Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... (7203 Views)

David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Whose Son Has Days To Live In Rivers State Absconds After N70m Was Raised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Stargangz: 11:11am On May 26, 2022
WTF! but It's better to die than to be in this kind of situation. I can't even wish my enemy this kind of suffering.

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:06pm On May 26, 2022
Wow
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Rickmann: 12:31pm On May 26, 2022
bmdmix15:
Man whose body was cut in half by forklift begged doctors to save him even if he was just 'a head

A man who was crushed by a forklift begged surgeons and his family to help keep him alive even if he was just a ‘head on a plate’.

Loren Schauers, 20, from Great Falls in Montana, USA, was working in a forklift on a bridge in September 2019, but traffic forced him to get too close to the edge of the bridge, which made him plummet 50ft below and the forklift landed on him – severing his forearm and crushing his lower body.

When he got to the hospital, doctors were forced to perform a hemicorperectomy on him, meaning everything below his waist was amputated to save his life.

After the operation, healthcare professionals didn’t think Loren would make it and his family had to decide there and then if the doctors should save him by cutting him in half .

But while the family were having the conversation with doctors, Lore 'miraculously' woke up and begged doctors to perform the lifesaving operation.

Loren has now been living without his legs and right forearm for two years.

He receives help every day from his loving wife, Sabia Reiche, aged 23, and they both have a YouTube channel with over 500k subscribers, where they document shared aspects of their life.

Sabia opened up about finding out when doctors told the family they would be forced to amputate everything below Loren’s bellybutton.

She said to the Daily Star: ‘We were all like super shocked and none of us knew how to react and none of us knew how Loren would react because he’s an 18-year-old guy living life to the full.

Loren’s sexual organs has been removed as part of the surgery because his pelvis was also crushed.

Sabia said Loren’s mum was power of attorney before the operation and had a difficult decision to make.

She didn’t know whether to have the surgery done and for him to wake up and hate her for it, or not have the surgery done and he dies and then she feels like she killed her son,’ she added.

So his sister fought really hard for him to be taken off the breathing tube so he could make the decision.

‘After a day or two after consultations and talking, they took him off it and he woke up and he kind of had an idea what was going on.’

When Loren woke up in hospital he knew something terrible had happened to his body.

Surgeons told him ‘you’ll lose the lower half of your body or you may die in surgery’.

Sabia added: ‘From that moment I knew he wasn’t going anywhere because he looked them dead in the eye and told them he didn’t care if he was just a head on a plate, they’re going to do the surgery and they’re going to keep him alive.

‘That really brought a lot of hope for us, that he was a fighter, but we already knew that because he was still alive.’

Since the accident Sabia helps Loren with many day-to-day activities.

Sabia also hit out at online trolls who have questioned how the couple have sex.

‘That is a very personal question that we are never going to answer or allude to as it’s very disrespectful.

‘You wouldn’t ask a random couple on the street how they have sex and just because our life circumstances are different, it doesn’t give people the right to ask.’

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

The question is how the hell did he even survive been split in two by a forklift?
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ClipHog: 3:09pm On May 26, 2022
Now if I may ask; is it God that save him or the doctors?
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Onyi22(f): 3:14pm On May 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Damn. So no latching for am like this oh
Mumu Nigeria man, only sex full your empty head
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ambitiouschap17: 3:26pm On May 26, 2022
This is an old story. The guy is doing well now he even has a YouTube channel with his girlfriend, you can check them out Sabia and Loren.

His mental toughness is top notch.

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Creamypie(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2022
Onyi22:

Mumu Nigeria man, only sex full your empty head
Kai. I say make I see your profile before I comment. Na total eyesore u be oh. No lemme comment oh, please, cos na sniper you go take.lemme go back to work
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by badboyTee(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2022
How the hell is this posibble?

So he won't enjoy that thing again !

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Lamanii22(f): 9:05pm On May 26, 2022
Omoor, he is strong oo… I’d rather die…
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 10:26pm On May 26, 2022
badboyTee:
How the hell is this posibble?

So he won't enjoy that thing again !
undecided
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by MMWandali: 2:58am On May 27, 2022
This is .... ....
I just can't describe
Lord have mercy on us all
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by MMWandali: 3:09am On May 27, 2022
ClipHog:
Now if I may ask; is it God that save him or the doctors?
God gave the doctors the know-how to get the right thing done
That Notwithstanding God decides everything if he lives on or not, if the doctors live or not, if we live or not any day any time
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Nobody: 4:07am On May 27, 2022
Meanwhile, if you need a new website for your business or a crypto investment website at an affordable rate, contact us today @ 07011899545 or visit our website
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by tenderlaw(m): 6:06am On May 27, 2022
IamDora:

The only thing that runs through the mind of an average poor Nigerian man - Sex smiley
I know the guy you quoted is a buffoon for saying that...but pls show us your account balance before you call anybody broke.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Deckracer: 6:38am On May 27, 2022
Creamypie:
Damn. So no latching for am like this oh
So of all the things in your brain, this is the best you can give.
Stop being stupid! �
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Creamypie(m): 6:48am On May 27, 2022
Deckracer:

So of all the things in your brain, this is the best you can give.
Stop being stupid! �
all these indomie kids born yesterday, who lack manners. Is there anything stopping u from directly stating your opinion without insulting elders?
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by stamapro(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2022
I will always be grateful God. Can't imagine how his is coping. I salute the courage of his girl...
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Polynek(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2022
imagine living like Dix all the days of His life cry GOD I thank you for my life and perfect health
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ThatsONYI: 7:53am On May 27, 2022
Creamypie:
see this ant. Thats how ritualist Deceive u to subscribe. Real Rich guys don't post to impress like u did, cos u and I know from that pix that the only thing u own is u, not d car, phone, hair do, clothes. For your info, am a senior medical doctor at F,M.C, Asaba in delta state, and that pic was taken at yenagoa when we went for a medical seminar. My only two sisters are masters holders and lecture at college of aducation, Agbor in Delta state, both are already going for P.H.D at NAU, oka, and not low lifers, barely literate -at -best leeches like u whose only hope in life is to look for yahoo boys to leech, then u are passed to the next. my last response to a cretin.

shocked

Good reply, sir. cry grin

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ThatsONYI: 8:00am On May 27, 2022
shocked

Jesus Christ, I rather die than live like this - this man is a hero. God thank you for everything, sorry for being an ingrate, sorry for having suicidal thoughts, sorry for being a friend to depression..

Sorry Lord, I don't care what anyone says about your existence but I know I finna chose to rather die than take this strong decision like this man did.

God bless him, my older brother is handicapped since birth, he can't talk, hear, walk all his life. I know the pain, I go through with the thoughts that my brother will never get to walk all his life and needs true love and care.

I can't care for him because I'm broke and if I can't make him strong physically, at least I need to get to take good care of my brother.
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 9:48am On May 27, 2022
SheunDataPlug:
grin

We are your sure plug for affordable Data Bundle
go find who to scam
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 12:03pm On May 27, 2022
SheunDataPlug:

Use your brain bro..am a student of Lasu..will never scam anyone.
Is you need to buy..I will send you data and after you receive you can make payment.
Not everyone is here to scam
hahaha guy use ur brain well, student of lasu come mean say wetn.

Omo change ur format its boring
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 12:21pm On May 27, 2022
SheunDataPlug:

If you don't want to be unfortunate don't text me again.
Even on nairaland Ad, 250gb mtn data is being advertised.
And am here selling 1gb mtn 300 and even offered to sub you directly for you to confirm and when you see you will make payment, but you said nothing to that.
But bringing ones business down is what you can only think of..
my friend get out fortunate creature
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ClipHog: 1:52pm On May 27, 2022
MMWandali:
God gave the doctors the know-how to get the right thing done
That Notwithstanding God decides everything if he lives on or not, if the doctors live or not, if we live or not any day any time
LOL did the doctors used the knowledge they acquired from their various field or
They did that miraculously?
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by BigYash: 2:00pm On May 27, 2022
Creamypie:
see this ant. Thats how ritualist Deceive u to subscribe. Real Rich guys don't post to impress like u did, cos u and I know from that pix that the only thing u own is u, not d car, phone, hair do, clothes. For your info, am a senior medical doctor at F,M.C, Asaba in delta state, and that pic was taken at yenagoa when we went for a medical seminar. My only two sisters are masters holders and lecture at college of aducation, Agbor in Delta state, both are already going for P.H.D at NAU, oka, and not low lifers, barely literate -at -best leeches like u whose only hope in life is to look for yahoo boys to leech, then u are passed to the next. my last response to a cretin.
Doc this is too much for her na.. You wan kill person ?

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by MMWandali: 2:45pm On May 27, 2022
ClipHog:

LOL did the doctors used the knowledge they acquired from their various field or
They did that miraculously?

God saved him through the intervention of doctors
The knowledge of the doctors was made possible by God

All things are possible through God's permission not necessarily a "miracle"
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ClipHog: 4:19pm On May 28, 2022
MMWandali:

God saved him through the intervention of doctors
The knowledge of the doctors was made possible by God

All things are possible through God's permission not necessarily a "miracle"

Okay so why do they have to go to school before they acquire the knowledge? How about him make it possible without them going through the intense trainings
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by MMWandali: 4:40pm On May 28, 2022
ClipHog:

Okay so why do they have to go to school before they acquire the knowledge? How about him make it possible without them going through the intense trainings
It doesn't work like that

Even with God things have to follow protocol and process
For example, a baby born does not just become an adult the next day
It takes a process
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ClipHog: 6:18pm On May 28, 2022
MMWandali:

It doesn't work like that

Even with God things have to follow protocol and process
For example, a baby born does not just become an adult the next day
It takes a process

So the baby that grows with time, is it God that make the baby grow or the food the baby eat?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frustrated Hiv Patient Bathes Counsellor With Acid / Six Policemen, LASTMA Official Arrested For Extortion / Sexy Brazilian Cop Arrests Gang Leader, Gang Members Leaks Her Nude Pictures...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.