Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: (22895 Views)

No Lawmaker Earns N1m A Month – RMAFC Chairman / Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly ! / Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Ifecotag: 1:37am On Jul 16, 2011
•Senators earns more than VP, Senate President
The Sun Publishing
Saturday, July 16, 2011

With the authentic figures by the RMAFC, it means the four-year tenure of Mr. President will fetch him a total of N56m in salaries and allowances.

A table of the emoluments of all political office holders in the nation and those of judiciary made available at the commission’s website listed the figures.

With this revelation of what used to inhabit the realm of conjecture and secrecy, RMAFC must have laid to rest the argument on how much is spent on the members of the National Assembly (NASS) for instance, or elicited another season of hairsplitting.

The question of the earnings of the members of the NASS has been a vexed issue for a long time that towards the end of the Sixth NASS, the members earned recrimination and name calling for sitting on the wealth of the nation to the exclusion of other citizens. The matter remained at the front burner especially after the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in a public lecture dropped a claim that the NASS spends about 25 percent of the overhead of the federal budget.

Saturday Sun’s access of the RMAFC site revealed the earnings of other top officers of the state as well. That also includes the details that the number two citizen, Mr. Vice President earns a take home of N12.12m per annum or N48.48m for the four years he will be in office.

Similarly, the Senate President earns, from RMAFC approvals, about N8.7m per annum or a monthly gross emolument of N724,570.73. The Deputy Senate President earns a little less with a total package of N8.08m in a year or N673,506.97 at the end of every month.

But you can easily see what looks like a discrepancy in the earnings of these major senatorial officers and others inferior to them. Every other senator earns N12,766,320 annually or a monthly take of N1,063,860. With that package, a senator earns more than the Vice President. That means it is more lucrative to be a senator than answer the VP. The commission has explanation for that. It is because most of the allowances for principal officers of the senate and other bodies come in kind whereas the rest get theirs in cash.
The second wing of the NASS had its emoluments also published by the commission, and indicated that the Speaker of the House takes home N4.95m in a year or N412,851 per month, as his deputy earns N4.574m in a year and N381,172.38 per month.

The rest of the members of the House are paid N9.529m annually or a breakdown of N794,085 in a month.
The principal officers of the NASS earn higher than the ordinary members and also the two chief officers.
If you have a relation that was appointed a minister and you took out advertorials congratulating him or rolled out the red carpet in celebration, you might not get much in return for the investment. RMAFC revealed in its table of emoluments that a minister, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Head of Service earn a paltry N2.02m in a year as basic salary or a total emolument of N7.801m with a monthly take of N650,136.67. So with about 40 ministers in Jonathan’s cabinet, the nation spends about N312.4m on their salaries in a year or N1.248b in the four-year tenure.

However, the presidents special advisers and others enjoy a package of a basic N1.942m in a year or a gross pay of N7.091m with a breakdown sum of N590,957.81 total monthly salary with the allowances.
RMAFC indicated that the pay listed here is not inclusive of what it called ‘non-regular allowances’. These include the controversial furniture allowance that comes once in four years, accommodation, annual leave, severance gratuity, vehicle loan indicated as optional, duty tour and estacode per night. The rest of the allowances are denominated in naira with the exception of estacodes that come in US dollars.

With the 20 Special Advisers recently approved for Mr. President as part of his team two weeks ago, the state will cough out N141.830m to pay them in a year or N567,319,496m in the four years the tenure will last.
The RMAFC chart also included senior judicial officers from the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Supreme Court justices, justices of the Court of Appeal, the Federal High Court judges, state High Court judges and the chief judges of the state and the federal high courts.
The CJN earns N6.727m gross annual income and N560,662.08 in a month, whereas other Supreme Court Justices and the President of the Court of Appeal labour for a package of N10,899,284 and a monthly pay of N908,273.67.

Before you take all these figures as absolute truth or make disputations, there is a caveat or a proviso the RMAFC left for Nigerians.
It explained in its posting that “any other salaries, allowances or others being enjoyed by any political or public office holder outside those provided by the law or determined by the Commission from time to time in accordance with the constitution, are not known to the Commission.”
RMAFC also urged anti-corruption agencies, the police and other enforcers of the ethics of good governance to hold accountable the relevant accounting officer that made such extra-statutory emolument available to the officer.

I no fit shout. May God help and rescue us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by literary: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2011
Phew! OLe! Well, watch out for my poem on this topic, angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
Am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Omolola1(f): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2011
See analysis of MONEY cry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by LesbianBoy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2011
@Op is this gist real when ordinary tinubu is earning N4bn monthly then a whole presido will earn this chicken change cry cry cry cry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by otokx(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2011
This appears to be a lie, heard federal university vice chancellors earn about 1.5m a month.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by estatemark(m): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2011
Aleast now we have a figure to work with. But whether it is factual only time will tell
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by olaolabiy: 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
No wonder his wife can't afford a trip abroad. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And he cannot afford to send his children to private (American) schools. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I dey laugh o
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by toluxa1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2011
this is total crap. if these guys where earning these, they wont kill innocent people and cause riots just to get to that position. Do you know how much some of them spend on campaign alone? Come'on , we aint fools na. I am not saying this figures don't exist but even a 10 year old knows that some senators earn at least x15  of this.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by mondob2k(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
I think they are still hiding some things from us. #1m is paltry compared to what I have in mind. Or is this the restructuring we are talking about?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by geosegun(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
ola olabiy:

No wonder his wife can't afford a trip abroad.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And he cannot afford to send his children to private (American) schools. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I dey laugh o

And if he does that you will be the first person to shout incompetence, that other Nigerian children are going to school in Nigeria, the president sent his children to schools abroad. That he never believed in Nigerian education system. on this note[b] hypocrite like you[/b] will not let us rest on NL.
MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU.

Shi o, elenumefa sha laye. iwo naa si wa lara awon aye ti an so. shiooooooo.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Sike(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2011
Who Say Money no Dey Abeg let him Enjoy! Na him time. Na turn by turn plzzzzZ
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by mallorca(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
if so i dey earn pass him
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by citee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2011
@ Poster this is a huge joke. What about the bottomless pit called 'security vote', which is at the president's disposal to do as he pleases? Abegi jo make we hear word!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by suolboy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2011
This is d result of F O I Bill. The figures there may be correct, but salary is not thier major income, contract inflations and lobby from private sector is where they get thier money.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by jmaine: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2011
All this story na just on top basic salary . . .na those add ons,allowances/bonuses and daily estacodes be the koko . . This is just formatics . . . They can't fit job me cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by joe4christ(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2011
9ja, i hail thee o!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by JaaizTech: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
I dey laugh o; this is just junk, we all know their official salaries are very much average, the question is the amount of money that is being made available to them illegally.. But I see good thing in this RMAFC's move, it appears to me that GEJ is trying to cut the expenses of NASS, hence He is trying to use RMAFC to expose them and make them more vulnerable to anti-corruption agencies. I see some senators getting hood-winked by EFCC in this his tenure.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by executinal(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ifecotag:

•Senators earns more than VP, Senate President
The Sun Publishing
Saturday, July 16, 2011

With the authentic figures by the RMAFC, it means the four-year tenure of Mr. President will fetch him a total of N56m in salaries and allowances.

A table of the emoluments of all political office holders in the nation and those of judiciary made available at the commission’s website listed the figures.

With this revelation of what used to inhabit the realm of conjecture and secrecy, RMAFC must have laid to rest the argument on how much is spent on the members of the National Assembly (NASS) for instance, or elicited another season of hairsplitting.

The question of the earnings of the members of the NASS has been a vexed issue for a long time that towards the end of the Sixth NASS, the members earned recrimination and name calling for sitting on the wealth of the nation to the exclusion of other citizens. The matter remained at the front burner especially after the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in a public lecture dropped a claim that the NASS spends about 25 percent of the overhead of the federal budget.

Saturday Sun’s access of the RMAFC site revealed the earnings of other top officers of the state as well. That also includes the details that the number two citizen, Mr. Vice President earns a take home of N12.12m per annum or N48.48m for the four years he will be in office.

Similarly, the Senate President earns, from RMAFC approvals, about N8.7m per annum or a monthly gross emolument of N724,570.73. The Deputy Senate President earns a little less with a total package of N8.08m in a year or N673,506.97 at the end of every month.

But you can easily see what looks like a discrepancy in the earnings of these major senatorial officers and others inferior to them. Every other senator earns N12,766,320 annually or a monthly take of N1,063,860. With that package, a senator earns more than the Vice President. That means it is more lucrative to be a senator than answer the VP. The commission has explanation for that. It is because most of the allowances for principal officers of the senate and other bodies come in kind whereas the rest get theirs in cash.
The second wing of the NASS had its emoluments also published by the commission, and indicated that the Speaker of the House takes home N4.95m in a year or N412,851 per month, as his deputy earns N4.574m in a year and N381,172.38 per month.

The rest of the members of the House are paid N9.529m annually or a breakdown of N794,085 in a month.
The principal officers of the NASS earn higher than the ordinary members and also the two chief officers.
If you have a relation that was appointed a minister and you took out advertorials congratulating him or rolled out the red carpet in celebration, you might not get much in return for the investment. RMAFC revealed in its table of emoluments that a minister, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Head of Service earn a paltry N2.02m in a year as basic salary or a total emolument of N7.801m with a monthly take of N650,136.67. So with about 40 ministers in Jonathan’s cabinet, the nation spends about N312.4m on their salaries in a year or N1.248b in the four-year tenure.

However, the presidents special advisers and others enjoy a package of a basic N1.942m in a year or a gross pay of N7.091m with a breakdown sum of N590,957.81 total monthly salary with the allowances.
RMAFC indicated that the pay listed here is not inclusive of what it called ‘non-regular allowances’. These include the controversial furniture allowance that comes once in four years, accommodation, annual leave, severance gratuity, vehicle loan indicated as optional, duty tour and estacode per night. The rest of the allowances are denominated in naira with the exception of estacodes that come in US dollars.

With the 20 Special Advisers recently approved for Mr. President as part of his team two weeks ago, the state will cough out N141.830m to pay them in a year or N567,319,496m in the four years the tenure will last.
The RMAFC chart also included senior judicial officers from the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Supreme Court justices, justices of the Court of Appeal, the Federal High Court judges, state High Court judges and the chief judges of the state and the federal high courts.
The CJN earns N6.727m gross annual income and N560,662.08 in a month, whereas other Supreme Court Justices and the President of the Court of Appeal labour for a package of N10,899,284 and a monthly pay of N908,273.67.

Before you take all these figures as absolute truth or make disputations, there is a caveat or a proviso the RMAFC left for Nigerians.
It explained in its posting that “any other salaries, allowances or others being enjoyed by any political or public office holder outside those provided by the law or determined by the Commission from time to time in accordance with the constitution, are not known to the Commission.”
RMAFC also urged anti-corruption agencies, the police and other enforcers of the ethics of good governance to hold accountable the relevant accounting officer that made such extra-statutory emolument available to the officer.

I no fit shout.  May God help and rescue us.
Not real, were is the link? presido and co earning this pea nut? umbelievable
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2011
i take figures provided by RMAFC with a pinch of salt
is it not the same RMAFC that carried out a campaign in 2007 to increase the salary and allowances of the president and other national political office holders with the simple arguement that they are the least paid in the world.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2011
i take figures provided by RMAFC with a pinch of salt
is it not the same RMAFC that carried out a campaign in 2007 to increase the salary and allowances of the president and other national political office holders with the simple arguement that they are the least paid in the world.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Gbenge77(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2011
Thats a drop in the ocean when compared to his huge allowances.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Funkymallam(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
i want to be a senator, representing boko haram south
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by phraoh(m): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2011
Do u guys think dat these people even consider their salaries as anythin.The salary are jes dash-money for them,when dey are the one that that award contracts etc to themselves,pppuuullleezzzeee.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by 190: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
Funkymallam:

i want to be a senator, representing boko haram south

me too cry cry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
I believe the figures but what about the other source of income like looting na EFCC go tell about that one
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by hallmark77: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2011
When Yaradua was alive his salary was 100Million Naira per month,someone is trying to hide the salary of the President.Ministers earns daily expenses that they are entitled to equals 1Million Naira.That publication is misleading unless they mean $1Million!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by mikechrisgeneral(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
Na their wives chewgum allowance nobi their salary, anyhow make presido remember his poor mateNa their wives chewgum allowance nobi their salary, anyhow make presido remember his poor mate
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by tlops(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
hallmark77:

When Yaradua was alive his salary was 100Million Naira per month,someone is trying to hide the salary of the President.Ministers earns daily expenses that they are entitled to equals 1Million Naira.That publication is misleading unless they mean $1Million!

9ja
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by clerkent(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2011
i [/i]this is not fair oooooooooooooo[i]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by slap1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2011
What about the 'extra-curricular' earnings?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: by mikechrisgeneral(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2011
If they make am £1m a month
I don assume office as d presidential commander and chief of suicide bombers 4 d Republic of Sponsored BOKO HARAM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iddo Bridge: Fashola Reacts, Repair Works To Start Immediately (video) / Governor Sanwoolu Gives First Speech After Election Victory / EXCLUSIVE: Obasanjo, Sanusi Among Those Who Convinced Ezekwesili To Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.