Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party (3511 Views)

Obi Set Igbo Political Trajectory 24 Years Back – Nnamani Says After Losing / Peter Obi Set To Commission Sokoto Labour Party Secretariat Donated By Obident / Peter Obi Set To Tour Nigerian Universities (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by adekolaelect(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2022
Bobloco:

Lack the Dollars to mobilise...

Be specific
Nothing is free.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by techWriter3: 9:12pm On May 24, 2022
Why not APGA

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Golan007: 9:24pm On May 24, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Peter Obi is principled and will not be caught in the business of political prostitution

Just that he abandoned the party that brought him to prominence.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Transcriber: 9:27pm On May 24, 2022
Mynd44:
Sounds like gossip.

it IS gossip
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Golan007: 9:54pm On May 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
What do you guys benefit from lies??

There's a source though.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Foolishbuhari: 12:21am On May 25, 2022
Joeyzinho:
Why not APGA ? grin

Cry some more or do you need loud speaker? cheesy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by pchukwudi: 7:17am On May 25, 2022
Liar, show a video of where he swore the oath.

Amoral and diabolical bigot.

seunmsg:

Obi has no principle. He’s just a political prostitute just like the rest of them. When he was in APGA, he swore never to leave the party but today, he’s in PDP. If he’s going to be on the ballot in 2023, Labour or any other smaller party is his best bet.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Ododoeye0020(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Peter Obi is principled and will not be caught in the business of political prostitution
Principled but left APGA the party that made him a governor for good eight years
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by seunmsg(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2022
pchukwudi:
Liar, show a video of where he swore the oath.

Amoral and diabolical bigot.

Pachukwudi44 my long time friend. How’s the contest in PDP going? Are you enjoying how Wike is showing Obi and Atiku shege as I predicted a king time ago? I can you will disappear from Nairaland fully once Wike picks the ticket next week grin

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Spandau: 11:47am On May 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Pachukwudi44 my long time friend. How’s the contest in PDP going? Are you enjoying how Wike is showing Obi and Atiku shege as I predicted a king time ago? I can you will disappear from Nairaland fully once Wike picks the ticket next week grin

Kadoso Mutairu!
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Wike can only pick up the ticket for the chairmanship of Obia kpor LGA
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 5:42pm On May 25, 2022
The deed is done. grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 5:44pm On May 25, 2022
EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi dumps PDP, pulls out of presidential primaries

The frontline presidential aspirant feared he might be humiliated at the opposition party’s convention this weekend, Peoples Gazette heard.

Peter Obi, the presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, has left the main opposition platform, Peoples Gazette can report.

Mr Obi’s exit, coming on the eve of hotly-contested presidential primaries, came as the politician expressed fears he might be humiliated at the convention in Abuja.

Mr Obi confirmed his exit to Peoples Gazette on Wednesday evening, saying he caught wind of a gang up against him.

He did not immediately disclose his next platform.

The development is expected to put additional spotlight on the PDP’s primaries scheduled to be held in Abuja this weekend, where Mr Obi was initially seen as a front runner in a race that includes Atiku Abubakar, Nyesom Wike, Dele Momodu, Bukola Saraki and other bigwigs.

A spokesman for the PDP did not immediately return a request seeking comments.

A source familiar with the development said Mr Obi feared he might not do well at the convention, despite his widespread popularity and fame amongst everyday Nigerians

Source
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by criminalmindz: 5:47pm On May 25, 2022
Labour party get structures?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 7:16pm On May 25, 2022
criminalmindz:
Labour party get structures?

If you ask me, nah who I go ask?

BusinessDay gathered that Obi is joining the Labour Party (LP) to continue his presidential ambition.
Source: https://businessday.ng/politics/article/peter-obi-dumps-pdp-set-for-labour-party/
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 7:21pm On May 25, 2022
Okupe, who addressed journalists shortly after submitting the letter, however said Obi will be on the ballot in the 2023 presidential race.

There are speculations that the former Anambra Governor might have quietly joined the Labour Party (LP) where he is said to have been offered the party’s presidential ticket.

Okupe said: “You will recall that consistently, former Governor Peter Obi has repeatedly stated that he’s not desperate to be President, but he’s desperate to cause a change, to cause a redirection, to change the way the government of Nigeria is being run and it’s for this reason and to offer solution to the various problems of Nigeria

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/updated-peter-obi-resigns-from-pdp-may-seek-labour-partys-ticket/
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by nku5: 7:34pm On May 25, 2022
The way Tinubu's mongrels are celebrating Peter Obi's exit from PDP shows how they scared they are of the man grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Nebulax: 7:35pm On May 25, 2022
Nebulax:
Obi should just forget about Nigeria Politics.

So many odds against him. He should save his money

As if I knew
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 7:55pm On May 25, 2022
Peter Obi may join Labour Party

...The PUNCH learnt that the former Anambra State governor had been in talks with the Labour Party and might be defecting to the party soon.

However, it remains unclear if he will be given the party’s automatic ticket as renowned political economist, Prof. Pat Utomi, is expected to pick up the Presidential form of the Labour Party on Thursday.

Source: https://punchng.com/peter-obi-may-join-labour-party/
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by 1880b: 7:18am On May 26, 2022
Nebulax:

As if I knew
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Dhury: 7:26am On May 26, 2022
Skyview01:
Labour party of Nigeria or UK?. The guy sabi waste him time and efforts.
He will never be a president in Nigeria. Why The North and most of the west will never vote for him and he doesn't have what it take to play national politics in Nigeria.
I believe he is a good man though.
don't mind him .he thinks he will win with the support of ipob cannibalist online
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Peter Obi Set To Join Labour Party by Talawaka: 11:15am On May 27, 2022
2023: LP In Talks With Peter Obi – Pat Utomi

Professor Pat Utomi, one of the political stakeholders in the country has said that the Labour Party (LP) is in touch with a former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi.

Obi, a former presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dumped the party on Wednesday to pitch a tent with another political party ahead of the 2023 polls.

Utomi confirmed to newsmen at the LP National Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday that he was one of those in touch with Obi, to pitch a tent with LP which he described as the winning party in 2023.

He said,” Yes, we are in touch. I’m in touch with Peter Obi.” Asked to share what their discussions have been, Utomi said,” We talked about the Nigerian condition, and how every person needs to collaborate.”

“If you take the temperature of the Nigerian people, if you feel their pressure, you will know that one thing they would not want is to have anything to do with APC or PDP. The two parties have run the country down. So rational people will vote out APC and PDP in 2023.”

Similarly, the LP National Chairman, Barrister Julius Abure while receiving the expression of interest and nomination forms submitted by Comrade Joshua Chinedu Obika to contest the AMAC/Bwari Federal Constitution in the National Assembly said ‘the LP will surprise Nigerians in a few weeks’ time’ because of the bigwigs that would join it.

He said the LP under his watch would not impose candidates but provide a level playing field for all the aspirants, adding that the party has all it takes to defeat the APC and PDP in 2023.

Source: https://dailytrust.com/2023-lp-in-talks-with-peter-obi-pat-utomi

Oyebanji Swears-In New Council Chairmen, Urges Focus On Security, IGR / Are Bachelor @ 53 Wants To Be Edo Governor; Our Girls And Women Are Not Safe / How Does The World See Africa