:
It's a global phenomenon and shouldn't be attributed to a city tho a lot needs to be done by the government.
The other day the city of Accra witnessed worst.

In Ogbomosho people will be taking their bathe, fetching the water for cooking in this condition.
Always deflecting from reality just to hide from shame associated with his region, we all know where the erosion capital of West Africa is, it is better to show your weakness maybe help can come than forming imaginary billionaire on free basics.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by sweetjohn(m): 7:13pm On May 24, 2022
Lagos is worst in flooding. Not news at all. mtwww! moved to next topic
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by realestate99: 7:15pm On May 24, 2022
compton11:
And these afghaniEASTERN niggas would be shouting how they develope Lagos!
Lol!!! They can only develop foreign land, their own land is immuned to development. Some of them prefer to be jailed in Lagos than roaming free in Alaigbo
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Omodua(m): 7:42pm On May 24, 2022
Islandlady:
shocked
Wow is this the mighty Alaigbo!?

Why can't the so called billionaires build proper drainage and gutter to curb this flooding undecided Our online keyboard warriors will not call out their governor, but will be insulting Tinubu and co. Every day and night
Shut up! IMO is not like Lagos with sparse rainfall at the year. The state is within Delta geographical area which experiences heavy rainfalls year in,year out.

So,be circumspect when commenting on south east affairs.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Omodua(m): 7:44pm On May 24, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Free impure water.....!

Is this one normal? Rejoicing at the floods in Owerri. It shall be your turn soon. Watch out.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by compton11(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2022
realestate99:

Lol!!! They can only develop foreign land, their own land is immuned to development. Some of them prefer to be jailed in Lagos than roaming free in Alaigbo
grin grin grin

Dem motherfvckers be like without Igbo, Nigeria will never be developed!
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Omodua(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2022
BigTableShaker:

The billionaires in alaigbo are publicity stunts.

That place is a godforsaken potopoto region.
Where is your place. Or,you are of those who came to appropriate the political heritage of Lagos in the name of Oduduwa?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Jamesbally: 7:52pm On May 24, 2022
Dopeluiz:

Make I show you proof say you lie

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by sematec(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2022
the govt should be ashamed of themselves cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:23pm On May 24, 2022
Administration1:
Na WA oooo.
Most times we are the cause of flooding, you know why, we all feel that pet coke empty bottle we throw away in the gutter is capable of causing such.
Forget PET bottle. How many people can afford soft drinks now.
You see that Pure water sachet eh? Pure menace
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Dopeluiz(m): 8:26pm On May 24, 2022
Jamesbally:

Make I show you proof say you lie

Boss, no need... Do ur pics look like a township or city?? U mentioned town or city and I gave u Nsukka town. Its like u have not been there recently. It does not get flooded and the major roads are good. Many parts of Nsukka have up to 20hr electricity. If u made the original comment to hate on Igbos then maybe I shud never have replied. I am notfrom the SE. U go snap village begin make noise.. Even the cities in ur state don't have roads this bad.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Mystic216: 8:37pm On May 24, 2022
Islandlady:
shocked
Wow is this the mighty Alaigbo!?

Why can't the so called billionaires build proper drainage and gutter to curb this flooding undecided Our online keyboard warriors will not call out their governor, but will be insulting Tinubu and co. Every day and night
Your parents must have been one of the w*rst patents out there as they have buried so much hate in you against a particular tribe
You are a girl please
Get sense

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 8:58pm On May 24, 2022
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 9:04pm On May 24, 2022
realestate99:

Always deflecting from reality just to hide from shame associated with his region, we all know where the erosion capital of West Africa is, it is better to show your weakness maybe help can come than forming imaginary billionaire on free basics.
Isn't there also flooding in supposedly high-brow areas of Lagos (Lekki) or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucKVzTBkoZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwBRMw7LQo
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Peppysco: 9:27pm On May 24, 2022
[quote author=ItsGoodToBeGood post=113124824][/quote]

The truth is always bitter. You insult others yet you don't want to be insulted. Many of you would have become Voltron if this were to happen elsewhere but because say na for Ina side, it is normal. Bunch of people suffering from selective dementia
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by nkwoemeka(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2022
Owerri 50;000. 5star hotels no factory share for hotel . like for industry
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Jamesbally: 10:00pm On May 24, 2022
Dopeluiz:

Boss, no need... Do ur pics look like a township or city?? U mentioned town or city and I gave u Nsukka town. Its like u have not been there recently. It does not get flooded and the major roads are good. Many parts of Nsukka have up to 20hr electricity. If u made the original comment to hate on Igbos then maybe I shud never have replied. I am notfrom the SE. U go snap village begin make noise.. Even the cities in ur state don't have roads this bad.

See as you dey hype EAST and Nsuka. Like say no be place wey I work in Before. I know Enugu like the back of my hand.

There's nothing special about Enugu. The City where the Governor shares Wheel Barrows to the Youths on hired purchase basis. They claimed it's a way of aliviating poverty in the State. grin grin

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by ghostwriter85(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2022
When most villages here don't have good drainages, why won't it be flooded.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by teemac01(m): 1:47am On May 25, 2022
LIGHT STILL DEY...NORMAL NORMAL DEM SUPPOSE DON OF LIGHT...LOL
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by ItsGoodToBeGood: 3:26am On May 25, 2022
Peppysco:

The truth is always bitter. You insult others yet you don't want to be insulted. Many of you would have become Voltron if this were to happen elsewhere but because say na for Ina side, it is normal. Bunch of people suffering from selective dementia

Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by Kekenary: 9:13am On May 25, 2022
Abakaliki in Ebonyi State.
Jamesbally:
Someone should mention one Town or City in the EAST, that is free from floods due to good drainages and Roads and I'll give the Person 10k.

The infrastructure in the East are in a sorry State. The few ones that are available are regularly destroyed by IPOB.
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:39am On May 25, 2022
WHERE UNA IPOB TO HELEP UNA.
NA ONLY TO KILL FOR RITUALS THEM SABI sad angry
Re: Owerri Flood Menace: Pictures & Video by AFRICANJAMAICA: 9:14pm On May 25, 2022
Jamesbally:

Poor James.
Talk too much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Establishes Visa Centre In Enugu / US Family Preference Visa Waiters Lounge / Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.