Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea (1146 Views)

US Warships Shadowed In South China Sea By Military Vessels ( Pics) / Britain Risks China’s Wrath By Sailing Biggest Warship Into South China Sea(Pix) / China Military ‘drove Away’ US Warship In South China Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:26am On May 25, 2022
USA submarine crash- In October, U.S. fast-attack submarine crashed into an underwater ridge mountain .

The crash left the USS Connecticut nuclear-powered sub unable to operate 'for an extended period of time'.

The command investigation report released by the U.S. Navy stated the mishap could've been prevented.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/us-submarine-crash-in-south-china-sea-accumulation-of-errors-omissions-101653409437143-amp.html

A U.S. Navy investigation tasked with looking into the events that led to a nuclear submarine crashing into an "uncharted seamount" in the South China Sea last fall found the mishap was "preventable."

The Oct. 2 underwater crash of the USS Connecticut that put the submarine out of commission for months happened because of navigation planning and risk management mistakes, among other errors, according to a final investigative report by Rear Adm. Christopher Cavanaugh.

NAVY SACKS USS CONNECTICUT LEADERSHIP FOLLOWING UNDERWATER CRASH

"This mishap was preventable. It resulted from an accumulation of errors and omissions in navigation planning, watch team execution, and risk management that fell far below U.S. Navy standards," an executive summary of the investigation's findings reads. "Prudent decision-making and adherence to required procedures in any of these three areas could have prevented the grounding."

Eleven sailors suffered minor injuries in the incident, and the submarine's nuclear propulsion was damaged. Leaders aboard the submarine during the underwater crash were relieved of their duties in November.

Three additional crew members are recommended to be relieved of their positions after the investigation.

The investigation team, composed of one investigator and 13 other personnel, reviewed documents, interviewed witnesses, and conducted inspections aboard the vessel.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

The crash spurred concern overseas, with Chinese officials demanding "specific details" about what happened and "whether the collision caused a nuclear leak or damaged local marine environment."

The Connecticut is expected to be out of operation for an "extended period of time" due to the damage sustained in the incident, the report states.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/submarine-crash-in-south-china-sea-was-preventable-navy-investigation-finds?_amp=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:27am On May 25, 2022
It like China has developed a technology that causes USA submarine and fighter jet to crash all the time near China sea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by solexyy: 12:38am On May 25, 2022
SINCE OCTOBER, Y DEY TELLING US NOW? WEN U GO AROUND CAUSING TROUBLE COZ U'RE STRONG, NATURE FYTS U BACK
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:14am On May 25, 2022
solexyy:
SINCE OCTOBER, Y DEY TELLING US NOW?
WEN U GO AROUND CAUSING TROUBLE COZ U'RE STRONG, NATURE FYTS U BACK

Last time it was fighter jet land on land ship and it crashed on the way into the water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 9:08am On May 25, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
USA submarine crash- In October, U.S. fast-attack submarine crashed into an underwater ridge mountain .

The crash left the USS Connecticut nuclear-powered sub unable to operate 'for an extended period of time'.

The command investigation report released by the U.S. Navy stated the mishap could've been prevented.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/us-submarine-crash-in-south-china-sea-accumulation-of-errors-omissions-101653409437143-amp.html

A U.S. Navy investigation tasked with looking into the events that led to a nuclear submarine crashing into an "uncharted seamount" in the South China Sea last fall found the mishap was "preventable."

The Oct. 2 underwater crash of the USS Connecticut that put the submarine out of commission for months happened because of navigation planning and risk management mistakes, among other errors, according to a final investigative report by Rear Adm. Christopher Cavanaugh.

NAVY SACKS USS CONNECTICUT LEADERSHIP FOLLOWING UNDERWATER CRASH

"This mishap was preventable. It resulted from an accumulation of errors and omissions in navigation planning, watch team execution, and risk management that fell far below U.S. Navy standards," an executive summary of the investigation's findings reads. "Prudent decision-making and adherence to required procedures in any of these three areas could have prevented the grounding."

Eleven sailors suffered minor injuries in the incident, and the submarine's nuclear propulsion was damaged. Leaders aboard the submarines during the underwater crash were relieved of their duties in November.

Three additional crew members are recommended to be relieved of their positions after the investigation.

The investigation team, composed of one investigator and 13 other personnel, reviewed documents, interviewed witnesses, and conducted inspections aboard the vessel.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

The crash spurred concern overseas, with Chinese officials demanding "specific details" about what happened and "whether the collision caused a nuclear leak or damaged local marine environment."

The Connecticut is expected to be out of operation for an "extended period of time" due to the damage sustained in the incident, the report states.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/submarine-crash-in-south-china-sea-was-preventable-navy-investigation-finds?_amp=true

The problem with you is that you want to thrive on propaganda, but doing it so badly.

Not only you brought in news that happened since last year, and making it seem China have developed imaginary weapons to to crash submarines, you also went ahead to attach image of 2005 incident of submarine crashing with underwater mountain.
Man you really need to start Checking things you post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:20pm On May 25, 2022
BritishNaija:

The problem with you is that you want to thrive on propaganda, but doing it so badly.

Not only you brought in news that happened since last year, and making it seem China have developed imaginary weapons to to clash submarine, you also went ahead to attach image of 2005 incident of submarine crashing with underwater mountain.
Man you really need to start Checking things you post.

I said it like... I did not say China has.. You know the difference...

The picture is to show how submarine accidents happen.

You know I don't do fake news.

So trying be harsh on me is not fair.

If you continue to support USA then we all will head to third world war which is bad USA is the tyrant here in this scenario.

Going near China waters and near Russia border in the name of nato in Ukraine.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by satandeterrible: 3:53pm On May 25, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

If you continue to support USA then we all will head to third world war which is bad USA is the tyrant here in this scenario.

South China Sea is not China's territorial waters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 25, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

If you want to give news, don't attach fake pic with it because you are misleading readers that have limited exposure to the topic at hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2022
satandeterrible:

South China Sea is not China's territorial waters.
Thus, a note verbale submitted to the United Nations in 2009 states: “China has indisputable sovereignty over the islands in the South China Sea and the adjacent waters, and enjoys sovereign rights and jurisdiction over the relevant waters as well as the seabed and subsoil thereof.” [Emphasis added.]
https://www.csis.org › npfp › chines...
Chinese Domestic Law in the South China Sea - Center for Strategic ...

You can't tell China who owns it after all that how England stole Falkland from Argentina.

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by satandeterrible: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Thus, a note verbale submitted to the United Nations in 2009 states: “China has indisputable sovereignty over the islands in the South China Sea and the adjacent waters, and enjoys sovereign rights and jurisdiction over the relevant waters as well as the seabed and subsoil thereof.” [Emphasis added.]
https://www.csis.org › npfp › chines...
Chinese Domestic Law in the South China Sea - Center for Strategic ...
Again, China doesn't have sovereignty over the South China Sea. Moreover, many parts of it are being contested by neighbouring countries.
A statement by a bulky doesn't change facts.
China is the bully. The entirety of the South China Sea doesn't belong to the Chinese Communist Part

You can't tell China who owns it after all that how England stole Falkland from Argentina.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2022
BritishNaija:

If you want to give news, don't attach fake pic with it because you are misleading readers that have limited exposure to the topic at hand

The picture is a sub that crashed so it exactly the same way the other is it not actually a fake Pic it is a mirror picture

Visualization is important to imagination.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 25, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

The picture is a sub that crashed so it exactly the same way the other is it not actually a fake Pic it is a mirror picture

Visualization is important to imagination.

You see your problem? The Sub. that crashed last October did not have such structurer damages. You are caught and bursted, no need to try to defend it, as you keep exposing the lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2022
BritishNaija:

You see your problem? The Sub. that crashed last October did not have such structurer damages. You are caught and bursted, no need to try to defend it, as you keep exposing the lies.

I said it crash looks like this one you too don't have prove that it did not look like it.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 6:31am On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

I said it crash looks like this one you too don't have prove that it did not look like it.
:
Mr stop Defending yourself. The sub that crashed last October did not suffer structurer damages and is still in service, the commander was only relieve of his post and got replaced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:19am On May 26, 2022
BritishNaija:
:
Mr stop Defending yourself. The sub that crash last October did not suffer structurer damages and is still in service, the commander was only relieve of his post and got replaced.

West and Russia are good at hiding stuff

You really think that they will come out and tell you it suffered structural damage so that you can gloat..

Infact it was seriously damaged to the point China demand for any nukes spill to be looked into.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 7:44am On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

West and Russia are good at hiding stuff

You really think that they will come out and tell you it suffered structural damage so that you can gloat..

Infact it was seriously damaged to the point China demand for any nukes spill to be looked into.

You need help! US and Russia and China are not same. China and Russia expecially China are Good in suppressing governmental disasters, The Sub. incidence is on public record and it's still in service far way below the water of the unknown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

You need help! US and Russia and China are not same. China and Russia expecially China are Good in suppressing governmental disasters, The Sub. incidence is on public record and it's still in service far way below the water of the unknown.

OH this USA have successfully made you to trust them with all your heart no wonder when they use advanced tricks to label those they hate as evil people their fans totally believe that.

Remind me who has Guantanamo camp Cuba This like Hitler camp where he keeps those he hate yet USA does the exact same thing people remove their eyes from it

All the tactics Hitler did USA is now doing the same with perfection Infact they boast that they will succeed where Hitler failed it in many youtube videos.

Your eye will open when nukes starts flying.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 11:36am On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

OH this USA have successfully made you to trust them with all your heart no wonder when they use advanced tricks to label those they hate as evil people their fans totally believe that.

Remind me who has Guantanamo camp Cuba This like Hitler camp where he keeps those he hate yet USA does the exact same thing people remove their eyes from it

All the tactics Hitler did USA is now doing the same with perfection Infact they boast that they will succeed where Hitler failed it in many youtube videos.

Stop beating around the bush, you posted misleading information and got Bursted for it. All this your unnecessary rhetoric is not needed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

Stop beating around the bush, you posted misleading information and got Bursted for it. All this your unnecessary rhetoric is not needed.

The news was real yes the pictures were probably not the real picture so remind me again were the misleading info came from.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

The news was real yes the pictures were probably not the real picture so remind me again were the misleading info came from.

Not only you posted last year News, You juxtaposed along with it with 2005 picture, now that is misleading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 12:22pm On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
It like China has developed a technology that causes USA submarine and fighter jet to crash all the time near China sea.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You badly wish such Technology exits....

Guy relax...

Your hatred for the United States is making you imagine an "Anti-US Technology" where there is no such Technology..

Relax your mind.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 12:25pm On May 26, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

When Nukes start flying...

Your Mother Russia, would no longer exist ooo...

I hope you know that...

Is that what you want ?
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Betscoreodds: 1:24pm On May 26, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

When Nukes start flying...

Your Mother Russia, would no longer exist ooo...

I hope you know that...

Is that what you want ?
Google who has the best air defence system in the world.

USA nukes can't reach Russia.

Time will tell.

Why do you think they want nato nations to stay near Russia it because usa don't have good air defence system.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 4:01pm On May 26, 2022
Betscoreodds:
Google who has the best air defence system in the world.

USA nukes can't reach Russia.

Time will tell.

Why do you think they want nato nations to stay near Russia it because usa don't have good air defence system.

Ehen..... Tell me story

So after Putin send Satan 2 to finish off America, he would now use Russia's impregnable defense systems to prevent an attack on the Russian mainland..

Ok I see........ Bros, clap for yourself.... cheesy cheesy

Kindly Check the link below.

https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Experience/Americas-Nuclear-Triad/

Note...... Very Important

The United States and Russia have long agreed nuclear employment could have devastating consequences. Both nations agree that "a nuclear war cannot be won, and must never be fought," ............ Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby

"We must do everything possible to avoid the horrors of a Global War" ........ Vladimir Putin (During his victory day speech)

But some people here on Nairaland are clamouring for a Nuclear War because they believe that they know more than the United States and Russia...

That is not only Ludicrous but Ridiculous........ cheesy cheesy

There can never be a Winner in a Nuclear War.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Betscoreodds: 4:59pm On May 26, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Ehen..... Tell me story

So after Putin send Satan 2 to finish off America, he would now use Russia's impregnable defense systems to prevent an attack on the Russian mainland..

Ok I see........ Bros, clap for yourself.... cheesy cheesy

Kindly Check the link below.

https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Experience/Americas-Nuclear-Triad/

Note...... Very Important

The United States and Russia have long agreed nuclear employment could have devastating consequences. Both nations agree that "a nuclear war cannot be won, and must never be fought," ............ Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby

"We must do everything possible to avoid the horrors of a Global War" ........ Vladimir Putin (During his victory day speech)

But some people here on Nairaland are clamouring for a Nuclear War because they believe that they know more than the United States and Russia...

That is not only Ludicrous but Ridiculous........ cheesy cheesy

There can never be a Winner in a Nuclear War.

Well truly no one wins nuke war because even if Russia intercept the nuke the radiation and chemicals and biological things inside will still rain on the city.

No one wins or loses and since this is the mathematical outcome then USA should stop spreading nato near Russia so that the past peace we have will continue.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 6:04pm On May 26, 2022
Betscoreodds:

Well truly no one wins nuke war because even if Russia intercept the nuke the radiation and chemicals and biological things inside will still rain on the city.

No one wins or loses and since this is the mathematical outcome then USA should stop spreading nato near Russia so that the past peace we have will continue .

OK.......

When I see Joe Biden and Jens Stoltenberg, I will tell them not to advance any further to Russia's doorsteps..... ..... cheesy cheesy

But Seriously,

Nobody would dare Invade Russia military and get away with it. ...... It can't happen.

So I don't understand all these fuzz and buzz about NATO's Expansion that Putin keeps crying about.

Putin is just Crying Wolf...

Even North Korea with fewer Nukes have not been Invaded militarily, is it Agbalagba Russia that NATO would now Invade ?
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Betscoreodds: 11:27am On May 27, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

OK.......

When I see Joe Biden and Jens Stoltenberg, I will tell them not to advance any further to Russia's doorsteps..... ..... cheesy cheesy

But Seriously,

Nobody would dare Invade Russia military and get away with it. ...... It can't happen.

So I don't understand all these fuzz and buzz about NATO's Expansion that Putin keeps crying about.

Putin is just Crying Wolf...

Even North Korea with fewer Nukes have not been Invaded militarily, is it Agbalagba Russia that NATO would now Invade ?

if you don't see the fuzz then me to don't see the fuzz why nato needs to move toward Russia border.

Once you see biden do that then I will inform putin when I see him not to strike Finland.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 8:48pm On May 27, 2022
Betscoreodds:
if you don't see the fuzz then me to don't see the fuzz why nato needs to move toward Russia border.

Once you see biden do that then I will inform putin when I see him not to strike Finland.

Putin would Strike Finland ...... cheesy cheesy

Ok, we dey wait.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Betscoreodds: 10:10pm On May 27, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Putin would Strike Finland ...... cheesy cheesy

Ok, we dey wait.
no nato again in Russia area you will see.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by KillerCrocodile: 11:06pm On May 27, 2022
Betscoreodds:
no nato again in Russia area you will see.

Lol..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

But Latvia and Lithuania have been at the doorsteps of Russia for many decades....... Check your Map.

NATO did not attack Russia from those nations...

And Russia did not attack those nations too..

So why is Putin Crying Wolf now about NATO.

Note :

He has said that he has no problem with Finland and Sweden joining NATO but would react accordingly if NATO bring Nuclear Weapons to those countries.

Both nations, (Finland especially) has said that they don't want Nuclear Weapons in their country as they warm up to join the Alliance.

So Putin should sleep well at night. NATO is not planning to attack his nation.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Betscoreodds: 3:53am On May 28, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Lol..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

But Latvia and Lithuania have been at the doorsteps of Russia for many decades....... Check your Map.

NATO did not attack Russia from those nations...

And Russia did not attack those nations too..

So why is Putin Crying Wolf now about NATO.

Note :

He has said that he has no problem with Finland and Sweden joining NATO but would react accordingly if NATO bring Nuclear Weapons to those countries.

Both nations, (Finland especially) has said that they don't want Nuclear Weapons in their country as they warm up to join the Alliance.

So Putin should sleep well at night. NATO is not planning to attack his nation.

Those nations are nothing in nato Infact they are Parasite to nato and Russia was rebuilding when they joined nato now Russia has grown to the level that they can spit on USA and USA will shake

Remember act of War don't fight a war you can't win so Russia had to wait until they were very strong in defense and attack before starting a new order.
Re: USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:37am On May 28, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You badly wish such Technology exits....

Guy relax...

Your hatred for the United States is making you imagine an "Anti-US Technology" where there is no such Technology..

Relax your mind.

I don't hate USA try to get what we want to aviod.

I actually love USA more than you.

I just don't want them to have absolute power why Is it hard for you to understand.

By the way once a nation gets absolute power then anti Christ will emerge because the son of perdition needs such power to be able to rule effectively.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S Pentagon Finally Admits Running 46 Biolabs In Ukraine / Chinese To Be Reclassified As Black People In S/africa / Donald Trump Removed Gay And Lessbians Right From White House Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.