Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Nigerian Researchers Predicted The Current Monkeypox Outbreak Back In 2017 (pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Researchers Predicted The Current Monkeypox Outbreak Back In 2017 (pic) (204 Views)

Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) / UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Researchers Predicted The Current Monkeypox Outbreak Back In 2017 (pic) by passion007: 9:20pm On May 25, 2022
I know we don't celebrate our researchers as they are often shut down by conspiracy theorists who think they know better, but let me share this.

I attended a Europe wide summit on the recent monkeypox outbreak, and was pleased to find that as far back as 2017, a team of Nigerian researchers from the University Teaching Hospital, Bayelsa State, Nigeria namely:

Dimie Ogoina,
James Hendris Izibewule,
Adesola Ogunleye,
Ebi Ederiane,
Uchenna Anebonam,
Aworabhi Neni,
Chikwe Ihekweazu

These eminent persons hypothesised that during the monkeypox outbreak of 2017 (Yes, Nigeria recorded the largest monkeypox outbreak in 2017), that Sexual transmission was a plausible mode of transmission. Their observation gives early insight into understanding the new epidemic in Europe where Sexual transmission is thought to be the primary mode of spread.

International bodies including IUSTI and BASHH gave special mention to these men and thanked them for their groundbreaking research.

I hope these men continue to feed the world of science with their noble research in order to help humanity overcome yet another looming epidemic.

@dominique @Sissy3, would you agree these men are an embodiment of the Nigerian spirit: determination in the face of adversity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eat The Rainbow / Premature Ejaculation Treatment – Train Yourself To Last Longer. / Reasons Why You Experience An Itchy Head After Wearing A Cap Or A Hat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.