Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation (720 Views)

Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) / Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Tunsbobo(m): 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2011
Lagos – The Action Congress of
Nigeria, ACN, has slammed the
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
for asking Gov. Babatunde
Fashola to resign over the recent
flooding in the state, describing the
call as a failed attempt to make
political capital out of an
unfortunate situation.
In a statement, Friday, by its
National Publicity Secretary,
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party
said the government of Lagos state
was highly proactive and responsive
over the flooding, hence it deserves
commendation rather than
condemnation.
It said if PDP’s warped logic in
calling for Gov. Fashola’s
resignation were to be extended, then
President Goodluck Jonathan
should by now have resigned from
office over the worsening insecurity
in the land, especially from the
rampaging Boko Haram; over the
devastating kerosene scarcity for
which his government has no clue; over
the skyrocketing cost of diesel and
the ballooning exchange rate for the
Naira, not to talk of the worsening
state of infrastructure.
”Flooding,
like tsunami
or hurricane, is
a natural
disaster for
which no
government,
not even in the
developed
countries, has
found a fool-
proof remedy.
However, what
Nigeria has
been
suffering from under the PDP are
PDP-made disasters, which could
have been averted by purposeful
governance,” the party said.
ACN said long before the rains
started, the government had been
warning residents to brace up for
what will be an unusually intense
rainy season, while also clearing
drainage and opening flood channels
across the state in an effort to
mitigate the impact of the heavy
rains.
”Unfortunately, Lagos received
264mm of rainfall last Sunday,
which the Nigerian Institute for
Oceanography and Marine Research
said was the equivalent of the
volume normally received in a whole
month. When this is added to the
topography of Lagos and the
unsavoury attitude of some residents
in turning drainage into refuse
dumps,the effect was far reaching.
”But the government’s response was
immediate and impressive.
Officials were quickly deployed
across the state to assess the
situation and put in place palliative
measures; public schools were shut to
protect pupils and students while
residents who did not have to be on
the roads were asked to stay off, to
allow for a proper assessment of the
situation.
”Even Gov. Fashola and his team
hit the road, touring the affected
areas and ordering immediate actions
to alleviate the impact. This is
responsive governance!” the party
said, warning the PDP to keep quiet
if it has no meaningful contribution
to make towards finding a lasting
solution to the perennial flooding
problem.
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2011
Post the phucking link - And format the phucking text.

(Everything concerning ACN seems to be below par)
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by aljharem3: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sun of god:

Tanks,

u are such an uncultured young boy. u should behave urself as an ambassador of southern nigeria u ideeiot
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

u are such an uncultured young boy. u should behave urself as an ambassador of southern nigeria u ideeiot

See this 'Devil'

Uncultured? Who taught you that word?

You dont even have a culture you cross breed mongrel.

Have you not disgraced yourself enough for one day.

Dont phuck with me my friend - I will happily destroy you mentally and spiritually here.

Silly Kanuri Aboki,
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by aljharem3: 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sun of god:

See this 'Devil'

Dont phuck with me my friend - I will happily destroy you mentally and spiritually here.

Silly Kanuri Aboki,

You see here we go again. I would expect you to behave yourself on a public forum such as this. Grow up and act like an educated young lad you are. As an elderly statesman on this forum, I think it is my civil duty to chastise you to behave yourself Ok. Now go play around small boy
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

You see here we go again. I would expect you to behave yourself in a public forum such as this. Grow up and act like an educated young lad you are. As an elderly statesman on this forum, I think it is my civil duty to chastise you to behave yourself Ok. Now go play around small boy

Ok - So your out to derail another thread.

Typical of you and your immature backward nature.

You act like a very wayward, mischievious 14 year old child.

And your command of English is equivalent to that of an 8 year old.

Most of your post I do find comical - just as I still find clowns comical.

I really do pity you - you have major psychological issues.
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by EkoIle1: 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
Lagos – The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has slammed the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,  for asking Gov. Babatunde Fashola to resign over the recent flooding in the state, describing the call as a failed attempt to make political capital out of an unfortunate situation.

In a statement, Friday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the government of Lagos state was highly proactive and responsive over the flooding, hence it deserves commendation rather than condemnation.

It said if PDP’s warped logic in calling for Gov. Fashola’s resignation were to be extended, then President Goodluck Jonathan should by now have resigned from office over the worsening insecurity in the land, especially from the rampaging Boko Haram; over the devastating kerosene scarcity for which his government has no clue; over the skyrocketing cost of diesel and the ballooning exchange rate for the Naira, not to talk of the worsening state of infrastructure.

Flood : Apapa/Oshodi Expressway flooded due to heavy down pour thereby causing traffic buildups for motorists. Photo by Sylva Eleanya

”Flooding, like tsunami or hurricane, is a natural disaster for which no government, not even in the developed countries, has found a fool-proof remedy. However, what Nigeria has been suffering from under the PDP are PDP-made disasters, which could have been averted by purposeful governance,” the party said.

ACN said long before the rains started, the government had been warning residents to brace up for what will be an unusually intense rainy season, while also clearing drainage and opening flood channels across the state in an effort to mitigate the impact of the heavy rains.

”Unfortunately, Lagos received 264mm of rainfall last Sunday, which the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research said was the equivalent of the volume normally received in a whole month. When this is added to the topography of Lagos and the unsavoury attitude of some residents in turning drainage into refuse dumps,the effect was far reaching.

”But the government’s response was immediate and impressive. Officials were quickly deployed across the state to assess the situation and put in place palliative measures; public schools were shut to protect pupils and students while residents who did not have to be on the roads were asked to stay off, to allow for a proper assessment of the situation.

”Even Gov. Fashola and his team hit the road, touring the affected areas and ordering immediate actions to alleviate the impact. This is responsive governance!” the party said, warning the PDP to keep quiet if it has no meaningful contribution to make towards finding a lasting solution to the perennial flooding problem.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-acn-slams-pdp-over-call-for-fasholas-resignation/
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2011
Lagos – The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has slammed the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,  for asking Gov. Babatunde Fashola to resign over the recent flooding in the state, describing the call as a failed attempt to make political capital out of an unfortunate situation.

In a statement, Friday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the government of Lagos state was highly proactive and responsive over the flooding, hence it deserves commendation rather than condemnation.

It said if PDP’s warped logic in calling for Gov. Fashola’s resignation were to be extended, then President Goodluck Jonathan should by now have resigned from office over the worsening insecurity in the land, especially from the rampaging Boko Haram; over the devastating kerosene scarcity for which his government has no clue; over the skyrocketing cost of diesel and the ballooning exchange rate for the Naira, not to talk of the worsening state of infrastructure.

Flood : Apapa/Oshodi Expressway flooded due to heavy down pour thereby causing traffic buildups for motorists. Photo by Sylva Eleanya

”Flooding, like tsunami or hurricane, is a natural disaster for which no government, not even in the developed countries, has found a fool-proof remedy. However, what Nigeria has been suffering from under the PDP are PDP-made disasters, which could have been averted by purposeful governance,” the party said.

ACN said long before the rains started, the government had been warning residents to brace up for what will be an unusually intense rainy season, while also clearing drainage and opening flood channels across the state in an effort to mitigate the impact of the heavy rains.

”Unfortunately, Lagos received 264mm of rainfall last Sunday, which the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research said was the equivalent of the volume normally received in a whole month. When this is added to the topography of Lagos and the unsavoury attitude of some residents in turning drainage into refuse dumps,the effect was far reaching.

”But the government’s response was immediate and impressive. Officials were quickly deployed across the state to assess the situation and put in place palliative measures; public schools were shut to protect pupils and students while residents who did not have to be on the roads were asked to stay off, to allow for a proper assessment of the situation.

”Even Gov. Fashola and his team hit the road, touring the affected areas and ordering immediate actions to alleviate the impact. This is responsive governance!” the party said, warning the PDP to keep quiet if it has no meaningful contribution to make towards finding a lasting solution to the perennial flooding problem.

Fashola - Here's the dictionary definition of 'Proactive'

serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, especially a negative or difficult one; anticipatory:

Fashola - You Failed in being Proactive and the 'Reactive' measures you took were ineffective and 'Futile'

(Futile - incapable of producing any result; ineffective; useless; not successful)
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Tunsbobo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sun of god:

(Everything concerning ACN seems to be below par)
now that you have been given the link, i hope you start behaving normally on this thread!
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by aljharem3: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^^^^^

is the guy ever normal

someone that does not stay in lagos and yet call for fashola impeachment
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
Tunsbobo:

now that you have been given the link, i hope you start behaving normally on this thread!

I have previously responded to the post. (after the link was posted)

In future provide a link to any articles you post in order for it to be verified.

Somehow I think my initial post is etched on your mind and you wont 'phuck up' again in future.

Its been a pleasure interacting with you. . . . . . . .

Take care,

(Punk)
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by EkoIle1: 11:41pm On Jul 15, 2011
Tunsbobo:

It's called trolling. Don't waste your time on trolls, just remember to always avoid that username.
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Seanet1000: 4:33am On Jul 16, 2011
Sun of god:

See this 'Devil'

Silly Kanuri Aboki,
Spiritually? You are mentally derailed i tell you! I have not seen you make a single sense on nl. Phucking Ret@rded kidnapper.
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by coolgb(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2011
Please i will be in lagos next weekend, i seriously hope one can get canoe from Oshodi to Ajah. Smh
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by phantom(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2011
You can use the new canoe rapid transit, hehehe, grin
Re: Lagos Flood: Acn Slams Pdp Over Calls For Fashola's Resignation by Sunofgod(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2011
Seanet1000:

Spiritually? You are mentally derailed i tell you! I have not seen you make a single sense on nl. Phucking Ret@rded kidnapper.

I can only take this as a joke coming from you.

(PS - I'm looking for a gate man Aboki - Please make sure you dont apply)

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Armed Men Attack Villagers In Kaduna / London Riots Claim First Casualty •man Shot Dead In His Car / Jos Erupts Again! Pregnant Woman, 13 Family Members Wiped Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.