Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) (38155 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / A Nairalander's 11 Years Wedding Anniversary Thank You Soup For Her Hubby (pix) / Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mvena(f): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Munzy14:

You never disappoint with meme... grin grin
Hehehehe

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by tmtnigeria: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
sojisenai:
Pictures like this reminds me of my darling wife Yetunde... Sometimes I wonder if her main purpose in life is to spoil and overfeed me with different types of food, I can't even pronounce some of the names she calls them. Yetunde, if you day read this, no be cause of food alone ooo...but if I come back again, na your address I go hold for hand enter this life.

For the best caregiving service in Lagos, check my signature.

God bless Madam Yetunde.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

The first time I made this soup for my inlaws, they knew their son will be well fed. grin

I see you grinded the Ede... What do you have to say about those powdered Ede they sell in the market. That's what I use, but someone told me getting cocoyam, cooking and pounding it is better.

What's your opinion or can you suggest better options for those that don't have the mortar to pound cocoyam?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Preciousppearl(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oha, onugbu, and okazi soups na like cousins.
Na mainly leaves differentiate them.
to me oha,uziza and onugbu na only leaf diffentiate am I must use coco yam to thicken but okazi I don't use cocoyam.melon cake and achara must dae inside my okazi.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Aziishyco(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste

Your head dey dia i swear
You must be a good cook

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
nams77:

Wow. What are beautiful wife and an appreciative husband! Pls cherish her and make her know you do.

On the flip side, na this food I press this past weekend. I no dey play with the stockfish. It must be the fleshy type not all those bones and head. I no dey look back whenever I dey spend for this soup

I miss ukazi soup too. Being over 15 years since I last tasted that soup
Channah and glorymaker wetin Una think of ukazi?
Pocohanta and mariangeles how Una see am?

15 years? That's a long time ooooo
Ukazi is always mouthwatering.
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oha, onugbu, and okazi soups na like cousins.
Na mainly leaves differentiate them.

Very correct!

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
Amojii:

No red oil?

There is oooo, it was an oversight while typing.
Thank you for pointing it out.
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yuneehk:

You and food bah?

Yeah, they're almost the same.
It's when you want to add the leaves that it gets different names.
I sometimes cook the thickener plenty and then divide into different pots for different leaves angry

Correct woman.

2 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
placeofallure:

But the soup looks too busy. I always prefer simple things. If I come to your house as a guest, to entertain me will be kinda tricky. I don't eat all the things that almost everyone would wanna eat. I prefer garri and groundnut with chilled water to pounded yam. I don't eat chicken or turkey. Give me fish I'm ok. If there's no fish, I eat my rice plain like that. I'd take tea instead of Amala and ewedu. I'm just weird like that.

Everyone is different, just inform your host on time so they wont stress trying to please you.
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
SweetDipBenny:
U get sister?

Me na last born oooooo

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Crazeworld(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste.

What is ukpo please? Can you reply with pictures?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by dadabashua1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
Na here dem de catch me....lovely and yummy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

I see you grinded the Ede... What do you have to say about those powdered Ede they sell in the market. That's what I use, but someone told me getting cocoyam, cooking and pounding it is better.

What's your opinion or can you suggest better options for those that don't have the mortar to pound cocoyam?

If you are sure of the source of the dry cocoyam its good, but sometimes they mix it with other things.
You can also use Ukpo,Ofor, or Achi to thicken your soup.
If you have a good blender, you can blend the cocoyam too.
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by HeavenVGate: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Recipe:
Fresh Oha leaves
Uziza leaves
Cocoyam
Beef
Stock fish
Dry Cat fish
Ogili Igbo
Beef seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Crayfish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XTKN5LT9U
Problem wey una get be say, you are hard to find here in the West. And you don't like marrying Yoruba. Wish I marry one from that side. O ma shey o sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Ablecia(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste.

Are you from AKS? Because we have Ukpo here

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
My best soup in Unilag

2 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Very correct!

smiley

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by descarado: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
Looks lovely.
I miss this soup undecided

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Preciousppearl:
to me oha,uziza and onugbu na only leaf diffentiate am I must use coco yam to thicken but okazi I don't use cocoyam.melon cake and achara must dae inside my okazi.

When I read/hear Ofe okazi, what comes to my mind is Ofe owerre, which is almost like Ofe oha.
In my place, we don't use achara.
Maybe there's a different Ofe okazi.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by stello(f): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Ukpo is good but has a way of darkening soup
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by stello(f): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Why achi?

I dislike the taste. Has this underlying taste that sticks to your taste bud which is why I don't like it and hardly maintains a light consistency.

It will just make face, kporchor for inside pot.
This happens when you add too much to soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Bankowner: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you for making me hungry! You do well!!!

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Prettychild(f): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Achi for me. undecided
I prefer using oho/ofo

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Sabincoka(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
CheedyJ:
Me & oha no dey roll abeg but nice one op
na same train we dey b dat...I no lyk the soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

There is oooo, it was an oversight while typing.
Thank you for pointing it out.

U r welcome, Omalicha

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ablecia:
Are you from AKS? Because we have Ukpo here

Where's that?
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
stello:

Ukpo is good but has a way of darkening soup

It depends on the oil you use. Upko doesn't darken soup especially if you use it with oha leaves.

stello:

This happens when you add too much to soup
Even when you use little, it will still turn like that.

Crazeworld:
What is ukpo please? Can you reply with pictures?
That's the ukpo seed. You boil or roast it with the shell then peel and pound or grind to powder.
The taste is so good.

3 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Badadvisor:

Always prefer ofor. Those white stuffs that's very stiff and pure white.
Achi got one very bad taste i dislike.

Ofo too is another good thickener. I love it's consistency. Very manageable and accepts ingredients well but achi?. If you like pack the whole world full inside... Oyo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by annyberry: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Are u from umuahia?
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Victoria25(f): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
I’m salivating ��

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals / Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.