Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary (28851 Views)

Rivers, G5 Govs Won’t Work For Atiku, Wike Declares / Why Consensus May Force Tinubu Out Of APC / Why Consensus May Force Tinubu Out Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880mand: 7:29am On May 26, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

How will consensus going to keep the party intact? Who will step down for the other?

[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2022
Nebulax:

How do you mean by impose? Do you have an idea about the long time plan of SW 2023 presidency?

You have only been following Politics without knowing how the game is really been played. You do not expect me to use all the mouth to talk. Read between my few lines

Guy chill @seunmsg won you squarely on this. You can't say you know more about politics and opine that consensus in this context will make the party stronger. With a credible primary election, losers easily accept their loss and readily support the winner. How will you feel if your teachers were picking the best students for promotions or prizes without exams? Or if football matches were decided on consensus. They all have every right to contest. So let the best candidate or better game player win

8 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880mand: 7:30am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Nebulax:

SW dominating the Apc presidential candidates is a tactics for the candidates to garner support all over the country and then back out at the last minute to support the preferred candidate.

No loudness on that
[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880man: 7:30am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Nebulax:

No be only Pdp, but NNPP.

Some of you have been following Politics without even knowing how it's been played.. Na wah oo
[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880man: 7:30am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Nebulax:

The last paragraph is very logical
[/s]
[s]
Nebulax:

How do you mean by impose? Do you have an idea about the long time plan of SW 2023 presidency?

You have only been following Politics without knowing how the game is really been played. You do not expect me to use all the mouth to talk. Read between my few lines

[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by gurunlocker: 7:30am On May 26, 2022
seunmsg:

We’ve said this severally but coconut head wailers keep flying fake news around to feel good. Those who are supporting aspirants whose only hope is to emerge by consensus or anointing can also give it a rest. A primary election will be conducted and the winner will be the party’s candidate. There won’t be any undemocratic imposition in APC.

This rule is not applicable to Lagos state I believe? grin grin grin

Handpicked and consensus at the state level but want primary at the federal level grin
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by duro4chang(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2022
It can't work in any serious party now. Any party that does it will face a serious problem. It is too late now. Let there be level playing ground for all contestants.

1 Like

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Foreigna2: 7:31am On May 26, 2022
Nebulax:
Consensus is the only way to keep the party intact if not, things could be scattered after the primary

You are not very knowledgeable about politics.

3 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by duro4chang(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2022
LegendHero:
Let’s meet at the polls to elect the presidential candidate.

If our candidate lose at the primaries, we will give support to the winner and vice versa.

That’s exactly how things should be. So Mr. Chairman is very right on this.
But there must he level playing ground for all the contestants.
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Echoban: 7:34am On May 26, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by adebayo987: 7:34am On May 26, 2022
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880maa: 7:36am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Nebulax:

Omo Oko, bawo ni oo
[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2022
gurunlocker:

This rule is not applicable to Lagos state I believe? grin grin grin

Handpicked and consensus at the state level but want primary at the federal level grin
There has always been primary election I'm Lagos. I don't know what you are on about.

5 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by JB4life: 7:36am On May 26, 2022
Mooh247:
You can't bribe or intimidate Adamu

Sai Baba really knows how to pick a tough chairmman for APC from Oshiomhole to Adamu.
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 1880m: 7:37am On May 26, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Ironically right angry

How can one be forced to step down and you expect things to be cool
[/s]
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by emmykk(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2022
This is the screen criteria.

Presidential aspirants of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are currently being screened to determine their suitability, party chair Abdullahi Adamu said yesterday.

A panel made up of lawyers in the legal department is looking through the documents submitted by the aspirants as well as reports submitted on them by security agencies.

Senator Adamu, spoke during an interview session with Hausa-speaking media organisations at his office in Abuja.

Many candidates will be punished here
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Owopariola1: 7:42am On May 26, 2022
Nebulax:

Can't Tinubu be the consensus candidate cos I am yet to understand how his supporters have been behaving regarding that.

If it comes to primary election, from the look of things, who else aside Tinubu is going to win?

3 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by roselynbas(f): 7:42am On May 26, 2022
I have been reading the comments above and i have been laughing.

Those of you saying the present govt needs to be removed and the saviour is Tinubu, please, who went all out to ensure that the present govt won?

The same nonsense that was said before the advent of the current govt is the same song you people are now singing. You obviously don't learn from history.

Anyway, may God give us the right persons to govern this country, if it is the same Tinubu you people are advocating for, may he do the will of God.

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Feggie3: 7:42am On May 26, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
Come out like a man and come test your popularity... There will never be any fvcking imposition of candidate.... Tinubu, the jagaban of Africa will surely laugh last
Jagaban by sharing money and buying people's conscience. Stupid lots with lack of integrity. How will he recover those money he wasted?
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by 6pack: 7:43am On May 26, 2022
“Once God makes up his mind and say this is who He wants,

What bullshit. All these type of jokes makes me believe God is a joker. If not he suppose strike that bastard
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 7:44am On May 26, 2022
ojuu4u:

Read what he said exactly and not derailing headline.

He denied they want to Force and not totally rule out consensus

God and read entire interview, he didn't rule out consensus Mr.

On plans by the party to force a consensus, he said, “There is no truth in what you said. The reason is that the chairmanship seat is not the same as that of the tussle for the Presidency of the country. You can’t even compare the two of them. That question does not arise.

What's so difficult to understand in the above? This is the highlight of the whole interview. Don't let bitterness temper with your brains.

6 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Penguin2: 7:48am On May 26, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
PrinceofLagos, truthisunique2, penguin2 and their co-travellers can go and rest now.

This is the explanation we've been trying to offer them but their hate filled soul refused to adhere to reason.

Now that you've heard from the chairman himself you people can rest in Jesus name amen.

Kikikikikikiki....... nobody should flood my mention with hot tears please.

Why not relax?

Sunday is not far again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by MrUchenna1(m): 7:50am On May 26, 2022
There's a game called circle and I don't know how BUT will figure it out....liars everywhere
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 7:50am On May 26, 2022
Nebulax:
Consensus is the only way to keep the party intact if not, things could be scattered after the primary

Una brain dey always go anticlockwise. Lol.....

1 Like

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 7:51am On May 26, 2022
Penguin2:

Why not relax?

Sunday is not far again

U don weak

2 Likes

Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by ejimatic: 8:00am On May 26, 2022
CharleyBright:

Tinubu Can NEVER be President of Nigeria.
If you so desire him, then make him Oba of Yoruba land.
We don't need a old drug Baron that will steal our common wealth like he is stealing Lagos money.
God forbid Tinubu.
Osibanjo will take it.
Osinbajo is a saint ,a mezziah and a perfect man? Will it not be an elongation of the Buharis regime? Any president in the SW must come from Ogun State? The truth many are yet to understand is that none of our aspirants in our parties has love of the masses! I have no hope in them.
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by edungene7: 8:05am On May 26, 2022
A clueless party in a failed state lying to Nigerians since 2015 looking for a candidate they can manipulate to continue there bidding of borrowing and looting it shall not be well for any one who is supporting this evil party and it agenda
Re: Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary by Buckeyemedia1: 8:07am On May 26, 2022
seunmsg:

We’ve said this severally but coconut head wailers keep flying fake news around to feel good. Those who are supporting aspirants whose only hope is to emerge by consensus or anointing can also give it a rest. A primary election will be conducted and the winner will be the party’s candidate. There won’t be any undemocratic imposition in APC.
Consensus or no Consensus, President Buhari will choose his own Successor, who chose Yaradua for Obasanjo? who chose Fashola for Tinubu? What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP / IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached To Yahaya Bello / Should Nigeria Be Divided?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.