Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice (11889 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by kunletech: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2011
My wife has no respect for me and outsider, We have move into three deference houses because of her behavior to people, My family are telling me to let her go, because she insulted my MUM on my son's naming day, Yet she never change. I am the one taking care of all family bills,
I am dieing slowling because of her character, I have case in the court because of her.
But she is hardworking and caring.
I am thinking of divorcing her, we only have one son.
Please advice me on what to do.

This is for the mature thinkable people please.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by webcam(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
support her in prayer, talk to her on how to handle and treat ppl if she din't change wait till she send you to prison or you find a solution to your self,
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2011
Well, I think U guys need to sit down and talk to each other, did U notice those attitudes before you get married?

But U said U were the one taking care of all the financial issues in the house, U also stated that she's hardworking and caring, which means she's kinda supporting U.

Everyone has his/her good and bad side, U have to look at her good side first, then U sit her down and talk to her. But if she doesn't change, warn her again, if she still continues, divorce.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by ronkebp(f): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
I think you have to let her know how her behaviour is eating you silently, let her know that if she does not change you are thinking of ending the marriage, especially since she is causing trouble everywhere, so at least with that at the back of her mind, she would amend.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by obowunmi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2011
Why not sign her up for personal development classes ? Its obvious she's not a people person why not try to limit her interaction with people. God help you, for you to be able to deal with her, you must be a patient person. All is well.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by NAJALYN: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2011
@poster, you said your wife is hardworking and caring. Talk to her and she will change her attitude. If as you said she is caring, she will not do anything to create problem for her marriage. All the best.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by ifyalways(f): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2011
Has she always been like this or she changed?

Does she get into physical fights or she fights with her mouth(gets into quarells constantly)?You jump in to seperate and defend her when she starts running her mouth at outsiders?

Sit her down and have a talk with her outlining for her the dangers she is bringing for herself,your child and you with her constant sqabbles and let her know your stance:henceforth you would neither interfere nor defend her whenever she gets herself into a fight.She bears sole responsibity for all her actions.

Make she go run mouth for Mushin naaa,na dia dem go use resounding and stars invoking slaps shut her mouth.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2011
ifyalways:

Make she go run mouth for Mushin naaa,na dia dem go use resounding and stars invoking slaps shut her mouth.

grin grin grin grin Her Sister's in Law are good naaa. Come try insult my mama anyhow grin Na only one gurl(2nd gurl in the family) for the family we go release to shut her mouth for her. That agbero gurl cheesy grin
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Jenonye(f): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2011
Divorce is NOT an OPTION, its for better for worse, what u need to do is to let her knw ur stand an the issue, if she refuses to change,ignore her for sometime until she comes to you for forgiveness, u dnt have to let her go,nobody is perfect
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2011
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by tEsLim(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2011
Did you just discovered this? Or you guys didn't date you just got her pregnant and headed for the altar not to have child outta wedlock? The earlier the better though. IF you see that she can't change file for divorce "irreconcilable differences) abi wetin them dey call ham. Let her go you can still be friends afterwards. Downgrade her back to a girlfriend or baby mama via DIVORCE. cheesy
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Outstrip(f): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2011
Your family are asking you to divorce her because she "insulted" your mom? Hmm. Keep your family out of it and focus on your wife. She needs to understand that her behavior is affecting every aspects of your lives. Does she work out of the home?
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by 2mch(m): 4:30am On Jul 18, 2011
grin grin. Your wife is a very lucky woman. I don't think any of my siblings spouses can insult our mother and get away with their lives. shocked . She should go down on her knees and apologise to everyone in the family. Any debt she incurred from misbehaving should be paid by her. Tell her to get a job. Also warn her for the last time about misbehaving and disrespecting herself outside. If she should try it again, pack her load and deposit the empty barrel at her parents foot steps. This reflects very bad up bringing. This agbero will shorten your life span. Not worth it. She has no home training. I don't think she realises she can lose her home yet. Be real with her and tell her angry
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by SleekReek(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2011
Divorce shouldn't be an option.Everything has a solution,first keep your extended family members out of this,find way to parcify them so that the healing process of there getting to accept your wife agian will begin. Then sit your wife down and loving have a talk with her,you may take her out to dinner or somewhere romantic,but let her know you love her,then talk to her,not accuse,let her know how she makes you feel by her behaviour and tell her you are willing to support her to change,find out about her childhood,there could be clues as to what shaped her behaviour,in talking to her find out what is frustrating her,is there something you are doing she doesn't like,please the key is not to flare up or get angry the focus is to get a solution,remember you have a son,this is your family and you are responsible to keep your family together,well and happy.

Pray before you talk to her,pray with her and pray for her,eventually she will need to apologise to your family member.

Wish you all the best.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by bashydemy(m): 8:25am On Jul 18, 2011
@OP i think you need to take things easy for now and try to talk sense into her head let her know the kind of trouble she is putting you into and how embarrassed you are sometimes, and also about her attitude toward your family especially your mom, how would i married a lady that have no respect for my mom, did i hear someone said you should take your family out of this and focused on your wife that is a bad advise what is your family turn there back on your cos of your wife situation? that will be the worse cos you have known your family for your entire life and your wife was just few years back just try and work things out with her and if she did not change her ways bro na divorce remain ooooo or else make u no go end in kirikiri, Goodluck bro
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by bizmogul(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
You need to see the movie "Not Easily Broken", That should help
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by alexola20(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by blank(f): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ Poster, i think u should find out why ur wife is refusing to have sex with you. Maybe that will be a clue as to why she does not have respect 4 u.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by SUV(f): 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2011
Divorce shouldn't be an option.Everything has a solution,first keep your extended family members out of this,find way to parcify them so that the healing process of there getting to accept your wife agian will begin. Then sit your wife down and loving have a talk with her,you may take her out to dinner or somewhere romantic,but let her know you love her,then talk to her,not accuse,let her know how she makes you feel by her behaviour and tell her you are willing to support her to change,find out about her childhood,there could be clues as to what shaped her behaviour,in talking to her find out what is frustrating her,is there something you are doing she doesn't like,please the key is not to flare up or get angry the focus is to get a solution,remember you have a son,this is your family and you are responsible to keep your family together,well and happy.

Pray before you talk to her,pray with her and pray for her,eventually she will need to apologise to your family member.

Wish you all the best.

i think i agree with these suggestions! At poster, u may consider.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by SUV(f): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ Poster, i think u should find out why your wife is refusing to Be Intimate with you. Maybe that will be a clue as to why she does not have respect 4 u.

the poster never mentioned anything like the bolded pls.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by emmatok(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
My friend, she really taking you for granted.

Don't let her push to into doing anything wrong, because these issues usually lead to a lot of conflicts

Just make your opinion on your marriage known to her.

If she is willing to stay in the marriage, she must change.

Or else  both of you should go your separate ways.

It is better before the issue escalate beyond your control.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by blank(f): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ SUV, he has mentioned it before in a previous post.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by MMM2(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
Op
Just divorce her angry
& marry anoda wife :-/
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by http(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
A woman who has no respect for her husband and mother-in-law says alot about her upbringing, am sure her mother is abusive and that what she learn while growing.

call her and inform her of your trouble, let her know the consiquence of her action, every action comes with a reaction, she better change or comot. Its not about she has a son for me bla bla bla, alot of guys like you are either in thier grave yard or kirikiri, you better call her to order and make sure you inform her parent at least once before you send her packing.

I can remember when my wife misbehave once, wetin crase man do, i just gave her final yellolw card, and slightly shown her say i get RED card for back pocket, on sighting the tip of the RED card, babe chilled fast fast, women need crase men to slow their growing crazilous behaviour grin.

Am sure you aloowed her do all this, they will always give you tips of their mad behavior and wait for you reaction, since you just did not respond well, that is the begining of your trouble, just wait some months, you will have multiple court case. angry
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by emmatok(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
http:

A woman who has no respect for her husband and mother-in-law says alot about her upbringing, am sure her mother is abusive and that what she learn while growing.

call her and inform her of your trouble, let her know the consiquence of her action, every action comes with a reaction, she better change or comot. Its not about she has a son for me bla bla bla, alot of guys like you are either in thier grave yard or kirikiri, you better call her to order and make sure you inform her parent at least once before you send her packing.

I can remember when my wife misbehave once, wetin crase man do, i just gave her final yellolw card, and slightly shown her say i get RED card for back pocket, on sighting the tip of the RED card, babe chilled fast fast, women need crase men to slow their growing crazilous behaviour grin.

Am sure you aloowed her do all this, they will always give you tips of their mad behavior and wait for you reaction, since you just did not respond well, that is the begining of your trouble, just wait some months, you will have multiple court case. angry

Correct.

The man allowed his wife to misbehave for long.

He need to show her the "Yellow card".

Let her know that divorce option is on the table.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by passyjango(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
Persuade her to talk to a psychologist, she may have some issues that only a professional can fix. May be she was maltreated when she was young and is now taking her revenge on everyone around her (just speculating).
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by noholdsbarred(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
Communication between couples is very essential to make the relationship work. You've only told us your side of the story, if your wife was to start a thread on this forum we would probably sympatize with her because of you. Could it be that she has been trying to get your attention for years and you never listened to her? Could it be that she's frustrated and irritated about something and you are not responding to her needs? I'm not here to judge but it takes two to make the relationship work. Search yourself and see your own fault, admit them and them you can address hers. She'd probably be a different person if you did things a little differently.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Ournaija: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
I can feel bro. This kind of marriage can be peppery as hell. It can send one to an early grave faster than poison. I will advise you to leave her for a while. Give her room to think during this moment of isolation.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by NatGas(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
Divorce is an option.Women are really scared of the word divorce!let her know its a possibility and I think she will melo.but even at that, let it be the last option.She needs rehabilitation and while she is under going this process,she would all need all the support she can get from you.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by denitro(m): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2011
I feel your pain.
I had a girlfriend I was trying to get married to.
She was bad tempered, bad mannered etc
I tried changing her but after 1 year found out that if I scorn and talk to her abt her behaviour
What she does is pretend for some few days or weeks then she is back to her old self.
2 weeks to my engagement I called everything off.
I am going to search for someone else.
Period.
I want peace and I cannot compromise that.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by Slogan13(m): 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
I've always believed in one thing; What is meant for you will never cause you pain.  Try to find out where the problem is coming from and do your best to iron it out. The problem might be from you and it annoys her,so dialogue it out with your wife and if the same thing continues just let it go. You and her can share the responsibility of taking care of your child because he's the one affected in this whole drama. The most important thing in this life is peace of mind and you deserve it. Have a great day.
Re: My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice by lepasharon(f): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
a swift backhand will do d job wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / My Husband Has Just Had A Baby With Another Woman - I Am Hurting / My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.