Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court (11922 Views)

My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / “my Wife Beats Me Every Day” Man Cries For Divorce / ‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by victorazy(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
Lagos, -  A middle-aged auto mechanic on Monday asked a Mushin Grade A Customary Court to dissolve his eight-year old marriage because his wife was allegedly fond of beating him up whenever they quarrelled.

“I have never seen such a troublesome woman like my wife; she hits me with all sorts of wooden and iron objects whenever we have a quarrel and has inflicted several injuries on me. I usually don’t retaliate when she hits me.

“Her actions have been threatening my life and I can’t wait till she kills me before I save myself.

“I am tired of the marriage and I want to put an end to it,” Ibrahim Salami pleaded with the court.

Salami also accused Keji, his petty trader wife, of being an unrepentant adulterous woman who was fond of dating other men in the neighbourhood.

“My wife is a wayward woman. I can no longer vouch for her fidelity. She is always hiding the children from me and forbids them from talking to me. I believe she wants to take them to the home of one of her numerous boyfriends.”

But Keji denied the allegations, claiming that it was her husband who dated one of her friends.

“I am a responsible and Godly woman. I am not adulterous. It was Ibrahim who dated my friend in spite of my pleas. He even bragged about his shameful acts. He plays all sorts of mockery music to infuriate me in the house.”

Keji said that the divorce suit filed by Salami was a way of evading his financial responsibilities as a father.

“He wants to divorce me so that he can abandon me and the children. He doesn’t want to take care of them. He has never really cared about their welfare.

She urged the court not to grant her husband’s divorce request, adding that she was still interested in making their marriage work.

The Court President, Mr Abayomi Ipaye, advised the couple that quarrels were inevitable in marriage since it involved two people with different perception and background.

“Both of you are from different backgrounds; you have diverse opinions on various issues, therefore, you will constantly disagree.

“Disagreements breed quarrels in marriage but they can be managed with maturity and a lot of patience.”

He called on the couple to exercise endurance and humility for long lasting and blissful marriage.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/my-wife-beats-me-up-husband-tells-court/
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
The court should have granted the divorce. What if the woman hits him on the head with a metal object and he dies? The guy should just move out. He is exercising restraint by not retaliating when she beats him and now the court if forcing him to stay with her. I can only hope he doesn’t come unglued some day and do something regrettable.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by moremi2008(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
What is Nigeria turning into? Why are men so quick to abandon their wives? The man should approach his wife in a conciliatory way and beg her. Marriage isn't easy and the man should be able to tolerate occasional beatings from his wife. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by 989900: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
muppets lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by sugar001(f): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Fank God things are changing• Enough is enough @guys beating chicks• @the wife! Please beat him very well• Keep it up• Infact “more power to your elbow”
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by kizito96(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
Our women are taking the leadership role
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Shola2009(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^
is that what you call leadership ?
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by UyiIredia(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2012
Jezebel. Make the man comot from the wife.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
sugar 001:

Fank God things are changing• Enough is enough @guys beating chicks• @the wife! Please beat him very well• Keep it up• Infact “more power to your elbow”

You, support the woman abi, you would you do same? If yes, then I pray God to give you a man who's opposite to her husband, please can you say amen if you're not marid yet?

i don't know about the other allegations, but the woman being a bully I fully agree, she is.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by thehunted(m): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
moremi2008:

What is Nigeria turning into? Why are men so quick to abandon their wives? The man should approach his wife in a conciliatory way and beg her. Marriage isn't easy and the man should be able to tolerate occasional beatings from his wife. grin grin grin grin grin grin

mumu
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by victorazy(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
A woman beating man? There is no trace of God in her at all, can u beat ur master? Or is it because God decided to make u two litle bit equal?
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Goldieluks: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Shameless man.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by DidiLove1: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
kizito96:

Our women are taking the leadership role

Domestic violence is your idea of leadership?  

Little wonder this country is in its present state!
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by humblebee: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
Goldieluks:

Shameless man.

grin grin grin grin grin grin really shamless
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by yme1(f): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
victorazy:

A woman beating man? There is no trace of God in her at all, can u beat ur master? Or is it because God decided to make u two litle bit equal?
Lmao. . . If a man can beat up a woman why can't a woman beat up a man?
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by victorazy(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
Plz guyz this is not a shameful stuff. Get the story well and you find out that the guy don't like beating up his wife just like me cuz Some guyz don't like beating up women.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by GboyegaD(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
But some people sef sha. How every argument go dey turn to fight? Make the guy try dey waka comot for house if the argument dey go too hot before the violence go try. D woman no wan appreciate wetin she get sha. She see gentleman and she no wan appreciate am.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by nxanadu: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ole. lazy man. u're not ashame of ur self
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by dlion: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
Sign of end time.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by isalegan2: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
Isn't this an old case?  I could have sworn I read exactly the same incident taken to the same customary court a few months ago.  Maybe it was continued.  In any case, I believe the man is about 15 or 20 years older than the wife and in ill health, so she had an advantage to pummeling the poor guy.  He also says she brings other men to the house.  shocked

They need to separate before she kills him.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Oceemo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2012
He is a fool diz is a disgrace 2 manhood."my wife beats me everytime".c im big mouth make im no go take care of im children.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Bright2(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
Chai ! This woman must have black belt in karatey & taquando . Oga abeg sorry God dey!
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by faboben10: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
A house devoid of christ will b full of crises
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by ronkebp(f): 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
Not everyman can be stronger than the wife, the guy should just leave if he can not condole her beatings.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
who's lieing amongst the two couples now?
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yoruba women are promiscuous no doubt. This is not a news. Man go for the divorce and go marry from other tribe.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by GWslim(f): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
That is what you hear when marriage union is no more rosy and sweet.
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by chuksikem(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
kristen211:

who's lieing amongst the two couples now?

fu[b]c.[/b].king niggah ayaya, if its to insult NDIGBO, pride of the black race, you will come first, lieing indeed, grin grin grin grin,
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
The women activist would say, the man must have done something to make the woman start beating him
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by ogbongzky(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
sugar 001:

Hahahaha, you no well at all oo. grin
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by MeAndYou(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
“I have never seen such a troublesome woman like my wife; she hits me with all sorts of wooden and iron objects whenever we have a quarrel and has inflicted several injuries on me. I usually don’t retaliate when she hits me.

See his mouth. So she is no more the sugar in your tea and  the cockroach in your cupboard like before?

It is high time our youth understand that it takes more than just love lust to have a good marriage.

What God has joined together, let no man put asunder. That is if God initially joined it. grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Beats Me Up, Husband Tells Court by bulksms247(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
Should I tell your sorry or ntoor, infact telling you sorry will be like am the one beating you just take this, is a pity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Buy Baby Cot Lagos / The Actual Causes Of Broken Homes And Divorces, And D Solutiöns! / How Can I 'warm' My 'akara'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.