Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,313 members, 7,853,450 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? (397 Views)

Air France Flight From Paris To Abuja Diverts To Chad / Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like / Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by champeeon(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2022
Hi guys, I want to relocate to Abuja but I'll like your contributions on a few things especially accommodation.

I'm making this thread because the last time I was looking for accommodation in Ilorin, I got good responses here that helped me settle very fast.

I've lived in Abuja for a few months before. I was working at a fish farm in Sauka (airport road close to the immigration office). I never got the chance to explore the city properly but the few times I went out to get feeds I loved what I saw.

I know Abuja is my place but I had to stay at Ilorin to gain my ground and make sure I'm financially stable before moving back.

I am a freelancer now so I work majorly from home. But I'm also considering Abuja because of my fisheries skills. I've seen the opportunities back then and I have plans to continue once I've settled in.

My budget is around 300-400k for accommodation. I'm hoping that one will get me a place with a good network and reasonable ​power supply (minimum of 6 - 12 hours).

Now, what are the things you think I should know before taking the leap?

- Best areas to get accommodation with my budget.
- Areas to avoid.
- What helped you settle fast in Abuja.
- Or any other thing you think I should know generally.

I appreciate all comments. Thank you for reading.
Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by Oxb90: 8:42am On May 25, 2022
Above all do well to remember that you are in the den of terrorists. Abuja is now a time bomb.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by Imortal001: 8:44am On May 25, 2022
Ok, I suggest nyanya for you, because with 400k you cant in maitama and co.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by BlessedJonMoss: 8:51am On May 25, 2022
Know God and politician

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by champeeon(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2022
Oxb90:
Above all do well to remember that you are in the den of terrorists. Abuja is now a time bomb.

The whole country is not safe right now. Bad things happen everywhere every day.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by champeeon(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2022
Imortal001:
Ok, I suggest nyanya for you, because with 400k you cant in maitama and co.

Thank you! I'm even thinking of a room self con. for a start or max, a room and parlor.
Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by champeeon(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2022
BlessedJonMoss:
Know God and politician

I hear this a lot and I know it's true.
Re: Relocating To Abuja; What Should I Know? by Imortal001: 9:18am On May 25, 2022
champeeon:

Thank you! I'm even thinking of a room self con. for a start or max, a room and parlor.
Ok, thats means nyanya, karu site and co.

(1) (Reply)

See The New Murtala Muhammed International Terminal / States You Have Been To In Nigeria And Purpose / Dallas Air Show Plane Collision: Profile Of 4 Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.