Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? (44997 Views)

Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? / Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Ndibuna: 1:17pm On May 26, 2022
Maj196:
I suppose you make more than 500k to make this statement. If you don't please just stfu thank you.
grin grin exactly, I hate it when people who don't earn a certain amount look down on what they can't earn

2 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by wirinet(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2022
Esales:

I earn 1m+ monthly. I am not rich. I know what I'm saying. 1m is average in today's Nigeria.
U guys keep saying diversify the portfolio but nobody is saying anything.
Sponsoring someone to the highest level, with how much? Say u earn 6m, accomodation, 1m, feeding, transport etc 1m, with 4m tell me how you'll sponsor someone to the highest levels grin grin grin. Ask the guy who made this post if he has 4m in savings so you'll know that u can't even save 4m with a salary of 6m unless you live exactly like someone who earns 50k. The exact same way. Live in face me I slap you, eat in the cheapest bukka, buy 2nd hand clothes, jump bus and trek to work. Anything outside this sort of lifestyle, you can't even save 3m.

Save 3m ke? On a 6m per annum salary? I have friends earning over 12m per year and they can't save zilch. When you have 1 kid in secondary school, 2 kids in a private university and you live in lekki, how will you save?

9 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Jackanda1(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2022
seanwilliam:
You’re living normal life if you’re earning 500k monthly not rich ..

Bills and other expenses go make it look worthless
I think it depends on where he lives.
Bills and expenses are cheaper in Akwa Ibom than in Lagos city.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by ceejayluv(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2022
I earn 200k+ as take home.... 500k monthly Will boost my finances significantly right now... But I don't consider that as Rich in Nigeria here now. We're an import oriented nation, the USD has shot up to 600 naira which has considerably increased the cost of living truly comfortable. Worsened by the inflation.

I'd take folks earning 2.5 Milla and above monthly as getting there.

6 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

Na average salary. Start earning it and you'll know how far.
U can give that to eat toto
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by HarlequinLekex: 1:22pm On May 26, 2022
Nawteemaxie:

Original Poster
Ok,thanks what of Holy gram lite up my weed in peace
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by sumboty: 1:23pm On May 26, 2022
I read some comments and I laff,
500k per Month
6m per annum

Now let's do small analysis
Has a family man of 4 in family husband & wife and 2 kids
For feeding, let's say minimum 50k monthly
= 600k per annum..
School fees, 2 kids @ 150k per term
= 900k per annum,
NHIS family health plan 7,500 per month
= 90k per annum
House rent 600k per annum
NEPA bills on prepare meter 10k card per month
= 120k per annum
Let's say you have a car, or not 25k per month
= 300k per annum
Other expenses 20k per month
= 240k per annum
Miscellaneous per month 10k per month
= 120k per annum

Total = 2.97m let's round it up 3m
Giving additional spending of 500k to the above analysis making 3.5m spending per annum, then you have 2.5m balance as savings x in 5yrs = 12.5m
In 10yrs = 25m

Also take in mind, that 2.5m savings per annum can still increase if other business is involve.....

The above analysis is just an average assumption..

What I've noticed about many of us in Nigeria is that most of us want to get rich in a day or in one single business deal or investment.
Forgetting Rome wasn't built in a Day....

8 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by zoroby(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
@OP
as much as your friend is just a greedy person who expects you to dash him money left right center, he is righ to say that you aint poor.... but just because you aint, that doesnt mean you should also be foolish in throwing your money away like that.

lots of responsibilities/mouth to feed??!!?! do the people who earn 50K monthly NOT have these same responsibilities/mouth to feed?!?!?
i think it is dangerous to claim that earning 500K monthly in Nigeria is anything but being rich....lets forget anywhere else in the world, in NIGERIA, 500K monthly is a LOOOOOOOOT!

You dey mind her? Check her account now u will be surprise say even 10k she no get

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by loko50(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2022
wirinet:

It's not show off. The naira is depreciating per second squared. My wife and I took 150k to ketu to buy foodstufs and groceries for the month (for a family of 6). After view what we could buy, I almost cried. A bag of rice was N30,000. 10 tubers of yam was N17,000. Beans and even garri has rocketed to the moon.

You just affirmed it's for show off. How many families in Nigeria can take 150k to the market?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:24pm On May 26, 2022
OneKinGuy:

TF do you mean average salary, There are family people who earn less than 50k monthly and you have the audacity to call 500k average.

Ask them how easy it is living on 50k per month.

You guys still do not get the logic.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by loko50(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
zoroby:

You dey mind her? Check her account now u will be surprise say even 10k she no get

10k too much. She dey reason urgent 2k
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by AriseNews: 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

This is no argument, so forget it.

As I said before, 500k is an average salary. And what comparison does 50k have to do with 500k? When you are calling monthly stipends? 50k follow?

Na average money, biko.

You madam! How much do you even earn. You be sounding like those Twitter fake people. Before you come for me, just know I earn up to that.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by bolousadex: 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
i earn 1.2m and i dont consider it anything...I still cant afford a brand new car even if i save for 2 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by 735i(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Speak for those that have zero in economics sha not me. With that pay I will enjoy my life here in Nigeria and never look for more. I will still save 250k per month at the end minimum. I live a minimal lifestyle, no smoking, drinking, clubbing, womanising nor friends and don't fancy social attention.

You are merely existing. Not living!

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
grin
Angelfrost:

There are guys earning slightly less than that who save, invest, and top that in less than a year.

Half a million is huge sir! Go ask around!

grin

Na me you dey tell?

I sabi save well o!

Only say I get project.

Still, it's not what it's hyped up to be.

Earn it first, you'll gerrit.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by zoroby(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
Benwallt:
What is this one saying. 500k ? Guy man is fucking rich. That's 6m a year. He even has several add ons. Person wey dey earn 50k self dey feel fly not to talk of 500k

U get time to quote that girl. Maybe she earns 10 million monthly

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Originalsly: 1:25pm On May 26, 2022
Everything is relative. What is the cost of living where you live? If you live in Lagos.... depending where... N500 will put you somewhere in Middle Class ... upper or lower. If you live in a low cost of living State... then N500 will put you in the rich bracket. Rich is relative.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Najdorf: 1:26pm On May 26, 2022
franklingud:

You and that your male friend who earns about 800k per month must be a very ridiculously greedy set of individuals.

Imagine someone that earns about 800k per month saying it's not enough for him??

Some times I wonder the planet some people come from.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Someone that's not married and does not have any responsibility oooo!
Poverty has dealt with this one's life

4 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by loko50(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2022
If foreigners stumble on this thread, they will assume Nigerians are doing fine. Our politicians will continue to take us for a ride with this kind of mentality. People that are earning minimum wage or depending on other people (Maybe one person in their family of 10 is earning above 500k) are here calling 500k average salary. Na wa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by babamoha(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2022
If you don't spend unnecessarly you are a rich person and you will be able to attend to your basic want without grumbling .

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by miketayo(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2022
Emmanuel909090:
Anybody earning 500k in today's Nigeria is a rich man

Nah you are average. In the next 5yrs below average. Things are expensive these days

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:29pm On May 26, 2022
AriseNews:

You madam! How much do you even earn. You be sounding like those Twitter fake people. Before you come for me, just know I earn up to that.

LOL. cheesy
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Prettychild(f): 1:29pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
So I was arguing with a friend who stays in the states and he keeps saying I am a rich guy.

Current salary is about 512k per month (take home), and has an annual increment of 15% of your take home. This is aside perks of perdiem anytime I travel outside work base (15k per night).

Anytime he wants me to have minor something done in NG on his bahalf, he expects me to use my money and whenever I ask, he tells me not to complain that I am rich (he knows what I earn), I don't have a problem doing those things for him.

I don't see myself rich and pls guys, what can someone earn in Nigeria to be termed rich. Your opinions will count alot as I still find it hard getting the usual daily stuffs we all use.
I am not married and do not have responsibilities. My mom is a retired govt worker and other siblings are all working.

Cc: seun mynd44 pls help us for more audience and opinions
Depends on how you invest with the money, if you have an investment and solely relying on the 550k, you can become super rich
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by loko50(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2022
Najdorf:

Poverty has dealt with this one's life

How much do you earn?
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by waseun007: 1:29pm On May 26, 2022
now that he does not have mouths to feed coupled with the fact that his parent is a retired govt staff, we can consider him a rich guy. he has the viability to save 200 to 300k per month, conveniently
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

Na average salary. Start earning it and you'll know how far.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by AfroKnight: 1:29pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Start earning it and you will know.

As your income increases, your taste increases. Those that know, know.

Nonsense talk.

You obviously don’t know the meaning of “average”. 500k is far above the average salary in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:30pm On May 26, 2022
AfroKnight:

Nonsense talk.

You obviously don’t know the meaning of “average”. 500k is far above the average salary in Nigeria.

How much do you earn?
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by nosmassam(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2022
By naija standard, you are very verrrrŕrrrrrŕy rich.
Dats my 10 month salary

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by SUPERPACK: 1:33pm On May 26, 2022
735i:

You are merely existing. Not living!
21st century illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Evidenx(m): 1:33pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
So I was arguing with a friend who stays in the states and he keeps saying I am a rich guy.

Current salary is about 512k per month (take home), and has an annual increment of 15% of your take home. This is aside perks of perdiem anytime I travel outside work base (15k per night).

Anytime he wants me to have minor something done in NG on his bahalf, he expects me to use my money and whenever I ask, he tells me not to complain that I am rich (he knows what I earn), I don't have a problem doing those things for him.

I don't see myself rich and pls guys, what can someone earn in Nigeria to be termed rich. Your opinions will count alot as I still find it hard getting the usual daily stuffs we all use.
I am not married and do not have responsibilities. My mom is a retired govt worker and other siblings are all working.

YOU ARE RICHLY RICH Oooo
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by cyndylove64(f): 1:33pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

in the current economy ,500k is not rich
Even you yourself knows 500k is not enough for your expenses and responsibilities
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Imabong80(f): 1:35pm On May 26, 2022
True riches is not money in the bank but bankable assets.

No matter how much salary you are paid, you are one step from poverty line the day you are laid off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Grooming Centre Online Aptitude Test / Free Job Test And Interview Questions + Answers / Top Talent Recruitment By Workforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.