Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? (16209 Views)

Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2022
In as much as it would be considered progress having moved from fire to frying pan in regards the motorcycle menace one faces in Lagos on Highways especially the lekki corridors, but with the dispatch riders, the apple really has not fallen far from the tree.

In all Honesty, one thinks the Dispatch rider menace is growing rapidly out of hand, these people are reckless drivers, it's more like 80% of "Okada" riders metamorphosed with their terrible attitude to dispatch riders.

They drive their bikes with reckless abandon and cross highways like they own the road while auto drivers are peasants, they want to maneuver in the littlest crack even if it would cost scratches and dents on the car beside it, they hit your car when you warn them about the space being small while suggesting they look for a better route..

They form a swarm of bees if you eventually decide to take it out on anyone of them..

They barely observe auto pointers even lack common sense judgement on vehicular movements..

Forcing a passenger in between the rider and the dispatch box..

Most carry goods way bigger than the dispatch box : with no side mirrors, making them ride like headless chickens at an uncontrollable speed if a car decides to swerve avoiding an object.

No respect to traffic lights: I purposely almost hit one the other day, because obviously he must have thought the cars at the red lights are really stupid.

The other day one was racing with a car not considering he is just riding on two wheels with tires filled with hot air, I slowed down to let him pass and he had this delight and smirk on his face like he had won the champions league.

There should be a law on bikes sticking to the right side of the highway, that way motorist knows to give room for them...

Here is a thread of one almost killed, yet another on same express hailing Nairamarley..
https://www.nairaland.com/6519785/dispatch-rider-almost-crushed-tanker

In the attached picture, what is dispatch doing between a car and a truck on a 14lanes lekki tailgate expressway..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by andysmith123(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2022
just set leg for them if they try to overtake you again!

5 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by andysmith123(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2022
it can only be in lagos......they use public highway to pratice FORMULA 1

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by slawormiir: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Same thing I observed in Benin City

Those people are turning into nuisance

They drive like Jason statham, vin diesel with their moto cycle

mmsen:
Most Nigerian motorists would lose their license within a year if they drove in Europe.
They will be banned from driving permanently if them drive for Arab countries and Middle East like oman and qatar
Even Americans and Europeans dey fail driving test for middle East....am talking from experience

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Yes. In the other day one hit my bumper and start claiming right, before you know it they full. In front of my house. I just do the needful by releasing three of my Dogs. Come hear abeg sir, please sir.....me I form deaf ear nah. ���

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by YungMike(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Abeg no let Lagos Government ban them o!

...are you Aware that you can get internet 1gb data for as low as #255...Valid on for 30days.

Also make up to #3000 as a data reseller.

Check my signature for contact.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Those dispatch riders are really a big menace on Lagos roads

They ride as if they have got extra eight-life without considering if others have got extra life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by streum: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Riding Bikes in Lagos major roads is still an offence. If you jam one with motor, you'll be charged to court for man slaughtering and asked to pay 500 naira.

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Yes they are.
Dispatch riders can pass through your sitting room to the next street if you leave your door open.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by iCauseTrouble: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Government go reason dia matter very soon

3 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2022
They are already a menace. And they are been crushed by motorists every blessed day, yet they won't learn.

Online business is dead without logistics, but the way these riders endanger their own lives makes you wonder if they have photocopy of their lives.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by mejai(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2022
Ndi Ara, ndi Ara, that's what they are.

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by myike2(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2022
Before nko? Didn’t you know that dispatch riders are ex okada riders? They only changed the name from okada riders to dispatch riders, just as they changed the names from SARS to SWAT

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by chukwuibuipob: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
sad U want Me Point and Kill BAN them
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tutudesz: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
They are still the same Okada rider undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Belial06: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
[s]
Esseite:
In as much as it would be considered progress having moved from fire to frying pan in regards the motorcycle menace one faces in Lagos on Highways especially the lekki corridors, but with the dispatch riders, the apple really has not fallen far from the tree.

In all Honesty, one thinks the Dispatch rider menace is growing rapidly out of hand, these people are reckless drivers, it's more like 80% of "Okada" riders metamorphosed with their terrible attitude to dispatch riders.

They drive their bikes with reckless abandon and cross highways like they own the road while auto drivers are peasants, they want to maneuver in the littlest crack even if it would cost scratches and dents on the car beside it, they hit your car when you warn them about the space being small while suggesting they look for a better route..

They form a swarm of bees if you eventually decide to take it out on anyone of them..

They barely observe auto pointers even lack common sense judgement on vehicular movements..

Forcing a passenger in between the rider and the dispatch box..

Most carry goods way bigger than the dispatch box : with no side mirrors, making them ride like headless chickens at an uncontrollable speed if a car decides to swerve avoiding an object.

No respect to traffic lights: I purposely almost hit one the other day, because obviously he must have thought the cars at the red lights are really stupid.

The other day one was racing with a car not considering he is just riding on two wheels with tires filled with hot air, I slowed down to let him pass and he had this delight and smirk on his face like he had won the champions league.

There should be a law on bikes sticking to the right side of the highway, that way motorist knows to give room for them...

Here is a thread of one almost killed, yet another on same express hailing Nairamarley..
https://www.nairaland.com/6519785/dispatch-rider-almost-crushed-tanker

In the attached picture, what is dispatch doing between a car and a truck on a 14lanes lekki tailgate expressway..
[/s]

Never bring a man down if you can't help him up. These guys are trying to survive in a country that offers them nothing . Where the leaders are a group of greedy corrupt criminals .

You took away okada riding from them now they are surviving as dispatch riders , yet you are complaining again?

What works in Nigeria really? Show me one politician from your president who disobeys court orders to any local government councillor that obeys the laws!

Yes they are rough on the roads but caution anyone whenever you can while remembering,that person is a father , a husband, a brother who is trying to feed his family instead of engaging in crime like your government who sit and steal with their pens.

I respect a reckless dispatch rider anytime any day over any governmental official. Because he is earning an honest living while the government just steal !!

Live and let live! Don't give a dog a bad name just to justify your planned murder of the same dog

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by mu2sa2: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
The admirable thing about lagos which sets it apart from the rest of the country is that they enforce their laws. These reckless riders will soon know that "eko oni baje" isn't an empty slogan.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Gallantbaby: 8:50am On Jan 28, 2022
Terrible people. Rough riders
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Ijaya123: 8:50am On Jan 28, 2022
I thought I’m the only one that observed that. They are a great menace on the road. Including Keke riders too.

Very reckless and carefree on the road. At times I wonder if they keep extra of their body parts at home in case of accident.

Belial06:
[s][/s]

Never bring a man down if you can't help him up. These guys are trying to survive in a country that offers them nothing . Where the leaders are a group of greedy corrupt criminals .

You took away okada riding from then now they are surviving as dispatch riders , yet you are complaining again?

What works in Nigeria really? Show me one politician from your president who disobeys court orders to any local government councillor that obeys the laws!

Yes they are rough on the roads but caution anyone whenever you can while remembering,that person is a father , a husband, a brother trying to feed his family instead of engaging in crime like you government who sit and steal with their pens.

I respect a reckless dispatch rider anytime any day over any governmental official. Because he is earning an honest living while the government just steal !!

Live and let live! Don't give a dog a bad name just to justify your planned murder of the same dog

This is the most senseless and ridiculous comment I’ve read in a long time.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Janiobi(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2022
GTA naija
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2022
Dispatch riders in Lagos are mostly transformed Okada riders and they are wired to be suicidal ...

18 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by BennyDGreat: 8:51am On Jan 28, 2022
Made me remember Taooma's skit with Mclively as Dispatch rider. grin

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by YellowMayor(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2022
streum:
Riding Bikes in Lagos major roads is still an offence. If you jam one with motor, you'll be charged to court for man slaughtering and asked to pay 500 naira.

Are you serious at the bolded?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Folabifreeman(m): 8:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Someone other than me has finally said it!

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

You took away okada riding from then now they are surviving as dispatch riders , yet you are complaining again?

So for that, they should not observe traffic rules? They should keep endangering their lives and others because they want to make ends meet?

Some of you NLers are very weird aswearugad!

37 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tutudesz: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Surviving over the safety of others undecided So because Government officials don't obey law, its ok for everybody to disobey the law shocked

17 Likes

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Realdeals(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Average Nigerian is, reasons rules and regulations enforcement is crucial to tame whatever excesses.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Abi kẹke?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Belial06: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
[s]
BeardedmeatR:
So for that, they should not observing traffic rules? They should endanger their lives and others because they want to make ends meet?

Some of you NLers are very weird aswearugad!
[/s]

Your grammar shows you are indeed strange to begin with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... / 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash / Guide To Iyinzu Waterfall In Ezimo, Enugu State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.