Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor (14179 Views)

Searching For Fashola's Achievements / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office / Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Jegede26: 5:06am On Jul 07, 2013
The Lagos State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria has refuted speculations that Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the wife of the National Leader of the Party, Bola Tinubu, has been chosen to succeed Governor Babatunde Fashola as Lagos governor.

The speculations, which have become a subject for debate on the Internet, has it that Tinubu has decided to impose his wife on the state, by ensuring that she emerges as the candidate of the ACN in the 2015 governorship election.

But the Publicity Secretary of Lagos ACN, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, told SUNDAY PUNCH that it was mere fabrication, saying the Senator was not interested in governing the state.

“No, it’s not true. There is no element of truth in that. It is a figment of the imagination of the people who are propagating the idea. The woman is not interested in that. There’s nothing like that. We see it as a rumour of the marketplace. It’s all noise and no substance. She is satisfied with where she is in the Senate,” he said.

Igbokwe added that the party was still searching for Fashola’s successor and was not in a hurry to choose anyone for the position.

He said “We are still searching. Ruling Lagos is not a tea party. The moment Fashola was elected for this second term in office, the search started. To rule Lagos is more tedious than the Federal Government in Abuja. It is not a job for the small boys or the weak. It’s a job for somebody that is intelligent; somebody that is focused; somebody that is widely travelled; a strong person with courage, that can take the bull by the horns and get things done. The job is tasking, it is not for little-minded elements.

“The search is on, 2015 is still far away. The problem we have in this country is that we don’t search for leaders. We just pick anybody and give him an office that is higher than him. Such a person will not do anything, he will just drag that office to his level and that is why we are suffering.

“Leaders are searched for, especially when it comes to the presidency of any country. Somebody with antecedent; somebody with a track record of achievement; somebody that can put up something and stand by it; that is the kind of person we are looking for.”

Though Tinubu had in June denied having ambition to govern Lagos, the speculation has continued to spread

Source: http://www.leadershub.org/news/were-searching-for-fasholas-successor-acn/

4 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Danhumprey: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by omiobo: 6:58am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Why search for his successor? Did the people ask you to? Why not leave them to decide their fate and destiny in the next election?

See stupidity in display. The topic says "We are" in other way, it means the people of the party.

Pls next time reason very well before you post.

12 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mascot87(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2013
omiobo:

See stupidity in display. The topic says "We are" in other way, it means the people of the party.

Pls next time reason very well before you post.
Don't mind him,to understand a very simple statement is his problem.Probably while he was growing up there are no good English teachers to put him through. SMH angry

3 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by REMMEI(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2013
..politics
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by johnteddy(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2013
Make we wait and see nah
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mesther96(f): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2013
ok na,ultimate search tinzcheesy
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by dokunbam(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2013
me me pick me
i will deliver even more than baba fash
a trial will convince lagosians
just for 4 years and u will see
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by djsmart(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Do they lost any successor? Then why searching.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by batstan(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Hope we get it right this time around and not just recycle another pen-robber in a new sachet.
cool
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by tunji2003(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2013
AS the man said ruling Lagos is not tea party I quite agree with him they work harder

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by tunji2003(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2013
AS the man said ruling Lagos is not tea party I quite agree with him they should work harder
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by JackBaueress(f): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2013
Na so dem dey talk! Na siddon dey look we dey so o! cheesy
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by k2039: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Why search for his successor? Did the people ask you to? Why not leave them to decide their fate and destiny in the next election?
[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39484278.jpg[/img]

5 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by alphaconde(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2013
If they can't find a successor PDP can. No need to bore us with all these.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 07, 2013
So this vile outcast is still talking? A man that has been banished from his village for being of disreputable character.

He couldn't even make his point (assuming he had any) without throwing thinly-veiled barbs at the presidency. Irrespective of the outcome of the so-called "search", you and your rascally masters would be disgraced out of Lagos in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by bdolusegun: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2013
Let the search continues. But.......... E go dey tough small sha o
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by 141samuel: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2013
let hope u fine gud successor to succed him
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by finebadtboy(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2013
dokunbam: me me pick me
shocked I thought I was watching shrek. grin lol for me me pick me grin guy that will be risky, you of all people? Guy I sabi you na, you go finish all the money tongue
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Brimmie(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2013
[size=20]Lagos Be Like Country!! E No Be Moi-Moi! cheesy cheesy

I Pray ACN Shld Find A Better Candidate.. An Innovative And Visionary Leader Like Oga Fash!

Eko O Ni Baje Ooo!!
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by batstan(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2013
dokunbam: me me pick me

Oya nah, bring money make we print posters and buy some rice and wrapppers for the omoniles
grin
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by yuzedo: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2013
rilly? No wonder jagaban + fashala have bin calling my tellyfone. I tot is bicos of d unilag sweet babes I promiss dem. smiley

9 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by dridowu: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
opportunity 4 me to rule lasgidi, i need to rescue lagos frm jagaban
happy sunday
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by batstan(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2013
141samuel: let hope u fine gud successor to succed him
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Chinom(m): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Maybe an Igbo man is needed this time around. This is my thinking and i no get the time or MBs to reply to any i.diotic comment.

An Igbo governor will do wonders for Lagos.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by meetmuyiwa(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2013
Pick me! Pick me!! Pick me!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2013
Chinom: Maybe an Igbo man is needed this time around. This is my thinking and i no get the time or MBs to reply to any i.diotic comment.

An Igbo governor will do wonders for Lagos.

Please get the fucck out of this thread
Go back to nnewi angry angry

11 Likes

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by lekkie073(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2013
The only viable candidate is......abike dabiri_erewa. If u agree, click 'like'

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Okeikpu(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2013
Wetin una dey search sef wey no dey 4google?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National grazing bill has expired, says senate / Bukola Saraki Meets With Party Delegates And Executives In Cross River / Deported Isa Muazu Returns To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.