Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike (3022 Views)

2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) / 2023: Tinubu, Buhari Agreed On Power Shift To South West - Tunde Balogun / IYC To Wike: You Are Dancing On The Graves Of Our 42 Kinsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Captain8(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2022
OfoIgbo:

So is Kalabari the same thing as Opobo?

They are two different places. You can make a claim on Kalabari, but not on Opobo.

In any case, why is IYC worried about a non-Kalabari governor?
oga, read the report very well with clear eyes free of mpurumiri.. its IYC Kalabari clan,,,, Opobo also have their IYC chapter...
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Mrincredy(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2022
Andoni will forever support Opobo..The land Opobo people occupy now belongs to the Andoni people and they still pay homage to the Andoni people till date.
chrisxxx:
Can you see Kalabari people? Unfortunately for them their total votes are not up to five hundred thousand. They can't determine who becomes the governor.
I am sure the Okrikans, Bonny, Andonis including the Opobos will vote an Opobo man.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by OfoIgbo: 10:51am On May 26, 2022
Captain8:
oga, read the report very well with clear eyes free of mpurumiri.. its IYC Kalabari clan,,,, Opobo also have their IYC chapter...

So an organisation that is meant to represent the whole Ijaw ethnic group now has differing opinions depending on where the chapter is.

So how come IYC in Opobo has not countered IYC in Kalabari?

How come the umbrella body has not suspended the leadershing of the IYC in Kalabari?

Please I hope Dakuku Peterside is a member of IYC in Opobo.

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by OfoIgbo: 10:53am On May 26, 2022
basilo101:

But there are also Igbo names in Opobo

A lot of non-Igbo names in Opobo are also Igbo. Dakuku Peterside is one of them
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Mrincredy(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2022
Who is the Father of Opobo People?
DitariDisciple2:

You should be telling that to Igbo because Opobo is already Ijaw.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by BlackSaints: 11:08am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Na ikwerre I pity pass the aim of ijaws to separate from Igbo nation is go to take port Harcourt from them ...that's it nothing more and ikwerres are Falling for it

If ikwerres ever join Niger Delta republic boom port Harcourt would be ijawnised within 10 years ...they did it in the old rivers state that was how ikwerre lost borokiri and majority of port Harcourt township

Ikwerres didn't lost anything, Borokiri is an Okrika people village,there was never a history where Borokiri belongs to ikwerre people never. And no where in history where ikwerres people owns old township. Do not flood this thread with your 419 twisted history.

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by mrvitalis(m): 11:10am On May 26, 2022
BlackSaints:

Ikwerres didn't lost anything, Borokiri is an Okrika people village,there was never a history where Borokiri belongs to ikwerre people never. And no where in history where ikwerres people owns old township. Do not flood this thread with your 419 twisted history.
Lamo the land comprehensive secondary school was built was and ikwerre village ...one of their sons was among the founders of ohaneze ...oga relax abeg

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by BlackSaints: 11:12am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lamo the land comprehensive secondary school was built was and ikwerre village ...one of their sons was among the founders of ohaneze ...oga relax abeg
You lying son of the devil with no truth in you. New road , Bokorori, Marine base all these places are all Okrika people their villages, that's why it is very easy to go to Okrika through those places.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by DitariDisciple2: 11:16am On May 26, 2022
Mrincredy:
Who is the Father of Opobo People?

Go and find out more about Opobo.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by mrvitalis(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2022
BlackSaints:
You lying son of the devil with no truth in you. New road , Bokorori, Marin base all these places are all Okrika people their villages, that's why it is very easy to go to Okrika through those places.
Lmao
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/why-is-wike-denying-his-igbo-roots/amp/

The truth is even some part of okrika , Morgan ndubisi , amadiama , and others speak Igbo so

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Allen102: 11:23am On May 26, 2022
Quiny32323:

They have taken 70 percent of ikwere waterfront already,from amadi to marine base,abluoma.
Marine base, Abuloma Amadi ama, belongs to ikwerre people? grin grin funny enough, the ikwerres you are trying to land grab other people lands for, can't even make this comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by BlackSaints: 11:29am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao

The truth is even some part of okrika , Morgan ndubisi , amadiama , and others speak Igbo so
There's nothing like Ndubuisi Ama, what we have is Dumo Ama in Okrika. The real name of Amadi ama is Amadiki ama and it has nothing to do with igbos. There are no igbos in Okrika,any Igbos in Okrika are descendant of Igbo slaves. In other words they are foreigners in Okrika.
That being said and done, I wonder what all these have to do with this topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by mrvitalis(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2022
BlackSaints:
There's nothing like Ndubuisi Ama, what we have is Dumo Ama in Okrika. The real name of Amadi ama is Amadiki ama and it has nothing to do with igbos. There are no igbos in Okrika,any Igbos in Okrika are descendant of Igbo slaves. In other words they are foreigners in Okrika.
I'm not going to fight ikwerre battles that's there battle ...if them like make them mumu na them Sabi

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by BlackSaints: 11:44am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

I'm not going to fight ikwerre battles that's there battle ...if them like make them mumu na them Sabi
ijaws are not claiming mile1, Ogbunabali, EleKhahia,Choba, Rumuokoro and co as theirs,cause we know our boundaries. I wonder why you igbos are claiming Okrika people lands ( who are ijaws) as ikwerres lands, what are you motives?
Yes stay out of their business,they did not ask you to be their advocate.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Kinematics: 11:52am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

[s]Lmao

[/s]

Amadi Ama too? Lies from pit of hell. Amadi Ama has never in any history speak Ibo. Yes most of the mothers, grand mothers are Ibos from the SE because back in the day Okrika fathers married lots of Ibo women.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Kinematics: 11:55am On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

[s]Lamo the land comprehensive secondary school was built was and ikwerre village ...one of their sons was among the founders of ohaneze ...oga relax abeg[/s]

Jesus

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by BKayy: 12:04pm On May 26, 2022
BlackSaints:
Here they come with the attempt of shifting their shameful slave heritage to the owners of the land.

Cc Ofoigbo, Slayerforever, Igboid
Check this out

2 Likes

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Captain8(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2022
OfoIgbo:

So an organisation that is meant to represent the whole Ijaw ethnic group now have differing opinions depending on where the chapter is.

So how come IYC in Opobo has not countered IYC in Kalabari?

How come the umbrella body has not suspended the leadershing of the IYC in Kalabari?

Please I hope Dakuku Peterside is a member of IYC in Opobo.
you are typing nonsense ,guy..

IYC Kalabari clan has not said anything bad...it was your brother was give a misleading headline..
it was Kalabari turn to occupy high position, but wike turned it....well we still like it as far as it Opobo person he give....because Opobos are still the same Ijaws...

IYC Kalabari clan has not said anything bad, if you reason with a brain..

Imagine my Egbema clan is the turn to hold the governor position and okowa change it to Gbaramatu person,,,though, I will not fight Gbaramatu but I will still be frustrated....

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:47pm On May 26, 2022
Chimaraymond455:

Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) has called on critical stakeholders and delegates of all political parties in Rivers State to consider the Rivers-Ijaws, particularly the Kalabaris in the forthcoming Gubernatorial primaries.

Chairman IYC Kalabari Se-ikpangi, Comrade Asikitams Edward made this call during an interview with the Kalabari Tv.

He described the emergence of Kalabari-Ijaws as Gubernatorial standard flag bearers of various political parties, as an epitome of true democracy, equity, justice and fairness in the polity of the state.

He said, “the Rivers Ijaws will not accept anything less than to occupy the Brick House in order to administer good governance to Rivers people. We have unarguably paid our dues and deserve better in this contraption called Nigeria.

“Considering the enormous selfless sacrifices and monumental contributions in uniting, projecting and developing our dear state irrespective of our distinguishable cultural values and ethnic jingoism devoid of political colouration, we expect other ethnic groups in the State to support our Kalabari sons who are aspiring for the 2023 Governorship.

“This is a time to consider the issues that you all care about and decide which candidate you should support. A candidate who represents your values and needs. A candidate who has the requisite leadership qualities and experience. A candidate that has the traits and characteristics for a productive administration; An intelligent and honest person who is humble and can effectively communicate with our people”.

He further noted that it will be undemocratic, unjust and oppressive if, after over 24yrs of governing the state, power does not shift nor rotate to the Rivers-Ijaws especially the Kalabaris in line with the principle of democracy.

“The shift of power to other regions in the state should be genuine without any prejudice and not one that is politically masterminded to take back power using the judiciary. Hence, all parties must check the records of these persons.

“It’s pertinent to note that our agitations for equity and justice as regards Rivers Governorship doesn’t mean party leaders will hand-pick nor impose persons who lack the wherewithal, the requisite political and administrative acumen in building a robust economy, initiate human capacity and capital developments etc.

“We are appealing to the consciences of party leaders and delegates to in the spirit of oneness and love for democracy, elect persons with a high level of credibility, integrity, vision and passion in consolidating on the achievements of present and previous administrations in the State.

“Let our consciences which distinguish right and wrong be the moral decision-maker as leaders and delegates today under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) decides who flag their gubernatorial ticket in the State,

They Came late...Opobo Man is the Next Governor of Rivers state
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:49pm On May 26, 2022
OfoIgbo:
Why is IYC not fighting for the emergence of a governor from other "IJAW" groups?

For many months now, Bayelsa Ijaws have been bleating like sheep that IBANIs are Ijaws. Why is IYC now only concentrating on championing the emergence of just a Kalabari governor?

Are Opobo people no longer Ijaws?

I was expecting a joyful press statement where IYC will be singing the praises of Wike for ensuring an Ijaw emerged as the PDP candidate.

Please Ijaw miscreants on this forum. Help us understand what's happening. Igboid delegates in the Rivers primaries voted for an Ibani man and your organisations are still complaining. Is Opobo no longer in the coastal area? Or are Opobo people no longer Ijaws?

Mind you, once Opobo people are done with the governorship, it reverts back to the Igboid section
Don't Mind them...seems they forgot Opobo is one of the Heartbeat of Ijaw nation
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:53pm On May 26, 2022
chrisxxx:
Can you see Kalabari people? Unfortunately for them their total votes are not up to five hundred thousand. They can't determine who becomes the governor.
I am sure the Okrikans, Bonny, Andonis including the Opobos will vote an Opobo man.
by God grace Sim Fubara from Opobo will be the next Governor of Rivers state...Opobo to the world

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by hammer567: 12:53pm On May 26, 2022
Captain8:
Opobo people are Ijaw, yesterday, today and forever

DID I ASK YOU?

THEIF!
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:55pm On May 26, 2022
Idiko1:

Opu Obu (Opobo) are NOT Ijaw!!!!! Nigerians are very deceitful.
I am from Opobo and we are Ijaw 100% stop misinforming people here.

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:56pm On May 26, 2022
DitariDisciple2:

Mr man its Opubo Ama.

Stop misbehaving.
God bless you
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Blues4joseph: 12:58pm On May 26, 2022
DitariDisciple2:

You this Igbo who claim Woji Ph as his home.
Shey you say Ijaw nogo fit rule Rivers State
We've been Deputy since 1999 democracy till date from one Ijaw to another.
We've got the PDP ticket we will get the Apc own too.
PDP Sim Fubara
APC Tonye Cole.
I'm also Fubara by name and my mom is Kalabari who gave me the name.
May Sim Fubara Succeed....SIM4G2 2023
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by OfoIgbo: 1:06pm On May 26, 2022
Captain8:
you are typing nonsense ,guy..

IYC Kalabari clan has not said anything bad...it was your brother was give a misleading headline..
it was Kalabari turn to occupy high position, but wike turned it....well we still like it as far as it Opobo person he give....because Opobos are still the same Ijaws...

IYC Kalabari clan has not said anything bad, if you reason with a brain..

Imagine my Egbema clan is the turn to hold the governor position and okowa change it to Gbaramatu person,,,though, I will not fight Gbaramatu but I will still be frustrated....

But Opobo people have never been governors of the current Rivers state or the old Rivers state. So I don't see why IYC in Kalabari is insisting on Ijaws getting the slot, in spite of the fact that an Opobo-"IJAW" man was chosen.
Or are you worried because, like Dakuku Peterside, he has an Ijoid name, but solely identifies with his Igbo ancestry?

Please, we Igbos only want to be reading congratulatory messages from Ijaw organisations that an Opobo "Ijaw" man is now the PDP governorship candidate.

Most of the Igbo and Igboid delegates voted for him, so Ijaws cannot say we didn't support their governorship race in Rivers state
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by RobbStark(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
Robbstark Igbos have started claiming your Opobo again.

GreatBoss Igbos have starter claiming your Opobo on Nairaland again.

Their claim ends here
Opobo is Ijaw and there is nothing anyone can do about it especially the miscreants from the east.
An Ijaw man will be governor come 2023 in Rivers State.

Long live the Ijaw people
Long live Opobo Town
Long live Rivers State

1 Like

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by RobbStark(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Igbos are not really claiming these places. It is Ijaw organisations that have alluding to the fact that an Opobo governorship candidate is not Ijaw, but that rather a governorship candidate should be raised from the Kalabari country.

There is no time any Ijaw organisation alluded to that.
It's just a branch of it who have allowed selfishness to blind their thoughts.
Opobo is true n true Ijaw.
No where in the OPs post said Opobo is Ibo
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by haggai247: 1:53pm On May 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Na ikwerre I pity pass the aim of ijaws to separate from Igbo nation is go to take port Harcourt from them ...that's it nothing more and ikwerres are Falling for it

If ikwerres ever join Niger Delta republic boom port Harcourt would be ijawnised within 10 years ...they did it in the old rivers state that was how ikwerre lost borokiri and majority of port Harcourt township

Why you talk like this na.

Borokiri na Ijaw area na Abi ikwere dey drag am?

Look at the culture and traditions there everything look Ijaw and no single Igbo culture.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by OfoIgbo: 2:31pm On May 26, 2022
RobbStark:

There is no time any Ijaw organisation alluded to that.
It's just a branch of it who have allowed selfishness to blind their thoughts.
Opobo is true n true Ijaw.
No where in the OPs post said Opobo is Ibo

Of course, IYC will never say Opobo is Igbo. Only that they won't mind denying Opobo people such chances because they are not Ijaw.

Dakuku Peterside also has a non-Igbo name but clearly recognizes and embraces his Igbo ancestry. He is even mad the Igbos of the SE are not constantly relating with them as their blood brothers. He is from Opobo also

3 Likes

Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Quiny32323: 3:23pm On May 26, 2022
Captain8:
does abuloma sound like ikwere to you?

No be name wey dey give am, if you know you know. All those waterfront belongs to the ikwerres but dem no get sense.
Re: We Need Power Shift To Kalabari-ijaw Not Opobo IYC To Wike by Achilles881: 3:44pm On May 26, 2022
ScamHunter:

The good news is that after Opobo-Ijaw has taken Ijaw slot for 8 years, it goes back to the hinterland for another Igboid group like Egbema to take their turn. Ijaw should not make pim because na Dem talk am say Opobo be Ijaw. Abi Jaja was no longer Ijawnized?

This is hilarious, was it not recently this issues of whether opobo belonged to Igboes or ijaws was being dragged, this looks like the story of Solomon and two women dragging for a child, when the time comes the child will know who his mother is, those who drag other people descendants take note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lekki Deep Sea Port 75% Own By China, 20% Lagos State And 5% to NPA / Olisa Metuh Hits Back At Arthur Eze / 2023: This Is A Video APC Does Not Want Nigerians To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.