Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update (1107 Views)

Dont Update Your Infinix Note 4 / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / Samsung Note, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Kaymicheal852: 2:12pm On May 24, 2022
So I just got samsung note 9 and it's on android 9 but surprisingly it doesn't have system or software update menu in settings so I can't update to android 10 at all

Anyone here that can help me with that or can help me with flashing custom rom
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by PermSec01(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2022
Kaymicheal852:
So I just got samsung note 9 and it's on android 9 but surprisingly it doesn't have system or software update menu in settings so I can't update to android 10 at all

Anyone here that can help me with that or can help me with flashing custom rom
seems yhu bought London used one.... It more of original clone.... Not the original Samsung

2 Likes

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Kaymicheal852: 2:32pm On May 24, 2022
PermSec01:
seems yhu bought London used one.... It more of original clone.... Not the original Samsung

Arrrrrrrrrr

That means there is nothing I can do than just to return it
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by bigcee(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2022
Samsung made in Onitsha grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by SqueezedPant: 4:25pm On May 24, 2022
You can flash custom roms on it ,there are different custom roms on it so just choose the best one
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by PermSec01(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

Arrrrrrrrrr

That means there is nothing I can do than just to return it
it gon serve yhu well tho... But if yhuvfeel by force it must be able to update...then don't go for any S series or Note series if yhu can't buy the original new one from store....cos dose show glass one in GSM Village are all London use... D only original yhu can get as fairly use and original as well are the A series and M series...

1 Like

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by YourFavorite21(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2022
This is why I don't buy London used Note series, I rather buy A series .

2 Likes

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by donbenie(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2022
PermSec01:
it gon serve yhu well tho... But if yhuvfeel by force it must be able to update...then don't go for any S series or Note series if yhu can't buy the original new one from store....cos dose show glass one in GSM Village are all London use... D only original yhu can get as fairly use and original as well are the A series and M series...
What exactly do you mean by London used?
Seems to me you are using the term London used, to be the same thing as clone devices ,which was not the original meaning..
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Hueyreckless0007: 10:30pm On May 24, 2022
The main reason why you can't update is because the phone is rooted.

Go to settings and check your android status
You'll see something like Dr Ketan's rom .....
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by PermSec01(m): 10:33pm On May 24, 2022
donbenie:
What exactly do you mean by London used?
Seems to me you are using the term London used, to be the same thing as clone devices ,which was not the original meaning..
dey call it London use bcuz it mostly clone or refurbished.... It neva an original straight from factory.... Most old S and Note series yhu see on show glass are clone but yhu will hardly distinguished with d original in term of operations and appearance.... Where d discrepancy will be revealed is in d area of update of the OS and security.... The London use (Clone) don't do dat... Only the original does
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by SKhanmi: 11:23pm On May 24, 2022
PermSec01:
dey call it London use bcuz it mostly clone or refurbished.... It neva an original straight from factory.... Most old S and Note series yhu see on show glass are clone but yhu will hardly distinguished with d original in term of operations and appearance.... Where d discrepancy will be revealed is in d area of update of the OS and security.... The London use (Clone) don't do dat... Only the original does

He's right. You're confusing both terms confidently. You might want to spend some time in the technology market section to learn the difference.
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2022
PermSec01:
So refurbished phones are bad
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Boogyman557: 9:21am On May 25, 2022
PermSec01:
Holly Gram cool Na 4 ur MOUTH I de hear dis 1 ooo

London used phone is different from a cloned phone..

Abeg enter market and ask questions. no de confuse people for here..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

2 Likes

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Freeko4: 9:34am On May 25, 2022
PermSec01:

You are totally wrong, All the Samsung S & note series i have been using are London used I purchased from Gsm village @ikeja and all can update. Starting from s6 plus, s7 edge, s9 plus, note 9, and lastly note 10 plus

There is a huge difference between London used and refurbished phone.

London used phone: The phones are original phones that have been used by a previous owner who is not in the same location as the new buyer, even if the warranty issued by the company it was originally purchased from is still valid, the new owner cannot take advantage of it.

Refurbished phone: Refurbish devices can be said to be a replicate, duplicate or the resemblance of an original digital devices like phones, tablets or laptops, also you can call this devices reconditioned

Note: an original phone can be called a refurbished phone once it has undergone repairs/change of parts. The original phone has been reconditioned.

9 Likes

Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Ajilenu: 3:23pm On May 25, 2022
SqueezedPant:
You can flash custom roms on it ,there are different custom roms on it so just choose the best one
how can this be done?
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Ajilenu: 3:25pm On May 25, 2022
Freeko4:

You are totally wrong, All the Samsung S & note series i have been using are London used I purchased from Gsm village @ikeja and all can update. Starting from s6 plus, s7 edge, s9 plus, note 9, and lastly note 10 plus

There is a huge difference between London used and refurbished phone.

London used phone: The phones are original phones that have been used by a previous owner who is not in the same location as the new buyer, even if the warranty issued by the company it was originally purchased from is still valid, the new owner cannot take advantage of it.

Refurbished phone: Refurbish devices can be said to be a replicate, duplicate or the resemblance of an original digital devices like phones, tablets or laptops, also you can call this devices reconditioned

Note: an original phone can be called a refurbished phone once it has undergone repairs/change of parts. The original phone has been reconditioned.
what if they sold refurbished phone and called it London used phone to him?
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by SqueezedPant: 1:38am On May 26, 2022
Ajilenu:
how can this be done?

Go to xda but if it confuses you ,I can put you step by step on Whatsapp
Re: My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update by Ajilenu: 2:17pm On May 26, 2022
SqueezedPant:

Go to xda but if it confuses you ,I can put you step by step on Whatsapp
okay. 08137137224

(1) (Reply)

How Much Data Do You Use On Daily Basis(photo)? / This Is Why I Love Tecno Spark 9 / Need Help On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.