Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop (1419 Views)

Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? / I Need Someone To Help Me Create Admob Apps? / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by OdogwuMONEY: 7:11pm On May 24, 2022
Hello guys.. Please I need someone to help me convince my mom to help me get a laptop for programming. I want to start learning web development. My parents are these types of people who find it hard to give us money for anything and to top it all off, they hate computers.. Yes my mom and dad hate computers. They don't like seeing any of us with computers or phones cause they think only of the negative side of it and are too ignorant of what one stands to gain in today's world by being a tech guru... I've tried my best to convince them but to no avail. So I figured it would be best if someone who has been into the field help me talk to them.. I told my mom that there are people who have taken years to master the field and are earning hundreds of thousands of naira monthly working form home but she blatantly told me that it's a lie and that those people are probably doing yahoo-yahoo...I'm really frustrated right now and don't know what to do. I'll be going to the university soon to study a course that has no practical use in this country (but plan on switching to computer science along the way) and I needed to learn a skill that I hope on the long run would make me independent of my parents cause I am the first child of five so I thought why not learn coding...

Please guys I need someone to help me convince my mom to help me get a laptop sad I don't want to waste any more time
Please if you're interested, just let me know so that I can drop her number.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Boogyman557: 7:12pm On May 24, 2022
Holly Gram cool I no read everything but as a WEED Planter or Ganja Planter, I COMPRISUN ur message!

Who do u want ur MUMSY or PARENTS to believe. the unknown friend or known friend!

Even if u get the laptop, de will collect it from u or BREAK it in front of U..

The matters be say... U are not RESPONSIBLE yet..

U are still FEEDING under ur parents so de gat 100% control of u..

Try and look for a side hustle 1st..

Start making ur own little money..

Also buy ur own clothes with ur own money..

although I don't know ur age but if u are above 17 or 19 den u are grown up madafukerrrr...

So start by doing some small small things on ur own..

Go out der and look for a side hustle.. LEGIT one oo

I no talk sey make u go THIEF ooo..

That way de will see the MATURITY in u..

U can then get ur self a FVCKING laptop..

With 50 to 60k u can get a nice laptop..

with 30 to 40k u can still get a laptop...

LITE UP my precious WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by OdogwuMONEY: 7:17pm On May 24, 2022
Boogyman557:
boogy man? Wow, I'm a big fan. WTF man cool

Please can you help me
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by ValCon888: 7:18pm On May 24, 2022
You want to give your mother's number to strangers in a public forum.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by OdogwuMONEY: 7:23pm On May 24, 2022
ValCon888:
You want to give your mother's number to strangers in a public forum.
don't worry I ain't no fool cool I'm not giving it to everybody just a few who I feel are responsible. And besides, you seem like a responsible and wise fellow. Your display of concern really tells me that cool please, care to help? I can drop my number for you so you can call or WhatsApp me. Please I could really use your help
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Boogyman557: 7:34pm On May 24, 2022
OdogwuMONEY:
boogy man? Wow, I'm a big fan. WTF man cool

Please can you help me
Holly Gram cool don't share ur MUMSY contact to any1 here..

I repeat.. don't share ur MUMSY contact to any1 here!

No friend or friends can convince Dem ooo

I no waiting I de CAPRISUN u...

Some parents no just de agree to some matterz..

my friend wanted to become a DJ but em parents no gree support am..

the guy begin work night for hotel, save money buy small DJ equipment ...

start de go show, money begin come, parents begin show am maximum love and care..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Karleb(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2022
Tell them about flutterwave and it's founders.

Paystack too. Since they hate phones too, try to get them a hard copy of these story.

There was this book we were given in camp, Successful Nigerian Entrepreneurs, How They Started.

Fluterwave story is there. Try to see if you can get it in the market.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 24, 2022
Send her number

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 24, 2022
My guy,i believe we are age grades and thats actually the problem am facing with my parent(mostly my dad). I started learning python during this period of ASUU strike and i must confess,he doesn't support me but i do convince him how data analysis is related to my course(economics) and God so good,i have an uncle who is telling him 'bout it.
african parents are just something else.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by aronski(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2022
Well, when u start schooling in the university, lie to ur parents that there is a practical course that require u get a Laptop or else u will get a C.O/Carry over the course, as getting a laptop is a must and prerequisite for the course.

This way, they will quickly answer u.

This is the tactics I used for my mom. I needed a laptop but she would refuse to get me one, I started learning programming on my smart phone sha but I needed a laptop. When I was done with my WAEC and got denied admission 2016 I looked for jobs at business centres na their I they learn my coding. I bought my first Laptop (which cost 50K) when I was 19 years old with this LIE I just told u to use. Though my my mom is a widow and things are hard for us but I needed it sha since it matters a lot to me.
Now ah dey learn some other skills to buy Mac Book Pro 2020 cheesy because this Laptop wea be like DVD fit knock one day...

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by stanliwise(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2022
OdogwuMONEY:
.. Please try to help me convince her with facts on why she should get me the laptop and why programming is now the new oil...just sweet mouth talks sha..thanks
You’re sick bro. You’re sick for that number you just typed plain on the web
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by FlameHashira: 8:50am On May 25, 2022
stanliwise:

You’re sick bro. You’re sick for that number you just typed plain on the web
Guy rest, it's not a crime and I believe most people here aren't jobeless enough to call his mom for no reason
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Playermayweda(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
FlameHashira:

Guy rest, it's not a crime and I believe most people here aren't jobeless enough to call his mom for no reason

No be naija you dey wey no be everybody get work. Until person pour out their frustration on top him mama head, she go dey dere dey think say na village people, not knowing her number dey pass up and down for nairaland
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by stanliwise(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2022
FlameHashira:

you're speaking for yourself or the nairalanders you gave job?
which?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 25, 2022
Just called her OP

She agreed we'll sit out and talk about it on Saturday

Fingers crossed
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Sheriman(m): 8:15pm On May 25, 2022
Some of these our African Parents gan self. My Mum bought me my first bc 4HIG RAM HP 4530s laptop that I use to learn Kotlin for Android development before I later sold it to buy Dell latitude 3510 which can smoothly handle Android Studio and intelliJ idea without lagging!!
Not everyone can survive transition to tech, but it is the new oil if only you like it and serious about it.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by FlameHashira: 5:32am On May 26, 2022
Playermayweda:

No be naija you dey wey no be everybody get work. Until person pour out their frustration on top him mama head, she go dey dere dey think say na village people, not knowing her number dey pass up and down for nairaland
Normal it is what it is na him mama nah
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by excanny: 4:48pm On May 26, 2022
OdogwuMONEY:
Hello guys.. Please I need someone to help me convince my mom to help me get a laptop for programming. I want to start learning web development. My parents are these types of people who find it hard to give us money for anything and to top it all off, they hate computers.. Yes my mom and dad hate computers. They don't like seeing any of us with computers or phones cause they think only of the negative side of it and are too ignorant of what one stands to gain in today's world by being a tech guru... I've tried my best to convince them but to no avail. So I figured it would be best if someone who has been into the field help me talk to them.. I told my mom that there are people who have taken years to master the field and are earning hundreds of thousands of naira monthly working form home but she blatantly told me that it's a lie and that those people are probably doing yahoo-yahoo...I'm really frustrated right now and don't know what to do. I'll be going to the university soon to study a course that has no practical use in this country (but plan on switching to computer science along the way) and I needed to learn a skill that I hope on the long run would make me independent of my parents cause I am the first child of five so I thought why not learn coding...

Please guys I need someone to help me convince my mom to help me get a laptop sad I don't want to waste any more time

Your problem is you’re only thinking of the money to be made from tech, yet to don’t want to show some level of responsibility.

Follow what Boogeyman said. You don’t need to convince your parents. Be independent first and be able to survive at the barest, be able to feed yourself and live under your own roof, and you can buy yourself a computer.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by OdogwuMONEY: 9:32am On May 28, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Just called her OP

She agreed we'll sit out and talk about it on Saturday

Fingers crossed
lies from the farthest depths of hell grin
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by motionarena: 11:09am On May 28, 2022
OdogwuMONEY:

I can get you a laptop but you will work for me for a year
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by OdogwuMONEY: 1:50pm On May 28, 2022
motionarena:
I can get you a laptop but you will work for me for a year
how? Explain better... If it's something I like then we deal..
Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by Sadboyapogee(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2023
Please will sportybet really comes thru with a solution

Re: Please I Need Someone To Help Me Convince My Mom To Get Me A Laptop by bassdow: 1:11pm On May 25, 2023
OdogwuMONEY:

so you want We who don't know you, to Help Confuse Convince your Mum who knows You well ?

Would suggest you direct this convincing plea to someOne else (such as an Aunt, uncle, Her friend, etc) who happen to knw you better than We stranger do. Such person would be in a more better position to Convince your parent. Moreover, Chances are, Your Mum would trsut and listen to them better

(1) (Reply)

Designing Websites With Macromedia Flash / Questions For Advanced Programmers: Please Help / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.