Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us (47102 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Skmoda360(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
after4:
she is in love with someone else!
no kill yourself over her

This is the answer.....to your long but precise story...
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by mauchiz: 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
Pray for your wife, so many things people don't bargain for come upon people after getting married, your wife might be a victim of such. You can take her to a psychologist, get her a nanny, give her space, with time she will be fine.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by VULCAN(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2022
In the kobojunkie universe...

The man is always to blame.

This moniker is definitely run by a female

No white knight can be this far gone!

Kobojunkie:
1. Since you aren't able to tangibly communicate your wife's qualms to us, my guess is there exists a big communication barrier between you two... someone hasn't been listening to the other, or taking seriously what the other has been saying, and my guess is you are it in this particular situation. undecided

2. You say her family supports your taking the baby but do you have your wife's permission to have the child or are you under the delusion that it is her family to decide who keeps the child? undecided

3. Try to engage the aid of a professional marriage counselor if you are serious about wanting to keep your marriage. It might work best if you both get an unfamiliar face between you to help mediate and at least help you understand the core issue between you two. undecided

If there are underlying medical issues, then you ought to be by her side in it. If not, then maybe you can discuss that too when you both seek help from your marriage counselor. undecided
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Freelance363: 6:18pm On May 26, 2022
If she doesn't want to come back,just keep sending her money for the baby's upkeep.when the baby is old enough to start school,go pick him/her.
U can't kill urself because of marriage.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by holafloyd(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Please and please I need mature and sensible advise.

Cc: RoyalRoy

I want this thread to be moved to the right and appropriate section. Thank you!
Baba u sef serve am break fast na
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by erneski01: 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
This is the best advice here...take it
satandeterrible:

Brother, let me tell you.
Forget what everyone else might be saying here.
Your wife's case is not a case or post partum depression or whatever jargon they want to give you.
Its all lies. Stupid lies intended to manipulate you into believing that she is not conscious of the actions she has been taking.

No reasonable woman will fail to take care of her baby, depression or not. No reasonable woman will just wake up and tell you the marriage is over, depression or not.
Believe otherwise at your one peril.
I strongly put it to you that your wife is fully aware of her actions and she is fully thinking out every of her steps.

That being said, you dey eff up. You dey eff up big time. Why will you care about what other people say? That's a very unattractive, low quality from a man. Honestly, how can you give a damn about what people say about your life. Your own life?

My man, as it stands now, divorce is the best option. Divorce that lady now and start looking for a sensible girl to marry, if you're so inclined.

Even if you do not divorce her immediately, take your child away from her.
It is wickedness on your part to allow your own toddler not to receive enough attention and care at this crucial stage.
You have been wicked to that baby and you must now ammend your steps. How do you feel when you know fully well that your wife is not taking care of your infant? How do you sleep at night?
No matter the care from your in-laws, parental affection cannot be matched.
You do not expect that they'll take care of the baby the way you should have done.

I cannot even imagine that my own offspring is not beign taken care of properly by my wife, yet I abandon him/her to my in-laws to take care of. That is so low of you. So, so low. I am disgusted! How can your child be suffering neglect why you, the father, are alive? Please don't give me the bullcrap of in-laws. Unless you want to say your in laws are better human than you are.

Now is time to get over your neglect and wickedness towards your own offspring.
Take back your child now. If necessary, employ a nanny who will help you take care of the child.
But you have to make extra sacrifices. Do not abandon the child to the nanny. Take extra steps to be overly present and involved in the taking care of your own child.

This is exactly what you have to do. If you decide to take any other directly contrasting opinion from this forum, I assure you that it will most certainly not end well.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2022
grin God will help sons of men cheesy
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On May 26, 2022
VULCAN:

In the kobojunkie universe...
The man is always to blame.
This moniker is definitely run by a female
No white knight can be this far gone!
You lot should stop letting your delusions rule over you much. undecided

Op admitted to having no clue what has been bothering his wife, yet she recently put to bed for him and he has been supporting them both. If there there does not ring of a break in communication as far as the marriage is concerned, I don't see how anyone can help you get it. lipsrsealed
Also, since he is the clueless one in this, it means he has missed it somewhere and needs to find answers in order to help him move forward. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by tightpussy156: 6:35pm On May 26, 2022
@OP are you a man or a SIMP.see you dont beg a woman stay in marriage.never you do that.let her move.she has made up her mnd.if you pressure her to stay you regret.simple truth your wife don they Bleep another dick outside servicing her black, blue, red, another man don they trill her deceive her.dont worry such a woman is USE AND DUMP.Only what will solve your problem is when the new man FUCKING her DUMPS HER.she come back to her sense.Women always think.outside they sweet them no sabi say notin they.mine was exactly like this.i let her go.today she has been USE AND DUMP by those men when they shack her brain.not even one or two.she they beg come back.i will never accept a cheating and foolish wife back who other men don sample.So chill relax move on with your life.he never reach to worry or kill yourself over a PROSTITUTE who pose as a wife.Go and eat,take your beer if you do or chilled wine move on with life.Who quote me hug transformer.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Mina79(f): 6:36pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Postpartum depression is seriously dealing with her.
Postpartum depression is a serious condition t affecting about 1 in 7 new parents. If you've had postpartum depression before, your risk increases to 30% each pregnancy. You may experience alternating highs and lows, frequent crying, irritability and fatigue, as well as feelings of guilt, anxiety and inability to care for your baby or yourself. Symptoms range from mild to severe and may appear within a week of delivery or gradually, even up to a year later. Although symptoms can last several months, treatment with psychotherapy or antidepressants is very effective.
Let your wife see a therapist or counselor.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by slowbreeze(f): 6:46pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Read about post partum depression.Thanks
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by BigYash: 6:47pm On May 26, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

These SIMPS dive into marriage without knowledge of female psychology.

She is testing this fool to see if he is truly a man.
And he failed the test woefully

For the man to beg her to come back, has made the girl lose interest and respect for the guy.
Op wife is a strong manipulator. She is enjoying the fact that her man is willing to climb mountains to bring her back.
But she has list respect for him for begging her to come back

If Op stood his ground, and instead of begging her.
He should have clearly not React or respond to her stupid tricks and if she wants to leaves he should call parents to return his bride price. And tell them he is marrying another wife.
Carry the baby and find a nanny to help

But the main issue is that the woman married a SIMP. She just got so bored of him that she had to leave the SIMP.

Imagine a man that cares what others say about him. That is female behavior.
He is not yet ready to be a man. Two women can't be living as husband and wive.. He don use he hand,and " I'm a good man" attitude spoil marriage.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by omostar: 6:52pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Please, what she needs right now is good psychiatric evaluation and treatment. I had a neighbor who had post partuM depression that lasted for almost a year. She neglected the baby, it degenerated to her being violent towards the husband and even her own sister that was living with her then.

She became better after appropriate medical treatment.
Her subconscious mind is probably associating you with the trauma of child birth. Be patient with her please.

please and please, do not listen to all these ignorant, little kids here insinuating she is cheating on you, GET HER MEDICAL HELP ASAP
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by franco3075q(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2022
Oga go and take ur baby, since she don't want to come back to u, hire a nanny to take care of ur baby, or if possible marry another wife, Village people still dey shake her calabash
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Akpacha(m): 7:12pm On May 26, 2022
If she is not mad, then there is something u are not telling.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 26, 2022
Respect that! Leave the marriage.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by temmytanny(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2022
blaquebelle:
Being that she just gave birth, it could be postpartum depression. Have you really sat down to discuss what her problem is? She must have given you reasons at least, even what you call none tangible, you can start from there. Try and convince her to attend marriage counselling or talk to her respected religious leader if she has one. If she doesn't agree to all these, there's really no point in forcing her to stay with you. Even the attitudes she would give you might make you regret forcing her back. As for the baby, choose based on the best environment for the child. Would you really have the time to be attentive to that delicate child, is the child still being breast fed. There are many things to consider in childcare. It's not as easy as it seems, even with the presence of a nanny.

You have said it all.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Bolubaba(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2022
I think I might know why. But I can only tell you the likely reason if you can call me. Hide your number I don't mind.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by KingDamzzy(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2022
Looks like your wife is experiencing a severe case of post partum depression (PPD) which has made her lose interest in motherhood. She would have to see a clinical psychologist for therapy.

There is this film on Netflix called "For Maria, Ebun Pataki" that sheds more light on cases like this.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Karnice600: 7:46pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Misterone: 8:02pm On May 26, 2022
GboyegaD:
Why not allow her to be raising the baby for now and you provide what the baby needs?
e be like say Una no dey read before Una dey comment.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by TenQ: 8:04pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Post delivery depression or Schizophrenia. Take her to the hospital for medical checkup through her family (as discreetly as you can make it).

Pray for her as she needs all the support now.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Elliot2(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2022
satandeterrible:

Iswearugud grin grin
Post Partum depression, post partum psychosis.
Very soon you go hear post partum cheating. Post partum murder. Post partum billing grin

When men fail to learn female psychology, they'll always fall prey to the everlasting victimhood of women.
Women are masterful manipulators. They'll never accept wrong doings. They always find a way to make you feel guilty for their crimes.

I pity ignorant, gullible men.
Lol. Allow these SIMPs learn their lessons. Somebody dey practise korokoro witchcraft for day time, but dem dey blind, come dey call am fancy name sey na post platoon, abi na post cartoon disorder. Make dem no worry. Shey the feminism and fake rape accusation madness never do us enough, now we don add another. Make this girls just get time to abuse this term, we go hear am.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by torqque7(m): 8:24pm On May 26, 2022
Death to all SIMPS.. Someone even her family can't talk to and can't take care of her own baby has no business been a wife let alone mother..this SIMP go marry slay queen Olosho keep for house and I bet he saw the signs but the SIMP in him just had to come out full blown..spits
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Elliot2(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2022
slowbreeze:

Read about post partum depression.Thanks
Americans have had access to gun for over a century. But throughout the 1900 to as recent as 1980s to 90s. There was less mass shootings, not even up to 30 in that period. But since the 1990s to now, there has been hundreds, if not a
thousand or more mass shootings. Gun ownership has not changed. So, what really happened to the Americans? Liberalisation of every nonsense. Using fancy names to sugarcoat things. Now, things are out of hand. It's just a matter time before women here start to abuse the post partum thing, and then we won't be able to differentiate someone who is intentional practising witchcraft from someone who is genuine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by MadamOk(f): 8:42pm On May 26, 2022
Oga, I know say una marry ooo
The only question I wan ask, I know is some how ooo

Was she ready for children bearing

Did you guys talk about child bearing, when you guys are courting or after marriage

Did you ask her if she knows more about child bearing or motherhood?

Because what I see from your story if it is not postpartum, it could be, she wasn't ready for child bearing for now... So give her time and see if she will calm down or change before you take any decisions.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Bsideboi(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2022
looks like postpartum depression. Show your wife more care and attention and probably get her to see a psychiatrist. It's hard but women's bodies react differently to pregnancy and childbirth. All the best bud
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Theevilone(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why is the mother doing that when it is the daughter's baby though? Does she know something that she isn't communicating to you about your wife? undecided

And how old is this daughter anyways? undecided

What is wrong with you lots, didn’t read before commenting, why are you asking him what he had mentioned earlier?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by NaijaCars4sale: 8:55pm On May 26, 2022
This your case is strange, I pray that God gives you wisdom
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by chaloskyx: 9:16pm On May 26, 2022
Dude take your baby give them to your parents and find love again no be by force stop thinking of what people would say and think for the well being of yourself and your baby
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by PROPHETmichael: 9:47pm On May 26, 2022
Is the baby even yours?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by FunNoStrings(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2022
Tell her mom to take her to the hospital. It's a classical case of postpartum depression. She needs help.

Let them take her to her Obgyn, who might have to refer her or invite a psychiatrist to help.

She will come around in the next few weeks and months.

Please don't listen to the ignorant kids on Nairaland. Your wife has a serious medical issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Husband Caught Having Sex With His Maid Just Hours After His Wife Gave Birth / Should I Marry A Man With A Low Sperm Count? / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.