Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) (38214 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / A Nairalander's 11 Years Wedding Anniversary Thank You Soup For Her Hubby (pix) / Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yuneehk(f): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oha, onugbu, and okazi soups na like cousins.
Na mainly leaves differentiate them.
You and food bah?

Yeah, they're almost the same.
It's when you want to add the leaves that it gets different names.
I sometimes cook the thickener plenty and then divide into different pots for different leaves angry

3 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:
My go to for Oha would be either offor or achi or ukpo.

Yellow scotch bonnet pepper is a must. Its taste in soups generally is something else.

And if I want to be extra, I'll rather use Palm extract (aforafo nkwu) instead of red oil.

Then finish it off with uziza leaves. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Munzy14:

Wow...Ukpo it's been ages I heard that name. cheesy

Yeah... It's not so common here but in the east.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Ximenez(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

Yellow scotch bonnet pepper is a must. Its taste in soups generally is something else.

And if I want to be extra, I'll rather use Palm extract (aforafo nkwu) instead of red oil.
Where una dey learn all these things na.
I'm sure you are neither Yoruba nor Hausa,
The people wey i get for here, if dem try pass na rice and beans with stew, if not, then the routine noodles and eggs and pasta

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

You and food bah?

Yeah, they're almost the same.
It's when you want to add the leaves that it gets different names.
I sometimes cook the thickener plenty and then divide into different pots for different leaves angry

A ga m a nwu n'elu nri? grin

That idea goes well o. Especially with oha and olugbu.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Munzy14(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Yeah... It's not so common here but in the east.

Truth...Are you from abia state?

Growing up my grandma had the plant...It fruits in pods that scratches if it touches the body...

We avoided like a plague.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yuneehk(f): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

What's an oha soup without uziza bikonu ee?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Munzy14:

Truth...Are you from abia state?

Growing up my grandma had the plant...It fruits in pods that scratches if it touches the body...

We avoided like a plague.

Wow... Really?
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by placeofallure(f): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you my dear. There more good out there than bad...

But the soup looks too busy. I always prefer simple things. If I come to your house as a guest, to entertain me will be kinda tricky. I don't eat all the things that almost everyone would wanna eat. I prefer garri and groundnut with chilled water to pounded yam. I don't eat chicken or turkey. Give me fish I'm ok. If there's no fish, I eat my rice plain like that. I'd take tea instead of Amala and ewedu. I'm just weird like that.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Kollabo419: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste.

did you say ukpo
Na wife material you be babe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yuneehk(f): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ximenez:

Where una dey learn all these things na.
I'm sure you are neither Yoruba nor Hausa,
The people wey i get for here, if dem try pass na rice and beans with stew, if not, then the routine noodles and eggs and pasta

I'm Igbo, and Oha soup is a very common delicacy among the Easterners so we know these things. There are still non Igbos who are interested and learn it as well same way we learn theirs.

If the people you get for there no sabi, you teach them. If you sef no con sabi, you learn and teach them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Kollabo419: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste.

inbox me I wan know u

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by angelfallz(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
You don't use ede(cocoyam) as thickner?
Channah1:

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by hardon1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

I prefer ukpo because it's light and non sticky like other thickeners. It also has its unique taste that blends well.

The beauty of OHA soup is the characteristic taste of the leaves and it's crunchy/vibrative nature when you chew it. It's remains my number 1 of all native igbo soups. I can forgo pusssy because of that soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Munzy14(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Wow... Really?
Cool.

Sure...

These things should have been a heritage to those from South East...But modern day generation has allowed them to go extinct...

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Freerhyme1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hope you know how to prepare it, else go get flagil and tetracycline grin

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Ximenez(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

I'm Igbo, and Oha soup is a very common delicacy among the Easterners so we know these things. There are still non Igbos who are interested and learn it as well same way we learn theirs.

If the people you get for there no sabi, you teach them. If you sef no con sabi, you learn and teach them.
Hmmmm
I miss Chinasa, fixing good meals is quite easy for her. Not exaggerating, sometimes she would make two different meals for me whenever we are together.
But......

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Zonefree(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oha, the king of soups. cheesy
Okra is the king of soups.

Please let's not argue about this.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Badadvisor: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Why achi?

I dislike the taste. Has this underlying taste that sticks to your taste bud which is why I don't like it and hardly maintains a light consistency.

It will just make face, kporchor for inside pot.
Always prefer ofor. Those white stuffs that's very stiff and pure white.
Achi got one very bad taste i dislike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Munzy14(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Smh....

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

What's an oha soup without uziza bikonu ee?

I ma ya. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Munzy14:

Smh....

Why? You don't like uziza leaves?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
Zonefree:

Okra is the king of soups.

Please let's not argue about this.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by NaijaCars4sale: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
This one looks delicious

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

The first time I made this soup for my inlaws, they knew their son will be well fed. grin
U get sister?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Munzy14(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Why? You don't like uziza leaves?
No, not that one...Uziza is one of my favorite leaves...

In oha, ogbono, okra, egusi....Damn! smiley

Smh to you and your food passion...

O kwa agwala m gi si mehe restaurant.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by 07kjb: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
Very nice soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Jackanda1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

The first time I made this soup for my inlaws, they knew their son will be well fed. grin
It's been two years since i ate oha soup. After seeing this thread, i hope i don't eat it in the dream this night.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by ideaz: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Recipe:
Fresh Oha leaves
Uziza leaves
Cocoyam
Beef
Stock fish
Dry Cat fish
Ogili Igbo
Beef seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Crayfish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XTKN5LT9U

I honestly thought I was going to be served this food as I watched. What have I gained if I can't even have a taste? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Clinghton: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Your posts always leaves me hungry.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by SoapQueen(f): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Recipe:
Fresh Oha leaves
Uziza leaves
Cocoyam
Beef
Stock fish
Dry Cat fish
Ogili Igbo
Beef seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Crayfish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XTKN5LT9U

My worst soup ever! I've tried non-stop to fall in love with this soup but I always feel sad and low when I eat it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? / Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue? / Bizarre: Rice Dish served with Condoms? [Pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.