Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,106 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Business Idea For My Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Business Idea For My Mom (590 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Idea For My Mom by Legendss: 10:26pm On May 26, 2022
cryGood evening everyone. I’m an active member and opening a new account is the best way I can, to avoid being known by active nlanders.

I am a graduate. Self employed and by God’s grace with a take home of at least 400k monthly(can be more at times). The business has been going on for 2 years

My mom is into petty trades (local foodstuffs) in the market. I have been trying to get her to stop, but she keeps insisting on starting another business. She said she doesn’t want to stop and just sit at home doing nothing(note: The house is ours and she doesn’t pay rent)
Note: myself and my brothers(big brothers) have all concluded she stops and even decided to place her on monthly salary, but she refused.

Her decision: she want to start another business which is stress free, aside provisions. Please i will really appreciate any input, because my plan majorly is to stop her from the petty trade.

What business can she do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Threesha(f): 11:09pm On May 26, 2022
How old is she?
Why do you want her to stop?
My Aunt died few years of stopping her business because tr children wanted to the same thing you are asking your mom to do. The business he doing is keeping her, meeting people and seeing people
No business is stress free

3 Likes

Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Legendss: 10:19am On May 29, 2022
Threesha:
How old is she?
Why do you want her to stop?
My Aunt died few years of stopping her business because tr children wanted to the same thing you are asking your mom to do. The business he doing is keeping her, meeting people and seeing people
No business is stress free

The business has been very very stressful for her. She has to go to market (6am) to get food stuffs. She goes twice a week. And also, On two occasions, she was diagnosed with high bp and they related it to too much stress (she does grinding too and she has to start the engine)

I want her to stop and at the same time, i want other businesses she can do that will be stress free
Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Mindlog: 11:50am On May 29, 2022
I can relate because my cousins stopped my Aunt from selling smoked fish at Oyingbo market which was what she used to raise them. It was really difficult convincing her, it took almost 2 years to get her to leave because it was no longer about the money but having to stop seeing her fellow market women who have been part of her life, her customers over the years who have become friends etc.

They got her a shop close to where she now lives, a walking distance. They stocked it with a deep freezer and a fridge alongside drinks that is being delivered to her shop regularly.

She opens her shop at 8a.m as against the 4.30a.m she left home for Oyingbo market , for over 2 decades. She goes back home at 1p.m for her lunch and a nap and re-opens the shop at around 3p.m and closes for the day at 8p.m and by then the little girl living with her, who is in secondary school is back from her evening lessons and has prepared supper.

No matter how financially comfortable we become and wants our parents to rest and enjoy, we should get them something not stressful to be in engaged in. Boredom is not good for their mental wellbeing.

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Legendss: 2:13pm On May 29, 2022
Mindlog:
I can relate because my cousins stopped my Aunt from selling smoked fish at Oyingbo market which was what she used to raise them. It was really difficult convincing her, it took almost 2 years to get her to leave because it was no longer about the money but having to stop seeing her fellow market women who have been part of her life, her customers over the years who have become friends etc.

They got her a shop close to where she now lives, a walking distance. They stocked it with a deep freezer and a fridge alongside drinks that is being delivered to her shop regularly.

She opens her shop at 8a.m as against the 4.30a.m she left home for Oyingbo market , for over 2 decades. She goes back home at 1p.m for her lunch and a nap and re-opens the shop at around 3p.m and closes for the day at 8p.m and by then the little girl living with her, who is in secondary school is back from her evening lessons and has prepared supper.

No matter how financially comfortable we become and wants our parents to rest and enjoy, we should get them something not stressful to be in engaged in. Boredom is not good for their mental wellbeing.

Thank you for your input.
She’s in her mid 50s.
What business do you think she can do
Re: Business Idea For My Mom by emmanuelbrown26: 3:31pm On May 29, 2022
Legendss:

Thank you for your input.
She’s in her mid 50s.
What business do you think she can do
Since mumsy has being in d business for years, u can't stop her, Infact she drives joy in d marketing than any other pmace u can even think of. Meeting her customers, her fellow Market women, gossip in d market and jokes in d market.
I think d best thing to do is to open shop for mumsy and stock it, mind u it must still be in d same line of her market business she's being doing.
U can buy bags of food stuffs, go to noodle companies and liase with dem to be supplying mumsy, etc
Pls mak una no place mumsy on monthly salary ohhhhh, unless una wan loose mumsy

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Legendss: 10:50am On May 30, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Since mumsy has being in d business for years, u can't stop her, Infact she drives joy in d marketing than any other pmace u can even think of. Meeting her customers, her fellow Market women, gossip in d market and jokes in d market.
I think d best thing to do is to open shop for mumsy and stock it, mind u it must still be in d same line of her market business she's being doing.
U can buy bags of food stuffs, go to noodle companies and liase with dem to be supplying mumsy, etc
Pls mak una no place mumsy on monthly salary ohhhhh, unless una wan loose mumsy

I spoke with momc and made her see reasons and she agreed to stop the particular food stuffs sales. But on the condition that we get her a less stressful trade she can engage in, before she stops completely.
Re: Business Idea For My Mom by Medianna(f): 3:47pm On May 30, 2022
Abeg leave that woman to do what she like abeg

(1) (Reply)

Married People Seeking Happiness And Solution. / Hookup Girl Caught By Her Boyfriend- What Is The Hookup Culture? / Mother Discovered She Married Her COUSIN While She Was Pregnant With His Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.