Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. (6038 Views)

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by aieromon(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2022
beeoohtee:

No! I haven't bought more than my fuel can contain. I wonder the correlation with P0455 code. Thanks

If the tank is overfilled, fuel is likely to spill into the EVAP charcoal canister which degrades the charcoal and can cause any of the valves/solenoids to fail. If it fails, fuel vapour cannot reach the engine and the ECU reads it as a large leak.

Usually, replacing the EVAP purge valve fixes the p0455 error code but one must avoid the bad habit of overfilling the fuel tank to preserve the lifespan of the EVAP canister. Discontinue filling the tank at the first click.

Clear code and see if it returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf8mTAQEmPU

2 Likes

Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by beeoohtee(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you for the clarification. I cleared the code once but it returned.
Research has shown that purge valve solenoid on the throttle body is often responsible for small leaks while Evap canister Vent valve is often the cause of large leaks.
How/where can I get the genuine replacement part for the vent valve?

aieromon:

If the tank is overfilled, fuel is likely to spill into the EVAP charcoal canister which degrades the charcoal and can cause the purge valve to fail. If the purge valve fails, fuel vapour cannot reach the engine and the ECU reads it as a large leak.

Usually, replacing the purge valve fixes the p0455 error code but one must avoid the bad habit of overfilling the fuel tank to preserve the lifespan of the EVAP canister. Discontinue filling the tank at the first click.

Clear code and see if it returns.

Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by Elsueno: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2022
aieromon:

If the tank is overfilled, fuel is likely to spill into the EVAP charcoal canister which degrades the charcoal and can cause any of the valves/solenoids to fail. If it fails, fuel vapour cannot reach the engine and the ECU reads it as a large leak.

Usually, replacing the EVAP purge valve fixes the p0455 error code but one must avoid the bad habit of overfilling the fuel tank to preserve the lifespan of the EVAP canister. Discontinue filling the tank at the first click.

This is wonderful piece of info
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by urshawmoore(m): 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good evening sir . I’m having similar issues with my 2006 Honda Civic. Wondering if you can send me your number so I can call. This car is just 1 year old. Got it from Canada. Thank you very Much.
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by dicksonadams(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
urshawmoore:
Good evening sir . I’m having similar issues with my 2006 Honda Civic. Wondering if you can send me your number so I can call. This car is just 1 year old. Got it from Canada. Thank you very Much.

Do you have any check engine light
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by urshawmoore(m): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2022
dicksonadams:

Do you have any check engine light

No check engine light.
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by dicksonadams(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
urshawmoore:

No check engine light.

If you are around gbagada I can help you with check it
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by morawo01: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2023
beeoohtee:

Thank you for your contributions. I have changed radiator ECT sensor. Fuel economy has slightly improved

Sir, I have the same issue with my Honda Civic 2007. where and how much did you get the ect sensor under the radiator, please?
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by morawo01: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2023
Treadway:
op, the Ect sensor you changed, i'm guessing it is the one visible at the top close to the engine. That is the wrong one. The car has two, there is one at the bottom of the radiator, get that one replaced and you're home free, your engine will start just fine at cold start and your fuel economy will improve. From a honda civic user who also changed the top one thrice but the code kept returning before i eventually discovered the car had another attached to the radiator base. Cheers

Ps: shey na from me you buy Autel MS309 ni..lol. I sell/distribute the product, including to buyers from here on nland. If it was bought/sent from Ibadan, then na me. OK bye

Sir, I have the same issue with my Honda Civic 2007. where and how much did you get the ect sensor under the radiator, please?
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by Treadway: 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
morawo01:

here in Ibadan, at Gate. Just remove and with it, either get someone eg mecho to get it for you, or go find it yourself at any auto parts store/market close to you.
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by beeoohtee(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Contact luvinhubby or visit ladipo auto spare parts
morawo01:

Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by Kewtt: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
morawo01:

Have you gotten yours? I have same issue
Re: My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. by searchng4love: 1:34pm On Jan 01
Beautiful thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car / Between 2001 W210 E320 And W203 C320 Help Choose!! / Why Is There So Many Camry (07-09) Muscle For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.